http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 10:14:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Monstrous Regiment (WoW Guild) New Home-Please Read!  (Read 3229 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2004, 07:22:15 AM »

Ok guys, this is going to be our temporary guild website, until we can find something else:
http://www.zengamer.com

the direct link to the guild forums are:
http://www.zengamer.com/forums/index.php?s=39ef4f32bff1c1624012c2c9d2c7e921&act=SF&f=13

It just dawned on me tonight that first of all:
1. we were spamming the CG Road to gold board with all our talk.
2. we needed some place of our own.
3. we needed some privacy
4. we needed some place with our own hosting space and main page and ease of use

My old website fits the bill. It is still up and running, though it is not actively updated as a gaming website the way it used to be-but the main page can be used for general news about the guild to offer very easy access to the Guild looking for guild related info (and maybe a smattering of game info too)-and the forums can be all ours, and we can stop overloading the CG Road to Gold forums-which is really not the appropriate place for guild chat.

This is still the unofficial CG guild, now with a touch of the old ZG smile

I am no longer affiliated wtih CG and was asked to edit this message to reflect that-so, uh, since I am sure no one cares, there it is. The guild is still an unofficial CG guild.

Hope to see you all there-please register with your CG names if at all possible and get started posting. If you for some reason think this is a terrible idea, we can find a new one, but someone has to donate the webspace and build the site-both are already done over there plus we have very nice, clean forums to make our guild chat easier.

Hopefully TMR will be a lot of fun...thank you so much Console Gold for allowing us to create the guild and spam your message boards with our incessant chat-dont think you are getting rid of us!  :twisted:
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 11:47:05 PM »

who came up with that guild name?  :lol:
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 11:58:15 PM »

I did.  It's from a recent Terry Pratchett novel.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 02:49:46 AM »

Bizarrely enough, it's for an Alliance guild  Tongue

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 03:02:57 AM »

Quote from: "Gryndyl"
Bizarrely enough, it's for an Alliance guild  Tongue

Thats the beauty of it!!!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 07:15:46 AM »

Well, the novel itself is a fantasy satire about women in the military.

But, I don't see all of us playing female character, no matter how much random loot other male players give us.

We should somehow live up to our name, perhaps always having some sort of mount with us or something.
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 07:32:38 AM »

Respectfully, the unoriginal name rather diminishes my interest in the guild. To me, a guild name is a banner-- and in this case, it's one that I neither understand nor like.

I do not read Terry Pratchett, so I cannot identify with its actual origin. And I would feel rather silly walking beneath it in front of others who are aware of where it came from.

As a standalone name, it just sounds silly to me. What would it mean, in context? Were it the title of a Horde guild, I might have a different impression of it.

This is no insult to you, Turtle; nor to the guild itself, Rage. I certainly don't expect to come in at the last moment and persuade you to change the name that you've chosen. I suppose I should have checked in with you fellows earlier had I wished to have any input into the guild's formation, but it didn't occur to me to do so. I'm not really an active member of any of the GG communities anymore, anyway-- the possibility of a WoW guild and the occasional use of the trading forum are the only reasons I've stuck around.

I was really hoping that many of the old CoH guys would be interested in forming up, but most seem to have vanished....
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

I don't know how many people are attached to the name, but I wouldn't mind a more original one.  I'm impartial.  I don't want to lose potential people to the name.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2004, 05:00:55 PM »

I dont want to lose potential people either. However, if I may, without trying to be...mean...I think its downright stupid if you dont want to play with a great group of people because you dont like the name. I think its really silly. However, as much as I like the name, it wasn't even my idea originally, and while I like it, I am not that attached to it that I am going to try to get all dictator like. Why don't you come over to the new boards and make a few suggestions. We could start a poll tonight and close it tomorrow night and vote on some more names (including TMR) and see what happens.
RevenantSoul
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004, 05:53:59 PM »

I have to side with Nym Rage.  I can understand his feelings on the importance of a name.  Consider your characters name.  It is much the same in that you choose the name of your character to mean something special to you.  I guess some people dont care what name they choose and maybe even let the randomizer select a name for them but many of us I believe have names that we prefer because they convey an image we want to put forth about our character and playing style.  Maybe we should have a poll to certify our chosen guild name?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2004, 06:09:45 PM »

Ok-its decided. I am going to pull the names out of the old poll thread and start a new poll on the guid boards and it will be open until midnight monday night. See, I am reasonable  :twisted:
RevenantSoul
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2004, 06:17:28 PM »

I think we should narrow it down to like 5 names at most from the top vote winners of the past poll.  That way we can have a more conclusive winner.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2004, 06:19:05 PM »

New poll. Please ONLY VOTE if you have intentions to play with the guild...obviously.

http://www.zengamer.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=1116&s=104cd42d0c04e6d87965f9895e2b52e9

new link, had to reset the poll cause I did something silly.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 06:19:49 PM »

Quote from: "RevenantSoul"
I think we should narrow it down to like 5 names at most from the top vote winners of the past poll.  That way we can have a more conclusive winner.

I took the vote getters from the last poll, and added one more that I thought sounded good that I pulled from the old thread. Go vote smile
RevenantSoul
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 06:20:19 PM »

ok, scratch that...I see the poll only had 4 choices anyway  Tongue
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2004, 09:17:49 PM »

Why do I get the feeling that if we hadn't mentioned where the name came from, it would've been okay to everyone?

We could always be another generic sounding, "Swords of Azeroth!" or something equally dull.
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 01:29:41 AM »

"Almost Heroes". hahaha, c'mon stop with the comedy names already. :lol:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2004, 02:03:42 AM »

Listen, if you are not part of the guild or do not intend to contribute positively, why make fun at all?
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 01:25:01 PM »

I want in on this guild!! (picking up WoW today or Friday first smile) I love Pratchets work in fact I have been to two signings and they were both like comedy shows - he doesn't read he talks about whatever he feels like.  If you get a chance to see, don't miss out.

Speaking of guild names - anyone remember these EQ guilds?  Pretty Pink Prancing Ponies?  How about Raiders of the last Orc ...

-Crusis

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
lokiju

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2004, 05:01:15 PM »

Rage, I have always played with the Wanderers, but not sure that I want to play as the Horde.  How many people are in with you guys?

I might buy this game today or tomorrow.  CGE kicking in.

I would prefer to look at comely people for hours and hours, lol.  Is there any real reason to use the Horde stat-wise?

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot.
Semaj

View Profile
Heh
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 05:34:21 PM »

This is Semajicus fro the wanderers....

Were not as deep as them (200 peopel did thye say?) We are more like 20ish right now... I expect we will grow fairly well and have a decent group of guys in AH (Almost Hero's)...

If you need somethign, someone probably has it... if you want to know about a quest, someone has probably done it... If your expecting 40 people at a time, we arn't it... yet...lol..  But the Guild is fairly good...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: