http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 02:49:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 133154 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: July 22, 2013, 03:02:16 PM »

I got my trooper>Vanguard to L44. Finally got to join a fairly large guild that was recruiting (Brethren of the South, and no you don't have to be from The South  icon_smile), and they seem an alright bunch.

I have to say the Trooper Class storyline's "The Gauntlet" instance (about L42-L43 I think) is maybe my favorite in the game. Sorry it took two years to get there.  icon_razz  It's more fun than most Flashpoints imho.

Why?
Spoiler for Hiden:
Finally, you get at least for a few precious minutes to have your entire Havoc Squad in a battle. For that precious amount of time, you might even feel like it's KOTOR, even if you're only controlling your guy and one companion.  icon_smile

After that, the Gauntlet's story forces you to alternate between your different companions to work through the instance.

Also, an earlier story sequence puts Elara (healer/smuggler-ish companion) out of action in the sick bay, so I finally had to learn to rely on the other types, none of whom heal.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 26, 2013, 06:29:01 PM »

So I hadn't played for 1 week or 2 and it won't take my password. I'm sure I had it correct because I recorded it in text file, but I went through the "forgot password" process just in case I recorded it wrong. 4 days later and I still haven't received my email link to complete the password change. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me with an EA game. I also had my EA/Bioware Neverwinter Nights account hacked along with countless others. I'd done with this and any other game that requires EA authentication. Shame because I'd like to play the next Dragon Age game, but EA is just too inept for my tastes to even bother.  finger
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: August 07, 2013, 12:37:45 PM »

Hell froze over, they're introducing Tauntaun mounts on Hoth!!!  icon_biggrin

BREAKING NEWS: Tauntauns Tamed as Mounts on Hoth!
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130806
Determined efforts on Hoth have led to the domestication of the tauntaun, an indigenous species that is well-adapted to the harsh, icy conditions on the planet. Until recently, the animals have proven too ill-tempered to serve as reliable mounts, with even the most docile tauntauns bucking their harnesses and throwing their riders regularly.

Researchers on Hoth are now inviting volunteers to help domesticate the population of wild tauntauns in Whiterock Wastes, Clabburn Tundra, and Icefall Plains. Purchase Tauntaun Lures from the trainers in Aurek Base or Dorn Base, and then locate a nest (macrobinoculars will help). You can feed Lures to taun fawns in the nests for a chance to attract a fully-grown tauntaun. Help the tauntaun defend its nest for long enough and you will collect Tauntaun Domestication Data!

Once you’ve collected enough Tauntaun Domestication Data, you can exchange it for a Mountain Tauntaun or a Tundra Tauntaun at the vendors on Hoth. If you’ve got more credits than you have time to play with animals, you can purchase Domestication Data directly from the Tauntaun Trainer.

We hope you enjoy riding into your next battle on a majestic tauntaun!
subscribers seem to get a slightly different Tauntaun that costs a bit less "domestication data."

I assume you can use these in any zone, you just have to collect the data and purchase the Tauntaun in Hoth. icon_cool

P.S. No, you can't slice your Tauntaun's belly open with a light saber, pull its guts out and use him as a sleeping bag.  tear
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:38:59 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: August 08, 2013, 02:35:47 PM »

Apparently they placed these nests in places where the Republic and Empire factions overlap so you may need to be PVP-prone to enjoy getting the Tauntaun that way.

Otherwise you can buy it outright for 2 million credits -- which sounds like a lot but it does seem by the mid late 40s credits pile up like crazy, whether you're into crafting or not.

The notification e-mail on the 2.3 update also says a Freelancer's Bounty Pack with a Veractyl mount (looks like kind of a huge aqua green chameleon with a lion's mane and an eagle-like beak  icon_smile) will be coming out "soon." So it seems like animal mounts are the mount-wave of the future in SWTOR.

My trooper>Vanguard (he's L45 now)  got bogged down in Belavis just like my smuggler>Gunslinger. Something about the zone turns me off and saps me of the will to play. I haven't bought the Rise of the Hutt Cartel digital expansion cause I just haven't been able to motivate myself to get through the last few levels to 50.

The 2.3 update details were...

SWTOR 2.3 update
http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/titans_of_industry
“Titans of Industry” is a new story arc encompassing two new Flashpoints at level 55: Czerka Corporate Labs and Czerka Core Meltdown. These Flashpoints can be accessed by traveling to a small daily mission area, CZ-198 via your ship or the Priority Transport Terminal. Alternatively, they can be accessed through the Hard Mode Flashpoints (Level 55) category in Group Finder. The story mode for these Flashpoints, on the other hand, is balanced for a group of 2-4 players, which allows Group Finder to match four players of any role – the result should be improved queue times.

Treek [an Ewok mercenary], a deadly and unique new companion character, is now available through the Cartel Market to players at levels 10+. She can also be obtained for credits by players with a Legacy level of 40+.

Our favorite Star Wars animal mount, Tauntauns, can now be obtained and ridden! Where do you get them? On Hoth of course! Travel to the Tauntaun Trainer on Hoth to obtain the tools you need to get your Tauntaun.

Bounty Contract Week will begin next week! Check out the Reputation vendors in the Cartel Bazaar for a preview of the rewards for this event. The Cartel Bazaar is a new area on the fleet that can be accessed from the central elevators.

Need a weapon from a corporation on the cutting edge of weapon design technology? Upgrade to Rating 162 CZR-9001 weapons, which are available to purchase with Elite Commendations on Czerka’s moon base, CZ-198!
I do find it ironic they refer to Tauntauns as "our favorite mounts" -- many of us during late beta asked about Tauntauns and the question was derided with "Why would you want to ride a Tauntaun when you can ride speeders?" C'mon! Nobody should ever ask a Star Wars fan that question.  disgust icon_smile

So maybe Bioware has some devs in place now who actually listenicon_smile
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:45:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: August 08, 2013, 03:58:54 PM »

Oh woe is me. I've become one of "those" gamers. I pay for my fluff rather than work for it..!!
Actually I went to Hoth with the full intention of joining everyone else fighting for nests to earn a Tauntaun.

When I saw how cheap they were to a player with a legacy level 40 and over, I caved and bought the belly hand-warmer.
For subscribers it cost a fair bit less than the non-subbers had to earn for it.

I also got the little mouth piece Treek(new Ewok companion). She never shuts up, but at least she can put her money where her mouth is. Once geared appropriately for the level of your character she is a fun, and potent companion. I also purchased the 3 customization options for her.

I'm having a blast again in game. New area to gain new faction and rewards. The Gree event over on Illum. PvP, not much improvement but I do believe it will get some attention soon.
I have a side hobby in game of collecting mounts. I have a pretty nice stable of rides accumulated.

They've begun tweaking the game visuals as well. This is showing me with everything else, that SWToR isn't just coasting along, but growing in vision and growth. I'm beginning to believe again.

If you've been thinking about jumping back in, do it!! Even from the starting level's the game has improved a lot.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: August 09, 2013, 05:30:31 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on August 08, 2013, 03:58:54 PM

They've begun tweaking the game visuals as well. This is showing me with everything else, that SWToR isn't just coasting along, but growing in vision and growth. I'm beginning to believe again.
Even though space combat is dead in the eyes of mainstream publishers (it remains to be seen whether Star Citizens' millions in crowd funding impacts the mainstream viewpoint), I naively retain a hope Bioware might review the little-played space combat, tear it out and rebuild it into a real game that provides a full, parallel experience to the ground stuff.

Ya know, even if it's just "relative freedom of movement within limited zones," that would be more fun in my book. It doesn't have to be as ambitious as Freelancer per se, just give me a chance to decide how I want to attack a capital ship, and from what direction, etc. I do wish maybe they would dig up someone from the Freelancer dev team just because the mouse/key controls for that were well done, imho.

Why do I think that? Well, if Bioware can go around from saying, "Why would you want a Tauntaun when you can ride all sorts of speeders" to saying "Oh what the hell, you fans want them, so we'll give you Tauntaun mounts!" then I think there is A New Hope  Roll Eyes for all sorts of stuff we never thought we'd get in SWTOR.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:32:58 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: October 15, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »

Hell froze over?  icon_biggrin

Galactic Starfighter expansion announced (free, PvP-only, reps say on forums)
http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter?utm_source=%28not_set%29&utm_medium=crm&utm_campaign=sor_bwa-crm-t-en-wave_02_ret-001&sourceid=sor_bwa-crm-t-en-wave_02_ret-001
Experience epic Player-vs-Player (PvP) dogfighting in the new Free-to-Play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Expansion, Galactic Starfighter.

Join 12v12 free flight combat action and jump into fierce factional battles as the war between the Sith Empire and the Galactic Republic explodes into space.

Compete and advance to earn ground game rewards plus new weapons, powers and abilities to customize your ultimate Starfighter!
At the forums, reps confirmed this will be "off rails" (you fly where you want to), and there'll be a leveling and progression system of its own for space combat.

Although I cannot go into specifics yet, what I can say is that there is a system of leveling and progression for Galactic Starfighter itself, and just like the rest of SWTOR, subscribers will get a bonus to that progression.

-eric
=============
There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.
-----------------------
It will be free, that is correct!
The trailer promises multiple gameplay modes, though they aren't spelled out.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 10:20:05 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: October 15, 2013, 10:27:01 PM »

tried firing this up last week.  went to use my iOS authenticator only to find out that apparently iOS7 screwed it up and it was constantly crashing before I could get a code.  uninstalled it, removed the authenticator from my account and went to add it back, only to find out apparently you cannot add another digital authenticator for some stupid reason.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: October 24, 2013, 12:22:56 AM »

just got this email:

Hello,

We wanted to let you know that on November 12, 2013, we will be initiating a “Character Name Renewal” program which could affect some of your characters.

If you are a Free-to-Play player:

If your character is below level 10, and you have not played that character in the last 60 days, your character will be flagged for rename.
    If your character is below level 30, and you have not played that character in the last 120 days, your character will be flagged for rename.
    Characters level 30 and above will be unaffected.

If you are a Preferred Status player:

If your character is below level 10, and you have not played that character in the last 90 days, your character will be flagged for rename
    If your character is below level 30, and you have not played that character in the last 180 days, your character will be flagged for rename.
    Characters level 30 and above will be unaffected.

If you are or become a Subscriber:

You will be unaffected by this Character Name Renewal program.

If you don’t want to risk losing any of your character names, be sure to log in to each character by November 11, 2013, 11:59PM PST//7:59AM GMT.

May the Force™ be with You!
Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

seriously?  are they running out of names?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: October 24, 2013, 05:41:50 AM »

No, subscribers

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3090 on: October 24, 2013, 08:05:03 PM »

Yet again another reason why EVERY SINGLE DAMN MMO MADE MUST use Cryptic's naming system - you're known as Playername@AccountName on their set of games.

So there can be a million people named Bob standing right next to each other without any issue because it's Bob@AccountName1, Bob@AccountName2, etc etc.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: