http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 04:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tabula Rasa Screenshots (dial-ups beware)  (Read 10193 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »

Was defending a CP alongside an engineer last night and at one point he had all 5 turret types up. Couple glimpses...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:36:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »

LOL..had all the damage types covered huh? Hmm I was expecting them to only allow 1 turret at a time. thats cool you can put up so many.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »

Just keep in mind they are temporary and don't last an exceptionally long time (they can be destroyed before the timer runs out too). I think by the time the guy got the 5th type turret down, the 1st one was fading away.   icon_biggrin I guess the limit is that you can only have one of the five different pump level type turrets up at a given time. So you can have 5 different ones, but you can't drop 5 laser turrets, 3 EMP turrets etc.

It's fun to watch how people use these when they're soloing in the L30ish zones. I'd say it's a little busier to use than other classes, esp. since you probably have to set up the turrets on another secondary hotkey tray and do some switching back and forth in combat.

My Biotechnician's at 26 now. I'll have to work my clone to the Engineer stuff at some point.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:22:17 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 04:00:19 AM »

Teamed up with a couple 30ish engineers for a Mires instance. Some peeks:

The mighty, if not terribly durable, MultiBot engineer construct:

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2008, 05:56:02 AM »

I think the verdict's in that people appreciate the "helmet viewable" option, and nobody wants to have their helmets visible.  icon_biggrin
I don't know if the folks that designed the helmet artwork are too happy right now though.  tear I spent a few moments hovering around other players trying to get closeups...

It's nice though. Not much point in the character creator if you have to run around the game with a bucket on your head all the time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:01:38 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 30, 2008, 05:56:02 AM

I think the verdict's in that people appreciate the "helmet viewable" option, and nobody wants to have their helmets visible.  icon_biggrin
I don't know if the folks that designed the helmet artwork are too happy right now though.  tear I spent a few moments hovering around other players trying to get closeups...
It's nice though. Not much point in the character creator if you have to run around the game with a bucket on your head all the time.

As far as I'm concerned, helmet graphics suck in MMOs about 90% of the time. That's why I ALWAYS turn them off if I have the option to do so. That and as you said - why spend all that time designing your face if you'll never see it?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2008, 03:22:09 PM »

Another thing in fantasy based MMO's they implement to give you more individuality is Cape's and Tabards...

The armor in TR is very generic looking so far for me. I know you can't have horns coming off the shoulder pads...
But I'm thinking there must be something more TR can do to make you "feel" like you're an individual.

Of course keeping in mind this is a militray slanted MMO. And after my time in the Forces, I realized stripping you of your individuality
was a priority for them.

Home base with housing???
Civvy clothes for the off-duty hours in the Jr. Ranks club?
Special ops clothing for recce work?
Call signs on Armor...35 charlie reporting for duty, sir!

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2008, 07:01:04 PM »

I can only preach patience. People start to differentiate quite a bit in 20s and 30s.  You'll notice more variety within the armor types at that point, plus the patch supposedly changed rewards for 800 some odd missions, which presumably means a lot of different armor.

This isn't really the kind of game where you use the same armor for 5-10 levels, I'm constantly changing. It can be frustrating when you get a look/set you like, and then suddenly you look like a backup catcher for a baseball team or something.  disgust Tongue

If costume uniqueness is your thing, you should try City of Heroes/Villains as it still  has the best character/costume creator in the biz (imho). Since it isn't a loot/equipment-focused game you can find a unique costume that suits you and not worry about changing it every other level to use new equipment/loot, but just changing it at the costume shop if you want a new look. And virtually no character ever looks exactly the same as someone else's in that.

Playing
PC
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 30, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »

Been there done that with Coh\CoV. And yes, the best charater creation options bar-none.

I still think MMO's are being released way too early, banking on subscribers to foot the bill for the next development cycle.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2008, 05:09:14 PM »

Got Injector to Exobiologist today:

Clone's fun. You just need to buy some medical micro mech (quite affordable, easy to stock up on) to use stuff like clone, reanimation and reanimation wave.

It uses some occasional animated rippling of the clone to remind you it's your clone. The clone doesn't have the "helmet not visible" option so in my case that helps differentiate. It's a "dumb pet" so it's prone to blast everything in sight, and uses the same weapon that you have equipped.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 03:58:57 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »

Seeing that pic reminds me of a question I always had.....does crouching increase accuracy? I always wondered if it did and if running made you miss more.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »

yes crouching helps I believe with accuracy but this game also takes cover into account and uses it to reduce damage.  Crouching helps use cover more when you have it.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2008, 10:01:37 PM »

Yeah supposedly crouching improves acc and damage a little, and firing from behind cover improves your defense, but honestly, it's so fast paced, most of the time people just mow through things and don't worry about it. I obsess about that stuff, but the general populace ignores it and you can probably be happy either way. smile

As much as I like the game, I am not really a fan of the knockback that Atta spiders and some other enemies pull on you. Mainly it's cause the animation engine is extremely sluggish at handling things like that (this isn't an FPS engine, there's no ragdoll physics as in City of Heroes etc.), so you'll find yourself struggling mightily to recover from knockbacks and stuns (and the animation of it looks a little cheesy because it's so sluggishly portrayed). Not so much because the enemies are nasty, but the game engine just doesn't seem able to visually animate that sort of thing quickly.

I'd have a hard time illustrating this unless I could find a way to show some footage from COH of a hero getting knocked back (smoothly), side by side with this (where it's almost stuttering).

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2008, 03:55:30 AM »

I'm not sure what This Is.  saywhat I assume maybe this was some beta tester perk or something? (Unicorn's Head). It's certainly not Polymorph (which lets you adopt a Bane disguise), afik. NOTE: I'm told this was just a fun "3-month reward" for veteran players. smile

I had fun reanimating almost everything in sight. You can even reanimate bosses, though early levels give you a pet several levels below what the corpse was.

And why reanimate one Miasma when you can use the signature skill Reanimation Wave, and reanimate an army of them? (though it's not as effective as you might wish  icon_biggrin).

This actually did help my teammate and me a bit but that particular area in Plateau is now (due to the respawn rates and how rabid the various miasma are in the graveyard) probably one of the nastiest hunting grounds in the game.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 06:53:34 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2008, 06:54:37 AM »

Last reanimation for the day:

Went back to an earlier instance full of Atta spiders. So I reanimated a few dead hordes for fun. It's a visual hoot, and when they all throw their boulders in unison at an enemy, it's fun to watch. smile

Playing
PC
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2008, 01:12:26 PM »

Ah, nothing quite like being able to summon your own army of the damned. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2008, 02:56:39 PM »

I just wish there was a "disperse your army" button. I don't think there is, and when you have a horde of zombies with you, combat can get a little confusing.  icon_confused

Here's current Injector Blackjach pics (login, and in game). Dark blue w/ gold/yellow gloves is that clan's official color. I usually get bright stuff, but the darker "home brew" paints are actually kinda cool looking I thinks.

I usually disable the helmet view in-game, but it's always on in login.

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2009, 03:28:54 AM »

I was going through my old screenshots and this one made me sad for this time of year:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2009, 07:07:25 PM »

I think the tree cost about $873,000 to develop (TR's development costs were supposedly sky high). And it probably helped hasten the game's demise. But damn, those lights looked good!

Merry Christmas!  biggrin
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:10:46 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: