http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 03:13:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vanguard Tips and Tricks  (Read 3397 times)
ericb
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2008, 12:49:37 PM »

Well, one good thing about AoC is the number of people it's driving to Vanguard  icon_evil  For the first time in a long time the server Seradon is showing a high population in the evening.  I've also heard rumors that GU6 may be released next week (seems very unlikely, more likely it's just the faire that is being put in along with some bug fixes).  Anyway, this is the thread to post tips, tricks and shortcuts to make life in vanguard easier.

Corpse surrounding by mobs?  Type "/corpse" when you are close to pull your tombstone closer to you

Stuck in the landscape (yes, still happens but not very often anymore)?  If you are in a group have one of the other group members target you and type "/rope" to pull you away from the stuck area.

Too dark at night?  K starts the default torch everyone has.  Shift-K opens a brighter torch.  Torches are "magic" and don't show in inventory.

CRTL-TAB will target the closest harvesting node.

Remember when harvesting that you get more when your group members help you (instead of fighting over use of the node).  Also, a group member with the right harvesting tool can still help even if they don't have harvesting skill as long as you do and you initiate the harvesting.

Want an easier way to send your pet in to attack?  Pick your opening spell (usually the long DOT), right click on it and on the second line add "/pet attack"  This will put the DOT on the mob and send your pet to attack with one click.

Shadows still look nice and "real" when set as low as 25% and turning off Volumetric clouds will help with performance with almost no graphical loss.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 03:03:16 PM by ericb » Logged
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:58:39 PM »

Can't find your corpse/tombstone?  Type "/targetmycorpse"

You get items after playing for a while, type "/claim" to see if you have any thing available.

StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

One of the most important tips is that /setfog command. I don't play Vanguard anymore, so I forgot it, I hope someone will post if here.
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 02:46:04 PM »

/setfog 200000, 400000, 120, 120, 240

Set it up as a Macro as you have to reissue the command every time you you login.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »

Quote from: Zimix on June 25, 2008, 02:46:04 PM

/setfog 200000, 400000, 120, 120, 240

Set it up as a Macro as you have to reissue the command every time you you login.

stramge - I use this:
/setfog -1,400000,120,120,120

whats the difference?

A new one
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »

I used the "-1,..." one as well.
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 01:01:26 AM »

Does anyone have a spare buddy key for VG? 

Thanks in advance.  icon_biggrin

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 06:06:14 AM »

Quote from: Jafisob on June 26, 2008, 01:01:26 AM

I actually have one - I'll PM it to ya when I get home from work today :-)

A new one
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 12:09:34 PM »

Macro fun (copied from vgbards.com).  Just about everything below applies to and is useful for all characters   ninja

Q. How do you create a macro?
A. Right click on a empty spot on your bar and this will bring up a window to name the macro and choose icon and enter code.

Q. How do Play a song in a macro?
A. The command for playing a song is /playsong "Name of Song" (Note the name of the song must be the same caps and all that you save the song as and must have " around it.)

Q. How do I equip a Drum or weapon in a macro?
A. The command is /wear "Name of Item" (Note the name of the song must be the same caps and all that you save the song as and must have " around it.)

Q. How do I equip weapons to my main hand or off hand?
A. The command is /wear "Name of Item" Primaryhand or /wear "Name of Item" Secondaryhand. (Note currently there is no clean way to equip weapons of the same name)

Q. How do I cast a spell or ability with a macro?
A. The command is /cast "Ability Name" (Note the name of the song must be the same caps and all that you save the song as and must have " around it.) IE /cast "Ranged Attack" or /cast "Eaon's Bellowing Blast III"

Q. How do I put a pause in my macro?
A. Currently there is no way to place a pause in a macro.

Q. Can I have multiple commands in a macro?
A. Yes you can have multiple commands in a macro.
EDIT - I believe the max is three lines and you should not hit enter at the end of the third line.  This was from a post a while back so it may have changed since then.

Q. I want a macro to loot everything on a corpse?
A. Create macro then first line will be /lootend enter next line will be /lootall enter and lastnight will be /loot.  This opens the loot loots it all and just to be on safe side closes loot.  The /lootall should loot and close corpse.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »

BTW - apparently, if you ever subscribed to Vanguard before, and aren't paying now, your account is flagged as free to play until the end of July.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 03:46:31 PM »

Vanguard also has a cool feature called "Brotherhood".  Read more about it here:

http://vanguard.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=832
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 06:28:02 PM »

BTW - apparently, if you ever subscribed to Vanguard before, and aren't paying now, your account is flagged as free to play until the end of July.

Nice I will definitely check it out again then.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 06:46:35 PM »

I will as well, but I lost my discs.  Is there a place to download the client?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »

Quote from: faide on June 26, 2008, 06:46:35 PM

I'd like to say that the official site has a link to the client. I'm at work though, so I can't look.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 08:04:41 PM »

Quote from: Jafisob on June 26, 2008, 01:01:26 AM

PM sent :-)

A new one
Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »

Quote from: faide on June 26, 2008, 06:46:35 PM

Go to http://www.station.sony.com/.  On the right hand of the screen you will see "Station Launcher Beta".  Download and run this.  You can then select different games, click on Vanguard.  It will install it for you.

StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 09:04:55 PM »

Quote from: Zimix on June 26, 2008, 03:46:31 PM

Vanguard also has a cool feature called "Brotherhood".  Read more about it here:

http://vanguard.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=832

I've read the link, but I still don't understand the difference between the two types. The idea sounds VERY cool though.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 09:10:05 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 26, 2008, 09:04:55 PM

Quote from: Zimix on June 26, 2008, 03:46:31 PM

I've read the link, but I still don't understand the difference between the two types. The idea sounds VERY cool though.

something really cool is, that you can actually level up your alts at the same time as your main...by being in brotherhood with yourself :-)

A new one
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 09:18:14 PM »

Is there a particular server that GTers are playing on?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 01:57:25 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on June 26, 2008, 09:18:14 PM

Is there a particular server that GTers are playing on?

I believe most of us are on Seradon.  It's also the highest pop server right now as well.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 12:10:08 PM »

They just reactivated my account through July 31, so I'll probably give this a whirl again just to see the improvements.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 12:14:25 PM »

I'm having tremoundous amounts of fun in this game! I even have two accounts right now, on the excuse that I can play the game with my daugther ;-)

A new one
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2008, 04:45:28 PM »

My understanding is that I should be able to allocate stat points each level but when I go to the stat tab no points are available.  Are they being automatically spent for me or do I only get to add to stats every X levels?  How do I turn off auto stat allocation so I can manually do the allocation?

One of my characters is a Half Giant on Thestra.  The HG starting area has less quests and one of the key quests that leads to other quests seems bugged.  How do I get to another area aside from the obvious (run there past high level mobs that can one shot you)?  Is there some type of moongate/rift/telepad/whatever?
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 05:24:41 PM »

Quote from: Jafisob on June 30, 2008, 04:45:28 PM

My understanding is that I should be able to allocate stat points each level but when I go to the stat tab no points are available.  Are they being automatically spent for me or do I only get to add to stats every X levels?  How do I turn off auto stat allocation so I can manually do the allocation?

One of my characters is a Half Giant on Thestra.  The HG starting area has less quests and one of the key quests that leads to other quests seems bugged.  How do I get to another area aside from the obvious (run there past high level mobs that can one shot you)?  Is there some type of moongate/rift/telepad/whatever?

1. You start manually allocating stat points at level 10.

2. There are riftway portals in most areas, which are basically teleporters that are connected. They have a cost and level requirement, depending on the destination. They look a lot like the res thingies where you can retrieve your corpse.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 05:56:25 PM »

Quote from: DArtagnan on June 30, 2008, 05:24:41 PM

Quote from: Jafisob on June 30, 2008, 04:45:28 PM

1. You start manually allocating stat points at level 10.

2. There are riftway portals in most areas, which are basically teleporters that are connected. They have a cost and level requirement, depending on the destination. They look a lot like the res thingies where you can retrieve your corpse.

In other words, no, you can't use the portals at low level. Besides, the closest one to you is pretty far away to the west and you will have to travel through higher lvl mobs.

You can submit a ticket for that bugged quest for the guy in the cave. I got mine resovled in about 12 hours.

Your other option is to travel SE to another starting city (some race with wolf heads, forgot the name), they have a bunch of quests. It's about 15 minutes run, which is not that long by Vanguard's standards. smile You can see that city on the map, sorry I don't remember the name, I've got bad memory for those scandinavian names.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: