http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:06:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW - Did you buy a pet?  (Read 2578 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2005, 05:13:28 PM »

I had not purchased a pet until now.  I was browsing the AH in Orgrimmar and found this:  http://thottbot.com/?i=5414

It's perfect for me.  biggrin
none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 05:17:32 PM »

hey, i can make those!  here's a list of the various pets you can acquire and where to get them.  i got a tiny crimson whelp as a drop the other day and i've got to say that i'm pretty happy to get it.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 05:21:42 PM »

I personally like the Collector's Edition pets. The Panda goes great with any Horde character, while Diablo is a great Paladin pet. Never figured out which the Zergling goes best with though. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 05:51:40 PM »

Quote from: "none"
hey, i can make those!  here's a list of the various pets you can acquire and where to get them.  i got a tiny crimson whelp as a drop the other day and i've got to say that i'm pretty happy to get it.

The dragon pets, which are rare drops only, sell for huge coin on the auction house (least on my server) going for 40-70 gold normally. Definately would be selling one if i found one.

I got a little Sprite Darter Hatchling from a quest in Ferlas. He is cute and a bit unique as a lot of people do not realize the quest is there. The NPCs are in a spot thats hard to find and you first have to do a whole series of quests before you can get this one. Plus, the completion of the first quest they give you ends at an NPC in Darnassus and that NPC gives you no indication that NPCs you helped now will offer you another quest.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 11:34:20 PM »

Quote from: "Toe"
I got a little Sprite Darter Hatchling from a quest in Ferlas. He is cute and a bit unique as a lot of people do not realize the quest is there. The NPCs are in a spot thats hard to find and you first have to do a whole series of quests before you can get this one. Plus, the completion of the first quest they give you ends at an NPC in Darnassus and that NPC gives you no indication that NPCs you helped now will offer you another quest.

Isn't it also like a level 45+ quest as well? I've seen a few players with this pet, and I've realized it's far cooler than my little panda I have.

Although, my panda does make that cute little 'waaa' noise whenever you poke it. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 01:32:04 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Never figured out which the Zergling goes best with though. biggrin

Warlock.  You can fool people into thinking you have a Felhound, maybe you wont get ganked by some higher level fool
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 03:14:34 PM »

I have a cockroach. It's cool as hell.

I'd also like to get a rat.

Can you get a rat?
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 03:20:04 PM »

I like how the panda sleeps all the time, even during the middle of fights.  Nothing seems to bother the panda, even when their master is getting the snot beaten out of them.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 03:52:30 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

Isn't it also like a level 45+ quest as well? I've seen a few players with this pet, and I've realized it's far cooler than my little panda I have.

Yeah, thottbot list it as 47th.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 05:07:30 PM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
I like how the panda sleeps all the time, even during the middle of fights.  Nothing seems to bother the panda, even when their master is getting the snot beaten out of them.

Yeah, that's the best part. I've had the panda run 30 yards to catch up to me just to fall asleep at my feet the instant he stopped.

That, and somehow the panda can sleep underwater. It's the strangest thing.

Now Diablo is funny. He's so powerful, he doesn't swim underwater. He just powers himself forward by throwing his arms out (his standstill animation).

The Chauffeur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 06:28:39 PM »

The Mini Diablo will occasionally spew flame all around. That's a fun animation!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 07:54:36 PM »

Quote from: "The Chauffeur"
The Mini Diablo will occasionally spew flame all around. That's a fun animation!

Yeah, I remember the first time he did that. I was in my usual group of three, and we just all turned and watched him in utter shock.

Afterwards, we all kept making jokes about him, as if daring him to do it again. One time when the Mage in my group got a new robe, she chided Diablo to make sure he wouldn't burn it up.

Less than a minute later, he did his thing. And by pure dumb luck, he was right next to her, too. biggrin

ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 07:55:46 PM »

Someone I teamed with said he would mail me a mechanical squirrel.  I really hope he does.  He can also make exploding sheep.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 09:36:36 PM »

I've got a Squirrel Box, a Cockroach, and a Mechanical Chicken.  I can't help it...I'm obsessed with the little things...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 11:25:47 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I've got a Squirrel Box, a Cockroach, and a Mechanical Chicken.  I can't help it...I'm obsessed with the little things...

Now, did you pick up a Chicken yet from Shimmering Flats? That's a true pet. biggrin

slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 12:53:31 AM »

I love my parrot, don't get me wrong, but I just wish he would go into stealth mode when I did.  A rogue needs a stealth pet!

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 02:02:35 AM »

Quote from: "slackerjoe"
I love my parrot, don't get me wrong, but I just wish he would go into stealth mode when I did.  A rogue needs a stealth pet!

I like stealthing around in cat form with my cockatiel following in tow, makes for some funny moments...and yes I know there's a parrot following me!

Mechanical squirrels are great too.  If you're horde on whisperwind and want a squirrel, I can make one for you.
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 12:30:12 PM »

I'm tempted to try and collect every pet in the game, but that would take up so many bank slots, that I can't bring myself to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: