http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 05:23:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The return in force to Eve Online.  (Read 1696 times)
Fuzzballx
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2005, 03:52:43 PM »

It all started about a month ago now on:

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16817

Eve online, when it was relaased was basically a mining simulator and a hellish game to get into and get started.  Over the years the game's developed into an entirely different world where it's easy to get started and there's a million things to do.  Players dont ever have to touch a mining laser if they choose not to.  Combat, research, manufacturing, mining, corp management, dynamic trade in a 100% player economy that is strong and works well, support skills etc lead to many varied paths for characters to take and lots of teamwork in corporations.

So, about a dozen of us have signed up in the last 30 days from OO and joined a corporation run by Skylander, GeneralD and Evil bob.  Skylander brought us in since he's an OOer too.

What this email is, is an open invitation for consolegolder's to come join us as well in the Eve Universe.  There is about a 4-6 hours tutorial to help you get started and learn the basics after creating your character.  It's highly worth doing for both the knowledge AND the rewards you get by the end of the tutorial stuff.

The overlords have a chat channel set up for people not in the corporation yet so you can contact us: Channel name Octopus Overlords password: brutesquad.

Eve has a 14 day trial thats readily available out there or you can also purchase a cd key off ebay for 5 bucks which gets you a full month of playtime.

Come check it out.  Eve Online has developed into an incredibly fantastic MMO which is also truely suited to casual players as well.  There's only one server (Eve has 70,000 subscribers and has had over 15,000 online simultaniously on it's one server with no lag.)
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 11:27:31 PM »

EVE Online is a very unique experience I suggest everyone give it a go. It is a love it or hate it kind of thing smile.

All CGer's are welcome in Evil Empire if you want help I made a Channel by the name of Octopus Overlords with the password of Brutesquad.

If not just send me an ingame mail my name is SkyLander in there also.

If you don't want to join Evil that is perfectly alright we will help you out with whatever you need.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 01:36:17 PM »

This is one of those games that has always interested me.  I've got so many other things going on that I doubt that I ever will but it sure looks cool.

Theres a good article about EVE Online at Eurogamer that makes me even more intrigued: link.

And I'm moving this to Massive Multiplayer Madness.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 02:22:49 PM »

Warning, one of the interesting things about Eve Online is how skill progession is done.

If your highly interested, but dont have much time at the moment to play, then it's the perfect time to start the game.  You can start training now, and if you have more time in a month or two, you'll have some good skill ready and waiting for you to play with!

Skills train one at a time while you are on or offline at the same rate regardless of your current activity in game.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 02:27:10 PM »

To paraphrase Milton, man returns to EVE Online like a dog to his vomit.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 03:23:37 PM »

Yes as you so eloquently reinforced my point it is a love it or hate it game......

Anyway its a 2 week free trial I think everyone should atleast try it you never know could get hooked on it.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 08:20:04 PM »

Wow, we had odds two days ago in game about how long it'd take LE to vomit all over this post.
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 08:08:48 PM »

Who won?

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW