http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 11:09:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The First Nine--now Ten--Topics in this forum are WoW-related.  (Read 1669 times)
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »

And it makes me sad.  R.I.P. MMORPGs.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:17:39 PM »

Everyone I've played has sucked except for WoW.  God bless Blizzard.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 08:33:55 PM »

Meh...I think Guild Wars is decent.  I don't think MMOs are dead...I just think that currently, WoW is what appeals to the largest section of the population.  After awhile, I know I'll get tired of starting another avatar in Elwynn Forest...or playing through the raid one more time...but for now, it does things right.  People will eventually want a new setting to play in.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 08:48:28 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on November 10, 2006, 07:50:44 PM

When were they alive?

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 08:52:38 PM »

Guild Wars was a lot of fun for awhile but eventually I found that I couldn't complete the content unless I was grouped with others.  The hirelings just didn't cut it.  World of Warcraft is great in that it gives me freedom to group or not to group and I can still do lots of interesting things.
StitchJones
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 10:00:25 PM »

WOW is just too shallow for me.  I'm still an EQ2 fan actually.  I'm excited about the new expenasion.
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 11:54:29 PM »

I have been playing Guild Wars and having a blast with it so far.  I finally got bored of WoW and all of the raiding end game.  Oh well, maybe the expansin will fix some of the issues.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 12:53:01 AM »

Quote from: ROTC1983 on November 10, 2006, 11:54:29 PM

I have been playing Guild Wars and having a blast with it so far.  I finally got bored of WoW and all of the raiding end game.  Oh well, maybe the expansin will fix some of the issues.

Basic core game doesn't change one bit, and you're still going to be raiding to get the 'uber' content (just with 24 other people instead of 39) come the expansion. Not gonna happen.

Quote from: warning on November 10, 2006, 08:52:38 PM

Guild Wars was a lot of fun for awhile but eventually I found that I couldn't complete the content unless I was grouped with others.  The hirelings just didn't cut it.  World of Warcraft is great in that it gives me freedom to group or not to group and I can still do lots of interesting things.

Oddly enough, that's my big issue with Guild Wars as well (and why I loved WoW as a 'casual player') - I could solo or I could group. If I didn't want to spend much time playing, I could solo without issues in WoW. Your hirelings in GW just aren't smart enough to do their thing if you want to solo there.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 03:03:39 PM »

WoW is a well done game and people obviously enjoy it.

I have played quite a few of the MMO games and also had a good time in SWG (star wars galaxies).  Most of the expansions were out when I started so it was pretty well done, had some flaws but you could still do what you wanted.  The very nice thing about the game was the ability to completely re-do you're character if you chose to by dropping skills and learning others.  Unfortunately Sony killed that with the NGE re-work and I sold my elder Jedi character for $190 on e-bay.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 06:09:24 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on November 10, 2006, 07:50:44 PM

R.I.P to MMORPGs that do not bring innovation, value, and/or quality to the table.

WoW is probably the best thing to happen to the MMOL genre since it started. If any new MMOL games want to turn a profit, they are now forced to make a good game, listen to their player base (to some extent), adapt quickly to change, offer better value, etc.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »

Actually, with Guild Wars Nightfall it's possible to hench your way through.  The only times I've REALLY needed to group thus far are when I wanted to get "Masters".

And it makes grouping considerably easier.

Just Hiro will do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: