http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 07:02:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW and Religion, from the front page  (Read 1247 times)
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2005, 09:10:36 PM »

This is from the news section:

WoW and Religion
This article has to be one of the most unusual I've encountered on the net of late. Apparently, several World of Warcraft users preach the Word in the land of Azeroth.
Billy Houston, a Landover Baptist Senior High youth, has been sharing Jesus in the virtual gaming world for over three years. "I evangelized in Lineage 2, Everquest, Diablo, and a bunch of other games," he says, "but I haven't seen nearly as many people who are as open to hearing the Gospel message as I have inside the World of Warcraft." Billy has what gamers call, a Level 57 Undead Priest with Holy Focus.
Enjoy!

Supposedly this article is a hoax from a satirical site.  Caydiem has said:

This has been posted a dozen times; it's a joke site and inappropriate. Please don't post it.
Jack Burton
Gaming Trend Reader

I am NOT Simon Cowell!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 10:41:51 PM »

Ahhh now everything makes sense....  I'm not sure why its inappropriate but I sure found the thing entertaining.  Someone coulda told me it was a joke!  smile  I was wondering why my other (harmless) post got deleted (besides the fact that it prolly shoulda been in off topic.)  

Wait-a-minute...  Theres a no politics or religion rule here isnt there...  doh.

whoops.

biggrin

Nice Job Mitch, You're going to get me in trouble!  slywink

What the...?
PJ Lorenz
AgtFox
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 10:52:37 PM »

Quote from: "Jack Burton"
Wait-a-minute...  Theres a no politics or religion rule here isnt there...  doh.

As far as I know they are allowed, it's just that rarely anyone does them.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 11:29:33 PM »

There WERE people evanglizing in EQ.    Well.. maybe only one.   But I saw it with my own eyes.  But yeah, the "Landover Baptist" stuff is a joke.   It gets people all the time though.   They have a whole web-site.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 11:50:52 PM »

Quote from: "Jack Burton"
Ahhh now everything makes sense....  I'm not sure why its inappropriate but I sure found the thing entertaining.  Someone coulda told me it was a joke!  smile  I was wondering why my other (harmless) post got deleted (besides the fact that it prolly shoulda been in off topic.)
You should have seen the response of one forum user when I posted "The Top 10 Things to do with a Gamecube."  However, I was glad to see that this post was taken off, especially since it wasn't a valid story.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 03:08:32 PM »

People get touchy.

Oh, and Hi Jack. Nice to see you're still alive.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2005, 05:15:10 PM »

I love the fact that there are still people that take Landover Baptist seriously  biggrin  They do a great job of using verbatim biblical text to base their wackiness on smile

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: