http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 09:38:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW: BC Guild/Player/Server Interest  (Read 10718 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2006, 04:44:45 AM »

Ok I am doing this for depward, who apparently needs me to make this thread rather than doing it himself. Depward is being fussy about starting over from his trial character in WoW-but I keep telling him it might be best to wait for the expansion or at least to see where and who will be playing. So I wanted to ask the GT and Bovine crowd-when the expansion comes out, do you intend to, in any order:

1. Resub or continue playing
2. Form a guild.
3. If yes to 1 and or 2-then PVP or PVE?
4. If yes to 1-3, then Alliance or Horde?
5. Finally, what server!! biggrin

I am torn between my desire to try out the horde questline as a Blood Elf (knowing everyone will do the same thing), or stay with the alliance and perhaps try a Dranei shaman (Which everyone else will also do) or just create another gnome. I vastly prefer the alliance and their quests, but I want to play with Depward, possibly TML, and hopefully a larger group of people. So before Depward makes a guy, gets attached, levels him up to the point where he refuses to start over, help us figure out where and what to play!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:35:22 AM »

Continue Playing
2. Form a guild.
  Will still have my current alliance guild, but could be convinced to try Horde, in which case I'm open.
  PVE - PVP annoys me to no end.
  Alliance most likely.
  Current guild is on Gilneas.

gellar
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 06:59:17 AM »

I have horde characters on Bloodscalp, but little reason to play there anymore (all my friends went back to Alliance).

If you guys want to roll horde on Bloodscalp, I can hook people up with some starter funds.  If I recall, the market there was pretty good, too, so it shouldn't be too hard to make money.

I can also help out.  I don't have 60s, but I think I have some 30/40s.  I've wanted to start up a Warlock, but was waiting for BC to come out so I can roll Blood Elf.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:55:03 AM »

Well I want to be clear-I think I would prefer to play alliance, and I would certainly prefer to play somewhere where there would be a congregation of GT/BC type people. My main objective is to get a list of youse guys so we can convince depward of where to join us smile
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 08:21:58 AM »

Well, my standing offer of helping people out on Detheroc still applies.  A bunch of my friends are coming back once BC is released.  Also, I'm hella rich on Detheroc.

I guess that, technically, I'll be coming back too.  I still have my account (and am paying), but haven't played for a long time.  I've been far too in love with my Nintendo DS!
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 09:49:18 AM »

I would go whereever you guys go.  Just let me know and I will migrate.

depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 04:55:49 PM »

I'm kinda wanting to really play on a PvP server.  I just think it'll be nice for something to do other than grind grind grind or whatnot.

I have a dude on Ner'Zul (or something) that's rocking out on the Troll side of things.  But I suppose I can make a character wherever.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 04:58:15 PM »

I'm going to continue playing Alliance on Whisperwind. I'm already in a high end guild with good friends that i've made, so i'll be staying there. I'm really looking forward to BC. I still play every night, but we've stopped raiding and i'm mostly just getting myself prepared for BC and doing some PvP for fun. If i had to start over, I would roll Horde. Alliance just outnumbers Horde and for PvP, it would just be so much easier.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 06:52:27 PM »

I may re-sub when BC comes out, but last time I re-subbed I ended up only playing 2 days out of the month I paid for. paranoid

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 06:56:07 PM »

I will continue playing for the Horde on the Dalvengyr server.  Server is low enough population that you can get stuff done in the world without being ganked, and high enough that you can find action when you want to.  Since battlegrounds are now cross-server there's no issues finding a battle in there either.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2006, 11:12:55 PM »

I'm already (still!) playing, so:

1. Resub or continue playing - Yes.
2. Form a guild - No, been there, done that.
3. If yes to 1 and or 2-then PVP or PVE? - Both
4. If yes to 1-3, then Alliance or Horde? - Horde
5. Finally, what server!! biggrin - My active toon is on Kel'Thuzad (PvP), with a bunch of inactives (including 2 60s) on Uldum.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 04:55:05 AM »

- course I shall be, muhuhahahaha
 - Form a guild?  meh... I dunno.. I formed a few dozen guilds in my day, lol
 - PvP vs PVE - I got 1 non-pvp char... after being ganked from 30-60 a few times now.. a pve server would be a nice change of pace.
 - Alliance or horde - I care naught... I can do either, I am flexible
 - what server? I got toons on a metric ton of servers, I am not picky.  If we choose pvp and horde then my vote is for Dark Iron since I am well established there

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 07:28:18 PM »

Continue Playing.

2. Form a guild.

Yes

PVE

Horde

Gilneas
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 07:37:50 PM »

I might play this. 

I like the looks of both new races. 

I want one of those cool blue floaty snake-animal things.

Umm... that's all I know.   :icon_confused:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 08:32:09 PM »

I'll be playing the expansion, but I'm going to be sticking to my current guild/server for now. I'm Horde on Emerald Dream (RP-PvP) with a bunch of OOers (and presumably GTers). I'll probably start up a BE mage first and wait till the traffic dies down before leveling my 60 druid to 70.

ED is a great server if you like PvP. We've traditionally had a medium population, though we've had queues since the 2.0 patch (as have most servers from what I hear).
unbreakable
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 06:28:13 PM »

Since everyone wants to remain on a server they are established on, the only way to be fair is to be unfair to everyone.

I propose we all pick one of the newest servers, where nobody has a character.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 10:51:42 PM »

fair enough unbreakable

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 11:21:16 PM »

The problem is that now that Depward and TML and I have so many choices, we are finding it difficult to make a decision!
unbreakable
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 07:00:16 AM »

Well, let's just narrow things down and see what the majority prefers.

Do people want PvP or PvE?
Horde or Alliance?

My personal vote is PvP Horde.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 07:14:27 AM »

I think we are settlign on PVE and horde...

Mainly because pvp _sucks_ for leveling unless you are on the high end of the curve.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 03:45:46 PM »

If you guys play Horde I'll probably join in when BC comes out.  I've always wanted to stare at some hot female elven ass try playing an Elf but wasn't really impressed by the Night Elves starting area.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 05:36:54 PM »

I'll join up on a new horde guild, but can't promise much dedicated playing time to it.

gellar
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 01:15:42 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on December 23, 2006, 07:14:27 AM

Mainly because pvp _sucks_ for leveling unless you are on the high end of the curve.

Never had a problem leveling up on a PvP server. Didn't feel any different than 1-60 on a PvE server.

Koz, when do you play these days?

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
unbreakable
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 06:05:42 PM »

Yeah, I never had any problem leveling on a PvP server either.

And now that they put more guards into neutral towns (and guards with guns, no less), there aren't battles in the streets anymore.  You don't want to attack someone in a neutral town... even if you are 60.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 10:54:59 PM »

Quote from: Sparhawk on December 24, 2006, 01:15:42 PM

Quote from: Semaj on December 23, 2006, 07:14:27 AM

Never had a problem leveling up on a PvP server. Didn't feel any different than 1-60 on a PvE server.

Koz, when do you play these days?

When? In the evenings, EST... usually later in the week but I'm pretty random.
unbreakable
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2006, 06:16:07 AM »

So what's the deal?  I keep checking the thread so I can start up a new character, but there aren't even suggestions for a server.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2006, 05:05:58 PM »

I now have 9 characters on Dalvengyr.  Got Carried away now that I got my sister, niece and nephew all playing.  8 of them between 11-16 then my 49.   retard
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2006, 04:30:41 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on December 25, 2006, 05:05:58 PM

I now have 9 characters on Dalvengyr.  Got Carried away now that I got my sister, niece and nephew all playing.  8 of them between 11-16 then my 49.   retard

Wow...not normal.

UB, I don't know about servers-I have a feeling its going to be very hard to get people to actually commit to switching servers, but Emerald Dream, Whisperwind, and Gilneas are all personal choices.
unbreakable
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2006, 07:38:36 PM »

Ah well.  If everyone wants to stay on their own server, we will never really get together then.

I have no problem with starting up on another server, so long as it's Horde.  But almost everyone seems to want people to go to their server.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2006, 04:35:39 AM »

Quote from: unbreakable on December 26, 2006, 07:38:36 PM

I have no problem with starting up on another server, so long as it's Horde.  But almost everyone seems to want people to go to their server.
I think that is exactly the problem. A lot of peeps want to play together-no one wants to move. I think I will play alliance on either ED or Whisperwind at this point based on the lack of resolution here. Depward and I may move when BC comes out, but that is all very up in the air.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 02:04:12 PM »

I am getting the game and I'm still subscribed.  Planning on rolling a BE paladin (I have a 35 dwarf pally), but my main focus will be getting my Shammy , Druid and Warlock to 70.

Btw, I'm on Whisperwind in the Wanderers guild.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 03:03:13 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 27, 2006, 02:04:12 PM

I am getting the game and I'm still subscribed.  Planning on rolling a BE paladin (I have a 35 dwarf pally), but my main focus will be getting my Shammy , Druid and Warlock to 70.

These guys still around? I thought they became Villain?
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2006, 05:13:42 PM »

Wanderers are back.  Yes.  Looks like its mostly the OLD members who came back.  Though I dont really know.  I was sorely disappointed when I talked with some of them and mentioned that Wanderers was really a connection to OO/GT/GG and they said no.  So, oh well.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2006, 05:52:13 PM »

I personally wouldn't mind moving servers as long as it was to a horde pvp.  I'd just pay to move my characters.  However since my sis and her kids started playing with me they don't want to start over and we can't afford to move everyone.  That's my reluctance to move.  Can't afford to move 14+ characters at this time. smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »

oh, and regarding the Wanderers in Wow.  Most of the active Wanderers that play WoW know nothing about GG or any of the history of the Wanderers.  It's really like there are two separate guilds in my eyes.  There's the Wanderers in every game other than WoW (who are mostly people from GG/OO/GT/QT3) then there are the WoW playing Wanderers (which includes some of the first group of Wanderers, but is mostly people who were mass recruited at the start of us playing WoW).  That mass recruiting caused a lot of problems, including the fracture into two semi-separate mindsets.

/end mini-historical rant
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2006, 07:33:59 PM »

Quote from: Jag on December 27, 2006, 03:03:13 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 27, 2006, 02:04:12 PM

These guys still around? I thought they became Villain?

Yep, still there.  There was a split, but it was amicable.

Heck, we've been running pre-made AVs a few times smile

NiM$
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2006, 07:37:40 PM »

Quote from: GGMark on December 27, 2006, 05:13:42 PM

Wanderers are back.  Yes.  Looks like its mostly the OLD members who came back.  Though I dont really know.  I was sorely disappointed when I talked with some of them and mentioned that Wanderers was really a connection to OO/GT/GG and they said no.  So, oh well.

Actually, it depends on who you talk in-game. We do have a ton of new people that know nothing of GG/OO/GT/BC.  We still had to recruit a tone. With TBC on the verge of coming out alot of people are taking a break to recharge thier battieries.  Myself, I'm pvping every night I can  icon_twisted

NiM$
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2006, 10:29:52 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 27, 2006, 04:35:39 AM

Quote from: unbreakable on December 26, 2006, 07:38:36 PM

I think that is exactly the problem. A lot of peeps want to play together-no one wants to move. I think I will play alliance on either ED or Whisperwind at this point based on the lack of resolution here. Depward and I may move when BC comes out, but that is all very up in the air.

I should warn you I don't know of anyone who plays Alliance-side on ED, just Horde. I'll happily send you a /wave but that's about it I'm afraid. There are a lot more Alliance folks here on Whisperwind.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2006, 05:37:49 PM »

I would steer away from more established servers, as the economy is just screwed on Whisperwind. Anyways good luck guys where ever you end up.
unbreakable
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2006, 10:13:07 PM »

I absolutely love the economy on Bloodscalp.  I've made tons of money without even trying; it's quite insane.

It's also a nice difference from Sargeras, where it was nigh impossible to make money on anything except grinding.  Everyone expected people with 300 in crafting to just give their services away for free... mainly because lots of people with 300 WERE giving their services away for free.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: