http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 08:44:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to start CoH and CoV  (Read 1138 times)
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2005, 03:55:53 PM »

I have always wanted to start playing CoH but I never got around to it.

I ended up playing WoW instead and while I did have alot of fun with it, my 3 month subscription is almost up and I am pretty much burned out on the game anyways.

So I was really thinking about starting up with CoH and CoV since it is almost out.

First question:  Has anyone heard if there is going to be a package that you can buy that will have both in it?  

Second question: If I have to buy them seperately, is there a recommendation on which one I should start out with?   In a way I think it would be nice to start off with CoV since I would begin when everyone else does but another thought makes me think that it may be smarter to start off with CoH since there will be less players for awhile (since tons of people will go start playing CoV the day it comes out)

I really do not know much about the games other than it is based on Super Heroes and Villians (always a good thing).
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 04:26:13 PM »

Another question I would like to ask..

I looked on Bestbuy.com and I did not see anything about CoH coming with a one month subscription already provided.  

Does anyone know if it does come with one like WoW did?

Thanks
Crawley
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 06:32:45 PM »

I haven't heard about them packaging them both together. Likely will at some point down the road.

While browsing through Best Buy they had a bunch of City of Heroes - The Bootleg Edition for free. It didn't say what it was but I picked up two (one for the wife). Turns out its a 14-day free trial version of City of Heroes. I guess the regular $30 box version gets you a full month free, but I'm not complaining. I think you can also download the 14-day free trail from the web site but not positive.

Since we enjoyed the CoV beta we figured we would give it a go. It's very similar which validates those comments that, at least in the beginning, CoV is CoH with new textures. CoH does have a few shortcomings which CoV had taken care of so I hope it gets fixed in a patch; the main one being that you won't get credit for completing the same instanced dungeon mission if you are helping someone with that mission.

So hopefully that fix as well as a few other small gripes that were not in CoV will appear in CoH patch.

As far as which one to play first. Well the wifey and I are at stage where we rarely join a MMORPG in the first week of release. Usually its a headache with lag issues, over crowding, and long fequent patch downloads. So we're fine with testing the waters in CoH for a few weeks until they get the initial issues worked out and overcrowding of the newbie areas moves elsewhere up the chain.

CoH is pretty fun although it is pretty clear its going to turn in to a level grind. But hell I want those new powers.  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: