http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 11:09:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW and thier idiot quest programmer  (Read 3241 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2004, 06:31:40 PM »

I dont know who made the quests in WoW but they really dropped the ball after certain lvls. I now have 4 or 5 characters stuck because either they run out of quests completely or the ones they have are too tough for thier lvls.

One character has cleaned out Kohranas and Ironforge and cant find any quests at all..the others I have have quests that are orange to them and some filled with ELITES.

Ive asked for groups but no one replies...sometimes theres only 10 players or less in a zone. It seems that you can only solo up until your teen lvls in WoW.

Very pissed off about the way quests are handled.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
blindgeek
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 06:41:19 PM »

You need to explore more.  There are plenty of solo-able quests for all levels.  It really is possible to solo all the way to lvl 60 for all classes which is an amazing accomplishment.  There are usually a few areas that provide quests for a certain level range.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 06:59:01 PM »

There's more quests in Dun Morogh to the east of Ironforge, around levels 8-10. And then you hit Loch Modan/Westfall.

I actually think humans/dwarves/gnomes have it easy since they can switch back and forth between each other's zones when they run out of quests.
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 06:59:27 PM »

You cleared out Brewnall Village, Steelgrill's, Kharnos, Ironforge for your level? And what level are you atm? Have you been to Loch Modan?

This used to be a problem with undead (you'd barely get to 10 and then be sent to Silverpine where you'd have trouble soloing) but additional quests fixed that pretty quick and now you can comfortable hit 12-14 in 1-10 zone (Brill/Tirisfal) and then head over to the 10-20 zone (Sepulcher/Silverpine) and get a lot of yellows.

I thought the dwarf lands levelled you up a good deal (you leave the starter area  to Kharanos around 4-6, then level up a fair bit with random quests in the area) but I haven't played one very far.   If you feel you need more yellow quests and have cleared them out so fast, take the Deeprun Tram to Stormwind and head west to Goldshire for some quests in the area that are easily solable and will level you up.  If you're above 12, I'd say you're about ready to start on Loch Modan but you could level up some more in the Dwarf lands.

You really can solo a good deal in WoW, even at the higher levels (though I'm only around 34 now. But I've seen soloable quests all the way up to this point)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 06:59:29 PM »

While there are a lot of Elite quests as you move up, there are plenty of solo quests to keep me going.  I'm at level 32 now and I solo 90% of the time.  I'm playing Horde though, so maybe it's different.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 07:06:13 PM »

Loch Modan is filled with quests for levels 10-20.  It's my favorite location so far and I may always call it home smile

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 07:09:59 PM »

Quote from: "blindgeek"
You need to explore more.  There are plenty of solo-able quests for all levels.  It really is possible to solo all the way to lvl 60 for all classes which is an amazing accomplishment.  There are usually a few areas that provide quests for a certain level range.

I am not 100% convinced any more that you can level all the way to 60th on quest now.

This is due to Blizzard nerfing experience gained off mobs over 30th level that are outside (i.e. all-noninstanced creatures). They said they upped the experience given from dungeon mobs to compensate, which is fine and dandy, except that it really hurts soloable quests, especially since the vast majority of quests are non-instance.

I 33rd level now and I can tell a big difference from how it was in beta before they made that experience point change. Its possible that you can no longer solo to 60th doing quests. It seems that is the case at my current level anyways. Its a real dissappointment as that fact was a huge selling point for me (i.e. no grinding).

Back on topic though,

Doing all the quest in the Dun Morogh area should get you to level 9-10. Several quests that you should have picked up lead you to the Loch Modan area. You should pick up several there immediately (killing troggs). They, if i recall, are in the 10-12th level range. There are others in the town there and also some to the east at the hunting lodge.

I did hit a little road block there after gaining a few levels and decided to head down to human lands. Wherever you are at, there are lots of quests you can pick up for your current level range. These will lead you to Westfall which is good starting at around 12-13th. Lots of quests there, some fun. Some also lead you to the first instance. If you get bored there after a bit you can go back to Loch Modan and knock out some of those quests that you were too young for.

Basically, all 3 starting areas have quests to take you from 1 to around 20th. If you run short in one of the areas, head to one of the others.

If all else fails, go to www.thottbot.com, go to quests, select alliance or horde, input the level range of quests you want and see what it brings back. You don't have to read the spoilers, just look at where they are mainly centralized then travel there.
The Chauffeur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2004, 07:17:22 PM »

I've also started going from one starting area of the race you play into another race starting area.

An example is when I took my Night Elf from Darkshore on into the Human starting area of Stormwind, then after finishing out those quests. I had a decent amount of silver and gained a couple of levels.  

I also then chugged over into the Dwarven lands and did a bunch of those quests.  Not the quickest way but it works.
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 07:40:26 PM »

I hit a roadblock in Loch Modan, but found a whole horde ( Tongue ) of quests in Westfall.

I find this map very helpful for finding areas suited to my level range.  If you find you're running out of quests in a given area, you might try another area that's intended for the same level range.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 07:45:21 PM »

You cleared out Brewnall Village, Steelgrill's, Kharnos, Ironforge for your level? And what level are you atm? Have you been to Loch Modan?

My paly is lvl 11 and Ive done all those. Usually Id get a quest that would take me to a new area but not this time. Guess ill have to walk and go see myself.

As for it sending me to Westfall. Im sick to hell of Westfall. I lvl'd 2 humans there already. I am playing in dwarf lands now because I hate Westfall so much. Is it not possible to stay within one race's lands to lvl and not travel toothers?

Thats one of my problems with the game..I get tired of one race's area and make a race from a new area to play that land..I dont want to have to do the same quests in the same area over and over and over.

Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 07:51:40 PM »

I think you've probably missed some quests somewhere, or haven't found a lot of the Loch Modan quests.  I leveled my dwarf up to 14 exclusively in the Dwarf lands and, as usual, had an abundance of quests to do.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 07:54:27 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"

My paly is lvl 11 and Ive done all those. Usually Id get a quest that would take me to a new area but not this time. Guess ill have to walk and go see myself.

There is one quest in Dun Morogh (Kharnos/Brewnall) and another in Ironforge that lead to you Loch Modan (and one from Stormwind as well). I am really suprised that you did not get the first one at least.

But anyways, travel to Loch Modan, you are ready for that area at your level.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 07:59:06 PM »

You can grind easy on Grizzly Ridge, there are some level 15 boars though so be careful.

Also, make sure you checkout this thread:

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3687

So you know where not to wonder near Loch Modan.  The run through the wetlands is pretty tough.  I imagine it would be even more difficult without being able to see beats on your mini-map.  Good luck, and if you're on Whisperwind and need help getting there I could meet you. (Eco)

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Zoyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 08:33:22 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"

Thats one of my problems with the game..I get tired of one race's area and make a race from a new area to play that land..I dont want to have to do the same quests in the same area over and over and over.

If you want to level exclusively on quests (which I think is the most fun usually), you're going to need to do some travelling eventually. At your level you can find plenty of quests in Darkshore if you don't like Westfall, it's a little harder to get there but very doable.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 09:10:09 PM »

You can head over to the other continent.  My Night Elf was running into the quest / level disparity so I followed a quest from the Ashendale over to Stormwind and picked up 2-3 levels along the way because I kept finding too many quests I just couldn't pass up.   By the time I got back I was sufficiently pumped up to start working through my old quest backlog.

Read one of your replies and no I doubt it is possible to completely raise your character up by quests in a race specific area.  Seems like the race specific areas are just for up to about 20 and then the game starts pushing you into the rest of the world.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 10:47:42 PM »

he did miss quests, there are quests that ask you to go to Loch modan for a delivery from the human lands.  Its pretty easy to fidn somewhere to go and some thing to do in WoW.  You must not be looking very hard if you cant find any quests.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 01:39:15 AM »

I've played pretty much exclusively Horde in the stress tests and open beta, and have a shaman at 32, with a roomie and a friend of mine being 32 and 33 themselves; we've never once lacked for quests, and most of the time I've had my quest log at least 3/4 full, and all I do is work on quests (can't stand grinding for too long).  A lot of the reason is perhaps that I go from one area to another, and travel back and forth trying to knock off my lowest-level quests before I outlevel them; it's good exp, easy, fast, and I've still generally had to abandon a quest or two every couple of levels because it's just not worth doing anymore (grayed out).

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 06:32:57 AM »

Well i searched the Dwarf area from Korahnos to the swamp and there were no quests..i went to westfall and now am in Lakeshire...this is my third time through with this route but seems to be no other way...no biggie...paly is about lvl 16 or so now..hunter is 19...rogue 21...mage 18 and the rest on lower.

Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 10:31:49 AM »

Loch Modan has level upper teen quests, Wetlands has lower 20s up to 30s.

There's plenty of stuff out there outside of Westfall and Red Ridge Mountains.

If I added a sig, would you read it?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 04:52:57 PM »

My Alliance holding pattern for solo questing is:

-Elwynn Forest til ~10
-Westfall til ~15 (when I run out of non-groupable quests)
-Loch Modan til ~20 (when quests tell me to move on)
-Deadmines Instance at 20+

That is the "path of least resistance" to get to 20 solo.  Past then I'm not so sure.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 08:33:40 PM »

just did the deadmines instance/van cleef last night and man was it fun.  i couldn't believe the number of cool drops my group and i were getting.  plus, we all dinged (went in as 19s, came out at almost 21s).  in case anyone's interested, my group consisted of a paladin, priest, rogue and hunter and we were able to handle ourselves with very few problems (although Mr. Smite came close to wiping us all).  we are all very tempted to do it again!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2004, 09:58:11 PM »

yeah Mr Smite is a lot tougher than Vancleef himself.

Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2004, 12:46:31 AM »

I made it to level 36 nearly only from quests. The only time i ever killed something not related to a quest (oh and i count killing things on the way to a quest as related to a quest) was when i was farming some type of item (mostly leather/hides for leatherworking or more recently, fadeleaf for my blinding powder).

You really need to travel around. At level 10, as a night elf rogue, i came to stormwind to level because i liked it better than than the night elf lands, but later on (maybe mid 20s) i came back to quest in areas like darkshore. Now, i find myself in desolace (kalimdor) doing some nice high level quests in preperation for a guild trip to the scarlet monestary to do the very rewarding "in the name of the light" quest.

With that said, i do group up with guild members pretty often (probably not the majority of the time though) to do elite quests and even to do really long kill quests (damn you kill 30 undead ravagers quest! :evil: ). I find that grouping in instances is very fun as long as the group isn't REALLY bad (which it isn't if i am in a guild group). plus, in a group i really shine as i can chain backstab for insane damage biggrin

My advise is to join a guild. They will help by telling you where the good quests are for your level and by helping you with those cool instance quests which are extremely hard to solo and very annoying at times to do in a pickup group (because the groups often stink and because it seems i am the only one who follows the real need before greed principle, not the stupid need-before-greed loot mode which is really "warriors/paladins greed before your need mode").
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2004, 01:22:54 AM »

Im in a guild..sort of...its just 7 or 8 of us friends..we've been in the same group since UO so its natural that we made our own guild in WoW also...we dontreally group anymore and it beingonly 10 of us tops its kinda hard to get the group together between our differing lvls biggrin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: