http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 11:30:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW Maps  (Read 2425 times)
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2004, 06:23:22 PM »

Anyone know of a site that has maps of the Instances in WoW? Im fine with the cities and navigating around the world map but I keep getting hoplessly lost in the dungeons. Tryed running Wailing Caverns last night and even though I've done this dungeon 3 or 4 times during beta within 15 minutes the party I was in was completely lost and was spending too much time backtracking. I tryed mapping WC and Gnomeragan during Beta to no avail. Anyway if anyone has any info I'd appreciate it, going to drive over to the games store and flip through the strat guide quick to see if they included the dungeon maps.

Thanks
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 07:42:40 PM »

http://www.thottbot.com/?z=b

Thottbot - the best site (IMHO) for finding just about anything. Want to see maps overlayed with specific mobs or mining spots? It's there. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:07:34 PM »

Thotts was the first place I checked but if you click on any of the Instance maps you get a "No Map for <instance>" message.  Im specifically looking for maps of the various dungeons/instances. The local Best Buy near me was sold out of Strategy Guides, before I go running all over town is there anyone who owns the guide that can tell me whether they included maps of the dungeons/instances?

Thanks
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 10:39:40 PM »

Quote from: "Abaddon"
Thotts was the first place I checked but if you click on any of the Instance maps you get a "No Map for <instance>" message.  Im specifically looking for maps of the various dungeons/instances. The local Best Buy near me was sold out of Strategy Guides, before I go running all over town is there anyone who owns the guide that can tell me whether they included maps of the dungeons/instances?

Thanks

I just picked it up today and haven't had a chance to flip through much, but I looked through just now briefly and didn't see any instance maps.  Sorry.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 11:07:34 PM »

The OSG has no instance maps.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 11:11:52 PM »

Thanks for the heads up saved me a trip, sort of strange though that no maps for the Instance dungeons seem to exist anywhere.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 11:30:25 PM »

Quote from: "Abaddon"
Thanks for the heads up saved me a trip, sort of strange though that no maps for the Instance dungeons seem to exist anywhere.
Yeah, I thought so too.

I did eventually find one for Wailing Caves, but it was very poorly done.  I didn't even bother bookmarking it.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 11:39:20 PM »

Blizzard has released no maps for instances, because they said they are to be explored, not mapped.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004, 12:48:45 AM »

Quote from: "leo8877"
Blizzard has released no maps for instances, because they said they are to be explored, not mapped.
Ah, fair enough.

Really, all the instances I've done have been very memorable and navigatable.  If you've done them once and have a decent sense of direction, you should be fine at leading a group through it again later.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 02:01:16 PM »

We spent about 20 extra minutes last night backtracking around Wailing Caverns as well (Ab, was it my group you were in? smile), trying to get to Serpentis.  I kept seeing him on my minimap (Hunter track humanoid skill), but I could figure out how to get to his elevation.

Someone mentioned a site that had a map, but I'm guessing it's the same one LE found, and while it does indicate where the bosses are, there's no real means to tell how to get to them.

We did end up figuring out what we missed (one turn we hadn't taken), and eventually cleared it, but it was almost to the point where I was ready to give up  on the quest.  Fortunately our group stuck it out and we did eventually finish it up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: