http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 11:01:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW Login Servers down?  (Read 1980 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2004, 09:34:10 AM »

For the last while I've been trying to start up WoW but it gets stuck on "Authenticating..." and doesn't do anything else.  

I went over to the official site and checked the general forums, found one thread about this same problem and when I tried to reply it said the Login Servers were down for the forums, too!   :evil:

Not only are these random outages annoying, I'm a little afraid that if I can't even report them on the official forums that they may go unnoticed or unfixed for a while.  What a pain in the ass.

EDIT: Well, they now have an official post about it in the Realm Status forum, so hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 01:05:23 PM »

I was getting really bad lag and logged out to see if logging in would help.  Now I can't get back in.  frown

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 01:08:20 PM »

Yeah, I finally got logged in for a while, had to go do a few other things and was disconnected when I came back and was unable to connect again.  They posted another note on the site saying that there are lingering Log In issues for some people.

At this rate my first two months will be free.

Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 05:09:08 PM »

This issue occured last week and basically kept alot of folks myself included out of the game for about 7 or 8 hours. http://consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3845
They claimed to have fixed it, and that seemed to be the case since the problem dissappeared until today. I will say the official posts left on the forums were extremely terse or cryptic in regards to what was causing the problem and how it was fixed but this seems to be a trend with Blizzard. Obviously I dont expect a 12 page dissertation on all the technical aspects of a problem but they could be a little more forth coming when there are problems with the game IMHO, perhaps I was just spoiled by Mythic and then Cryptic. Both companies seemed to be "information" friendly.

When the game is down 99% of the time the forum login servers will be down as well. Some folks have speculated that the servers are tied together somehow others that the forum servers get flooded with people trying to post when the game goes down. Personally I think Blizzard shuts down the forum login servers when there are known issues so they dont get swamped with posts. I have taken to calling Blizzards help desk now rather then attempting to post to the forums.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 02:37:36 PM »

You know what really pisses me off is that when they take the game servers down (like today for the schedules maintenance) it also takes down their forum login server!  WTF?  If there is one thing I want to do when my play session has been cut short it is go online and check out the forums and talk with other players.  Instead I basically just have to sit here cursing them and their silly procedures and getting more annoyed than simply not being able to play.

ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 04:07:28 PM »

I think they're the same servers.  Presumably it has something to do with the dynamic character info that shows up along with forum logins.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 06:56:54 PM »

Is the login down for anyone else? Would appreciate it if someone could try and let me know.

Thanks
Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 07:10:12 PM »

Down for me but it still manages to update alerts and says "some" people are experiencing billing errors.  BS.  Plus when you click on more info the wow webpage times out.

Can't login to forums because "login server is down."  That is why you don't see tons of complaints about it.  Nice way to handle PR.

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 07:33:03 PM »

Well. I don't like this trend.  It is forcing me to do productive things during the day rather than push for level 40.  Nope....I don't like it one bit.
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2005, 02:24:52 AM »

WTF.  Why is it every time I have large blocks of time to play, the servers go down, login gets borked, or there is a patch, or a problem with a patch?

AARRGGHH!!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2005, 02:53:52 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
WTF.  Why is it every time I have large blocks of time to play, the servers go down, login gets borked, or there is a patch, or a problem with a patch?

AARRGGHH!!
They schedule their "random" downtimes during your free time.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2005, 09:27:15 AM »

Hmm... so that means someone is finking me out to Blizzard... now I just need to figure out who...  
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2005, 06:06:49 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Hmm... so that means someone is finking me out to Blizzard... now I just need to figure out who...  
Start with your pets and work your way up from there.  Those little fuzzy buggers are always out to topple #1.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: