http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 12:07:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW - Can you get there from here???  (Read 2142 times)
RPGHero
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2004, 03:40:50 AM »

When you fly from IronForge to Menethil Harbor you pass two things high up in the mountains...what seems to be a military base...and then closer to the harbor...some buildings high up in the mountains.  
I can't figure out how to get to either one...I never see anyone at either one either.
Are these areas not used, are they only for very high players...or do you really have to work to get there.  An official work from TinyOgre wouldn't hurt my feelings smile
drifter
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 04:09:37 AM »

You fly over a gnomish airfield.  During the beta I think people tried but never were able to get to it.

Drifter
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:59:42 AM »

I saw a rumor on the WOW boards, backed up with some fairly good-looking pictures, that one of the hidden towns in those mountains is actually a troll dance party!  I'm not kidding, folks.

tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 05:13:59 AM »

I can get there.

I don't know if you can smile
andon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:26:07 AM »

I got there before in stress test beta...it's on the back side of Ironforge.

There is a spot in the mountains where you can weasel through and drop in....or at least in beta that is.

Nothing much there cept tanks and gnome coptors.
RPGHero
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 11:49:01 AM »

Quote from: "tiny ogre"
I can get there.

I don't know if you can smile

Aw c'mon Tiny...I spent 2 hours last night working on a path to the little cliffside town.  Everytime it looked close I was handed a setback.
I really want to get there if I can, but I hate to waste my time on something impossible.
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 03:58:33 PM »

Yeah, but you cheat, tiny smile
RPGHero
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 05:43:07 PM »

Quote from: "Aliasbuck"
Yeah, but you cheat, tiny smile

I heard he is still using a speedhack smile
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 06:35:04 PM »

I think it's *probably* impossible now.  There were definitely ways to get there at various stages during the beta, but the collision system was cleaned up a lot, I doubt you can still cheese it.  But I can't say for sure.

Mages used to be able to blink all over the place too, but that's fixed as well.
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 06:56:08 PM »

The troll dance party is near the Moonglade area.  Taking the griffon from Moonglade to Rutheran Village on the Night Elf island flies you right over the rave.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 06:57:08 PM »

I did manage to get up on top of the mountain range on the eastern border of Dun Morogh. Great view- was able to look down into the Valley of the Kings on one side and at the frozen lake and the dwarven passes on the other. Discovered that those dwarven towers that adorn the side of mountains don't have solid roofs and that you fall through them if you try to jump on them.

I'll have to turn my skills to attempting to see if I can reach that airfield slywink

The crashed gnome plane on the side of the mountain above Menethil cracks me up smile I want to see if I can get to that too!

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 07:10:17 PM »

This thread makes me curious, are there places put in the game just to look at, that you'll never be able to access.? I guess you could say they are there for atmosphere?  Or are they just not active quests?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 08:14:25 PM »

Quote from: "Gryndyl"
I'll have to turn my skills to attempting to see if I can reach that airfield slywink

The crashed gnome plane on the side of the mountain above Menethil cracks me up smile I want to see if I can get to that too!

You know, the Hunter has the Eyes of the Eagle spell - 50,000 range (anything within range of sight), and I've been able to see a few neat things with it.

I wonder if I could get a closeup of a few areas with it... biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 10:35:17 PM »

I have a challenge for you Horde Hunters.  Tame a Nightsabre in Teldrassil.  It is possible, as I saw a Horde Char for the first time last night and almost freaked out.  I didn't do anything but watch him and he was taming a nightsabre.  I didn't even know I would be unable to talk to him.  That is kinda cool.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: