http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 03:39:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW - Bored at 60?  (Read 3733 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2005, 06:41:52 PM »

I hit 60 about two weeks ago and now I am bored as hell.  What do you guys do at 60 to have fun?  

I don't really like instances because you have to be there for at least 2 hours without doing anything else.  It seems that is all anyone does at 60, the constant instance runs for better gear.

All I find myself doing is running around killing stuff for cash and the occasional good item.  Why did I hit 60 dammit!?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 06:44:47 PM »

Well,

1.)  You can gank nubs.
2.)  You can keep grinding.
3.)  You can make an alt.
4.)  You can quit.

Yeah, the endgame sucks.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 06:50:47 PM »

The second I started to feel that way I made an alt.  Its more fun the second time around as you really 'know' the game and can just focus on your character. smile (or it is for me)

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 06:55:41 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
The second I started to feel that way I made an alt.  Its more fun the second time around as you really 'know' the game and can just focus on your character. smile (or it is for me)

Or in my case, make an alt on the other side. Best of all, if you have a friend who also owns the game, you can use him to make item transfers between the Alliance and Horde. Nothing like a bit of twinking to make the early game that much easier (and fun). biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 07:24:05 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Or in my case, make an alt on the other side. Best of all, if you have a friend who also owns the game, you can use him to make item transfers between the Alliance and Horde. Nothing like a bit of twinking to make the early game that much easier (and fun). biggrin

Yeah, my alt (52nd warrior now) is a lot of fun thanks to always having decent gear, money for skills, mount at 40th, and all the potions he can drink (my main is a 60th priest who is an alchemist). He completely owns right now with his Kang 2-handed axe (mortal strike build).
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 07:51:51 PM »

Just take a break. Nothing last forever. Better to leave the game wanting more than to leave the game so sick of it, you can't imagine ever playing again.

I applaud Blizzard for making a mmorpg that casual players can max out in. If WOW had been designed for people who play 40+ hours a week, I'd still be questing in STV, instead of enjoying my well earned break, from the game  after hitting 60th.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 08:23:14 PM »

I too am taking a break and playing my warlock and warrior alts when I log on. For some reason I'm still not completely burned out on it yet.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 08:40:40 PM »

I couldn't even hit 60 before I became insanely bored.  I quit at 54.  I like to think I'll come back once battlegrounds are in, so I guess I'm on an extended  break of sorts (2 months now).

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 08:58:57 PM »

Quote from: "Koz"
I too am taking a break and playing my warlock and warrior alts when I log on. For some reason I'm still not completely burned out on it yet.

Let's see... 50 Pally, 48 Hunter, 29 Priest, 19 Shaman. biggrin

Still loving the game.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 09:47:19 PM »

Would'nt know..I like being a perma newbie..I make alts and more alts..my alt has alts..I think I have  14 alts..I get bored and make a new one..wehn I run out of classes/races I find a new game.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
slackerjoe
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2005, 02:18:58 AM »

I am 55 now (Alliance Rogue), but here are the things I'm looking forward to once I hit 60:

1. Going on raids/instances with my guildmates!
   -- My guild has some really fun people in it and I haven't been able to play with them much as they have been 60 for awhile.  Getting better gear and weapons to make the best rogue I can will be fun for awhile.
2. Leveling up my lvl 25 Alliance Priest without worrying about gold!
   -- Mount at 40 with no problem, lots of great potions/food, great gear. Fun, fun, fun.
3. Starting a Horde character someday
4. Eventually battlegrounds and the honor system
   -- When implemented will allow me to go back and play my rogue more too.

I'm not sure what other MMOPRG's have offered as far as "end-game" content, but I played Final Fantasy for a year and never got anywhere close to end game content (lots of characters leveled to 40-50, but after that it leveling was hell). The grinding wore me down before I could get anywhere close the end game. I appreciate that WoW has allowed me to reach the "end" without burning me out along the way!

PS3 screen name: slacker_joe
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 09:33:53 AM »

I've started to slow down at lvl 53 myself. About the only thing that I still really have fun with is PvP. I'll always jump in on a fight if I see one as its allot more fun than fighting a mindless mob. Was kinda bored tonite even after I had just leveled(it was like meh another level), but happened across some alliance attacking the xroads and had a good 30-40mins of PvP fun.

I guess I have some back of my mind desire to get at least one character to max level in a MMO. WoW is the closest I've gotten. Maybe I'll still do it.

Ohh well maybe the honor system and battlegrounds will get put in sometime...
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 10:39:07 AM »

I start out every MMO thinking that this one will be different. That this game wont diminish down to complicated dice rolling session and a glorified treasure hunt. That there is room for growth that extends beyond phat loot and attributes.

Of course im wrong every single time, but that doesnt stop me from honeymooning in the immersion once in awhile. WoW offered a good run, but suffers real bad currently from lack of end game content. PVPing, dungeon raiding (the same goddamn 4 or so) and helping the guild are nice and all, but that doesnt really keep me coming back. Personally I CANT WAIT until a MMOs move away from a D&D method of everything, but maybe there really is no successful method for adventuring frown

That said, guilds will HEAVILY influence your enjoyability in this game, or any other MMO. Ingame friendships will make the difference between day and night when youre (forced) to grind.

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
Skeld
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 01:44:40 PM »

At 60 as a priest, I get tons of invite into raid groups. I think it's my goal to upgrade my equipments to my class set (mmmmmmm spirit heavy devout) and finished the Onyxia key quest. I am not too hot about five manning any instances right now myself since well, it takes way too long.

Once I get my class set then I can respec back to Shadow and basically, kill everybody until BG gets released in 2006.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 04:41:58 PM »

yeah, the end game content is well... not there.

My activities as a 60:

1) farm
2) instance
3) pvp
4) play warrior alt who has totally twinked out gear, including near top of the line armor enchants (sometimes being an enchanter is actually good).
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 05:11:54 PM »

Quote from: "Crowley"
That said, guilds will HEAVILY influence your enjoyability in this game, or any other MMO. Ingame friendships will make the difference between day and night when youre (forced) to grind.

I've had two friends now for some time that have been MMO buddies. Through DAoC, FFXI, CoH, and now WoW, we've been together wandering the many worlds out there. Even though you're out there slaughtering mobs for hours on end, it just doesn't feel like it as you're having fun with people you know.

Secret tip - voice chat helps a ton. The stuff we've been able to pull out because we're always chatting with one another (doing instances as a trio instead of with 5 or more) is simply amazing. biggrin

That, and when you're bored, who knows where the conversation will go.

unbreakable
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2005, 07:40:52 AM »

hmmm, what to do...

1. Upper Blackrock Spire
2. Molten Core
3. The Scholomance
4. hunt down the various level 62 (or higher) dragons located around the world

I guess killing Onyxia is getting old hat to you guys.

And Im not just being a jerk; I just made 59 after two weeks of being 58, because I was wasting time doing tons of other stuff in-game (well, and I didnt play for almost a week after the patch because I didnt feel like playing without Cosmos).
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2005, 03:29:33 PM »

Quote from: "leo"
I don't really like instances because you have to be there for at least 2 hours without doing anything else. It seems that is all anyone does at 60, the constant instance runs for better gear.

So what he's asking for at the moment is 60 content that doesn't involve instances. I'm not 60, but from what I understand, LE's list is actually right, except you might throw even-level PvP in there as well.

The somewhat good news is that it sounds like Battlegrounds will be heading to the test server in the next month or so, so there will be that as well, but it could still be 2-3 months away.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2005, 03:50:41 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
hmmm, what to do...

1. Upper Blackrock Spire
2. Molten Core
3. The Scholomance
4. hunt down the various level 62 (or higher) dragons located around the world

I guess killing Onyxia is getting old hat to you guys.

And Im not just being a jerk; I just made 59 after two weeks of being 58, because I was wasting time doing tons of other stuff in-game (well, and I didnt play for almost a week after the patch because I didnt feel like playing without Cosmos).

after you do each of the listed items a few times for fun, you will only do them for loot (and to help guildies get loot).
Crowley
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2005, 10:43:57 AM »

And of course you can also teach your infant to be a murlock.

There are two things in the world I can't stand: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 04:50:59 PM »

On Cenarius, I have a 60 mage, 60 hunter and 44 rogue and I'm done.  Part of the reason I quit is because of guild politics.  My brother created a pretty successful guild with some people we met in beta.  It took some time, but we eventually got enough good players to do Onyxia and Molten Core regularly.  Our way of distributing loot was by loot committee rather than DKP.

Well, I decided that I didn't want to be involved in guild politics and that hurt my "position" on getting loot.  Anyway, I'm just tired of going through the same stuff over and over to hear people complain about why they didn't get this item or that item.  And waiting for next week to do it again.  No more.

I'm sorry to say there isn't much else to do at 60. frown
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 05:17:50 PM »

Quote from: "namatoki"
On Cenarius, I have a 60 mage, 60 hunter and 44 rogue and I'm done.  Part of the reason I quit is because of guild politics.  My brother created a pretty successful guild with some people we met in beta.  It took some time, but we eventually got enough good players to do Onyxia and Molten Core regularly.  Our way of distributing loot was by loot committee rather than DKP.

Well, I decided that I didn't want to be involved in guild politics and that hurt my "position" on getting loot.  Anyway, I'm just tired of going through the same stuff over and over to hear people complain about why they didn't get this item or that item.  And waiting for next week to do it again.  No more.

I'm sorry to say there isn't much else to do at 60. frown

Welcome to the quitters club.  I had a 60 mage, 60 rogue and 35 warrior before *ahem* "disposing" of my account.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 06:56:40 PM »

60 is boring as hell, no doubt about that.  Still holding on for the time being.
unbreakable
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 11:27:40 PM »

I guess I just have a different view on the game.  I play my priest a lot less now that I attained lvl 60, but I mostly play to finish quests.  So the alts just give me an opportunity to see more of the quests and the storyline.

Lots of people hate questing though, and fixate on grinding.  To each his own.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2005, 03:59:07 PM »

Lots of people hate questing though, and fixate on grinding. To each his own.

SOrry had to chime in here and comment on your statement. Questing in WoW is the fastest way to level up. Especially in the higher levels (50+).

When I ran around with the Pain Train (TM) completing quest we were leveling like mad. Sitting around grinding on mobs is slow compared to a good group that completes quest.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005, 04:09:25 PM »

Quote from: "Sparhawk"
Lots of people hate questing though, and fixate on grinding. To each his own.

SOrry had to chime in here and comment on your statement. Questing in WoW is the fastest way to level up. Especially in the higher levels (50+).

When I ran around with the Pain Train (TM) completing quest we were leveling like mad. Sitting around grinding on mobs is slow compared to a good group that completes quest.

Agreed.  Hell, you can solo most quests up until around levels 50-55.  So you're grinding the mobs on the quests and then turning them in for an additional 2-3k exp (usually worth 10-20 mobs) and silver/items.  I tried both methods of leveling and found questing to be - by far - the quickest and easiest way to level.  Especially if you're familar with the quests in that area and can get 3-6 of them at a time and hit them right in a row.  Heck, may times you can be killing the same mobs and solving 2-3 quests at the same time.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2005, 04:44:37 PM »

Although there are quests you can solo till the highest levels, there do seem to be more elite quests the higher you get.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »

Quote from: "Jumangi"
Although there are quests you can solo till the highest levels, there do seem to be more elite quests the higher you get.

Yep, I remember being all excited when I got my first "elite" quest at around level 15.  By the time I hit 58, almost all my quests were elite and I hated most of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: