http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 08:15:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW: BC Guild/Player/Server Interest  (Read 10767 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2006, 06:31:25 AM »

Quote from: Koz on December 27, 2006, 10:29:52 PM

Quote from: Calvin on December 27, 2006, 04:35:39 AM

Quote from: unbreakable on December 26, 2006, 07:38:36 PM

I have no problem with starting up on another server, so long as it's Horde.  But almost everyone seems to want people to go to their server.
I think that is exactly the problem. A lot of peeps want to play together-no one wants to move. I think I will play alliance on either ED or Whisperwind at this point based on the lack of resolution here. Depward and I may move when BC comes out, but that is all very up in the air.

I should warn you I don't know of anyone who plays Alliance-side on ED, just Horde. I'll happily send you a /wave but that's about it I'm afraid. There are a lot more Alliance folks here on Whisperwind.
Yeah Koz, I misspoke. We will likely play horde on ED given you guys are there, and alliance on whisper.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2006, 01:07:43 PM »

Quote from: Ascendent on December 28, 2006, 05:37:49 PM

I would steer away from more established servers, as the economy is just screwed on Whisperwind. Anyways good luck guys where ever you end up.

How so?  I don't think the economy is screwed on the Horde side.  I am starting to see a bit more Paladin equipment on the AH at insane prices, but other than that nothing abnormal

I did see a BrainHacker on Ah for 120 bo, but with casuals able to get better epics via PVP that didn't seem strange to me at all

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2006, 02:39:28 PM »

Oh damn Soul, you just reminded me about Paladin equipment. Probably a good idea to start looking for some stuff for my Belf before TBC is released.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
unbreakable
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2006, 10:37:33 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on December 28, 2006, 10:13:07 PM

I absolutely love the economy on Bloodscalp.  I've made tons of money without even trying; it's quite insane.

Doh, I actually meant to say Detheroc.  Although Bloodscalp has a pretty decent market, but it isn't as insanely easy to make money on as Detheroc.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 03:01:40 PM »

I rolled up a Human Warrior on Whisperwind: Nidis.

I might transfer my lvl 41 Rogue there, too. The only person I know on Malygos moved all his characters to a new server.

Someone say "Hi!".  icon_lol

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2007, 03:10:35 PM »

'Hi'   
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2007, 03:14:07 PM »

Quote from: drifter on January 02, 2007, 03:10:35 PM

'Hi'   
icon_biggrin

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2007, 03:29:35 PM »

1. Resub or continue playing

Resub but only because I've been in the process of moving since October and will finally be in my new house in January

2. Form a guild.

Already in a top raiding guild

3. If yes to 1 and or 2-then PVP or PVE? NA

4. If yes to 1-3, then Alliance or Horde?

Alliance to start, Shaman like the other million people not creating a BE

5. Finally, what server!! biggrin

Bonechewer (PVP)

Oh, and "Hi" smile
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2007, 03:44:47 PM »

If you are looking for a new server and want to PvP then I would suggest for you to check out twisting nether.  I am in a small guild there as alliance but the server is pretty good.  I have yet to see a que, the horde seems to be pretty well organized; I have seen them in both Ironforge and Stormwind all the way to the throne rooms.

I play as alliance so you would be on your own as horde.

With the new PvP honor system it seems that much of the high end gear has tanked on the market as people are getting the PvP gear instead.

By the way this is an RPPvP server
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:47:30 PM by drifter » Logged
unbreakable
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2007, 04:11:32 PM »

RP?  No thanks.  I will never, ever, ever again play on an RP server.  A little slice of reality I learned the hard way in DAoC.

I love that they make separate RP servers, however.  It's like a quarantine area, which (thankfully) keeps the bulk of those people away from everyone else.

As for the good people who accidentally thought it would be a good idea to roll there... they will eventually realize the same thing.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2007, 04:23:45 PM »

I don't PvP. I'm just terrible at it. It's just too fast for me and my old reflexes.

I was in the Swamp of Sorrows over the weekend and I guess I killed some guards or something and got flagged for PvP. I was fighting a croc or something and suddenly my health was almost gone. Some lvl 44 Undead Rogue got after my ass and I was dead before I could hit 'v' for vanish. It was kinda funny, actually.  icon_biggrin

drifter

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2007, 05:07:51 PM »

You do not have to role play on an RP server.  I play on it because it cuts down on the ass clowns tremendously. 

We tried a PvP server that my friends wife chose as it was listed as new (might have been dalvynger).  Well it was new but had been available as a realm transfer server so there was a bunch of high levels.  The main chat channel was so bad had that guys wife been on at that time I would have been embarrassed for her; had a been a GM I would have banned about 40% of players.  Played about 30 minutes and deleted the character. 
unbreakable
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »

I've just been on the "RP rules used against you as a weapon" end of that, because some guy felt I didn't thank somebody "RP" enough.  I pretty much told him mind his own business, since he was butting in on a conversation between me and another person.  So he goes and whines to a DM, and they end up screwing with my characters, changing their names at random and for no reason, etc.

I was also pretty tired of all the "RP police" idiots there.

As for the other servers, you can always turn off channels pretty easy (never LEAVE those channels, however, since it starts messing up your channel numbering.  Just turn the display off), so random stupidity never bothered me.  If people want to talk about Chuck Norris, let them.  At least 350lb losers aren't going to try telling me what to do or how I should be talking.

There have also been situations with people in WoW acting like morons, and of course when I asked them if they were RP, they said yes (this was before RP-PVP).

But hey, if it works out for you, I'm glad to hear it.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2007, 03:17:16 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 02, 2007, 04:11:32 PM

RP?  No thanks.  I will never, ever, ever again play on an RP server.  A little slice of reality I learned the hard way in DAoC.

I love that they make separate RP servers, however.  It's like a quarantine area, which (thankfully) keeps the bulk of those people away from everyone else.

As for the good people who accidentally thought it would be a good idea to roll there... they will eventually realize the same thing.

I play on a RP-PvP server. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen RP actually occur. It just doesn't happen. Perhaps it does on the PvE servers, but most of the folks on RP-PvP servers rolled there to avoid the 12 year-old bunny hoppers as much as possible.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2007, 02:38:25 PM »

Whisperwind is one hella busy server.  :icon_eek:

Got Nidis to 9.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »

I have depward on whisperwind (a coolio gnome mage) up to level 10!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2007, 06:59:23 PM »

Quote from: depward on January 03, 2007, 04:32:13 PM

I am on WW right now as well.
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »

Quote from: Koz on January 03, 2007, 03:17:16 AM

Quote from: unbreakable on January 02, 2007, 04:11:32 PM

I play on a RP-PvP server. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen RP actually occur. It just doesn't happen. Perhaps it does on the PvE servers, but most of the folks on RP-PvP servers rolled there to avoid the 12 year-old bunny hoppers as much as possible.

I'm on Earthen Ring, RP-PvE, and there's very little RP going on. I suspect the PvP servers might have much better role-playing scenarios, but mostly its a lot of DPS-phallus measuring. I'm mostly just in it for the social-aspect and low-bie assistance, tho I'd really love to form a guild called Name Police and ban every dork with the ASCII characters and Gank* in it.

But I'm not bitter.   retard

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
warning

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2007, 07:51:33 PM »

Man you guys are making me want to resub.  I still have my 42 Hunter on Whisperwind.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »

Quote from: warning on January 03, 2007, 07:51:33 PM

Man you guys are making me want to resub.  I still have my 42 Hunter on Whisperwind.
Do it.  Do it.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2007, 08:35:29 PM »

Yes, do it.

Your hunter is (allegedly) wildly over-powered now and with the rest xp you've built up you should be able to get to 60 in a day or so.  icon_biggrin

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2007, 09:15:36 PM »

ok, i have alot of interest in starting up.  i played only a couple days at launch and never much after that.  i'd like to restart with either some other newbies or some folks who don't mind playing with some lower level guys.  i also can only commit to a couple nights a week so i'll be leveling slowly, but would only play with help and some groups.  i know this is solo friendly but i refuse to play a mmorpg and solo.

so if that fits into anyone's ideas then let me know.  i'm up for a guild as ling as it fits my needs and can be casual.  i wanna see what the hype is about with this game, but i don't want to do it by myself. 

anyone?

Jag

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2007, 09:37:02 PM »

The rest xp caps at around 2 levels, so that's the max you'll have. If you do resub and need some cash/help. Put Gaj in your friends list (the old one was wiped) and send me a tell. I'm not doing much lately except some farming/pvp so i dont mind giving a hand.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »

Quote from: Jag on January 03, 2007, 09:37:02 PM

The rest xp caps at around 2 levels, so that's the max you'll have.
I didn't know that...makes sense, though.

Holler at me anytime, Xmann. I usually just do quests and haven't done much grouping, pvp or instances. Solo play is fine as long as there's someone in guild chat to shoot the shit with while you're killin' stuff.  icon_lol

Not sure what a broke, lvl 9 Human Warrior can be of help with, but Nidis is at your service.

unbreakable
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2007, 10:40:10 PM »

LOL, I had a mule character I started leveling.  At the time, I expected to have like 59 levels of rest time  icon_biggrin
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2007, 11:15:23 PM »

well i haven't resubed yet, just seeing the interest that fits my playing

unbreakable
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »

WoW is now offering free server moves.  Not from any server I'm on, unfortunately, but maybe it will help the decision making in some small way.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2007, 11:21:19 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on January 03, 2007, 06:59:23 PM

What's yer name foo?

Get yer sorry asses to 15+ before TBC and i'll AoE you through some of the low end instances. Once TBC comes out, i'm all about Outlands, but i can still send gear and money your way. I'm saving up my 6000g for the epic flying mount at 70, so a little gold wont put a dent in me  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:24:10 PM by Jag » Logged
monkyskunk
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2007, 02:17:07 AM »

Quote from: Jag on January 04, 2007, 11:21:19 PM

What's yer name foo?

Get yer sorry asses to 15+ before TBC and i'll AoE you through some of the low end instances. Once TBC comes out, i'm all about Outlands, but i can still send gear and money your way. I'm saving up my 6000g for the epic flying mount at 70, so a little gold wont put a dent in me  icon_biggrin

WOW, 6000 gold! For someone like myself that's a grip of gold, since I have only like a little over 1000 amongst all my characters. How did you come about such an amount?   
unbreakable
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2007, 03:20:43 AM »

Umm... OMG... I hope he didn't just say the flying mount is going to cost 6000g  eek  retard  crybaby

And here I thought I was doing good with 1500g or so.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2007, 03:27:22 AM »

Quote from: Jag on January 04, 2007, 11:21:19 PM

What's yer name foo?

I am still playing Rincewind and Nobby a bit, but I haven't created whatever is going to be my main alt yet-I will msg you in game as soon as I do.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2007, 03:12:56 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on January 05, 2007, 03:20:43 AM

Umm... OMG... I hope he didn't just say the flying mount is going to cost 6000g  eek  retard  crybaby

And here I thought I was doing good with 1500g or so.

Epic flying mount. Not sure exact prices, but essentially regular flying mount is 1000g and epic is another 5000g. You need the regular flying skill first.

I only have around 1000g too, i figure i'll get around 1000g leveling to 70, haven't figured out where i'm getting the other 3000g  Roll Eyes
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2007, 03:36:45 PM »

From beta tester reports gold is much easier to come by in TBC, but I'm sure an epic flying mount is still going to require grinding for gold (or playing the AH very well).

I have to say that, despite the queues, I'm really enjoying WW. I'm amazed that two servers (Malygos and WW) could be so different.

Got past 1g last night and promptly spent most of it on some greens. Dead-tooth Jack will feel my wrath tonight.  icon_biggrin

I'm not sure about the warrior long term and I may transfer my 41 Rogue over (although I may do that anyway).

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »

and here they opened up 6 new servers (And 4 for free char transfer)
and I was thinking it might be time to fire up a nice pve server and hammer out 60 quick levels on a hunter or something

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
unbreakable
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2007, 07:10:10 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on January 05, 2007, 05:16:02 PM

and here they opened up 6 new servers (And 4 for free char transfer)
and I was thinking it might be time to fire up a nice pve server and hammer out 60 quick levels on a hunter or something

Yeah, I 'm waiting and hoping everyone would agree just on one specific new server.

I can't do another Alliance, however.  I have obligations on Alliance, high level characters on two different servers, etc.  I have no obligations with Horde, and for me it's looking at a new side of the game I haven't spent a whole lot of time in.  Plus, I really really want to start up a Blood Elf Warlock.  But as it stands at the moment, if I play Horde, I'm playing alone.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 07:12:15 PM by unbreakable » Logged
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »

Me and a friend fired up horde-side chars on Nazgrul (PVE, brand new) to mess around on....

I would be Corruption and he would be Dangerous (those are our names, I swear)...  Were 10 and he's a hunter and I am a rogue, mainly because I figure we should play chars we dont normally play for fun.

I will probably be running around today but on enough if you want to fire a char up, I can at the very least toss you nice pretty greens I dont need as I get them... 

I plan on being mid 20 before the weekend is out muhuhahahahahahh

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
unbreakable
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2007, 05:56:17 PM »

Ok cool, I'll check it out.  Today isn't good, though, I'm going over to a friends house, he wants to show me Gears of War.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2007, 06:20:19 PM »

blast that gears of war.... sssoooo goooooood
*goes n plays*
*cough*

wow?  whazzat?  smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2007, 08:34:41 PM »

Ok me and Depward and possibly TML are playing alliance alts on Whisperwind and starting up Horde alts once BC hits on Emerald Dream.I probably will only be spotty with my activity until BC hits, and then I intend to get into it.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2007, 03:16:30 PM »

I'm considering resubbing as well, but I'd like to play on a server where there are some peeps to play with.  I'm a very casual WoW player, and have little intention of being a hardcore raider, etc.  If you guys decide where you are going to form said guild, I will likely resub and join.  I will probably have to reroll a new char.

"Goonies never say die"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: