http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 08:51:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SWG: Getting any better?  (Read 1493 times)
Vinda-Lou
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 09, 2005, 08:38:19 PM »

I've been curious about Galaxies, especially with the Jump to Lightspeed add-on.  I played upon release for a month and stopped, but surely things must be more fun now?  Any opinions on the current state of the game from CG-ers?  For instance, what are the player built cities like? (if they exist) and how is it for a newbie to jump into the game and expansion nowadays?  Thanks.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 09:28:23 PM »

Im like you..I played 2 months and got bored and left before Lightspeed. I would'nt hold my breath..it is SOE after all.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 09:54:09 PM »

I'm planning to see how the new combat and related stuff they are adding gets received, but I might give it a shot after that.

I played in the beta for a while and eventually gave up since it just plain wasn't fun.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 03:22:35 PM »

To piggyback on this, how similar is Jump to Lightspeed to a Wing Commander: Privateer type of experience?  Can you have fun just upgrading your ship, getting better ships, customizing it, etc.?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 07:15:34 PM »

I stopped playing after a full year, and it changed dramatically from where it was at release. I'm holding out for the rumor that LucasArts will take it on internally in May, and waiting to see what happens with the combat revamp. I can't think of another game where the game's core functions are so different than when they started. I think they finally realized they released a game with a lot of potential, but far too many awkward means to accomplish anything. I hated crafting, but some people enjoyed it. Go figure.

If they revamp combat so that you don't have to be buffed to the gills to stand even a slight chance in a fight, then I might be interested in going back in.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 11:35:22 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
If they revamp combat so that you don't have to be buffed to the gills to stand even a slight chance in a fight, then I might be interested in going back in.

Yeah, combat in that game was insane. My friend was a doctor/swordsman before we quit and he was a tank. He was lucky enough to make some insane amount of money armorsmithing in the early days so he could buy whatever he wanted. He basically bought the best armor (the top of the line composite armor was so much better than average composite armor it was insane), the best doctor buffs (he saved points by not taking doctor crafting skills) and really the best buffs in general. He really could take on a small army. Hell, i remember going to that one sand people fortress as a low level swordsman, master doctor, joining a group and basically being of comparable power with the entire groups total power since i was fully buffed and they weren't.

If you weren't buffed in that game, you were swatted away like an annoying fly. getting the uber armor just added a new level of insanity.
Ibby
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 12:15:28 AM »

Never mind the fact that most of the uber armor REQUIRED you be be buffed.  Otherwise, you couldn't wear the entire suit due to the stat hits.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 09:18:23 PM »

I just started playing again after about a 4-5 month hiatus, even though I am paid up until Nov. I am currently concentrating on the Lightspeed portion of the game (cleared and yanked my house even...) and I'm having fun again, but the missions pretty much require groups and since I am no longer part of a guild that is a problem.

I have hooked up with some people online a couple of times, but I am trying to find a Rebel pilot guild on Kettemor to hook up with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: