http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2015, 04:07:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 1070 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »

from the hit movie!  naw, just kidding, but from the makers of Tanks and Warplanes finally comes Battleships.  not much is left after this, maybe a MMOFPS called World of Soldiers?

all 3 games will be tied together too:

The already familiar credits, gold, and experience featured in World of Tanks and World of Warplanes will allow you to rapidly get into the game, and the common economic system will give you an option to distribute your resources between the three projects for ultimate progress in each of them.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 04:52:57 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »

looks like they wanted to distance themselves from the Battleship franchise and changed the name to World of Warships, or WoW for short (although they officially call it WOWS) biggrin

new cinematic trailer: http://gamingtrend.com/2013/06/04/world-of-warships-e3-cinematic/

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:59:07 PM by Knightshade Dragon » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 05:07:31 PM »

I'm definitely interested if they can keep the feel of WoT
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

I dropped in our link on your post, Ceekay.  smile   Looks pretty sweet!  

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:54:25 PM »

I won a beta key for the CBT and have been following a streamer.  I will be loading it up this weekend. Looks fun. 

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 09:38:19 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on June 04, 2013, 05:59:26 PM

I dropped in our link on your post, Ceekay.  smile   Looks pretty sweet!  

Awwww for a second there I thought Ceekay had returned.  It's amazing how many posts were originated by Ceekay even 2 years (?) after he stopped posting.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 04:54:52 AM »

I've played up through the first 3 tiers and watched a bit of the game on stream through tier 8.  So far, it's pretty fun and responsive.  I haven't seen too many instances of mis-hits or laggy/glitchy movement.  I've managed a decent career so far but the stats page is pretty slow to update and only has 8 missions tracked.  Getting a kill via fire damage after the cruiser that sunk you is pretty damn rewarding and keeping a battleship's cannons out of commission is the only way to survive in a cruiser until you get one with torpedoes.  I've had a few instances where I set them alight, saw the fire go out instantly (you have a repair option on a timer) and they relit them in the next salvo.  I can only imagine the frustration as I've had that feeling before when you end up crippled with little to do but watch your ship burn or drift in the wrong direction or slowly come to a stop.  You can also end up with guns that are disabled (or outright destroyed, reloading mechanisms disabled, flooding (which slows you down and can sink you) and destroyed AA emplacements. 

I've had no luck streaming this, but you can definitely find others out there if you are interested.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 03:38:13 PM »

I've advanced up to using destroyers and man, are those fun.  It's gratifying getting a full spread hit on a battleship or carrier, especially as they have secondary fire which can kill you.  Some of the cruisers have been immensely fun as well, even lower tier like the St.  Louis with 8 guns in a broadside.  it is a huge target for destroyers though and I've had great matches with that matchup.  In one, I sunk an IJN cruiser, 1 STL and got a second STL down to about 1/20th of it's health before it got me. 

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 12:24:00 AM »

If anyone would like a key or two, I think I have some we could give away!   Hit me up on PM and I'll make it happen.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2015, 02:19:21 AM »

Sent you a PM about a key.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2015, 02:40:24 AM »

If anyone wants to group up, feel free to add me in game.  KaseiVallis

drifter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 09:16:47 PM »

Thanks for the keys been playing this game and enjoying it.  So is my son, he is 14 and its "cool" to be in a beta to him.  Its a good game having fun although I am still struggling with how accurate some players on at distance (like 15Km) with first salvo hits.  Making torpedo runs can be frustrating due to the range and your team mates doing stupid things.  Torpedo's don't care what they hit they go boom so FF is always an option with them and some players just don't care if they hit a team mate with them.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »

It's in open beta.  I've played enough to get into Tier IV, a feat I never managed in Tanks, and have maxed the level 8 rank progression.  Anyone out there?

I'm loving the IJN destroyers.  The South Carolina battleship?  Not so much. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 07:46:44 PM »

I haven't actually played it since all you open beta plebes came in  Tongue

It's good you are enjoying it, Grim.  I had a lot of fun with back in CBT.

tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 06:38:54 PM »

I'm enjoying it as well,  Play a handful of games every night. Im mostly using American cruisers and BB. I like the cruisers better, basically level V in both now but still like playing lower tiers just as much.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »

I play pretty much every day.  I really like the IJN destroyers, with torpedoes that can run 10K they can surprise enemy ships big time.  Its a fun game very team oriented.  Lone wolf tactics tend to get you dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: