http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 06:05:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Tanks...free ww2 tank mmo  (Read 17311 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2010, 01:42:29 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 15, 2010, 12:33:08 AM

after some consideration I think I need to try on of those out.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 01:44:26 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2010, 03:12:35 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 15, 2010, 01:42:29 AM

SPGs are fun, but usually you're one of the main targets for everyone and if you don't have a good team that's willing to defend, usually out pretty early in the game.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 15, 2010, 01:42:29 AM

My favorite 'class'.  Defense does help but just find a decent hiding spot.  I have gotten 6 kills a few times with these smile

morlac00 on PSN
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »

There is an update that I am downloading right now.  its is done via a torrent thru the game updater itself.  When i first had it start it hung up at .75MB downloaded and had been slow to get there.  I closed it out and when I restarted it picked up from where it left off and went much quicker.
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2010, 11:04:06 AM »

Ugh... I'm beginning to think that at least the default gun on the kv has a hidden nerf to it. My gunner can't hit the broad side of a barn, 10 ft away. I can fill the reticle with their tank, me sitting with a motionless target, and it will _miss_. Not ricochet or 'pass right through them'... flat out not hit. Whiff city.

Part of me really really really wants to just go back to my JagdPanther and forget this tank crap. BABY handles like a sportscar. With big pointy teeth. Got me spoiled right proper. Even the Ferdinand doesn't match up... too slow. Better armor and hp though.

But the KV just flat sucks.

Atomic
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »

Quote from: TheAtomicKid on September 28, 2010, 11:04:06 AM

Ugh... I'm beginning to think that at least the default gun on the kv has a hidden nerf to it. My gunner can't hit the broad side of a barn, 10 ft away. I can fill the reticle with their tank, me sitting with a motionless target, and it will _miss_. Not ricochet or 'pass right through them'... flat out not hit. Whiff city.

And by this we mean I can sit there and burn off round after round. 90% will miss, and most of the rest will bounce. Occasionally I'll get a ding through. VERY occasionally. Do NOT have this problem to this extent, normally.

Atomic
DOSHIGH
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2010, 11:38:19 PM »

Quote from: TheAtomicKid on September 28, 2010, 11:04:06 AM

Part of me really really really wants to just go back to my JagdPanther and forget this tank crap. BABY handles like a sportscar. With big pointy teeth. Got me spoiled right proper. Even the Ferdinand doesn't match up... too slow. Better armor and hp though.

But the KV just flat sucks.

Haven't played one but from what I've seen the KV definitely sucks.  Seems like it needs to be used as a defensive TD more than a tank.  What's your crew experience?  I felt like anything below 75% was horrible for accuracy but I've even seen my 100% crew miss a shot at point blank range to a stationary tank.  The arcade aspect of the game where a 'luck' factor is involved can be really annoying. 

I currently have a fully upgraded T-44 and it's so much fun I really don't feel like leveling another class.  I've been using my free gold to research the German TD line and just hit the jdpz IV.   I definitely want to get back to the JadgPanther that I had pre-wipe because it is a fun piece of gear, although the high number of super heavy armor in battles that show up on occasion may suck.  I'm not playing enough to get it for a while so not sure if I'll ever get to it again.  I also agree that Ferdinand's are pretty useless now unless you have a good location and team to avoid being swarmed.
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2010, 06:45:28 AM »

Yeah the crew skill is still low. I'm not wasting gold/money on crew training at this point. Although technically I have the gold to waste, but... screw that.

It just bugs me that I can, literally, fill the reticle with enemy tank, pull the trigger, and somehow miss. Consistently and repeatedly. It's like the game has hard-coded 'thou shalt miss this shot' code. Or something. I've also had my reticle snap to the sky as I pull the trigger, and then return instantly to the aimpoint. Even while sitting still/not moving. (it sorta looks like you hit a bump and it throws your aim, except much faster movement... near instant)

I'm about to start thinking that I have more lag to the game than the latency indicator is reporting. I'm noting that even though I'm running 30-50ms latency, if I say, put the reticle on their front bumper while they're moving... again, consistent missing. But in this case, even with crew skills at or near, 100%.

But if I aim, say, two tank lengths ahead, I start getting hits.

I'm sorry, but no tank in this game actually travels two of its own lengths in 30-50ms. Or even if you double that number. Yet that's what I'm getting. Aka, there's more than 30-50ms worth of delay, between what's actually going on, and what I'm seeing.

Anyways, still fun. I see it being my 'I'm in the mood for something different' time-waster for a while. Maybe not every night.. in fact I hadn't played in a few days until I got in the mood again just three days ago or so. But in fits and spurts.

Kinda the way I used to play Tanarus smile

Atomic
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2010, 09:10:08 PM »

For 20K credit per crew member you can immediately train them to 75%.  Click on the crew portrait, personel jacket, training, then click train.  For 200G you can train straight to 100% if you want per crewmember.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 21, 2010, 11:53:23 PM »

two new maps.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2010, 02:06:31 AM »

US tanks.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2010, 03:58:02 PM »

Christmas Greetings.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »

Getting Started, a look at the beginning of the game.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2011, 11:30:11 AM »

tutorial part 2.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2011, 02:44:26 AM »

they hit a world record: Most Players Online Simultaneously on One MMO Server.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2011, 01:20:40 AM »

a little bit from GDC 2011.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »

looks like the official launch is April 12th.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2011, 07:47:31 PM »

they're taking 'pre-orders']http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59625/World-of-Tanks-Pre-Order-Packages-Available]'pre-orders' now.

Because I can,
evilekim
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2011, 09:07:19 PM »

Just stated playing again after taking a long break until closer to release.  Not sure what everyone's plans are but I picked up with a pretty organized and friendly group called crimson blade.

www.crimsonbladeclan.com

They're up to over 200 players now and ready to hit the ground running at release for clan wars.  They've been running company and training battles fairly regularly along with platoons. I'm ingame as evilekim if you're in beta and want to add me to your friends list.  Hope to see some of you on the field.  Preferrably on the same side.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 09:10:25 PM by evilekim » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »

Although I never did bother to try this, was on the e-mail list:
Wargaming.net is happy to inform you that World of Tanks goes live on April 12, 2011. Donít miss your chance to roll into tense armored warfare driving your all-new M4A2E4, M6A2E1, PzKpfw V/IV or A-32 tank straight from the very first day of release!

If you are a Closed Beta Tester and have 1000 or more battles under your belt make sure to check out your garage after April 12 for the special M4A2E4 tank awarded to you as an acknowledgement of your contribution to the game's development.

You can also select from one-of-three exclusive pre-order packages: Heavy (M6A2E1), Medium (PzKpfw V/IV) and Light (A-32) available till April12, that will let you gain access to gold available for a special price and three one-of-a-kind tanks, each possessing unique powers that will allow their owners to benefit from the very first battles.

Learn more about pre-order packages:

North American server at http://game.worldoftanks.com/news/general_news/buy_gold_special_price_and_get_unique_tank_free

European server at http://game.worldoftanks.eu/news/general_news/buy_gold_special_price_and_get_unique_tank_free

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2011, 04:19:27 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 10, 2011, 02:33:13 PM

Although I never did bother to try this, was on the e-mail list: ...

It's a lot of fun.  You should give it a try  icon_smile  The good news is it's free to play, so you can still try it all you want after release on Tuesday.  The two big things cash gets you is you'll level faster and you'll be able to buy more tank garage spaces.  IIRC you start out with five.

I've heard it described as Counterstrike with tanks.  Things I like:

• Play is slow enough that I feel like it's not mostly a matter of twitch skills.  It's more about where to place your tank, when to move forward, and when and where to hold position.  That said, it's not slow by any means.  Usually one of the two sides has all 15 tanks dead in five minutes or less, with the winning side losing 8-10 of theirs.
  • I grew up with reading about these tanks, it's an awful lot of fun driving them.
  • The tanks all feel very, very different.  Even though the game has a T-34 and a Pz IV in the same tier, they play completely differently.  That's even more so when you throw in the Tank Destroyers and Self-Propelled Artillery Guns.

The main thing I don't like is that they put all sorts of goofy ahistoric turrets and guns on tanks.  The vanilla Pz IV looks like a real Pz IV.  Then they have an upgrade system which results in you upgrading the Pz IV turret and replacing it with a Panther turret.  They claim that this is "historic" because this upgrade was discussed, but historically it was rejected because it was too heavy.  So in game very few Pz IVs actually look like Pz IVs instead they look like this weird hybrid of different German tank designs.

I liked it enough that I put in a pre-order.  Planning to run at least a month or two of premium and also buy some extra garage slots.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:21:07 PM by ydejin » Logged
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »

I kinda got burned out on it a couple months back. But damn is that game fun and well made. Theres only one thing that is keeping me from paying any money for it...arty in all maps. Now I love my arty...heck I have about 5 of them...but on every battle as soon as two enemies see each other there will be 3 - 4 artillery shells come flaming in to kill you. That is NOT the least bit fun. I'd like to see some maps / battle have no arty at all. otherwise I can't justify paying real money for that pleasure. I want to fight some tank battles and not get bombed from orbit as soon as I see someone.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 10, 2011, 02:33:13 PM

Although I never did bother to try this, was on the e-mail list:

same here.  I should change that.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »

Hitler hates paying for WoT

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2011, 11:32:21 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on April 10, 2011, 04:19:27 PM

I've heard it described as Counterstrike with tanks.  Things I like:

• Play is slow enough that I feel like it's not mostly a matter of twitch skills.  It's more about where to place your tank, when to move forward, and when and where to hold position.  That said, it's not slow by any means.  Usually one of the two sides has all 15 tanks dead in five minutes or less, with the winning side losing 8-10 of theirs.
  • I grew up with reading about these tanks, it's an awful lot of fun driving them.
  • The tanks all feel very, very different.  Even though the game has a T-34 and a Pz IV in the same tier, they play completely differently.  That's even more so when you throw in the Tank Destroyers and Self-Propelled Artillery Guns.

that's about enough to finally get me to install the thing.  downloading!

Because I can,
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 23, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »

CeeKay did you end up picking this up?

Very extensive webpages on battle mechanics and equipment out on the official wiki.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2011, 04:31:21 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on April 23, 2011, 08:57:00 AM

CeeKay did you end up picking this up?

Very extensive webpages on battle mechanics and equipment out on the official wiki.

I got an account and the thing downloaded, but got sidetracked by a few other games.

Because I can,
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 29, 2011, 04:24:57 PM »

Downloaded this last night and I'm loving it.  It's a perfect game for when you have a half hour to kill, or if you have all night and want to blow stuff up.     Now all I need is to get to that German Mous and all will be well. smile
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2011, 06:58:22 AM »

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on April 29, 2011, 04:24:57 PM

Downloaded this last night and I'm loving it.  It's a perfect game for when you have a half hour to kill, or if you have all night and want to blow stuff up.     Now all I need is to get to that German Mous and all will be well. smile

I found the best balance between killing ability and cost to fix are the tier 4 and 5 tanks, that is if you're not running a premium account. The higher tiers are just too costly to fix unless you can be an ace in every match.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2011, 07:36:15 AM »

Quote from: Tokek on April 30, 2011, 06:58:22 AM

I found the best balance between killing ability and cost to fix are the tier 4 and 5 tanks, that is if you're not running a premium account. The higher tiers are just too costly to fix unless you can be an ace in every match.

what's wrong with being an ace every match? slywink
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2011, 08:50:41 AM »

Downloaded this last night and I'm loving it.  It's a perfect game for when you have a half hour to kill, or if you have all night and want to blow stuff up.     Now all I need is to get to that German Mous and all will be well. smile

I agree.  I'm on premium and my Tier 5 Sherman earns around 20k on average per match.  My Tier 6 VKs earn money, but not very much -- probably net around 5-8k per match.  I'm assuming if I didn't have premium I'd be losing money on them.  My tank destroyers are earning less per tier (probably since I tend to play them a bit more defensively, so they don't always get that many kills, although my StuG ties my Marder for most kills at 6).  I think the StuG makes 15k per match, maybe a bit less if I take repairs and ammo into account.

[Edit] I do buy repair kits and medipacks and use them pretty liberally though, at 3k credits per pop, 6k for matches where I use both, that can add up pretty quick, and can put a serious damper on earnings.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 10:10:26 AM by ydejin » Logged
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on April 30, 2011, 08:50:41 AM

Downloaded this last night and I'm loving it.  It's a perfect game for when you have a half hour to kill, or if you have all night and want to blow stuff up.     Now all I need is to get to that German Mous and all will be well. smile

I agree.  I'm on premium and my Tier 5 Sherman earns around 20k on average per match.  My Tier 6 VKs earn money, but not very much -- probably net around 5-8k per match.  I'm assuming if I didn't have premium I'd be losing money on them.  My tank destroyers are earning less per tier (probably since I tend to play them a bit more defensively, so they don't always get that many kills, although my StuG ties my Marder for most kills at 6).  I think the StuG makes 15k per match, maybe a bit less if I take repairs and ammo into account.

[Edit] I do buy repair kits and medipacks and use them pretty liberally though, at 3k credits per pop, 6k for matches where I use both, that can add up pretty quick, and can put a serious damper on earnings.

Well I just unlocked my first tier 3 tank last night, and it currently seems way underpowered.  Its very fast but lightly armoured and with no upgrades in it I haven't been able to impose my will as much as my lower lvl elite tanks do.  I probably am only earning 2k om a good match at my level too, and with repairs and ammo it takes a while to build up.

Bought my first piece of artillary yesterday too, I'm liking that alot.  Nice change of pace but ammo is expensive.

What does a premium account give that's worth buying?  All I saw was exp bonus and grouping options. Plus a few tanks that didn't seem all that impressive.
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2011, 09:47:24 PM »

This is typical of any tank. Freshly unlocked, no upgrades, and (probably) green crew = lack of performance. Very few exceptions. Crew skill tends to make a huge difference all by itself. As an example, a fresh hetzer trying to climb a hill will drop to _2_ kph... it does much better after you up the engines/crew. (I think 2 may be the minimum speed rating... I've never seen anything stuck at 1 before)

For the record, most of the maps are 1k x 1k, so it'd take you quite a while to get to the enemy base at those speeds... possibly more time than a match allows biggrin

Atomic
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on April 30, 2011, 04:51:08 PM

What does a premium account give that's worth buying?  All I saw was exp bonus and grouping options. Plus a few tanks that didn't seem all that impressive.

The xp and credit bonus is significant and will get you out of the lower tiers much quicker.  Also at the higher tiers, you'll start losing money unless you are very good.  AIUI at the very highest tiers you'll lose credits even on premium unless you are great, although I can't speak from experience, I've never gotten past tier 7, except for on the last day of Beta when I blew all my free Beta gold and got a Tiger II and T-54.

For me the main reason for going premium is just a show of support for wargaming.net for creating a really great game.  I played around 3000 matches in beta and another 1000 since release.  I want them to be able to continue supporting this game and to go off and create other cool stuff (and I happen to be in an okay place financially, mostly due to being older but unmarried and no kids, so I can show them support this way -- I totally understand that many can't).

The premium tanks are separate from a premium account.  Premium AFAIK just gets you an xp and credit bonus and the ability to create a platoon (non-premiums can join a platoon, they just can't create it).
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2011, 02:18:16 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 30, 2011, 07:36:15 AM

Nothing wrong at all IF you can do that on most matches so that you can break even on high tier tanks, without premium account  icon_wink
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2011, 05:50:27 PM »

Quote from: Tokek on May 01, 2011, 02:18:16 PM

Nothing wrong at all IF you can do that on most matches so that you can break even on high tier tanks, without premium account  icon_wink

I have a feeling that I'm too dependent on auto-aiming to claim  "Ace" status anytime soon.  Something I need to work on.  That and I can't wait to get my crews trained up to a respectable lvl, I think my best tank right now has a %65 tranied crew.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:59 PM »

Quote from: TheEgoWhip on May 01, 2011, 05:50:27 PM

Quote from: Tokek on May 01, 2011, 02:18:16 PM

I have a feeling that I'm too dependent on auto-aiming to claim  "Ace" status anytime soon.  Something I need to work on.  That and I can't wait to get my crews trained up to a respectable lvl, I think my best tank right now has a %65 tranied crew.

Crew skill makes a huge difference.  I recommend plunking down for the Regimental School 75%, 20,000 credit upgrade as soon as you can afford it (probably not worth it though until tier 4, since you won't be playing the tier 1-3 tanks that long).  If you can't afford it for all crew members, start with the Commander (who gives a bonus to all crew members and determines viewing distance), followed by the Gunner and the Loader.  Unless you are a scout you can probably skip the driver if you're short on cash.  Radio operator only absolutely necessary to upgrade if you're a scout or artillery (although also good if you like sniping).
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2011, 03:03:34 AM »

I'm currently grinding up on my PzIII trying to get PzIV and it's a pain to do without premium account. I keep getting placed with the big heavies that would one-shot me and even with the derp gun, I can barely make a dent. I'm about halfway the xp required to research PzIV. I may need to plunk down for a month of premium just to make the grind a bit more bearable.

Don't get me wrong, the PzIII is a fun tank to play if you're going against the right tiers. But when put against KV-3, IS and Tigers, it's just not as much fun, especially when they do that round after round after round.

Once I get the PzIV with the turret & gun upgrades, it'll be time to go for the JgPzIV grind. Not looking forward to the Hetzer though, lol.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2011, 03:12:54 AM »

Quote from: Tokek on May 03, 2011, 03:03:34 AM

I'm currently grinding up on my PzIII trying to get PzIV and it's a pain to do without premium account. I keep getting placed with the big heavies that would one-shot me and even with the derp gun, I can barely make a dent. I'm about halfway the xp required to research PzIV. I may need to plunk down for a month of premium just to make the grind a bit more bearable.

Don't get me wrong, the PzIII is a fun tank to play if you're going against the right tiers. But when put against KV-3, IS and Tigers, it's just not as much fun, especially when they do that round after round after round.

Once I get the PzIV with the turret & gun upgrades, it'll be time to go for the JgPzIV grind. Not looking forward to the Hetzer though, lol.

The main thing to keep in mind when you're a fast, light tank playing with the heavies is your job is to scout, not to kill.  You'll receive half the XP and half the credit that anyone gets when they fire on a target that they can't hit without your spotting.  This is most obviously important for artillery who shouldn't be able to get line-of-sight on any of the enemies (if they can, they've either screwed up their placement or your team's defense has collapsed).  However, heavies, mediums who play as snipers, and tank destroyers all can often hit targets far beyond visual range if you can highlight the targets for them.

The After Action Report makes it seem like scouting is all about getting the first spot on the vehicle, but it's not.  Pay attention to where your heavy hitters are and where they have fields of fire.  Try to find target for them that they can hit, but which might be outside of their visual range.  For artillery, it helps to tell them where you are going and where targets might blip up on their display, since moving the area the artillery is targetting can be time consuming.

Don't rush off at the start of the game.  You generally don't want to spot targets until your team can take advantage of them (although arguably determining the enemy heavies' line of advance can be useful, even if people won't be able to shoot at them individually).

I also like looking over the enemy tank composition before the match starts.  See how many enemy lights and fast mediums there are.  These are likely to be coming for your artillery.  So it sometimes pays to hold back a bit and take these on as they come in.  Friendly light tanks are amongst the best anti-light tank hunters available to protect friendly artillery units. 
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2011, 04:30:41 AM »

Quote from: ydejin on May 03, 2011, 03:12:54 AM

The main thing to keep in mind when you're a fast, light tank playing with the heavies is your job is to scout, not to kill.  You'll receive half the XP and half the credit that anyone gets when they fire on a target that they can't hit without your spotting.  This is most obviously important for artillery who shouldn't be able to get line-of-sight on any of the enemies (if they can, they've either screwed up their placement or your team's defense has collapsed).  However, heavies, mediums who play as snipers, and tank destroyers all can often hit targets far beyond visual range if you can highlight the targets for them.

The After Action Report makes it seem like scouting is all about getting the first spot on the vehicle, but it's not.  Pay attention to where your heavy hitters are and where they have fields of fire.  Try to find target for them that they can hit, but which might be outside of their visual range.  For artillery, it helps to tell them where you are going and where targets might blip up on their display, since moving the area the artillery is targetting can be time consuming.

Don't rush off at the start of the game.  You generally don't want to spot targets until your team can take advantage of them (although arguably determining the enemy heavies' line of advance can be useful, even if people won't be able to shoot at them individually).

I also like looking over the enemy tank composition before the match starts.  See how many enemy lights and fast mediums there are.  These are likely to be coming for your artillery.  So it sometimes pays to hold back a bit and take these on as they come in.  Friendly light tanks are amongst the best anti-light tank hunters available to protect friendly artillery units. 

I scout but for some reason the PzIII is insanely easy to track. I usually sit back for a minute or so depending on where everyone is going and try to head off any fast movers going towards our arties but with the derp gun, if I miss the shot, it takes forever to reload and shooting accurately while moving is a no go. Or I go towards the enemy's positions and try to scout for our heavies but once I'm tracked, I'm sitting duck, plus once I run into an enemy heavy, 1 shot usually finishes me off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: