http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 07:43:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you Harkonis  (Read 1951 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2005, 06:29:04 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks for running a great server. I have only hit it here and there, but overall I think it is much better than the avarage public server.

BTW: What was up with that dude that was complaining about his brother getting kicked? He was claiming you were showing as OP on his team, but I killed you shortly after and it was normal. (Sorry about that by the way, I'm sure you were busy dealing with them when I killed you :twisted: ).

LiveTAG: happydog
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 12:02:46 PM »

I second that. Only been on a few times, but the server runs really well.
I saw some balancing issues, but I'm sure that will get worked out over time.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2005, 01:14:16 PM »

I third!  Great server! smile

Go Gunners...
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 01:50:38 PM »

Yeah, it's a fantastic server just wish I saw more cg's and oo's playing as opposed to the random clan's. Invariably when people need to get kicked from the server it's always from my squad...coincidence I think not *chuckles*

Ascendent
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 01:54:53 PM »

True that, thanks for kicking this thing in the pants so quickly Hark!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 05:23:34 PM »

no problem, I'm very pleased at the response.  Last night at one point we had about 18 people on from the forums (both CG/OO)

I think there are more on than you realize, a lot of people don't use the same names and aren't using the TS for the server (SHAME ON THEM! slywink)

Server should only get better from here on out.

Oh, and the guy that was upset was actually right, I was wrong.  Something was bugged and on my screen I was on China team and on a few people's I was on USMC.  So on their screen I was red named and on the score list on the other team.  I was spawning at chinese CP's, and using chinese kits, but they would kill me because I was red to them, then get a tk.  the first person to do it was the guy I kicked.  He fired at my APC from his, reloaded while I yelled stop, then kept firing until I died.  Not knowing the bug was involved, I thought he was intentionally tk'ing, and that's a ban without warning.  Well, until that bug is fixed I think we'll have to even warn smacktards that do it.

The server was full of idiots last night though, not sure what attracted them.  I'm also a bit concerned that my server has been dropping to 20 people or so over night.  A lot of servers stay packed all the time, but not mine.  Don't know if people think I'm too heavy handed on the admin'ing or if they have other reasons.  Had 3 different people TK me or try to TK me to get my heli that I was in.  It's bad enough to kill a teammate to whore their vehicle, but how do people not think it's a bad idea to kill the guy who shares a name with the server?  brilliant

Thanks again for the support guys
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 05:47:44 PM »

I thought people were morons until I had the red name problem. I killed the guy with the red name twice before I figured out what was happening and that he was on my team.

Regarding the population drop-off, personally I think people just bail when the Clean Sweep map comes up and don't come back. Kill that map and we'll all be better off IMO. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2005, 07:33:48 PM »

Quote from: "Harkonis"
The server was full of idiots last night though, not sure what attracted them.  I'm also a bit concerned that my server has been dropping to 20 people or so over night.  A lot of servers stay packed all the time, but not mine.  Don't know if people think I'm too heavy handed on the admin'ing or if they have other reasons.  Had 3 different people TK me or try to TK me to get my heli that I was in.  It's bad enough to kill a teammate to whore their vehicle, but how do people not think it's a bad idea to kill the guy who shares a name with the server?  brilliant

Thanks again for the support guys

Recently, I've been getting some serious stutter when I go to play on your server.  I've been having to hit some of the Europe servers to get a lag free game (hah...and I'm playing with a  ping of 170+).. Dunno.  Haven't gotten any play time since the patch though.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2005, 03:57:30 AM »

:  biggrin
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2005, 05:12:54 AM »

Yes, thank you for making a good place to play a somewhat frustrating game for me.  I have had fun with BF2 only on your server.  Except for last night, when there was a little problem with balance on one map, but it cleared up as soon as I pointed it out and the map changed.  18-12 was a bit unfair...

I think I experienced a variant of that bug last night too, just as I was getting done with playing.  My teammates weren't showing up as blue, even when I was right on top of them, so I was wasting them and getting complaints.  I have learned to shoot first and ask questions later if they don't show up as blue when in range.  It got me into trouble last night.

Anyway, great server.  I would like to know how to help support it, I thought I remembered there being some info on how to do so in another thread, but I haven't felt like searching for it, and this thread seems like a good one to let us know how to help you keep it going!

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2005, 06:57:57 AM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
Anyway, great server.  I would like to know how to help support it, I thought I remembered there being some info on how to do so in another thread, but I haven't felt like searching for it, and this thread seems like a good one to let us know how to help you keep it going!

Good point.

You need any help kicking the smacktards? Does anyone say smacktards anymore?  :?

LiveTAG: happydog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: