http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 12:24:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW - I've said it before and I'll say it again...  (Read 3099 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2005, 04:53:38 PM »

How did I live without a mount???  Now that I have my undead horse to cart me around, I don't know how I ran for 42 levels.  I can barely stand to think about it.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 05:06:07 PM »

Shut your piehole, you filthy scum!  

I still have 4 more levels before I can get my mount.   :cry:

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 05:08:56 PM »

I just hit level 43 myself, and still need 13 gold or so.  It's become my entire focus the past few levels, considering I didn't even start saving up until the late 30s.

It's sad to join a pickup group, all 40+, and when we all head out towards the destination, everyone whips out a mount except for me.  2 paladins and a warlock then ask me why I don't have a mount yet... :lol:
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 05:20:08 PM »

Over 6 levels to go for me frown

Luckily, I've started saving up already.  How much is it total?  90 gold or something?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 05:30:43 PM »

Quote from: "Butterknife"
Luckily, I've started saving up already.  How much is it total?  90 gold or something?

I thought it was 100

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 05:33:06 PM »

There's a 10% discount if you're "honored" with your home faction.  So for me, the Night Elves nightsaber will be 90g.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 06:02:45 PM »

Quote from: "Ibby"
There's a 10% discount if you're "honored" with your home faction.  So for me, the Night Elves nightsaber will be 90g.

If your "dishonored" is it a 10% upcharge? slywink

Xbox Live: AgtFox
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 07:31:41 PM »

It cost me 90 gold total.  I must admit that I had to take a 10g loan from a guild member at the end.  I couldn't stand to wait any more and he was very nice to help out.  Now that it's been paid back, all the money I get is mine to keep and I have a shiny new horse to boot.  

JOY!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 08:23:20 PM »

That's pretty neat about getting a "mount."  Is it like your own personal mount or what?  How does it work for the non-WoW experienced person that I am?  Sounds pretty slick though.

All I know is that whenever you hit that faster transportation in any game, it makes you think, "How did I run around everywhere for SO LONG?!"   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 08:47:38 PM »

Quote from: "depward"
That's pretty neat about getting a "mount."  Is it like your own personal mount or what?  How does it work for the non-WoW experienced person that I am?  Sounds pretty slick though.

All I know is that whenever you hit that faster transportation in any game, it makes you think, "How did I run around everywhere for SO LONG?!"   biggrin

Yeah, its your own personal mount. You get a little inventory item that you right-click on (or put it on your hotbar and hit the corresponding key) and you change from your normal self into your normal self sitting on your mount. Takes about 3 seconds for it to happen and you can not do so while in combat.

You can not fight or do a lot of other things while mounted, but dismount is instant when you rightclick again on your inventory item. You can also be dismounted when a creature stuns or dazes (movement reduction hit) you. If you get into water that would make you enter swimming mode normally, it also dismounts you. It does not work inside buildings or underground.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2005, 09:50:54 PM »

Quote from: "Toe"
Quote from: "depward"

Yeah, its your own personal mount. You get a little inventory item that you right-click on (or put it on your hotbar and hit the corresponding key) and you change from your normal self into your normal self sitting on your mount. Takes about 3 seconds for it to happen and you can not do so while in combat.

You can not fight or do a lot of other things while mounted, but dismount is instant when you rightclick again on your inventory item. You can also be dismounted when a creature stuns or dazes (movement reduction hit) you. If you get into water that would make you enter swimming mode normally, it also dismounts you. It does not work inside buildings or underground.

Sounds interesting!  Nice little feature   biggrin

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2005, 10:28:20 PM »

depward you have no idea, it's pure bliss!!!
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2005, 10:56:26 PM »

I picked up my Nightsabre for 72g.  As your status keeps increasing with your faction your mount gets cheaper and cheaper.  I think collecting Owlbeast feathers in the Hinterlands knocked off a couple of gold for its reputation bump.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2005, 11:01:13 PM »

Actually I think mount costs don't go past 72g. When Ibby said 90g, he's saying 72 for the mount and 18 for the riding skill. When I checked prices as honored and then revered with Stormwind, it was still 72g.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2005, 11:17:24 PM »

Yeah, good clarification.  It's 90 total.  But since you can't ride it without training, might as well call it 90 for the mount.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 11:27:53 PM »

Darn, I thought I was on to something there.  Yeah, I didn't count the training since when I hit 40 I had that.  And when I hit 44 I finally had the rest.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 11:32:36 PM »

Price depends on faction and on which mount...like the undead have 3 skel horses that are 80g then they havea green glowing oen that is 100g........also paladins and warlocks have thier own summoned mount.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 11:52:57 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Price depends on faction and on which mount...like the undead have 3 skel horses that are 80g then they havea green glowing oen that is 100g........also paladins and warlocks have thier own summoned mount.

Yeah I wish it was 100G, that green war horse is 900 GOLD!  All races have an epic mount that costs that much.  I know it's faster, but I don't know what else it does for that much money.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 06:17:24 AM »

Quote from: "leo8877"
Quote from: "Daehawk"

Yeah I wish it was 100G, that green war horse is 900 GOLD!  All races have an epic mount that costs that much.  I know it's faster, but I don't know what else it does for that much money.

It doesn't do anything but double your speed.  Might as well start saving for it once you get the first mount, because at the moment there really isn't anything else to do once you reach 60.  (other than raid opposing towns).

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 11:39:01 AM »

I must say that I've been pretty disappointed in how the Orc wolf mounts look.  They look a little too small and friendly, almost like a big dog.  They need to be a little big bulkier and more crazed like the wargs from the LOTR movies.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 03:48:58 PM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
I must say that I've been pretty disappointed in how the Orc wolf mounts look.  They look a little too small and friendly, almost like a big dog.  They need to be a little big bulkier and more crazed like the wargs from the LOTR movies.

The PVP mount they show in the preview looks a little more like what you are talking about.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 05:13:21 PM »

That mount is bad ass.  I hope that they make all mounts have slots for items that boost speed, or just make them look cool.

FWIW, I think the wolf mount looks really cool.
Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 05:43:16 PM »

I've heard that the only Level 60 mount that's "done" is the undead one.  That seems to make sense because the level 60 undead mount is the only one that looks significantly different from the level 40.

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 06:11:52 PM »

Quote from: "Loomi"
I've heard that the only Level 60 mount that's "done" is the undead one.  That seems to make sense because the level 60 undead mount is the only one that looks significantly different from the level 40.

That makes sense.  I was talking about this with my guild the other day and they said that the other races' elite mounts are just different colors right now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: