http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:22:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW for players with a backbone  (Read 9072 times)
Gryndyl
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 02, 2011, 07:15:44 AM

Kind of bummed because I leveled my goblin about 10 levels south and west of Orgrimmar before realizing that there is a goblin-oriented path north of Orgrimmar.

However, I found an awesome place to farm linen cloth in the process.

I also found out that engineering and first aid are a bad pair.

My goblin just reached Orgrimmar. Where north of orgrimmar are the goblin oriented quests?

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2011, 02:49:47 PM »

go out the back door of Org.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2011, 03:38:06 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 02, 2011, 08:37:37 AM

First aid is secondary.  There's really no "pairing" it with anything.  You can still have another primary profession.

But it competes for resources with engineering. So if you are trying to advance both of them at the same time, it is difficult.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2011, 01:04:16 AM »

Engineering mostly use resource from mining so doesn't compete for resource with first aid. First aid mostly use clothes and engineering only have a few recipes that use clothes.

The one that compete with first aid is tailoring.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2011, 01:47:21 AM »

Had a full guild group today and it was the most fun I've had since I started playing again.  Thanks guys!  Now we need more people so the guild can actually level up slywink
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2011, 06:23:28 AM »

Yeah...game is a thousand times more enjoyable with a full guild group.  We need reinforcements who play regularly.

I'll try to enlist my brother.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2011, 02:30:23 PM »

So, I know it drives Hark crazy (slywink) but I did a whole bunch of grey quests to catch up to the green quests in the Goblin-based quest progression in the north of Orgrimmar. A lot of really clever stuff in there if you are tired of the "kill x" quests and some good humor as well. Visiting Bilgewater city was cool as well.

Also, Naga seem to like to carry linen around on them biggrin

Oh, if you are interested in linen, go to Razor Hill (first town south of Orgrimmar) and then travel west a little bit. When you cross the water, there will be a small outpost. In a field to the southwest, there are a load of linen-loving Centaurs. When you wipe them out, travel west again to another outpost and there will be a whole mess more of Centaurs. From there you can hearthstone or travel a little bit west to Crossroads, where there is a flight path.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:50:18 PM by Teggy » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2011, 03:07:49 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 03, 2011, 02:30:23 PM

So, I know it drives Hark crazy (slywink) but I did a whole bunch of grey quests to catch up to the green quests in the Goblin-based quest progression in the north of Orgrimmar. A lot of really clever stuff in there if you are tired of the "kill x" quests and some good humor as well. Visiting Bilgewater city was cool as well.

you still get XP and drops for grey quests, so it's OK, keep doing them.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2011, 03:17:19 PM »

Teggy most Humanoid mobs will drop some type of cloth.  Also I suggest taking first aid as it is a good send when you soloing and you don't have heals

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2011, 03:19:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 03, 2011, 03:07:49 PM

Yeah, but you get a pittance of XP (like 50 instead of 1000) and drops that are well below your current gear, which is why Hark doesn't like me doing them (and it that case I can understand). I just like visiting the areas and catching up on the story. I know you have a ban on Goblins, but I am enjoying the area. smile

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on January 03, 2011, 03:17:19 PM

Teggy most Humanoid mobs will drop some type of cloth.  Also I suggest taking first aid as it is a good send when you soloing and you don't have heals

Yeah, I have first aid on both of my characters, but somehow got behind on my main and my alt needs cloth for both first aid and engineering. So far, wool also seems a lot less prevalent than linen, but I probably just haven't hit the right areas. I also haven't found any poison sacs at all, but I can wait or look that up.

I also added cooking and fishing on my alt after finding out you can have all three, but I don't think I will do much fishing because it is more boring than the real thing icon_lol.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2011, 04:54:53 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 03, 2011, 03:19:57 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on January 03, 2011, 03:07:49 PM

Yeah, but you get a pittance of XP (like 50 instead of 1000) and drops that are well below your current gear, which is why Hark doesn't like me doing them (and it that case I can understand). I just like visiting the areas and catching up on the story. I know you have a ban on Goblins, but I am enjoying the area. smile

also when you go back and do quests at the level cap you get a decent amount of cash instead of the really low amount of xp.  Which also means you still get to read the storylines at that point.  It doesn't matter if you're reading it out of order either since everything in the outlands is out of time sync anyway slywink
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 06, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »

So I think I might have figured out why I was randomly targeting scarabs last night.

I had changed the start of my macro to:
/target [target=focustarget, harm, nodead]

which is supposed to target my focus' target as long as that target is unfriendly and alive. However, the wiki gives some additional info in another article which states that if you try to /target and don't find a target, the game will target the nearest enemy. That would explain pulling the scarabs.

So I need to use:
/assist focus

which will target my focus' target only if it has a target. If there is no target, I'll get errors from the subsequent hunter's mark, pet attack and auto attack, but nothing bad will happen.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 06, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 06, 2011, 03:44:10 PM

So I think I might have figured out why I was randomly targeting scarabs last night.

I had changed the start of my macro to:
/target [target=focustarget, harm, nodead]

which is supposed to target my focus' target as long as that target is unfriendly and alive. However, the wiki gives some additional info in another article which states that if you try to /target and don't find a target, the game will target the nearest enemy. That would explain pulling the scarabs.

So I need to use:
/assist focus

which will target my focus' target only if it has a target. If there is no target, I'll get errors from the subsequent hunter's mark, pet attack and auto attack, but nothing bad will happen.

Lol Teggy.  Don't worry we didn't wipe or even get close. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 06, 2011, 06:07:57 PM »

Oh, that wasn't enough of a challenge? Next time I'll try to pull all the scarabs at once.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 06, 2011, 09:45:41 PM »

OMFG SCARABS!  (I'm still surprised you didn't tame one)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2011, 09:59:25 PM »

Speaking of taming, I hate that the animal shrinks after you tame it. I tamed a big bird that was about as tall as my hunter, and once it was successful the damn thing shrunk down to half it's size  crybaby 

A few minutes later I found out I was supposed to kill the thing for a quest too.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 06, 2011, 10:02:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 06, 2011, 09:59:25 PM

Speaking of taming, I hate that the animal shrinks after you tame it. I tamed a big bird that was about as tall as my hunter, and once it was successful the damn thing shrunk down to half it's size  crybaby 

A few minutes later I found out I was supposed to kill the thing for a quest too.

Yeah, I noticed that too when I got my turtle.

Why would I want a scarab? It's a big ugly bug. I already have a spider, that's bad enough.  I wish I could solo  with my fun glowing dog.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 06, 2011, 11:55:55 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 06, 2011, 10:02:37 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on January 06, 2011, 09:59:25 PM

Speaking of taming, I hate that the animal shrinks after you tame it. I tamed a big bird that was about as tall as my hunter, and once it was successful the damn thing shrunk down to half it's size  crybaby 

Yeah, I noticed that too when I got my turtle.

Why would I want a scarab? It's a big ugly bug. I already have a spider, that's bad enough.  I wish I could solo  with my fun glowing dog.

no reason you can't solo with the dog, as long as you don't send him after mobs while you're fighting another one...   icon_twisted
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2011, 02:34:21 PM »

Any of the skinners (I believe that's Hark and Onnel) have light leather to spare?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 08, 2011, 05:19:30 PM »

My skinning fell way behind due to 3x xp and instances. frown  I might have a little but definitely not very much.

btw wtf happened with duncan, he alive?
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 08, 2011, 05:29:01 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 08, 2011, 02:34:21 PM

Any of the skinners (I believe that's Hark and Onnel) have light leather to spare?

My alt skins..when I play her again I'll snag you some.

A
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 08, 2011, 06:31:20 PM »

Quote from: onnel on January 08, 2011, 05:29:01 PM

A

Thanks! Mail to Gronkle.

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 08, 2011, 07:26:58 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 08, 2011, 06:31:20 PM

Quote from: onnel on January 08, 2011, 05:29:01 PM

A

Thanks! Mail to Gronkle.

My mage alt skins also, so I'll send leather your way

Semper Fidelis

crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2011, 03:37:38 AM »

It seems every time I log on lately nobody is on. Either I need to play more or nobody i playing.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »

I got up Sunday morning and felt like seeing another starting area and I wound up going 1-15 on a blood elf protection paladin. The gal is powerful - at around level 14 I realized I had taken on a quest that had mobs 2-3 levels above me and I was often beating 2 of them at the same time. Name is Westia and she has skinning and leatherworking.

Of course I realized afterward that the character wasn't in the guild and all that XP went to waste.

This is really making me want to go back and start Dragon Age over. I got 40-50 hours in but started to get bogged down because my party of 2 warriors, a rogue and a mage kept running out of health potions. Learning what I have here I want to set up party with a healer, a tank and two damage dealers.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2011, 11:16:40 PM »

Due to a massive Steam sale and the need for some creative bookkeeping, I am currently not subbed.  I will be remedying that this weekend once the check clears.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384#blog

The new patch is very kind to hunters smile

And I mistook Hadron for Duncan. I don't know why Duncan has been missing (and playing on other servers  ninja)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2011, 03:07:16 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 13, 2011, 01:46:29 PM

And I mistook Hadron for Duncan. I don't know why Duncan has been missing (and playing on other servers  ninja)

•The worgen racial trait Darkflight now has a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3, and is no longer on the global cooldown. In addition, the movement speed bonus now stacks with existing bonuses, but cannot be activated while Sprint or Dash is active (and they cannot be activated while Darkflight is active).

is Darkflight is one of the most useless things I've seen, or am I missing something?

Because I can,
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 13, 2011, 03:07:16 PM

•The worgen racial trait Darkflight now has a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3, and is no longer on the global cooldown. In addition, the movement speed bonus now stacks with existing bonuses, but cannot be activated while Sprint or Dash is active (and they cannot be activated while Darkflight is active).

is Darkflight is one of the most useless things I've seen, or am I missing something?

If its a "speed boost" ability then it is probably very useful.  (like rocketboots were for engineering or sprint was for a rogue)

But I don't know what the ability does exactley, so if it is not a speed boost it may very well be useless..  slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »

Quote from: Morgul on January 13, 2011, 03:13:49 PM

If its a "speed boost" ability then it is probably very useful.  (like rocketboots were for engineering or sprint was for a rogue)

But I don't know what the ability does exactley, so if it is not a speed boost it may very well be useless..  slywink

you run faster for about 10 seconds; I guess it might be OK if you're trying to run away from something but so far it's been one of those skill buttons that I look at every now and then and go 'what does that one do again?'

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2011, 06:43:44 PM »

Quote from: crumsteel on January 10, 2011, 03:37:38 AM

It seems every time I log on lately nobody is on. Either I need to play more or nobody i playing.

who are you in game?  We've had Kato, Teggy, Mikagami and I on pretty regularly.  Others either aren't on frequently or no longer log onto this server and just tease me with realid showing that they jumped ship to start over on other servers slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 13, 2011, 03:23:06 PM

Quote from: Morgul on January 13, 2011, 03:13:49 PM

you run faster for about 10 seconds; I guess it might be OK if you're trying to run away from something but so far it's been one of those skill buttons that I look at every now and then and go 'what does that one do again?'

Darkflight is awesome, you're definitely missing something.  Of course it's better in a pvp environment and you might just not 'get that' slywink
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2011, 06:45:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 13, 2011, 03:23:06 PM

Sounds like you're only considering things from a solo questing/leveling perspective (which I believe is what you mainly do, from what I can gather).

You have to keep in mind there are other aspects of the game... PvP and hardcore-raiding.  Speed boosts can be very helpful in those scenarios.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2011, 07:16:27 PM »

Yeah, I don't do PvP in WoW and haven't tried raiding yet, so it's just something I'll have to wait and see how useful it is.

Because I can,
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 13, 2011, 06:43:44 PM

who are you in game?  We've had Kato, Teggy, Mikagami and I on pretty regularly.  Others either aren't on frequently or no longer log onto this server and just tease me with realid showing that they jumped ship to start over on other servers slywink

the comment was really a joke / semi serious, but I have been seeing more people on lately. My in game name is Tokz. It would be nice if there was a list to tell who was who from the forum in the game.

Fyi: I am greener than teddy in the game, still trying to learn.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2011, 04:01:52 AM »

Quote from: crumsteel on January 14, 2011, 02:21:21 AM

Quote from: Harkonis on January 13, 2011, 06:43:44 PM

the comment was really a joke / semi serious, but I have been seeing more people on lately. My in game name is Tokz. It would be nice if there was a list to tell who was who from the forum in the game.

Fyi: I am greener than teddy in the game, still trying to learn.

Jump into guild chat or vent! I can also give you my battlenet real ID so you know who I am no matter what alt i'm playin'  icon_biggrin

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2011, 04:55:19 AM »

Everyone in the guild other than you has a comment on the guild roster telling who they are on the forums slywink  I didnt' do yours because I had no idea who you were.
IamChuckles
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2011, 02:51:10 PM »

I have also created an Orc hunter and restarted.  Who can invite to the guild?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2011, 04:13:40 PM »

most of us, what's the char name?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: