http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 09:06:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanderers invite you  (Read 8659 times)
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2004, 06:25:07 PM »

In every MMO I can think of there is a "/guild quit " type of command.  You can't be held hostage.  ninja
unbreakable
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2004, 09:37:47 AM »

Please add your characters to the WoW player list thread
JuniorDan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2004, 04:28:50 AM »

I hate all you fuc-in people in here. :x
Now I will be picking one up tomarrow.
I just cancled my CoH account.
I better find some of you guys on
becaues I still could not find the GGrs on CoH, to this date.
You must make some kind of money on the side for the way
you all make people run out and buy games they never even
taught of getting.

PS:The opener was sarcastic remark, I got nothing but love for everone in here. biggrin

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2004, 05:21:24 PM »

I have been unable to access the Wanderers forum for a couple of days.  What up wit dat?

Also, do I need a credit card to play my "free" month?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2004, 07:59:12 PM »

Wanderers hasha  been down for maintenance.  We do have a backup site that i can't remember off hand at the moment.  It's been down for a few days so i suspect it'll be back any day.
And as far as i know, you'll definitely need a credit card to play the free trial.  You do have to enter it at registering.

Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2004, 08:41:55 PM »

Backup site is currently at http://forums.wandertech.net .  Someone is currently working to try to get the old site back up and running, but there were some database issues so we're not sure how long it's going to be down.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2004, 08:55:50 PM »

Does the Wanderers have a PvP offshoot?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2004, 12:32:50 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Does the Wanderers have a PvP offshoot?

Not at the moment LE.  The leadership decided to focus on the PvE server .   The guild in general is hoping that the Battlegrounds will give everyone the PvP envirnoment that some  of our members want badly

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
unbreakable
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2004, 06:15:53 AM »

Quote from: "IkeVandergraaf"
I have been unable to access the Wanderers forum for a couple of days.  What up wit dat?

Also, do I need a credit card to play my "free" month?

I believe that is the case at the moment, unless you also purchase a monthly card.  But I havent seen the cards anywhere.

I know they are also working on getting Paypal account payments, but I havent heard much on it (because it doesnt effect me  Tongue )
lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2004, 04:55:43 PM »

Damn you all, CGE kicking in...haven't played with the Wanderers since Legionne in SWG last year, but this is soooOOOoooo tempting!   I may be driving to Best Buy today, heh.  

Only problem is that I really wasn't interested in the Horde.   :cry:

Maybe I will try Rage's crew and go Alliance?  Makes me feel traitorous though.  Sigh...

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Zoyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2004, 08:56:43 AM »

I'm planning to apply to the Wanderers as soon as I buy the game, which should be right around Christmas. I played the hell out of my alliance characters during beta, so I'm looking forward to trying the Horde.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2004, 12:41:27 PM »

After finally joining them last night I can recommend them fully.  The noise to quality ratio is extremely good, it's nice having guildmates helping each other out and being able to ask a question and actually having it answered is great.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2004, 04:23:51 PM »

I took a quick look at the wanderers forum, and it seems distinctly unfriendly.  Maybe I'm just not experienced enough with the big massively mutiplayer games, and this is how it works, but there appear to be lots of meetings and I don't really understand how the sponsor thing works.  

I'm just looking for some grownups to play horde with.  Am I misreading things, or are the wanderers not for me?
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2004, 05:39:20 PM »

Quote from: "ChrisGwinn"
I took a quick look at the wanderers forum, and it seems distinctly unfriendly.  Maybe I'm just not experienced enough with the big massively mutiplayer games, and this is how it works, but there appear to be lots of meetings and I don't really understand how the sponsor thing works.  

I'm just looking for some grownups to play horde with.  Am I misreading things, or are the wanderers not for me?

I have grouped with the wanderers and found them to be a good bunch of people.  Remember that an online organization of diverse people most of who do not know each other in RL may have a different dynamic then you are used to in other organizations.  Don't rule them out based on their boards unless there are a bunch of angry high schoolers ranting about being leet and slamming other people(and this is NOT what happens on the wanderers forums).   I recomend joining them and giving them a chance.

Smaller guilds tend to be more friendly but smaller guilds give you less people to group with and less of a force to bring to bear for PvP.  Big guilds can be a chaotic cluster fornication unless someone takes a lot of personal time organizing them.  Part of organizing a big guild is not just having an open induction policy but requireing a member to vouch for you or sponser you(correct me if I worded this wrong).

I decided to play alliance because my RL SO does not like ugly horde women.  I am also playing on whisperwind but on the alliance side with a guild called Almost Heroes.  They are a good bunch of mature people(except for me  :wink: ).
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2004, 05:51:09 PM »

Quote from: "ChrisGwinn"

They are not too strict on the sponsership requirements now if someone already in vouches for you or you have a proven record on a board like here.  Basically you introduce yourself and "sign" their online terms of conduct.  Then send a tell in-game to one of the officers and they'll take it from there.  I had no problems and ignore their boards...they are a lot friendlier and helpful in-game.  I have seen any language issues, fights and the average age seems to be low 30's (same with levels at this point Tongue)
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2004, 06:00:05 PM »

Thanks for the input.  

I play with Almost Heroes on the alliance side of things, but I wanted to try out the hordelands.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2004, 06:25:52 PM »

This isnt a slam against the Wanderers just a suggestion for an alternative. A RL friend and I play Horde on Blackhand, we are in a smallish(about 30 people)guild with some very nice folks I met during Closed Beta. If your just looking to check out and explore the Horde side a bit my friend and I play every night from about 7pm EST till about midnight. Just send a tell to Ythgar in game.
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2004, 08:29:32 PM »

http://www.whisperwind.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17

Interesting statistics about whisperwind.

Note that The Wanderers are the top horde guild by xp.
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2004, 01:30:05 AM »

Sorry If we seem a little " unfriendly",  (hint- we are not at all)  right now however we are just trying to  make sure that people who want to join us, really want to join us.   As the most powerful Horde guild in Whisperwind we don't want hanger ons and power gamers just jumping on board.  We were formed in GG several years ago, and we still have a huge number of GG,CG, and OO players along with there friends, and families.  Heck how many other Guilds can say they have at least 8 husband and wife teams and scores of family members.  smile.  So sorry if we came off "mean",  thats not what's happening at all.

Happy Holidays Guys, and may we all have a Great Gaming New Year  smile
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2004, 02:29:12 AM »

Quote from: "TC Weidner"
Sorry If we seem a little " unfriendly",  (hint- we are not at all)  right now however we are just trying to  make sure that people who want to join us, really want to join us.   As the most powerful Horde guild in Whisperwind we don't want hanger ons and power gamers just jumping on board.  We were formed in GG several years ago, and we still have a huge number of GG,CG, and OO players along with there friends, and families.  Heck how many other Guilds can say they have at least 8 husband and wife teams and scores of family members.  smile.  So sorry if we came off "mean",  thats not what's happening at all.

If it were not for the ugly horde females you might have had another couple.  But my SO refused to play an ugly orc or a woman with bones sticking through her flesh.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2004, 04:40:20 AM »

Quote from: "TC Weidner"

It's pretty clear it was just me getting an incorrect first impression.  I've actually seen tons of wanderers running around while playing my druid, so it's clear that people are playing at the same time I am, which is also cool.  I'll have to get in touch when I get back from vacation.
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2004, 05:32:56 AM »

I am a long time Gone Golder and a recent MMORPG player.  I hooked up with the Wanderers, mainly because I recognized a large number of people from the old GG boards (sniff, sadness sets in)  I can say that they are a great group of gamers.  Ive grouped with a number of them and traded with even more and have yet to be disappointed with any in-game interaction.  Everyone has been extremely helpful.  Of course theres diversity in a large group like this.  Some take their gaming very seriously and others are very happy-go-lucky.  Still the Wanderers have made my WOW experience a lot of fun.  If you want to play a Horde character, then dont be afraid to give the Wanderers a try.  Oh and to any Wanderers who happen in on this,  please help me petition Blizzard to allow skinning elves!  I mean come on, what else are elves good for huh?  :twisted:
Semaj

View Profile
heh
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2004, 12:39:45 PM »

Rumor has it the womenfolk are nice to look at.... but i guess horde are too dumb to realise that... Damn horde smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: