http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 06:08:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanderers invite you  (Read 8751 times)
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2004, 12:57:19 AM »

We are the Wanderers, the online Gone Gold Guild you may of heard of.  We would just like to extend an invitation to you if you are currently considering playing WOW. We will be playing the Horde on WHISPERWIND

We can be found at http://www.thewanderers.us/

We are a mature gaming guild made up of professional family men and women age 20-60+

To learn more stop on by. We have a very lively WOW forum going on as well as many players in game.  We have had about 20 members testing for over a year now. We plan on having 75-100 players  in game opening week.  

We wish Rage the best of luck with your guild here and with so many options(AvH) and servers to chose from we just wanted to make ourselves an option, and once again known and invite a friendly welcome to our console gold friends.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 01:03:08 AM »

Other than a few people who seem to harbor personal animosity towards me, I can wholeheartedly reccomend the Wanderers guild if you are not interested in playing with Console Golders or with the server/side we eventually choose to play.

The balance of them are kind, fun, helpful, entertaining people to play with and the experience can be very rewarding if you avoid the unending wrath of the guild leaders.

I certainly hope many CG'ers choose to stick it out here and help us create a Console Gold guild of our own, but I wanted to be fair and let you know that they offer a refined, established gaming experience.

Pharaoh, Eightball, Rognor, Cyntax(Trey), Gwen, Rittchard, Cortilian, Babykon, and many others are simply some of the best MMO players and internet buddies around.
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:07:23 AM »

/hijack

A bunch of us are also going to be playing Everquest 2 and have a forum devoted to that as well.  Cool

/hijack off

P.S.  Falcon is the 60+ year old woman.   Tongue
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 01:10:53 AM »

Man, I'm going to have to come to your server just to enjoy Rittch again.

You guys were a riot in Horizons and FFXI.  In fact, the Wanderers were the only reason I played those awful games beyond a day or two, I'd say...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:41:46 AM »

I haven't decided if I am going to purchase WoW yet.  But if I do I am definately interested in the Wanderers.  I played Planetside with them for a short time and found the community to be very mature and friendly.  Highly recomended.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 03:08:59 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Pharaoh, Eightball, Rognor, Cyntax(Trey), Gwen, Rittchard, Cortilian, Babykon, and many others are simply some of the best MMO players and internet buddies around.

Never any love for me! Waaaaah!

P.S., Rittch, no need to post a response smile

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 03:13:15 AM »

Charlatan-its sometimes hard for me to remember who the 2-3 people that want me to go to hell and die are, but presuming you are not one of those, then yes, you rock as a player and guilder too smile
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 03:46:55 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Man, I'm going to have to come to your server just to enjoy Rittch again.

LE - you're always welcome to come play with us again.  Oh, and the comment I quoted above will most likely earn you stalkee privileges.

I'll conclude with my newest WoW proverb (based on recent official info):
Don't hate the moo moos just because they have sweet rides.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2004, 07:25:08 AM »

Well I might have un-burned out on WoW enough to start playing again when it comes out.  If so I will be back with you guys, and with luck I will last longer then I did in SWG and CoH. =)
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2004, 11:00:35 AM »

Its ok Charl I got no love either but Hamlet did call me a 60 year old woman. God my breasts are sagging  Tongue

Scott
Osprey a.k.a. Gollum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 01:45:27 PM »

I just want to interject my opinions on your guild guys..(Wanderers) I hope constructive criticism is ok??

I've been around the GG site for years...steady poster, avid trader, some say all round good guy.. :wink:

Anyway, a couple of times, way back in the good old DAoC days, I attempted to "fit" in with the Wanderers..The core of whom are still established to this day..

What I found was a good bunch of players............."IF" you got into the inner-circle of power...
Alot of times I remember asking questions a couple of times in chat without any response, whilst all the while the "inner-core" chatted away...
Not a real biggy, but enough to make new comers feel on the outside.
Like I said earlier, I dont consider myself new to this group.

I also found it hard to get some of the "higher" up players to help me out. Again, I dont think they are mean spirited, just really wrapped up in the inner circle of friends...

I know alot of people will poo-poo on my post, and thats fine. But I think as grown up men and women a little balance is always good.

Just remember fella's, when you extend a open invitation into your guild and the person makes an attempt to get to know you, open up your ranks and let them in a bit...It will go a long way to make newer and closer friends on line..

I wish you guys all the best....Oh and going Horde has got to be another negative as well.......... :twisted:  :roll:  :wink:

Worry only causes harm.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 02:12:28 PM »

Quote from: "Falcon554"

Its ok Charl I got no love either but Hamlet did call me a 60 year old woman. God my breasts are sagging  Tongue

You and Parcells, man, you look like twins!  Tongue

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 02:24:50 PM »

Quote from: "Osprey a.k.a. Gollum"
Anyway, a couple of times, way back in the good old DAoC days, I attempted to "fit" in with the Wanderers..The core of whom are still established to this day..

What I found was a good bunch of players............."IF" you got into the inner-circle of power...
Alot of times I remember asking questions a couple of times in chat without any response, whilst all the while the "inner-core" chatted away...

I also found it hard to get some of the "higher" up players to help me out. Again, I dont think they are mean spirited, just really wrapped up in the inner circle of friends...

Everyone has experiences like that in MMORPGS. Even though I"m an officer in the guild, I myself have had times when I couldn't get anyone in-guild to answer my questions or help me out. And while it sometimes feels like you need to be in a "secret inner circle" to be valued, that's not what we're about.

We play the games to have fun, to make new friends, and to hang out with old ones.  In the code of conduct it says "if you're not having fun, log off, go do something else, and come back later."

Some people value their old friendships more than making new ones. Some like exploring on their own. Some like helping others. That's because everyone is different. We're a family and as with any family, you're closer to some parts of it than to others.

I'm sorry you felt like you needed to be in some secret inner circle to be part of the gang. That's not the way it is.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 03:00:13 PM »

I just want to interject my opinions on your guild guys..(Wanderers) I hope constructive criticism is ok??

FWIW, I'm new to the Wanderers, having been one of the first to join to play City of Heroes. I think the experience you have with the group is going to vary from game to game, since not everyone plays everything, and the few who stick with it long-term will be different from game to game.  

My exeprience with CoH has been great. Generally, people were helpful in guild chat, invited me into groups when I needed a spot, etc. Now I find myself in the other chair, recruiting new folks, doling out influence to lower-level players when they need it, answering questions, helping people wiith their missions, organizing groups, etc.

I'm not part of any "inner-circle" yet I'm GM for CoH now. As I said, if the leadership for a particular game is good, that's all that will matter, but I found the Wanderers to be open and acceppting.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 03:54:57 PM »

I've been around the GG site for years...steady poster, avid trader, some say all round good guy.. :wink:

I know alot of people will poo-poo on my post, and thats fine. But I think as grown up men and women a little balance is always good.

Just remember fella's, when you extend a open invitation into your guild and the person makes an attempt to get to know you, open up your ranks and let them in a bit...It will go a long way to make newer and closer friends on line..

I wish you guys all the best....Oh and going Horde has got to be another negative as well.......... :twisted:  :roll:  :wink:

You know, I hate to say it, but I had more or less the same experience trying to fit in playing Horizons.  Most of them are pretty good guys though, and many were willing to help out eventually... I just never felt that same sense of group that others talk about.

Hopefully I'll have better luck in WoW if I decide to play Horde,
s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Osprey a.k.a. Gollum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 04:55:34 PM »

Charlatan said..I'm sorry you felt like you needed to be in some secret inner circle to be part of the gang. That's not the way it is.

I never felt I needed to be in some secret inner circle..I never once used the word, Secret.

I felt the need to be apart of a friendly guild...Thats it...

I meant no offence by my statement, but I stick by it.

Worry only causes harm.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 05:02:17 PM »

I might be interested in joining if I decide to purchase WoW (haven't played in the beta). Does anyone from your guild play on the PvP servers?
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 05:39:27 PM »

For me the biggest issue would be time zones. Are the vast majority of Wanderers in the US? Any Asia/Pacific players?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 06:04:46 PM »

Remember, we are now in the process of forming a Console Gold guild, and those of you worried about being lost in the crowd, our goal is to have a small, cozy, comfy, connected 25-30 person guild.

I figured we might as well both pimp it up at the same time.
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 07:53:53 PM »

If I get around to updating my aging computer I'm planning on trying WoW so may look you all up.

I was also in the initial Wanderers group in DAoC and after the big split I didn't like the direction it was going so left and eventually quit the game shortly thereafter.

I'm willing to forget all that since it was so long ago  smile

Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 08:30:10 PM »

Quote from: "zinckiwi"
For me the biggest issue would be time zones. Are the vast majority of Wanderers in the US? Any Asia/Pacific players?

The majority of the Wanderers are in the US, spread across the country.  You can check the WanderMap to get an idea of the distribution.  I don't think the map is all inclusive, but I'd suspect that the bulk of the guild are in the US.

That said, I think we've got a few folks who tend to play during the day more often than night, but most folks will be on in the evenings.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 08:57:11 PM »

Cool!  If I end up getting this, I'd like a good group of people to play with.  Thanks for the info!
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 09:24:02 PM »

I'm probably going to get WoW and if I do there's one guild that I want to try to get into first.  If that doesn't work, I'll check out the GG and CG guilds and see which one fits me better.

Who reads these anyway?
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 09:29:00 PM »

Is there a size limit to the Wanderers WoW guild at all?  I played for a bit in DAoC until I lost interest in the game.   CoH had an artificial guild size limitation I think, not sure if other games do or don't.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 09:49:32 PM »

I won't rehash what Charlatan and Gollum are saying except to say that yeah, what happened to Gollum can happen, though I don't think anyone wants that to be the case.  It has happened to me in games.  

Somtimes people join a chat channel or get an invite and are introduced to folks that are online at the time.  Others log on without the benefit of the introduction so they don't know the person asking the questions.  Now, that's not an excuse but maybe an explanation of why you may have felt like you got the cold shoulder.  

I'm not in the group playing WoW (I'm doing EQ2) but I've been involved in the guild since late '02 and it's a great bunch of folks, 75% of which have roots at Gone Gold.  If you are planning on playing WoW you might give it another shot.

I would also encourage anyone planning to join us to register and post at the forums (actually this is required--you have to agree to the CoC).  Semi-frequent posting is a great way to get people to recognize you in game and hey, we can all use another message board to frequent eh?

Whatever your decision I hope you can find a good guild to play with.  That makes the games IMHO.

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
Pi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2004, 03:07:25 AM »

I recently joined the Wanderers, since I was playing CoH and the GG guild decided to merge with them.  So far, I have had nothing but good experiences with the guild.  I've sidekicked on a high end mission and I've had someone be willing to be an exemplar for me so I could finish a mission I was soloing.  I'm a casual player, and I've enjoyed the professionalism and friendliness of the group whenever I've logged on.
Ender
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2004, 06:33:01 AM »

the wanderers have come a long way since the daoc days.  We are more diverse and spread across more games.  Friendships form but they take time for trust to build.  I have enjoyed all my contact with them and find them to be very generous if given the chance.  

-Ender
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2004, 07:38:26 AM »

No one talks to you when you first join. There are too many people. No one talked to me personally for like two weeks until I started to become a fixture, and then over time, my identity, quirks, playstyle, and everything merge together into the guild mentality and core, and bingo, Im a Wanderer, and loved and worshipped by all! Yup, thats exactly it!
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 03:23:46 PM »

only a few days now smile
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2004, 12:16:34 AM »

Since no one said anything tThe Wanderers will be playing Horde PvE.  I know the CG guild will be going Alliance PvE, so if anyone wants to try Horde looks us up.

Tauren Shaman 4 the winz!!!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2004, 06:49:27 AM »

For you Horde lovers , the wanderers have chosen whisper wind on the central servers as their new home.  CG members are welcome.

To Rage and the CG Alliance Guild , we wish you the best of luck,  have a blast.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2004, 07:55:38 AM »

We wish the wanderers all the best. You may see us sooner than you think smile
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2004, 04:22:45 PM »

Does WoW have an equivalent of City of Heroes' sidekick system?  I like the idea of having a game to play with other people, but I won't be starting this week, and I'm sure I won't put in enough time to keep up with other people.
Gedd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2004, 02:27:48 PM »

Chris, I think the devs have mentioned they were considering it, but there really isn't an equivalent system.  However, we've got around 75-100 people in the Wanderers WoW guild at the moment, so it's pretty likely that someone is going to be moving at the same pace as you, either with a main or an alt.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2004, 03:01:15 PM »

Plus the fact is that WoW's quests are not like the quests in CoH - they don't scale to your group's level, and so it'd be a bit more difficult to have the sidekick thing work. You'd end up doing the higher level guy's quest with him (you couldn't get it because you'd be too low) then you'd have to do the same quest over later for yourself. Which sounds sorta boring.

I agree with Gedd - there is a wide range of levels in the guild (heck, in the world) such that lowbie characters shouldn't have much of a problem finding groups (and by the way, I have noticed that below 10, most people don't group much in the first place - and WoW is a bit more solo-iffic than many other MMORPGs I've been in).

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2004, 04:24:31 PM »

I want you to die Rage! slywink  Of course I'm just kidding.  I'll be in EQ2, but I wish everyone the best of luck in WoW.  I just wish two great games hadn't come out together, especially not such huge time investments.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2004, 05:56:03 PM »

We'll welcome you to WoW with open arms when Sony smacks your character with the +5 Nerfbat Harkonis.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Gertbeef
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2004, 11:12:11 PM »

Dang, wish one of the groups here was playing on a PvP server.

I might give either this or the CG one a shot here at some point, although I plan to have my main be on a PvP server for now at least.

I'll definitely check this out though, most of my friends that played DA either are out of MMO's or still stuck there, so I need a new group of peeps. smile
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2004, 04:51:58 AM »

Quote from: "Scuba-V"
I'm probably going to get WoW and if I do there's one guild that I want to try to get into first.  If that doesn't work, I'll check out the GG and CG guilds and see which one fits me better.

Sturmgrenadiers, by chance?

Ale
none
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2004, 07:04:23 AM »

i've got a question regarding guilds...how does one go about unjoining a guild?  will contact have to be established with the higher ups in the guild or is this something one can do independently of the guild?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: