http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 02:18:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW account question  (Read 1491 times)
Lordnine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2004, 08:14:05 PM »

I’m currently at college where I have a very fast Internet connection; however at home all I have is a 56k and we don’t have access to anything faster in my area.  If I start an account now and then stop my subscription over the summer will my character still be on the servers come the fall?
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 08:24:29 PM »

I'm 90% sure you'd be fine, but someone else may know for sure.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 03:45:35 AM »

Can anyone give me a definite on this?  I’ve looked but I can’t see much about it.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 04:15:08 AM »

Should be. Can I say with certainty? No. However, not deleting characters is the absolute most guaranteed way to ensure that players that left are willing to come back in the future. I don't know that any of the major mmorpgs have ever deleted a character. I know that after 2 years of not playing EQ and then going back to check out all of the new expansions every single one of my characters was still there.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 10:19:38 AM »

Quote from: "Gryndyl"
...not deleting characters is the absolute most guaranteed way to ensure that players that left are willing to come back in the future. I don't know that any of the major mmorpgs have ever deleted a character.

FFXI. ;P After three months. After three months they just delete your account-- if you wished to play again, you'd have to purchase a brand new client! Which is probably one of the reasons that I didn't play. It's *certainly* the reason that I couldn't locate a used account....  :?

I can go back and see my Anarchy Online characters even today. It's been at least a year and a half since I've played, if not longer.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 10:45:39 AM »

On a side note, why would you cancel? You think you can't play with a 56k connection? I have heard from those with dial-ups that it's quite playable.

And I agree that while I have not read anything official, I would be shocked if your characters were not saved indefinitely.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 01:58:27 PM »

Quote from: "Charlatan"
On a side note, why would you cancel? You think you can't play with a 56k connection? I have heard from those with dial-ups that it's quite playable.

Actually yes…I just assumed that a MMORPG would be next to impossible to play on 56k; especially with downloading patches and whatnot.  Something I’ll be sure to test out now.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 03:51:27 PM »

I have played numerous MMORPGs on dial up.  They are very playable when you fianlly get patched up.  Overnight patching is your friend  :wink:

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: