http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 03:52:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warhammer Online headed to Open Beta on 9/7  (Read 46977 times)
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »

You seem to keep avoiding the question people are asking you.  Please give an example of two classes of the same archetype (on the same side) that are identical.  For example, someone asked to compare Warrior Priest vs Archmage.  They are both healers, please tell us how they are identical.

I don't keep avoiding anything. You keep claiming I've said they're identical. I haven't.

I've said that they feel that way to me - which is not to say that there's no difference, but that the differences are negligible to me.

The two classes I've got most playtime with are the Witch Hunter and the Witch Elf - because that's the kind of class that typically appeals to me. They both get exactly the same kind of abilities at the same level. For instance, Witch Hunter gets to load bullets in his gun and Witch Elf gets to poison her blades - that's two different things - but they have the same basic function. The first bullets Witch Hunter gets slows his enemy target, while the Witch Elf gets poison that does the same thing - except there's a slight variation on how the slowing mechanic is implemented.

They both get the exact same (crappy) stealth mechanic at level 10 - but they're called two different things.

I don't recall names and mechanics for that many abilities, and I really don't feel like arguing what's basically just my perception of the classes. For each example I could give, you could counter with "but the slowing effect works differently here" and I'd say "to me they're the same".

Also, I'm aware that the Witch Hunter has a gun which gives him limited range abilities, where the Witch Elf is slightly more restricted because her thrown weapon is not integral to the class. Guess what? That difference is just not enough for me.

You see? It's just my personal opinion and shouldn't be important to anyone else, except if they share the same need for variation.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:04:10 PM by DArtagnan » Logged
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2008, 02:00:51 PM »

Actually, it sounds like he's saying they are not identical but are "basically the same" with different names being put on abilities that do the same thing; and that it's not unique enough for him personally.

That's the point. The aforementioned healers - War Priest and Archmage - are so ridiculously different and play so completely different, they only way to feel they are "basically the same" is to play them to level 4 without using any of the 3 abilities given to them in the begining. Or rather not play them at all.

I would like to see someone comment on this statement.  The bold text is obviously mine, but only cause it's important to me.  Any varying thoughts on Dartagnan's comment here?

It's tough to give any thoughts on Dart's comments. They are so generic and don't mention a single fact. Is he talking about a newbie zone? Upper T1? T2-T4?

It's definitely true for the newbie zone, like in any other game. You get quests to ge from point A to B, then from B to C, from C to D.

By mid T1 though you get quests to get from point A to B, A to C and A to D. It's up to you where you want to go. When you do get to point B, you might find a questgiver there that will send you to point E. While wandering around you will encounter a Public Quest, etc.

Zones get bigger too, so your options on where to go keep expanding. With little effort you can travel to another pairing (Human vs. Chaos for example) and do some questing/exploring there. The game doesn't force you to go there. It will give you a quest pointing in that direction just to let you know the option is there, but it's your choice whether to go there or not. It's kind of like questing in The Barrens and getting a quest to visit Sepulcher.

Hehe, following Dart's manner of presenting information I'd say - my feeling is that the game does not force you down one way and allows you to make decisions where you want to go, so free exploration is totally possible (and beneficial).
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2008, 02:04:55 PM »

Interesting that they're doing the Archtype system for their classes, as that's exactly what EQ2 does (4 Archtypes, 6 classes each, spread across Good and Evil, or something close to that as far as the numbers go anyway). And like WO apparently, all healers will be able to heal, but do so in different ways. EQ2 for example, uses 4 (I think) methods - direct healing (Templar), heal over time (Fury/Warden), auto-heals when you get hit (not sure offhand), and heals that cause your max HP to go up for a short time, causing a 'buffer' before you start taking real damage again (also not sure).

All the healer classes can heal, but they specialize in different ways. But all of them can more than do their job.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2008, 02:14:36 PM »

To be honest, I don't feel it's worth the trouble of going back and forth on this pointless debate. Last time I tried to warn people that AoC might have flaws I was nearly crucified because I hadn't played the game to level 80 and obviously had the wrong impression. Right.

All I can say is that my impression of the game didn't come out of nowhere. I'm sure everyone who disagrees with me here has several level 40 characters with extensive playtime - or maybe they're just having a different take on this.

Time will be the judge - and if it turns out that classes really are that different - well then I'll be wrong and no one will agree with me. Of course, there are several complaints stating the EXACT same thing on various boards (like MMORPG and Warhammeralliance) but we could all be wrong.

I'll let you be the judge and leave this thread.

Have fun in the game.
DOSHIGH
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2008, 02:15:05 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on August 21, 2008, 12:52:30 PM

Quote from: DArtagnan on August 20, 2008, 09:17:03 PM

One major criticism I have, though, is that the areas I've seen - so far - have been structured to literally PUSH you ahead towards the next one. It's like a set journey that you must follow, and it doesn't encourage free exploration like is the case in WoW. They might as well light up the path to take to proceed. That's just another part of how the game is designed to move you forward until you reach the RvR heavy stages.

I would like to see someone comment on this statement.  The bold text is obviously mine, but only cause it's important to me.  Any varying thoughts on Dartagnan's comment here?

I pretty much agree with Dart on this, the game generally doesn't have big areas for exploration in the zones.  Quests basically lead you along a path from one chapter to the next. Fortunately each 'race' has its own completely different path so there isn't repetition leveling a new toon unless you pick the same race.  The game is definitely geared more toward PvP/RvR but the PQ's are fun when PVE'ing as long as there's enough people around to complete them.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2008, 03:00:56 PM »

To be honest, I don't feel it's worth the trouble of going back and forth on this pointless debate. Last time I tried to warn people that AoC might have flaws I was nearly crucified because I hadn't played the game to level 80 and obviously had the wrong impression. Right.

The main flaw of AoC was/is the lack of mid- and endgame and you weren't trying to warn people against that.

Besides, before that you were praising Hellgate and look how that worked out. biggrin
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2008, 03:02:09 PM »

Quote from: DArtagnan on August 21, 2008, 01:59:20 PM

The two classes I've got most playtime with are the Witch Hunter and the Witch Elf - because that's the kind of class that typically appeals to me. They both get exactly the same kind of abilities at the same level.

And yet again you completely missed the point.  You just compared two classes on opposite sides.  None of us were claiming that classes on opposite sides are very different.

Ok since you won't give an example of two classes on the same side that belong to the same archetype yet play very differently, I'll do it.

Warrior Priest vs Arch Mage.  WP gains points as he melees, he can then use these points to cast healing spells.  He has good armor so can take a beating while meleeing in the front line.  AM is a more traditional healer.  He doesn't have good armor so he stays back.  He's got good offensive dots.  The more offensive spells he casts, the more powerful his heals become and vice versa.  You've got to be crazy to think that these two healers play alike.  BTW if you've played Vanguard, think Disciple and Blood Mage.  It's not exactly like that but I'm pretty sure Mythic has had scouts playing VG.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2008, 03:21:59 PM »

Quote from: skystride on August 21, 2008, 03:02:09 PM

Quote from: DArtagnan on August 21, 2008, 01:59:20 PM

The two classes I've got most playtime with are the Witch Hunter and the Witch Elf - because that's the kind of class that typically appeals to me. They both get exactly the same kind of abilities at the same level.

And yet again you completely missed the point.  You just compared two classes on opposite sides.  None of us were claiming that classes on opposite sides are very different.

Ok since you won't give an example of two classes on the same side that belong to the same archetype yet play very differently, I'll do it.

Warrior Priest vs Arch Mage.  WP gains points as he melees, he can then use these points to cast healing spells.  He has good armor so can take a beating while meleeing in the front line.  AM is a more traditional healer.  He doesn't have good armor so he stays back.  He's got good offensive dots.  The more offensive spells he casts, the more powerful his heals become and vice versa.  You've got to be crazy to think that these two healers play alike.  BTW if you've played Vanguard, think Disciple and Blood Mage.  It's not exactly like that but I'm pretty sure Mythic has had scouts playing VG.

You pinpointed what was bothering me about his statement and I couldn't put my finger on it.  Comparing the Witch Hunter to the Witch Elf and then complaining they aren't different enough is like saying that an Alliance Mage isn't different enough from a Horde Mage in WoW.  That's just silly.
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2008, 03:24:44 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 21, 2008, 02:04:55 PM

Interesting that they're doing the Archtype system for their classes, as that's exactly what EQ2 does (4 Archtypes, 6 classes each, spread across Good and Evil, or something close to that as far as the numbers go anyway). And like WO apparently, all healers will be able to heal, but do so in different ways. EQ2 for example, uses 4 (I think) methods - direct healing (Templar), heal over time (Fury/Warden), auto-heals when you get hit (not sure offhand), and heals that cause your max HP to go up for a short time, causing a 'buffer' before you start taking real damage again (also not sure).

All the healer classes can heal, but they specialize in different ways. But all of them can more than do their job.

Yeah, archetyping is an interesting choice.  The healers in EQ2 are actually set up this way (3 different heal types):  Direct Heals (Priests - Templar or Inquisitor), Heal Over Time or "HoT" (Druids - Fury or Warden), or Damage Shields (Shamen - Mystic or Defiler).  EQ2 has done a great job at balancing out each of the healers to make each useful, but it took a little time before they got to that point.  It seems like War may be trying to emulate this approach, but with a few less classes initially.  

This is always a problem that new MMORPGs face - games like EQ2 and WoW are very balanced and solid, and they have so much more content due to the updates and expansions.  I mean, EQ2 has like 20 races or so now, along with the 24 classes.  The classes may just be different flavors, but with such a selection it means that there is quite a bit of variety in the characters you run across in game.  AoC failed for me for a variety of reasons, but the main thing I noticed is that the graphical improvement in that game was not significant enough over EQ2 or WoW to really make up for the lack of content (and the implementation - the way "zones" were connected really stunk, imho) after Tortuga.  Heck, even with the "better" graphics, characters often looked remarkably similar in their drab armor - I waited for a few months for a massive addition to the armor models, but I finally gave up.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »

I love the archetype approach.  One of the best parts of playing EQ2 or VG is that the healers don't just heal differently, they function differently in encounters.  I've always liked the idea of damage shields flat out preventing damage (EQ2-Shaman), or beating the crap out of things while healing (VG-Disciple).  It is a great way to differentiate the way healing is accomplished. 

I also think it's just human nature to want to be a bit different than everyone else, because it makes us feel "special" in some way.  That's why I was so curious about the different "trees" in Warhammer.  John the Archmage and Mark the Archmage bring the same basic thing to a party, but they are different enough to definately notice when you are grouped with John as opposed to Mark.

If Warhammer captured that, it would be a big feather in it's cap for me personally.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2008, 03:48:14 PM »

Well, I'm not saying that Dart's concerns aren't valid, but a new "first impressions" post is now up at MMORPG.com.  In the post (link below), Jon Wood actually says he thinks Mythic did a good job of making each career feel significantly different than others.  That sounds positive.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/239/feature/2140
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2008, 03:49:14 PM »

lets not forget Guilds have 40 levels too!!  lets not forget you actually get to burn down the othersides capital.

I am a bitter old gamer who doesnt have time to waste,  but having tested WAR some,  umm I am in trouble.  This game is gonna be a huge hit.  My only  ONLY reservation is the need to make the gameplay a 'tad' smoother.  ( but lets remember I played with 2000 people jammed into basically under level 20)

so I would recommend anyone who thinks they may like this, give it a try.  Will everyone love it?  of course not,  but this IS GOING to be the next big MMO,  and you'll be sorry if you missed it.

I predict 2 million US subscribers alone by xmas ( thus challenging WOW here in the US)
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2008, 03:51:42 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on August 20, 2008, 07:51:54 PM

How would you rate the job Mythic did in making the same classes feel very different if specced down different specialty trees?

When do you really start feeling like your Shadowhunter/Archmage/etc.. specced down Line A is truly different from your buddies Shadowhunter/Archmage/etc... specced down Line B?

Subjective question of course, but this type of thing really interests me.

Well, all I can say is that just like other MMOs/RPGs there are some trees that are helpful and others that could use some work. It ends up being a matter of trade-offs though which IMHO there should be.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2008, 03:58:40 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 20, 2008, 04:47:12 PM

More technical slywink

Resolution isn't capped, but the detail settings are.

I am playing with all settings set to the highest level and at 1920 x 1200. In fact, the screen shot I posted earlier is at that level
I think the game world looks more amazing through vibrant colors, detail and textures than I have seen in any other MMO

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2008, 04:47:34 PM »

This is the first MMO that I haven't beta'd in a long time.  I am really looking forward to it, but I am afraid my PC isn't going to handle it all that well, so it looks like I am going to be building a new PC.  (Needed it anyway for FO3 in October, so will just be a bit early...)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2008, 05:13:53 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on August 21, 2008, 03:58:40 PM

More technical slywink

I am playing with all settings set to the highest level and at 1920 x 1200. In fact, the screen shot I posted earlier is at that level
I think the game world looks more amazing through vibrant colors, detail and textures than I have seen in any other MMO

What are your PC specs Dave?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2008, 05:55:39 PM »

More technical slywink

am I missing something?  all I've ever seen are about 3 graphics settings- video resolution, an option for PvE graphics quailtiy and the one right next to that.  I think there might be a 4th option, but I cannot remember off hand.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2008, 06:08:41 PM »

One major criticism I have, though, is that the areas I've seen - so far - have been structured to literally PUSH you ahead towards the next one. It's like a set journey that you must follow, and it doesn't encourage free exploration like is the case in WoW. They might as well light up the path to take to proceed. That's just another part of how the game is designed to move you forward until you reach the RvR heavy stages.

I would like to see someone comment on this statement.  The bold text is obviously mine, but only cause it's important to me.  Any varying thoughts on Dartagnan's comment here?

I'd actually completely disagree with this general criticism.  Yes, the game is somewhat structured around a particular quest chain when you first start if you choose to lock yourself down that path (no pun intended), but in no way are you forced to play only this way.  It's simply an easier way to play, and how many have inadvertently trained themselves to play, mostly from WoW - I'm talking about the whole follow the quest breadcrumb routine.  It's there if you want it to be, let's put it that way.

However, unlike WoW and other games, you can just as easily completely ignore the breadcrumbs, queue up for a scenario and run right to the first warcamp and start RvR-ing.  Or run to the first open PQ and start leeching, I mean contributing, and winning phat lewt.  Or fly to a completely different starter zone and explore there.  This can all happen within the opening minutes of when you login, and I am not exaggerating that fact.

I have started characters from scratch close to 10 times, and never have I played the same way twice.  The very first time I played I tried to play the traditional WoW way, from one solo PvE quest to another, but eventually every play session I would come upon something and get distracted and completely go away from that.  One time I levelled a couple times simply running around and flying from zone to zone and exploring.  Because of the exploration type of xp (and always remembering to right click on new mobs as that also gives xp), you are 100% encouraged to explore freely; in fact you are rewarded for it handsomely.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2008, 06:30:44 PM »

Well you can turn off the quest help and wonder until you find it. You can freely explore if you want. You will unlock tome achievements because the majority is hidden. You unlock them by finding people, killing mobs, discovery a new area. things like that. as it necessary a bad thing if you they lead you to the next area? Not really, no. The game isn't pve centric this is what people must understand. Mythic is doing what they can to give the RvR'ers a quick launch into leveling. I personally didn't mind it and i spent a lot of time exploring in wow and AC1. But then again, I wanna rvr and not fuss around on boring AI.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »

Ok, servers should be up in a few hours. Is there any word on whether we will be using the Hi-res client or the low-res one?

But probably they're more concerned about just getting the servers stressed to see how they perform this week end.

Getting a bit excited to play. The hype was huge with this one, but the beta-tester feed back has been by far and away more positive than anything else.

We'll see.

Now to figure out what will be my starting race\class.
I think I'll try a High Elf ranged class first. Think I'll call him...Leggomyeggo...(just another variation of Legolas, kinda, dontcha think?)

Grace: Unmerited favor.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2008, 10:16:53 AM »

i've only downloaded 2 patches about 4 megs each. doesn't look like high res is in, yet.

also i doubt the servers going to be up any time soon. mythic said they want pretty much everyone in if/when shit hits the fan. i'd venture noon'ish whatever time zone they're in.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »

Good luck in the preview weekend, guys! be sure to post your impressions here :-)

as usual though (whine follows), EU gets screwed over, since the preview took the euro partner GOA by surprise...sigh... Which doesnt bode well for the european release as I see it, when something as simple as this wasnt communicated...

A new one
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2008, 12:16:14 PM »

I'm waiting on my key.  I've not even started on the long journey to download the damned client.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2008, 01:02:09 PM »

Yeah, that part scares me.  How big is it again?  I'm on 1.5 download at the mmoent, so....
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2008, 01:24:27 PM »

also i doubt the servers going to be up any time soon. mythic said they want pretty much everyone in if/when shit hits the fan. i'd venture noon'ish whatever time zone they're in.

If I understand it correctly, the servers are already up. I am at work, so can't check it.

Good luck!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on August 22, 2008, 01:02:09 PM

Yeah, that part scares me.  How big is it again?  I'm on 1.5 download at the mmoent, so....

it's about 10 gigs, give or take 1 gig.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2008, 03:07:35 PM »

Quote from: Fez on August 21, 2008, 03:48:14 PM

Well, I'm not saying that Dart's concerns aren't valid, but a new "first impressions" post is now up at MMORPG.com.  In the post (link below), Jon Wood actually says he thinks Mythic did a good job of making each career feel significantly different than others.  That sounds positive.

What does he mean the character is on a disc - does that mean the characters don't 'walk'?

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2008, 03:12:38 PM »

Put in about 3 hours this morning:

First impressions-

Public Quests are fun.
It is funny to see a hundred bald guys with brown robes and warhammers run around a village.
Kindred the Embraced is just a horrible, horrible TV show, even if its only on in the background while you play a video game.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on August 21, 2008, 05:13:53 PM

More technical slywink

What are your PC specs Dave?

E8400 Core Duo 3.0 GHz
4 GBs Ram
8800 GT 512
24 inch Dell Monitor
Win XP

DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2008, 03:51:30 PM »

Quote from: Tals on August 22, 2008, 03:07:35 PM

What does he mean the character is on a disc - does that mean the characters don't 'walk'?

Tals

That is correct. The lore has something to do wiith being above other people so they don't walk the earth as it is beneath them

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2008, 05:52:45 PM »

Quote from: DamageInc on August 22, 2008, 03:51:30 PM

Quote from: Tals on August 22, 2008, 03:07:35 PM

Tals

That is correct. The lore has something to do wiith being above other people so they don't walk the earth as it is beneath them

It's the Magus class only, very cool.  The funny thing is for the first couple weeks I was in beta I kept complaining that I had a bug that made some characters appear to be floating across the screen.  I thought it was lag or something.  I felt pretty stupid when I found out they were supposed to be  icon_biggrin
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »

Trying to figure out why I get dropped to desktop after about half hour of play time. Happens every time.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2008, 06:58:59 PM »

Xfire is quite cool where it comes to games

http://www.xfire.com/games/who/Warhammer_Online_Age_of_Reckoning/

Is the Warhammer Online page complete with latest videos and pop count (from xfire users). Looks like there are some quite nice videos there

Tals

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2008, 01:43:09 AM »

Ok, I was already needing a new system because I have FO3 preordered while owning a system that couldn't really run it, so I have made a purchase.  Any suggestions on where would be best to preorder this?  I am hoping to preorder the CE.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2008, 03:32:05 AM »

Ok, trying to play for first time, getting an error "Failed to create render device - application will now terminate". Any idea what drivers etc are required? Mine haven't been updated in a while probably, but I don't recall any similar issues... Can my system even work?

I also have an older system that is obviously not ideal (though I could re-download to my wife's which is a bit newer).

Athlon XP 2800
1GB ram
Radeon X800 GTO
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on August 23, 2008, 03:32:05 AM

Ok, trying to play for first time, getting an error "Failed to create render device - application will now terminate". Any idea what drivers etc are required? Mine haven't been updated in a while probably, but I don't recall any similar issues... Can my system even work?

I also have an older system that is obviously not ideal (though I could re-download to my wife's which is a bit newer).

Athlon XP 2800
1GB ram
Radeon X800 GTO

first off, I assume you'r running xp? Vista needs 2gb ram to run the game, I seem to remember, and generally, you'd be a lot better of with some more ram. Rendering devices is your graphics card, you should always update that to the newest edition of driver - both for perfomance but also for it to actually work with newer games :-)

A new one
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2008, 01:11:47 PM »

Ok, it was just the drivers. Now it runs (though not very well). My wife was unimpressed though, so I might be able to talk her into a new computer! Hehe, that would work out nicely. Having fun with it, but as I said... it doesn't run particularly well and I think it set graphics to their worst.
DamageInc

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2008, 05:51:45 PM »

Here's a preview weekend shot so this is a non-elder server screen shot for those still looking at the graphcs

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »

Question... do characters survive after beta or should I just play a bunch of variety so I know what I want to play when it starts for real?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »

Quite fun outrunning the blast and having the guys chasing you get incinerated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: