http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 08:33:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WoW Addons  (Read 2459 times)
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:32:24 PM »

So I'm playing a dwarf hunter from level one, having sold everything and sent the money to him before deleting my other characters.

I went and chose some addons, and wonder what else people like using?

I've got CTMod, AuctionIt, DumbPet, ICU, QuestHistory and QuickLoot Improved.  I can't find a replacement for LootLink, though.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:36:41 PM »

CTMod and lootlink thats it for me.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 07:39:54 PM »

Where'd you find a working Lootlink?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 08:34:02 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Where'd you find a working Lootlink?

http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=130

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 09:06:52 PM »

I use Atlas and Auctioneer.  I've made several gold just using Auctioneer to scout prices that are WAY under market value, buying those items, and then re-listing.  I'm at 77 gold right now at level 27.  Not too shabby off cookies and mis-listings. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 11:56:22 PM »

Grabbed from the other thread:

Mods... I have no clue if any of these addons still work or anything, but here was what I ran:

AF_Tooltip, Ammolert (Hunter mod), Atlas, AuctionSort, BankItems, bc_AspectMenu/bc_TrackingMenu (both Hunter mods), Beastmaster (again), BuffTimers, CastTime, CharactersViewer, CT_RaidAssist, DamageWatchW, Decursive (was on Blizzard's 'to be disabled if we could do so without breaking the game' list), DiscordActionBars (excellent, excellent mod for all of your actionbar needs), EnhancedFlightMap, FishingBuddy, Gatherer (for all your gathering needs), GFW_HuntersHelper, goodinspect (now nerfed at last check), ItemRack, LootLink, MiniGroup (excellent party mod), MobHealth, MoveAnything, QuestLevels, QuickLoot, QuuSpellAlert, sct, SmartPet, Titan (along with AggroAlert, AmmoPlus, EmoteMenu, Factions, Friends, Guild, ItemBonuses, ModMenu, Stats, and Volume2), TotemTimers (for a Shaman alt), TrackerAssist, and WhisperCast.

And two screenshots of most of my mods in action (as some just don't pop up until you needed them):

http://members.cox.net/timothy646/WoWScrnShot_100705_204938.jpg
http://members.cox.net/timothy646/WoWScrnShot_100705_223816.jpg

Note - I haven't played in months, so I have no idea what's current and still works.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 03:27:37 AM »

- I tend to stick mainly to Cosmos.  
- I've also used Lootlink, but it occasionally caused me some issues.
- I liked Gatherer, but it doesnt seem to be updated very often, and I keep losing my data (despite backing it up with that one utility; data import doesnt seem to work).
- I also used to use Enchantrix a lot, but it likewise isnt updated very often.  I also think it may have been the cause of a few performance issues.

Just FYI for anyone who doesnt know, but Atlas is included in Cosmos.  If you plan on getting it, I recommend the Alpha version.  I used to stick with the "release" version, but strangely the Alpha version seems far more problem-free (it is also the first version to be usable after a patch, and I haven't gone without my UI post-patch for a very long time).
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 03:07:50 PM »

Titan panel and CTmod are probably the 2 best overall mods you can have.

For a hunter tracker assist is great, it adds a drop down bar to your mini map for all tracking skills, saving space on the main bar. I think Titan incorporates this mod though.

There is also a range addon that shades your bar red when a target is out of range, its very easy to attack at max range with it.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 03:28:36 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I use Atlas and Auctioneer.  I've made several gold just using Auctioneer to scout prices that are WAY under market value, buying those items, and then re-listing.  I'm at 77 gold right now at level 27.  Not too shabby off cookies and mis-listings. smile

No joke.  Auctioneer is rocking.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 03:31:11 PM »

Quote from: "Jag"
Titan panel and CTmod are probably the 2 best overall mods you can have.

For a hunter tracker assist is great, it adds a drop down bar to your mini map for all tracking skills, saving space on the main bar. I think Titan incorporates this mod though.

There is also a range addon that shades your bar red when a target is out of range, its very easy to attack at max range with it.

The only thing I don't like about the combo of CTmod and Titan is that the bottom portion of the interface doesn't auto adjust up to accomodate the lower titan bar.
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 03:56:09 PM »

where did someone find a working version of Auctioneer?  Mine has been bugged for quite awhile now.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 04:05:38 PM »

I tried downloading Auctioneer and I get errors if I try using it as well.
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 05:17:33 PM »

The most recent auctioneer mod works fine for me.  The older version I had wouldn't let me move items around in my packs once I loaded it up.  Go to http://auctioneeraddon.com/

3.2.0.0620 is the most recent release.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 07:41:23 PM »

Looks like I need to go on a mod binge again.
unbreakable
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 10:35:17 PM »

That's the main reason I stopped using individual mods, and just stick with Cosmos mainly- I was tired of going out and making sure all these individual mods were up to date.  And dreading patch days!

Now I just run the patch, then run the Cosmos update utility, and go log in and play.  Too easy  Tongue
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 01:56:21 AM »

I just re-installed WoW today, after 9 months off.  I always used ctmod, and liked it.  I'm trying to reinstall that mod, but for the life of me cannot remember how.  I downloaded the zip from the ctmod website, but it offers no clues on installation.  Anyone able to help?

Semaj

View Profile
Hrm
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2006, 03:29:22 AM »

Anyone know which mod the guy who showed us screenshots used to make his Hp?Mana bars for him and his teamates look different?  As a preist I'd kill for something that was bigger and helped me pay attention to things like pets easier.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 03:34:59 AM »

I need a really good healer and hunter bar (hunter specifically for pet stuff).

Any ideas?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2006, 05:50:24 AM »

Quote from: "Interloper"
I just re-installed WoW today, after 9 months off.  I always used ctmod, and liked it.  I'm trying to reinstall that mod, but for the life of me cannot remember how.  I downloaded the zip from the ctmod website, but it offers no clues on installation.  Anyone able to help?

You just unzip it into your Wow/Interface/Addons folder.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2006, 01:54:06 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
I need a really good healer and hunter bar (hunter specifically for pet stuff).

SmartPet (yes, it's really, really old, but it still works to my knowledge without too many hitches), and GFW_HuntersHelper (funky name, but lots of little useful things for Hunters).

Never played a healer though, so I don't have any mods handy to tell you about.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: