http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 02:23:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SWG  (Read 1722 times)
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
SWG
« on: January 29, 2006, 08:31:45 PM »

I played SWG for a year right after launch and had a blast. Yes, I'm one of the few who liked it.
It's on sale for $15 at Best Buy right now so I thought "What the hell?"
They made a whole buch of changes that have me interested again, I must be nuts  smile

So far I actually like what I see. It feels like a whole new game, which I guess it basically is.
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
SWG
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 08:46:47 PM »

That is, until you realize the changes are just that, changes, with no thought about the game as a whole.

At first it seems interesting and new, but you quickly see how dumb the game it once you get deeper into the station or the asteroid mining colony near the station.  Or if you go down onto a planet you very quickly see that nothing else has changed.

So you have this new gameplay in an engine that was never designed to support this kind of gameplay, with network code that wasn't designed to support this gameplay, an interface that wasn't designed for it, and items abilities, etc...

Not to mention my starting medic pistol is every bit as good as the highest rifle.  There's no point to combat than to just click click click like diablo, but even diablo had various strengths and weaknesses to its abilities.
drifter

View Profile
SWG
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 08:59:38 PM »

But hey you can start as a Jedi now, you just cant use a saber for a decent number of levels, and even when you can you find out that guns are better.

The beginning on the station is well done but once you hit the planet its the same blech.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
SWG
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 10:41:03 PM »

As PC Gamer said:

SWG takes a two year mulligan.

Unfortunately, in the process of starting over, they pissed off (and got to cancel) about 80% of their 'vets', as they left disgusted at the state of the game.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
SWG
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 10:33:13 PM »

Uhg.

Move along. This isn't the mmo you were looking for.
warning

View Profile
SWG
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 10:55:53 PM »

Tongue

Thanks for taking one for the team!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
SWG
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 12:13:48 AM »

How bad was it?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
SWG
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 08:51:23 AM »

i know this hasnt been posted in for a few months but i had this game before final fantasy 11.....it was terrible in my opinion,the graphics were bad the servers were unstable..........

the towns  were good enough and i liked the points of interest,and it was good how you could go from tatooine to naboo and where ever

and apart from the problems i mentioned above,i then went and bought trials of obiwan.............and bang......just when i was starting to get used to it,which wasnt that much...thye changed everything around....now it has actual characters roles you can follow,proberbly to make it more mainstream,i dont know

is this the only MMORPG sony have done?...................if they remade this game from scratch,told sony to piss off,maybe then i will go back to it,because being a big star wars fan i really wanted to get into this game,but found it very hard to even want to try and get into it

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
SWG
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 05:54:03 PM »

This was from the SOE crew, they of Everquest I and II. I do hope Lucasarts yanks the license from them, cans this game completely, then builds a new one from scratch. Hell, it couldn't possibly be any worse.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
SWG
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2006, 05:11:37 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
This was from the SOE crew, they of Everquest I and II. I do hope Lucasarts yanks the license from them, cans this game completely, then builds a new one from scratch. Hell, it couldn't possibly be any worse.

^^^  +1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: