http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 01:05:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What am I? Stupid? More WoW....  (Read 4530 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2005, 07:47:32 PM »

Co-Worker drug me back in...its back on my laptop.  It helps pass the time on the overnights, but I should have my head examined....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 07:50:10 PM »

FOR SHAME!  (lol)

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 11:18:09 PM »

Do you also like poking a pencil in your ear as well?... :wink:

Grace: Unmerited favor.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 11:20:23 PM »

I've been tempted myself.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 01:32:26 PM »

I am playing it again and having a good time.  With he big crap stick that sony hit SWG with WoW is nice.

I think quite a few players from SWG switched over to WoW.  I liked hearing some of the players the first ime they got in the game, quite a contrast to Sony.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 02:20:04 PM »

I have run into many SWG refugees myself, and I don't even play all that much anymore.  

The maturity level in the starting areas seems to have improved a bit as well, though granted, could it have gotten any worse?  doubtful.   :wink:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:37:09 PM »

Here's a bit of news for you on World of Warcraft, too.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 04:08:25 PM »

For those interested, everyone here is welcome to join the OO guild we have going.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 04:18:43 PM »

I've been playing a ton too.  I currently have a 51 Priest and a 54 Warrior.  Around 300 gold on the Warrior too.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 05:39:03 PM »

Quote from: "Zarkon"
Here's a bit of news for you on World of Warcraft, too.

No disrespect or anything, but that news is like two+ months old. smile

Stuff that will be added in the next few weeks is here.

[edit]

Oh, and welcome back Ron, and welcome to the SWG refugees.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 06:10:33 PM »

Heh.  Well, blame Blizzard for not sending it out to me until Friday.

NOTE:  This was not a PR that Blizz sent out, just their newsletter.  Just wanted to make that clear lest someone think there was more to it than that. smile
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 07:18:12 PM »

soon as I get a job I'll fire up WOW again, heh

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 08:17:06 PM »

Quote from: "Arclight"

Boy you'd think so.  Level 12 on my new Warlock and climbing....

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 10:58:16 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"

Ron, Ron, Ron... First you get drawn back into WoW, and then you play what is called the worst, most incomplete, and gimped class of them all (at least last time I checked the boards, which has been months). What's wrong with you? biggrin

Go play a Hunter or something. Just a tad easier, and you still have a pet to do your bidding.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 11:48:08 PM »

I found the hunter to be a very boring class to play.  I tried - made it to L25 - shelved him.

So what have I missed?  I hear rumor of 'open transfers' for characters from servers to servers?  True? In the works?  

What are the good plugins now?  I got Titan and that seems pretty solid...what else?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
unbreakable
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 01:17:17 AM »

I'm still very happy with Cosmos (you need to stick with the Alpha version, the 'stable' build is always too far behind the curve).  Any performance issues they had are far in the past, and even on patch day I can run the updater and get going right away.

I've been thinking of getting a WoW laptop myself.  New job is second shift, might have a lot of downtime.  Sure, I can surf news sites all night, but leveling my character seems a good use of my downtime  Tongue
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 03:47:28 AM »

I found the hunter to be a very boring class to play.  I tried - made it to L25 - shelved him.

So what have I missed?  I hear rumor of 'open transfers' for characters from servers to servers?  True? In the works?

What are the good plugins now? I got Titan and that seems pretty solid...what else?

Yeah, the Hunter might've been boring (but it could very easily solo from 1 to 60), but it didn't have the serious issues that the Warlock class had. Keep in mind had, as who knows if they were ever fixed/improved. As the saying goes though, your mileage might vary.

Anyway, to answer your questions... I remember hearing rumors of open transfers from realm to realm, but I highly doubt that Blizzard would do such a thing. Heck - they're having enough issues as it was (when I quit) just trying to get people off the extremely overpopulated servers (extremely as in lagging the server itself all to hell, causing loot issues, wait times to log in, etc). And knowing how most MMO companies do it, you'll be charged up the arse to copy your 15k save file from one PC/server to another.

Mods... I have no clue if any of these addons still work or anything, but here was what I ran:

AF_Tooltip, Ammolert (Hunter mod), Atlas, AuctionSort, BankItems, bc_AspectMenu/bc_TrackingMenu (both Hunter mods), Beastmaster (again), BuffTimers, CastTime, CharactersViewer, CT_RaidAssist, DamageWatchW, Decursive (was on Blizzard's 'to be disabled if we could do so without breaking the game' list), DiscordActionBars (excellent, excellent mod for all of your actionbar needs), EnhancedFlightMap, FishingBuddy, Gatherer (for all your gathering needs), GFW_HuntersHelper, goodinspect (now nerfed at last check), ItemRack, LootLink, MiniGroup (excellent party mod), MobHealth, MoveAnything, QuestLevels, QuickLoot, QuuSpellAlert, sct, SmartPet, Titan (along with AggroAlert, AmmoPlus, EmoteMenu, Factions, Friends, Guild, ItemBonuses, ModMenu, Stats, and Volume2), TotemTimers (for a Shaman alt), TrackerAssist, and WhisperCast.

And two screenshots of most of my mods in action (as some just don't pop up until you needed them):

http://members.cox.net/timothy646/WoWScrnShot_100705_204938.jpg
http://members.cox.net/timothy646/WoWScrnShot_100705_223816.jpg

The sidebars would 'poof' until I moused over them (and I didn't use them often, so the fact that they'd vanish was a good thing), and the bar near my player would vanish as well until I had a target selected. And, yes, I know I kept a busy screen (and a lot of mods loaded). I always wanted to know all the information presented. Worked great for me.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 02:41:29 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Ron, Ron, Ron... First you get drawn back into WoW, and then you play what is called the worst, most incomplete, and gimped class of them all (at least last time I checked the boards, which has been months). What's wrong with you? biggrin

*Never* trust the offical WoW forums for anything related to class info. While there's a few pearls in there every now and then, the bulk of it is folks whining about how underpowered/broke/un-fun/in-need-of-repair their class is. Do Warlocks still have some bugs and issues? Sure...but so does every class in the game (even those of us who've been officially revamped/reviewed).

My wife loves her warlock. The only reason I haven't rolled one myself is because I'm debating about whether I should hold off for the expansion or not, not to mention I've already got two alts I'm leveling pretty hard right now.

So what have I missed? I hear rumor of 'open transfers' for characters from servers to servers? True? In the works?

It's reportedly in the works, and there's possibly going to be some small fee attached to it to keep folks from abusing it too much. Most likely you'll have to stay within your realm type (so no PvE to PvP transfers, etc.).

What are the good plugins now? I got Titan and that seems pretty solid...what else?

Titan is decent. A lot of folks I know are running some build of CTMod. It's a really well done mod (actually group of mods), and unlike most of the ones out there, it's still frequently updated these days. Other than a good portion of CTMod, I'm just using some minor addons to help with specific tasks (things like SmartPet, Atlas, Gatherer, etc. Autobar is pretty decent as well.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 02:51:03 PM »

I have a lvl 60 Tauren Shaman, 60 Orc Warrior, 49 Undead Warlock and a 39 Druid.  The Warlock is a good class and with Blizz redoing some of  the talents its even better, but it still a slow kill class.  The Change to Death Coil has made survivablility better.   I still feel that the class needs another form of CC.  Fear is just to iffy to use at times.  As it might cause more harm than good

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 07:49:56 PM »

Which mod changes your party/damage bars so you can see everythign more clearly?

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 08:23:52 PM »

I actually use CTmods.  All in one in my opinion.  Also, CTraid is a must, imo

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 09:18:14 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"

Go play a Hunter or something. Just a tad easier, and you still have a pet to do your bidding.

My lock is level 40.  I've been soloing him alongside my shammy for much of the time.  The lock is FAR more powerful than any class I've played past level 25.  It's amazing.  I've soloed elites +2 levels.  My shammy needs blues and potions to solo an even level elite...and then it's risky.  My priest couldn't solo an even level elite.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2005, 12:14:41 AM »

What server is everyone playing on? I started playing WoW for the first time on 10/29 and now have a lvl 34 Orc Shaman on Shadow Moon. Some guys at work got me hooked, damn game is like digital crack got over 8 days played so far...

-Tony
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2005, 12:59:25 AM »

Whisperwind.

Horde Level 37 Undead Mage Qaqal. Guild <OoD>
GF

Whisperwind

Level 60 troll Warrior <OoD>

Level 60 troll priest.  <OoD>

Level 60 Dwarf Priest *edit* Paladin, not priest.   Agate No Guild.
unbreakable
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2005, 02:25:27 AM »

Quote from: "Mystic95Z"
What server is everyone playing on? I started playing WoW for the first time on 10/29 and now have a lvl 34 Orc Shaman on Shadow Moon. Some guys at work got me hooked, damn game is like digital crack got over 8 days played so far...

-Tony

Don't forget to register or post an update to the list.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2005, 08:45:23 AM »

Wisperwind - Bunch of alliance

Dark Iron - Bunch of Horde

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2005, 12:03:45 PM »

Cenerion Circle (roleplaying PvE server).

60th dwarf priest
60th dwarf warrior
60th dwarf hunter
35th gnome warlock
31st dwarf rogue
20th dwarf paladin

Also got a 26th orc hunter on Kirin Tor. He is my money-maker to help fund my bloodelves when the expansion gets released next year.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 07:25:33 PM »

Morgul  level 60 undead mage

My wife has a 60 undead priest.

Also have a 20 druid and 27 warrior....  But, I dont really have alot of alternates, because I raid everynight....  Although every class seems cool and would be fun to play.

Gedd is correct about warlocks...   They are constantly in the top 10 and the top 5 on raids, (sometimes even #1), mean at pvp, etc.   Banish is a neccessity on some encounters.  
So I do not really see  how anyone can say theyre a broken class...  not by a longshot.   In fact, they are mean, at least at the high end game.
No shame in their game.

There is no broken class in wow, its the most balanced I have ever seen, and everyone of them is unique and different.  I would love to play them all.   Maybe not "perfect", but better then any other MMORPG I have played, including eq1 and eq2.

If you really want to see some class whiner forums, go look at the mage forums...

But, anyways, great game toe...  been loving it for the past several months now...   My guild is working on rag right now, and , I hate paladins..   :lol:
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2005, 04:12:34 PM »

I'm in also. :p
warning

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2005, 03:06:04 PM »

I hate you guys.  I'm back in as well after about 4 months.

I just found out my old Lvl 33 NE Hunter (who I haven't really played for a year) was given a free respec.  What's a good way to rebuild my long-forgotten hunter? I'll mostly solo her. I remember using my kitty pretty heavily while I picked off the baddies with my phat blunderbuss.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2005, 06:16:31 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

I hate you guys.  I'm back in as well after about 4 months.

I just found out my old Lvl 33 NE Hunter (who I haven't really played for a year) was given a free respec.  What's a good way to rebuild my long-forgotten hunter? I'll mostly solo her. I remember using my kitty pretty heavily while I picked off the baddies with my phat blunderbuss.

Hey Warning. Weren't you Kirasol on WW when we had AH? Let me know if you have any interest in coming back to the guild, we merged with another guild a few months back.

As for the hunter, the talent refund was given when they redid the talent system. A good solo build is to put points in beast and marks. They made the beast tree much more feasible and useful for leveling, although the really nice new talents are higher up than you are now.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2005, 06:57:33 PM »

Yeah that was me.   Tongue

I'm not sure how much use I'll be to a guild now.  I'm guessing I'll play a night or two a week, here and there.  If I get bitten by the bug I'll look you guys up.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2005, 09:28:57 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Yeah that was me.   Tongue

I'm not sure how much use I'll be to a guild now.  I'm guessing I'll play a night or two a week, here and there.  If I get bitten by the bug I'll look you guys up.

Hey cool, I sent you a mail on Windrunner.  Bovine Conspiracy has a guild there now (though most of us are playing Alliance on Aggramar nowadays), and it'd be great to have you.

Just Hiro will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: