http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 09:57:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to try something new? Albatross 18  (Read 2924 times)
Zarkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 12, 2005, 04:45:58 AM »

Used to be known as Pangya, and is available free at this website.  

I'm going to be checking it out myself.  It's free to download and play, you can buy bonuses for real cash, which seems to be the norm for Korean-imported MMOs.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 05:54:42 PM »

lemme knmow how it goes

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 08:23:25 PM »

It's insanely cute, and pretty damn fun.  Imagine Hot Shots Golf MMOG.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 10:05:24 PM »

Wow Zarkon Im suprised you are comparing it to hot shots. I can't stand this MMO even though I very much appreciate what they are trying to do. The golf is just awful to me frown
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 12:01:22 AM »

I honestly don't see much wrong with it.  It's got about the same style as HSG (click once to start, once to set and once to finish) and you set up your back spin and everything after you set.  

Calvin, what's your issues with it, maybe we can hash more things out on it. smile  

BTW:  This isn't me as staff bringing this up, btw, this is me as a gamer.  But I will state that the more varied MMOs out there, the better.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 04:38:02 AM »

I gave it a quick whirl (one game so far). I don't play golf games. The last Golf game I played with any effort was probably Links 386. I do own Mario Golf but booted it up once and then never really played it.

So I was leary about it but it's free and the videos were kinda neat so I gave it try. Played a 5 or 6 hole game against another person there which went off really well. I lost big time but the person I was playing with was good natured so I had a good time.

You basically win money for getting par or below, or if you win, then can spend that money on buying new clubs, balls, outfits, caddy's, and other stuff to liven things up. There are stats that improve as you play and you buy disposable items to use during your shots to improve your aim, power, whatever.

I would be interested to hear the pricing plan on this one. I didn't quite think there was an interest in this style online game but could be wrong.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 04:42:53 AM »

Like many of the Korean MMOGs, the pricing plan is simple.  The game is free to download and free to play.  You are able to purchase in-game cash with real money to use on certain things, but you're not forced to do so.  You can probably do just fine without 'em.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 05:42:22 PM »

Loved this game, forgot about it.  Remembered it today and found out it shut down a couple weeks ago. frown

Pangya is still up and running but it's not the same when not in English (plus my cool shit is gone. )
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 02:12:59 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 04, 2009, 05:42:22 PM

Loved this game, forgot about it.  Remembered it today and found out it shut down a couple weeks ago. frown

Pangya is still up and running but it's not the same when not in English (plus my cool shit is gone. )

Looks like I am even later in the know than you. I came here to post this same message. I played this game off and on for years. It was a nice little 30-60 minutes distraction when I wanted some quick fun.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 02:34:11 AM »

The game is supposed to be reopening with a new company running it.  They are copying over the old data files so we shuoldn't lose our stuff.  no real eta
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 09:54:37 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 28, 2009, 02:34:11 AM

The game is supposed to be reopening with a new company running it.  They are copying over the old data files so we shuoldn't lose our stuff.  no real eta

My account information got transferred today. They saved my characters, clothing, potions and experience level. I lost my pang, stats, xp for my current level Senior B and course records. The course records can work in my favor since I would usually sand bag the courses at the end to make sure I only beat my record by 1 shot starting at -1. That was good for an extra 1000 pang per round. I didn't see any new content though. I was hoping there might be new courses or something.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: