http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 11:24:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tabula Rasa beta  (Read 48068 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »

So, its gone gold?? Wha?? Why does it feel this came out of nowhere? Shh, I am not a mushroom...I might be kept in the dark but I'm not fed  Sh**. 

Anywho, is this game good or what? I need to close down WoW once and for all. WoW feels like a girlfriend who's over-stayed her welcome. On the one hand she's familiar and on the other she's flat out boring.

Can you beta boys talk yet?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 05:33:04 PM »

I have'nt played in months and when I saw the gold announcement today I just deleted it. Its ok..nothing special about it. Just another mmo to me even though it is sci-fi at least. fantasy is boring.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »

Anyone know what kind of spec's are needed to play this?

Is it WoW like in its simplicity, or Vanguard like in its need for a Nasa-type computer?

TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »

It plays fine on my machine. 2.2 Ghz Athlon 64 (single core), 1 gig memory, 8800gts/320. <-- plotting and scheming for upgrades, but frankly, I'm buying a new television first biggrin

Atomic
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »

I get the distinct impression this game is a snoozed-fest destined to have server mergers within 3 months of release and a closing down notice 3 months later...

Wow, Lord G needs to find a new profession, or give tours of his castle.

TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 10:35:48 AM »

Personally I feel it has potential, although they'll have to work at it. Big guilds could take this one a long ways towards success, if they get interested enough.

Atomic
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 02:24:48 PM »

Personally, I feel that their greatest competition will be released two weeks later - Hellgate: London. Yeah, you can't get quite as many people into a server as you can with TR, but it'll be a lot cheaper and compare with TR in a few ways.

After my time in the beta, I don't think that TR will cut it. It's VERY nice to see a MMO get out of the Fantasy genre, don't get me wrong, but this isn't going to be it methinks.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 06, 2007, 09:32:54 PM

Wow, Lord G needs to find a new profession, or give tours of his castle.

he needs to go back to forming a small company and making good RPG's without letting some big company take over and force him to do things their way.  I'd love to see him do another game with the same calibre as Ultima IV through VII.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2007, 07:24:02 PM »

Well when the US servers are available I will be checking this out.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2007, 08:14:57 PM »

I really need a new MMORPG. I'm almost at the point of going back into CoH-CoV.

You know what MMORPG I miss? I miss the early days of SWG. Yeah, I know wha?????

I loved the Star Wars feel. I know lots complained it didn't nail down the atmosphere enough, but for me it was fine.
I love the way the game looked, I loved the "classes" you could develop. The crafting system actually had some depth to it..And for me to say that about crafting is amazing in and of itself.

There were tons of iffy and negative stuff about SWG but over-all I would love to have a sci-fi MMORPG that was as immersive and fun as the early months of SWG.

I'm so fed up with Orc, elves, hobbits, mages, etc..............

So whats the big ones on the horizon? More Orc's, elves, dwarves, and half-dressed gladiators that can kill a 12 ft Ogre with one swing... Warhammer, Conan.

I wanted  TR to be the Sci-Fi game to bring back those old feelings. It doesn't look like that going to happen...shame...

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2007, 08:53:09 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 07, 2007, 08:14:57 PM

I really need a new MMORPG. I'm almost at the point of going back into CoH-CoV.

You know what MMORPG I miss? I miss the early days of SWG. Yeah, I know wha?????

I loved the Star Wars feel. I know lots complained it didn't nail down the atmosphere enough, but for me it was fine.
I love the way the game looked, I loved the "classes" you could develop. The crafting system actually had some depth to it..And for me to say that about crafting is amazing in and of itself.

There were tons of iffy and negative stuff about SWG but over-all I would love to have a sci-fi MMORPG that was as immersive and fun as the early months of SWG.

I'm so fed up with Orc, elves, hobbits, mages, etc..............

So whats the big ones on the horizon? More Orc's, elves, dwarves, and half-dressed gladiators that can kill a 12 ft Ogre with one swing... Warhammer, Conan.

I wanted  TR to be the Sci-Fi game to bring back those old feelings. It doesn't look like that going to happen...shame...
I miss the early days of WoW. I really truly do. I am goign to resub in a week I think, after I get back from a wedding. Sorry for off-topic.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2007, 03:47:32 AM »

Theres Warhammer 40K MMO and then theres that spy type one I cant recall the name of..i think maybe its The Agency.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2007, 04:01:47 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 08, 2007, 03:47:32 AM

Theres Warhammer 40K MMO and then theres that spy type one I cant recall the name of..i think maybe its The Agency.

yeah, the Agency is more modern day one if it's the one I'm thinking about.

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 10:03:26 AM »

I've always thought a Pioneer-Western themed MMORPG could fly.  You know, stage-coach, banks, black smiths, Native tribal wars, trains, wagons, six guns, gatling guns, cannon's, cavalry....Man, a good Western MMORPG is something I would love to see done well......

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 03:20:46 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 08, 2007, 10:03:26 AM

I've always thought a Pioneer-Western themed MMORPG could fly.  You know, stage-coach, banks, black smiths, Native tribal wars, trains, wagons, six guns, gatling guns, cannon's, cavalry....Man, a good Western MMORPG is something I would love to see done well......

in order for that to be done properly I'd think it would have to be heavy on the FPS elements.  If they did that I'd be in.

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 03:25:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 08, 2007, 03:20:46 PM

in order for that to be done properly I'd think it would have to be heavy on the FPS elements.  If they did that I'd be in.

Why fps? I'm not saying stick to the WoW way of combat, but I don't think it would have to be like a FPS game to work. Certainly for dueling..."meet me in the street at high noon" type stuff..."Draw pardner"....smile)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on September 08, 2007, 03:25:30 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 08, 2007, 03:20:46 PM

Why fps? I'm not saying stick to the WoW way of combat, but I don't think it would have to be like a FPS game to work. Certainly for dueling..."meet me in the street at high noon" type stuff..."Draw pardner"....smile)

I think the usual point, click and wait method of combat would get boring with guns even with special abilities thrown in.  It's a western, it needs more action than that system can give.  Maybe they could base it off of Gun or Red Dead Revolver.

Because I can,
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2007, 04:43:03 PM »

I would love to see an old-west MMORPG.  I would say play the bank robbing, train hopping outlaw.  It would need a well fleshed out PvP system with sheriffs and bounty hunters to counter the outlaws.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »

Okey Dokey.

Tabula Rasa is out.  Here's what I've heard:

1) the CE is a good buy from a "what they put in the box" standpoint.
2) the manual is pretty good.
3) it's got a good sci-fi theme goin' on.  (which is the only reason I'm really interested)

That's about it.

Any news from those playing it, or am I going to be listening to crickets?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 12:17:19 AM »

Played the beta, got to level 10 soldier, and uninstalled it.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 04:43:12 AM »

Got in beta early  and played for 1 month and deleted. Got back in beta a few weeks ago. played 1 week and did'nt go back. Will delete it tomorrow.. Nothing super wrong with it . Its just kinda boring. Has been there done that written all over it.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2007, 05:51:14 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on September 08, 2007, 04:43:03 PM

I would love to see an old-west MMORPG.  I would say play the bank robbing, train hopping outlaw.  It would need a well fleshed out PvP system with sheriffs and bounty hunters to counter the outlaws.

Dude, that could actually be pretty awesome. But it'd have to be full-on PvP. It's the WILD WEST fer cryin' out loud!

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »

Quote from: Farscry on November 03, 2007, 05:51:14 AM

Quote from: Arkon on September 08, 2007, 04:43:03 PM

Dude, that could actually be pretty awesome. But it'd have to be full-on PvP. It's the WILD WEST fer cryin' out loud!

Oh yeah for sure. Like walk into a saloon at high noon. Throw a drink in the face of a rival. Mossey on out to the main street. Stand 20 paces opposite each other...and.........DRAW PILGRIM!!!!...WTF!!!! ambush!!! Two gringo's up on top of the saloon with winchesters........I've been dry gulched!!!!!

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »

One weird thing I don't understand -- they apparently decided not to set up an official forum for the released game (there was a beta-players-only board). I don't quite know why they would take away CuppaJo (City of Heroes' longtime and well-liked community coordinator and lead forum moderator) and then decided not to have a forum at all (she's presumably going to be doing Web site stuff and events organizing etc.). I've looked all over the official site, and have seen a few board posts at other sites wondering why there's no official message board.

This was even mentioned at the COH forums, fans were hoping CuppaJo might return to the COH boards:
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=questions&Number=9505782&Searchpage=1&Main=9505782&Words=CuppJo&topic=&Search=true#Post9505782

I played the TR beta a bit. I liked some portions of it (I found the very unfriendly, chat-command-line focused chat interface a pain after the much friendlier UIs in City of Heroes, and in LOTORO), but to me the game would have more chance as an ad-supported free game or something in the Dungeon Runners/Hellgate London mold (free to play, a fee for perks and more content) -- I can't see it surviving any longer than Auto Assault did as a $15 a month game. In spite of the fact it seems in theory like the MMO I'd want (I'm really combat-focused, loved COH etc.).

Although I love Wild West games and get everything that comes out (even messy bargain price PC Westerns), they simply don't sell, regardless of platform.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 02:47:51 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 03, 2007, 02:39:13 PM

One weird thing I don't understand -- they apparently decided not to set up an official forum for the released game (there was a beta-players-only board). I don't quite know why they would take away CuppaJo (City of Heroes' longtime and well-liked community coordinator and lead forum moderator) and then decided not to have a forum at all (she's presumably going to be doing Web site stuff and events organizing etc.). I've looked all over the official site, and have seen a few board posts at other sites wondering why there's no official message board.

So, wait... As good as the boards are for City of Heroes, they decided NOT to do one for TR? WTF were they thinking?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2007, 06:58:54 PM »

Maybe they have something to hide.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2007, 08:04:44 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on November 03, 2007, 06:58:54 PM

Maybe they have something to hide.

Reminds me of when Vanguard 'launched' - no official forums either. Of course, they did have lots to hide at the time.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2007, 02:54:43 PM »

They are not really commenting on the lack of a board. I guess there are a lot of fan-run sites (including forums) and perhaps they'll post in whichever ones they think are most professionally run. My sheerly speculative guess is they've either decided to spend less money on board moderators (though I would think Auto Assault's cancellation would've free up some help) and board bandwidth, or they want to experiment with just publicizing fan-run forums and maybe "adopting" one or two better-run fan forums as a place to make an occasional post.

It just remains puzzling to me. Even NCSoft's Dungeon Runners has a nice official board:
http://boards.dungeonrunners.com/ubbthreads.php

Although some companies love to let their dev teams interact on boards freely and often (CoX and LOTORO come to mind), others just let a community relations rep or two make all the posts, take all the "heat," and be the go between (that seemed the case in the couple SOE games I've subscribed to or tried).

Oh, there's a blabby interview with Garriott:
http://www.gamersglobal.com/special/interview/richard-garriott-on-tabula-rasa-and-ultima

It's amusing sometimes to read old Richard going on and on about how innovative and fresh TR is, and yet too often player feedback (and some site previews) seem to be... it usually goes like this:

Richard Garriott: "Tabula Rasa represents a new play dynamic, a fresh take using innovative principles of player reward and a real-time attack system that utilizes thumbulating doodads in a principle of hobnobbery dishdash that replicates the science fiction principles of thrush propulsion while invigorating the players senses with a symbolic injection of fast-play oomptle raster-ism. There's been nothing like it before!"

Average Player: "I've been there and done this before."

Richard Garriott: "What? Blasphemer! Come back here! This is NEW! It's a DIFFERENT, uh, dichotomy!"

Average Player: "Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...."

Richard Garriot: "No, really! Come back! WoW is old and tired! Don't listen to those 8 million! They're just zombies!"

In spite of that, I might try it sometime. I'd like to see how the first update shapes up though.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 03:07:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2007, 05:26:29 PM »

If I had a modern rig I would give it a spin. But until I do upgrade I'm not running anything at half-mast anymore.
I can still run WoW full on, not saying much I know.

I'll play WoW, get the "really" good 360 games, *cough* Mass effect, Assasin's Creeed, and be content till the new DX-10 cards are established on the market.

I'm in the gray area of upgrade city.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2007, 06:23:11 PM »

The 8800GT is a damn fine DX10 card and a steal at $250. New cards are due this month I hear so expect a price drop.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2007, 08:34:24 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on November 04, 2007, 06:23:11 PM

The 8800GT is a damn fine DX10 card and a steal at $250. New cards are due this month I hear so expect a price drop.

Someone told me the current cards aren't "really" DX-10 able?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2007, 09:40:47 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on November 04, 2007, 08:34:24 PM

My 8800GTX (which is what the GT nearly is based on reviews and at half the price) most definitely is. I don't see why the GT wouldn't be.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2007, 10:22:36 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 04, 2007, 09:40:47 PM

Quote from: Arclight on November 04, 2007, 08:34:24 PM

My 8800GTX (which is what the GT nearly is based on reviews and at half the price) most definitely is. I don't see why the GT wouldn't be.

Ok, thats fine then. I don't remember who told me, someone here on the hardware forums. Anywho. Maybe what they meant was the next gen cards will be that much better or something.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2007, 02:39:16 PM »

My buddy got it!  Which of course is great for me, cause then I get to see it in live action without having to spend any money.

Here are my quick thoughts after watching a couple hours:

1) Even though I doubt they are, the graphics almost look cell-shaded.  I don't know how else to describe them.  They aren't bad, but then again, I really, really like cell-shaded games. 

2) The responsiveness of the game is a bit sluggish.  I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that Rich likes to run the game on really high settings, or the game is just that way.  But it does kill the feel for me a bit.

3) It's got a somewhat confusing tutorial section, and the way the game interface is set up is sort of wonky.  I wouldn't say it's horrible, but it's a bit off-putting.

4) It's sci-fi, which of course I love.  But it seems to be a typical MMO type game.  Quests, crafting, missions, kill 10 pigs, go find this guy, stuff like that.

5) There is a sort of "magic" type thing in the game called LOGOS.  This concept is pretty cool, but I only got to see one logos power, which is a lightning attack your character can do.  I think it eats power, and you have a limited amount.  Functionally, it seems to work a lot like magic in most games.  It would be a heck of a lot cooler if they exaggerated the animations a bit.  As it is, everything happens so fast, you almost miss the whole casting/lightning interaction with the bad guy.

6)  When you go up in level, you can spend points in different skill sets like guns, your logos powers, foot speed, stuff like that.  I suppose that is where character differentiation comes into play until you get to pick your first branch off the character class tree.

7) Combat is combat is combat.  I know Lord British made a big deal about using cover, but it just doesn't seem to be that big a deal from what I saw.

Overall, I don't think I would get the game.  I like the sci-fi theme of course, but the game itself seems "harsh" in terms of the interface and animations.  I hate to see non-fantasy games fail, but unless my initial observations missed some hidden awesome gameplay, I can't imagine the game will be setting the genre on fire.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 02:41:28 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2007, 03:59:54 PM »

That's pretty much what I thought of the BETA. I like the concept and the potential, but the actual implementation is not very good.
That seems to be the theme of most MMOs I have played lately. <shrug>

Maybe down the road, once it has a year in or so to polish, it will be better.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2007, 12:04:48 PM »

Even though I'm reasonably sure noone cares, I was over my friend's house again, and I need to correct something I alluded to earlier just to be fair.

The combat options/mechanic of the game is a bit deeper than I thought.  Depending on the weapon you have equipped (rifle, pistol, machinegun, etc.) and the type of enemy you are up against, can definately influence how you should fight: whether or not you should take cover, when you should crouch, how long you let your weapon bead, what type of ammo you should use (incidiary, em, standard, bio), whether or not your logos abilities work, stuff like that.

We were talking about how they implemented the "mobs" in the game, and it is one aspect I really like.  You feel like you're in a warzone when playing, and aliens being dropped from dropships or warping in out of nowhere is pretty cool.  They warp in with definate objectives most of the time, from what I saw, and that is to take certain locations on the map (control points I'm guessing).  So even though in the back of your mind, you realize it's just another way to introduce mobs, it really masks it quite well due to the premise of the story.  This is a concept other devs need to rip-off, cause it works well.

Anyway, just wanted to be clear that I think I may have spoke too soon on that one issue.

While we were playing last night, Lord British came in and ran a trivia contest of some sort.  Very distracting but kind of cool I guess.

LD

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »

Gamespy had a pretty enthusiastic review (4/5 stars):
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/tabula-rasa/834278p1.html
And most of their staff was very keen on it in their rambling "Pile On" (which is just them sharing individual opinions, and they were all quite hooked).
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/tabula-rasa/833841p1.html

There's still some skepticism about its long term appeal (how well/often they updated it with new content, and if they get an auction house implemented will play a big part in that). The crafting system sounds as baffling as the one that confounded most people in Auto Assault.

I've just got my hands totally full right now (Hellgate and COD4 on PC, SOCOM: Tactical Strike on PSP), but I'm definitely interested in reading about continuing impressions on this. smile I'd just like to see how the initial updates go for TR and how well they're going to support it (the decision not to do an official message board for it is really disappointing to me, considering how well NCSoft ran boards for their other games, even the maligned Auto Assault). icon_confused

I felt let down by the TR beta, but it really was just a mess at the time I tried it. It sounds like it's in far better shape at launch. Given Gods & Heroes' cancellation, and Conan, and Warhammer Online fleeing their original tentative late 2007 release dates, I guess NCSoft should feel good they actually got an MMO out the door at all at this point in the year. smile

If I cancel LOTORO soon I'll be officially "MMO-less," and it might induce me to give this a try. What server do you guys play on? (just in case smile).
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 12:42:53 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

Well I don't have the game yet, but if I get it, I will join the same server as my friend, which I think is Cassiopea (I have no clue how to spell that).

Admittedly, I'm not much of an MMO person, so knowing a good one from a shitty one is not something I claim to be able to discern well.  Other than Guild Wars, (which arguably isn't even an mmo) I don't usually 'stay' with them longer than the original free time period.  But I am such a big sci-fi dork, that I look at something like EvE or Tabula Rasa and I salivate.  I admit that I've been watching him play off and on since he got the game, and I'm drawn to the world, premise, and gameplay; even though technically I don't think the game is anything to write home about. 

His character hit level 8 and now has the ability to heal people and repair machinery (I forget the class name).  He was defending an LZ for about an hour straight the other night, and it was just cool to watch.  He parked his character up on the ramparts of this base next to a huge defensive turret.  He would switch between his rifle and his psionic-like powers to kill the aliens and their monstrous beasts trying to take over the base from the ground while he stayed under the cover of the rampart wall about 20 feet high.  And since he was close to the turret, which was invaluable for taking out the big aliens, he would switch to his repair tool when it was close to blowing up and repair it's shields and structural integrity.  Meanwhile on the ground, you have all the other players doing their parts.  The guys with EMP weapons would take out the shield bots so the machinegunners could gun down the troops.  Snipers sat up on the walls picking off the enemy healers.  The melee guys would fight these dog-looking things while the medics healed them.  Etc...  When the fight is over, all the scientists (or whatever they're called) get out their little tools and start harvesting the bodies and machine reckages for parts or something.

I've honestly never seen anything like it.  I can see why people who are willing to overlook some of the weaknesses of the game can get into it, that's for sure.  There sure as hell is a lot of fighting though.  It reminds me of City of Heroes in that respect.

LD

Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2007, 02:15:53 PM »

I'd love to hear some release impressions on this.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2007, 03:24:13 PM »

Sounds cool, Lockdown. There's no perfect MMO (not even WoW  icon_biggrin) that everyone responds to. I do tend to respond more to heavy combat. LOTORO has plenty of that, but a lot of other stuff to do too (I just felt after a couple high lev characters that I'd done all I cared to do and see there). I just loved the combat and animations so much in COH that I didn't mind that I'd done everything mission wise over the years (though it did finally catch up with me).

TR seems tailor made for me, but I'd like to try a trial version of the full game first (if they do that sometime). Though I guess the problem with that is I wouldn't get to see what higher level content is like.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: