http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 09:17:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 124992 times)
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 08, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 08, 2012, 06:57:42 PM

yeah, I found that earlier.  I'm just not good at interpreting when I should throw the interrupts (or even which ones are best) or how to control the companion.  My is usually dead within 25-30 seconds so he's not much help at all.

Like I said, this is my first MMO so a lot of what seems to be second nature to the people making those posts is all new stuff for me.

If it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat.  Tatooine has proved to be 100X harder than the rest of the game, and while I'm doing a bit better learning when to do things (i.e. interrupts), I still feel like a complete noob out there.  I've so far been able to squeak past all my encounters, but it's typically often with only a sliver of health remaining.  I'm working through the Jedi class quest on Tatooine, but am supposed to face off with a big bad that I have the feeling will kick my ass...even though the quest is green.   icon_redface

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 08, 2012, 07:17:49 PM »

Tatooine wasn't  bad as a Jedi Sentinel, but Alderaan kicked my ass initially even though I was almost overlevel when I got there. I ended up respeccing my skills and it's been smooth sailing so far (other than the one boss fight where the autotargeting decided to target the guy in the other side of the room instead of the guy in front of me, causing the boss to aggro on me sooner than I wantedo him to).

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 08, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

I tried five more times using the suggestions from that thread and at best I can fight him to a draw for about five minutes until the Sith jumps in and starts pounding on me.   I try to get Corso to ignore the sith girl and concentrate on Diago but he ends up dead almost immediately and I keep throwing interrupts at Diago to try to stop his ridiculous healing ability but can never get him down beyond 25% damage at which point I'm completely out of power for attacks and he manages to heal back up to 50% before I can start causing him damage again.  Repeat until the Sith girl starts tossing spells (or whatever) at me until I die.

At this rate I've managed to burn through about $40,000 in equipment repairs, med packs, and stims with nothing to show for it.

Fuck this.  

Guess I'll go back and continue my Trooper story on Chapter 2.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 11:25:47 PM by TK-421 » Logged

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: January 09, 2012, 12:34:23 AM »

Here's a video.  I have no idea how much their abilities parallel what you're capable of.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 09, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »

I couldn't tell what was going on in that video.

A lot of what I could make out is stuff that I'm doing but his health dropped way way faster than what it seems to for my.  I am running over to where they went to and trying a lot of the same things but Corso dies almost right away leaving me to trade shots with Diago and he always heals faster than I can damage him.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 09, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »

Are you sure your and your companion are fully geared up for your level?

also the video clearly shows there is more than one mob, but you said there is only one so I'm confused again.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: January 09, 2012, 02:43:42 AM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 09, 2012, 12:46:08 AM

I couldn't tell what was going on in that video.

A lot of what I could make out is stuff that I'm doing but his health dropped way way faster than what it seems to for my.  I am running over to where they went to and trying a lot of the same things but Corso dies almost right away leaving me to trade shots with Diago and he always heals faster than I can damage him.

I'm confused by that video too. I'm guessing Corso pulled Diago away from Zare so Zare didn't come and help pound the player smuggler. Then, for some reason Diago is floating in the air. Is that because the Jedi did a force lift? But, it doesn't seem like the jedi was player controlled, so is that just a scripted event or something that happens at random? And then Diago seems to still be floating in the air even while the smuggler is hitting him with everything he's got. Shouldn't the first couple of hits have freed Diago from the force lift?

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 09, 2012, 03:06:51 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 09, 2012, 01:19:45 AM

Are you sure your and your companion are fully geared up for your level?

also the video clearly shows there is more than one mob, but you said there is only one so I'm confused again.

As noted in my original frustrated post I mentioned that we are actually geared above the level for this mission.  I also noted that the object is to first take out Diago while the Jedi and Sith battle it out.  You can effectively ignore that battle while taking out Diago so, yeah, only one person in this case.  Once Diago is taken care of then you can assist the Jedi against the Sith.

Unfortunately, I suck like a Hoover and can't get past Diago.

I'm confused by that video too. I'm guessing Corso pulled Diago away from Zare so Zare didn't come and help pound the player smuggler. Then, for some reason Diago is floating in the air. Is that because the Jedi did a force lift? But, it doesn't seem like the jedi was player controlled, so is that just a scripted event or something that happens at random? And then Diago seems to still be floating in the air even while the smuggler is hitting him with everything he's got. Shouldn't the first couple of hits have freed Diago from the force lift?

Yeah, the Jedi force lifts Diago for the first few seconds of the battle.  That allows us to bring his health down to about 50%.  Then he comes out of it and he starts tossing out some damage, then even though I'm tossing interrupts his way whenever I can, he does his super heal.  I can get him down to 15% health during the fighting but Corso gets knocked out and I can't do enough damage or toss enough interrupts to keep Diago from super healing.  After that it's a stalemate until the timer runs out on the Jedi/Sith battle and the Sith starts tossing damage at me and I die.

The worst part is that it then tosses you completely out of the instance and you have to fight your way all the way back through the respawned minions again.

I've already moved on to Alderaan and completed a bunch of missions there but am underpowered for the Duel mission on that planet and can't get any more missions for that planet until I do.   

So Smuggler is back on hold again while I continue my Trooper story. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:15:08 AM by TK-421 » Logged

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: January 09, 2012, 03:44:53 AM »

It looks like you're going to have to recruit some help...since it's a class quest you should be able to group up with anyone besides a smuggler.  Sounds like a sage would be ideal...lots of interrupts and healing with decent dps too.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 09, 2012, 03:52:33 AM »

Quote from: ericb on January 09, 2012, 03:44:53 AM

It looks like you're going to have to recruit some help...since it's a class quest you should be able to group up with anyone besides a smuggler.  Sounds like a sage would be ideal...lots of interrupts and healing with decent dps too.
You can group with same class for class quest
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: January 09, 2012, 03:53:59 AM »

I'll gladly take any help available if anybody is on Elysium server.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: January 09, 2012, 02:34:44 PM »

I was kind of excited to get M1-4X because he looked to be a real tank (I keep drawing aggro when using Aric Jorgan), but he kind of sucks. He's got lots of HP, but it gets burned down very quickly. I'm even 4 levels above the mobs on Tatooine. I might wind up going back to Jorgan, which would be sad, because having M1-4X is like traveling with an intelligent Captain Qwark smile

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: January 09, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 09, 2012, 03:52:33 AM

Quote from: ericb on January 09, 2012, 03:44:53 AM

It looks like you're going to have to recruit some help...since it's a class quest you should be able to group up with anyone besides a smuggler.  Sounds like a sage would be ideal...lots of interrupts and healing with decent dps too.
You can group with same class for class quest
This was how I got through this, TK-421, I (Gunslinger) recruited a like-level Scoundrel off my friends list.

fwiw (it sounds like folks here have covered most of the possible tips), what this Scoundrel told me I should do is:
Spoiler for Hiden:
According to him, don't even attack the Sith boss at all -- that's the female NPC Jedi's job. Target Diago, and also focus your companion on Diago too.
Now, since the Scoundrel helped me out anyway (he gave me the above advice and then went ahead and teamed up with me), I can't really verify it would've helped me succeed solo. icon_smile

fwiw, I always add anyone reasonably friendly from group questing. Regardless of whether we keep in touch or not, I have on occasion just messaged someone off the friends list and gotten help on something tough.  icon_smile Sometimes it's a little more helpful, faster than general chat cause you can scan your friends list for folks near your level and in your zone and know right away "hey i teamed with this guy before and he seemed OK."

I also had a really nasty quest instance boss on Quesh around 38 or so. Even when I re-visited at 42, he still kicked my and my companion's heinies. After much fruitless searching for help on it, ultimately I just abandoned the quest (not a storyline one) to make some more quest log room.

In the early 40s you'll finally get your own healer companion (a "real" one, akin to a Scoundrel w/ Sawbones, not one like the generally incompetent ship droid). At 43, I now find it hard to justify bringing anyone else, though on certain elites, having a really high dps companion that doesn't draw aggro to herself (Risha) too much seems better. While I still use each of the companions for one situation or another, it's tough to beat having a healer.

I struggle a bit with all these quest rewards that involve choosing 1 of 5 companions' gear or weapon. I'm trying to improve each companion's equipment, but you get in a bind of "do I improve this companion's equipment/weapons by a greater degree, even though I don't use him/her as much as companion B?"

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: January 09, 2012, 03:08:01 PM »

I know about not attacking the Sith.  I have always left her alone since the fight between her and the Jedi is staged for the first part of the battle.  In fact, if you watch, neither of them takes any damage for the first 30-45 seconds or so despite all of the fireworks going off.

Bashtor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: January 09, 2012, 05:24:15 PM »

I had a really hard time on it the Tatooine Smuggler end battle as well. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
Are you keeping Corso on passive to keep the idiot from using any of his area effect attacks?  Corso kept pulling the Sith from area effects, I think, with me at first.  Also, the only things I worried about interupting were the green icons (I'm pretty sure that was the heal one).  I used Dirty Kick for the first interrupt, which gave me the chance to get some extra damage while he was stunned, then used distraction, then used flash grenade (just made sure I was far enough away to not area effect the Sith), then distraction was ready again (I think).  I was on the bridge.  After I beat Diago, I did not use any special attacks on the Sith, just plicked her with my normal attack and let the Jedi keep the aggro.  I even kept Corso on passive.  Once she finally came at me (Had about 1/3 of her health left), I activated Corso and laid into her.  Sadly, I went from getting wiped immediately to finishing with over half of my health.

You may of already been trying all this, and, if so, I feel for you.  I know I wiped in the double digits on this fight.  No other fights have been even close to this tough, in my opinion (I'm a level 38 Gunslinger now).  Hope this helps at least a little.  Good luck.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: January 09, 2012, 06:58:20 PM »

That sounds like a really frustrating fight TK-421.  Up to level 30 I really haven't had any boss fights anywhere close to that in frustration as a bounty hunter.  I think I would start checking for help from other players after the 4th or 5th attempt.  There has to another smuggler that would like to close out that quest too.  As Hark said, you can just toggle the box that lets same class players join you.

I have pretty good reaction time, but I've found interrupts to be hard to pull off realiably.  If I could adjust the UI to make the targeted enemy's skill bar more prominent, I think that would help.  I'm ok when they're using a long casting or channeled abilities, it's the quicker ones that I miss.  Powertech's have a good melee range interrupt that can be further specialized to have a cool down of only 4 seconds (I think).  It has the animation of the smuggler's pistol whip ability.  I couldn't imagine trying to pvp with a powertech in my face interrupting me every 4 seconds.  That would be annoying as hell.     
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: January 10, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »

Question on space battles:

Are there certain hard points on the capital ships and cruisers that simply can't be destroyed?  I'm referring to the antenna array at the bottom of the circular base and the bridge of the capital ship.  Even the cruiser has a target that won't blow up (it is just in front of the engines.)  I shoot missiles and pound them with lasers and they only flash with blue and white circles but never get destroyed.  I'm just wondering if I need to hit them harder or they simply won't blow up (even though they are a target, i.e. surrounded by a red circle.)

Any advice?

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: January 10, 2012, 01:09:48 AM »

Quote from: Dunamis on January 10, 2012, 12:47:55 AM

Question on space battles:

Are there certain hard points on the capital ships and cruisers that simply can't be destroyed?  I'm referring to the antenna array at the bottom of the circular base and the bridge of the capital ship.  Even the cruiser has a target that won't blow up (it is just in front of the engines.)  I shoot missiles and pound them with lasers and they only flash with blue and white circles but never get destroyed.  I'm just wondering if I need to hit them harder or they simply won't blow up (even though they are a target, i.e. surrounded by a red circle.)

Any advice?

yes, there are points that can only be destroyed by missiles and torps, and there are also points that can only be destroyed by torps.
Chordian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2738 on: January 10, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »

Regarding difficulty spikes - I've had some of those too that I've been wondering about.

During chapter 1 there were difficult bosses but I still managed to kill them in the first or second try (even the chapter 1 end boss), so I thought I was keeping up nicely with skills and gear. Then I hit Balmorra (in Bugtown, the Republic side as Jedi Sage) at level 32 and got a bonus where I had to kill colicoids (insect-like species with fast jumps) followed by destroying their eggs and nests. I think the mission was for level 33 so I was just one level below.

The first part of the bonus was a combined kill many strong colicoids and three elite colicoids. The elite colicoids were handing me my ass like raid bosses. I really had to give it everything I had; interrupts, stun, medipaks, healing, force wave, even kiting away with the running ability. After killing the first two elite colicoids my companion and I had just a sliver of health left, and the third one even managed to kill me once.

I know I was one level below, but I still think that was a bit harsh. Sometimes I wouldn't mind if BioWare tuned it down just a little bit. Although I managed to complete the bonus, I went back to Tatooine instead and continued with an extra bonus mission series I left behind (now green quests and way easier).
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: January 10, 2012, 01:30:31 PM »

I finally beat that damned Smuggler mission.  For whatever reason it just all fell together this morning and I was able to get through it handily.

Headed back to Alderaan so I can complete my class missions there since I've already completed about half of the non-class missions already.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions (not to mention putting up with my ranting).

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: January 10, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »

Does anyone know how to get schematics for crafting items that aren't trained? For example, as armstech I get recipes for +aim and +cunning barrels, but I'd like to be able to make "Commando" barrels which are aim/end but weighted towards end.

Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: January 10, 2012, 04:13:50 PM »

IIRC Slicing gives you random schematics.  Check the GTN and maybe someone is selling the one you want.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: January 10, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 10, 2012, 01:30:31 PM

I finally beat that damned Smuggler mission.  For whatever reason it just all fell together this morning and I was able to get through it handily.

Headed back to Alderaan so I can complete my class missions there since I've already completed about half of the non-class missions already.

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions (not to mention putting up with my ranting).
fwiw, Bioware just announced at forums they'll be patching the final Jedi storyline mission because everyone perceived it as too tough to solo. It wouldn't surprise me if this Smuggler one got adjusted a bit at some point too.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Bashtor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: January 10, 2012, 04:46:49 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 10, 2012, 01:30:31 PM

Glad to hear you beat it.  As I said, I haven't had that much trouble with any other boss fights, so you should have smooth sailing (at least until Hoth and beyond, haven't been there yet, so can't speak on it yet).  All other tougher fights I was able to clean out the trash support, die, and beat the boss solo without it reseting.  I think the restarts were the most annoying part of that mission and I haven't had that happen anywhere else.  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:55:50 PM by Bashtor » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: January 10, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 10, 2012, 02:55:01 PM

Does anyone know how to get schematics for crafting items that aren't trained? For example, as armstech I get recipes for +aim and +cunning barrels, but I'd like to be able to make "Commando" barrels which are aim/end but weighted towards end.

slicing, treasure hunting, and drops
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: January 10, 2012, 08:38:07 PM »

So, interesting - I looked at the upcoming recipes at the trainer and starting at Commando Barrel 13, you start learning Commando Barrels. Kind of weird, I don't know why they do it that way.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: January 10, 2012, 10:30:18 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 10, 2012, 08:38:07 PM

So, interesting - I looked at the upcoming recipes at the trainer and starting at Commando Barrel 13, you start learning Commando Barrels. Kind of weird, I don't know why they do it that way.

probably just to try to keep it simple as people learn, same reason you dont' start off with 4 hotbars of crap at level 1
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: January 10, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 10, 2012, 05:02:25 PM

I have 400 slicing and can say I've never gotten any crafting schematics from 1-400.  I have plenty of mission discoveries (20+) but no schematics at all.  They must drop pretty frequently from whatever does drop them because there are a ton listed on the neutral and regular GTN terminals.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: January 10, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »

Quote from: ericb on January 10, 2012, 11:43:12 PM

I have 400 slicing and can say I've never gotten any crafting schematics from 1-400.  I have plenty of mission discoveries (20+) but no schematics at all.  They must drop pretty frequently from whatever does drop them because there are a ton listed on the neutral and regular GTN terminals.

I got them, but I think it was via Underworld Trading.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: January 11, 2012, 02:25:24 AM »

I got 2 schematics from slicing and tons of missions.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: January 11, 2012, 04:12:16 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 11, 2012, 02:25:24 AM

I got 2 schematics from slicing and tons of missions.

Yep, i still have some high level (350 skill and up) Cyber schematics from Hark.  But I seem to always get synth weaving a lot from Underworld tradinf

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: January 11, 2012, 05:21:28 AM »

I learn not recipes (not technically schematics, but the same end result) by doing reverse engineering of stuff I have crafted.  I have also gotten schematics from drops and missions.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: January 11, 2012, 05:29:37 AM »

As more time goes by, I'm becoming convinced everyone's going to be sick of the game by the time I get my new rig and any characters of decent level.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: January 11, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 11, 2012, 05:29:37 AM

As more time goes by, I'm becoming convinced everyone's going to be sick of the game by the time I get my new rig and any characters of decent level.

I probably will be fwiw  ninja
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: January 11, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 11, 2012, 01:30:19 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 11, 2012, 05:29:37 AM

I probably will be fwiw  ninja

Well you were never supposed to be playing the game to start with...

Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: January 11, 2012, 08:44:26 PM »

I would swear that I have had several drop as rewards from investigation?  Also, I think they usually drop when you crit on your mission role, i.e. you get the regular mission reward plus a schematic or another mission.  For me, that seems to be about 10% of the time (which jives with Maco's crit ability percent.)

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: January 11, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »

Is there a more comprehensive TOR database site out there than TorHead?

I'm trying to track down orange (or moddable blue) gear for my Level 26 Trooper.  TOR shows such gear but doesn't show where it drops or who sells it.   saywhat
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: January 12, 2012, 01:18:05 AM »

Quote from: Exodor on January 11, 2012, 08:53:07 PM

Is there a more comprehensive TOR database site out there than TorHead?

I'm trying to track down orange (or moddable blue) gear for my Level 26 Trooper.  TOR shows such gear but doesn't show where it drops or who sells it.   saywhat

Check the heavy armor vendors on the planets (not the mod vendors).  I thought it was a regular vendor but I checked and many of them sell orange armor too (I know the one on tatooine has like four orange heavy armor chest pieces).  Also the light side and dark side vendors sell the off pieces (gloves, boots, etc).  Flashpoints are pretty much 100% drop on the final boss.  And finally check the neutral and regular GTN stations...I often find cheap orange gear on the neutral GTN because it has around 10% of the volume of the regular one so the prices don't get jacked way up.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: January 12, 2012, 10:57:01 AM »

the killing of 3-5 mobs is becoming draining and multiplied by a crazy fast spawn. 5 more levels, but god damn the personal dungeon spawns needs to be halved. most of the time i say fuck it, die and port out. whatever cash is flowing water no loss.

finally started to run into sith, unfortunately it's usually 2 or 3 at a time. so meh.

they really need to focus on fixing the ability delay. it absolutely makes healing in pvp an impossibility. ok, not impossible, but combined with the delay of unit frames updating and that people die more than they should. i almost can not pvp with the current method, it's just plain broken.

thank god about higher res textures. their excuse was bullshit. we don't need to be pampered about what our pcs can handle. don't take my options away, this isn't a console bullshit port.

space missions finally getting challenging. i somehow did not realize the power converter thingie was purchasable at a lower level. they really need to get their sorting list working right. i thought every ship upgrade you buy with commendations was 50. apparently that was 20'ish. so beating higher level missions w/o it makes me feel good i guess.

ah is still a mess, but i'm absolutely making a killing on it. it can be an extra 20-50k a day depending on how much i play in a day to run missions. people pay fairly well for purple missions. other bullshit stuff i get i put for 500-1000 and they usually sell within a day or 2. when i found out you can't go from speeder 1 to 3 at 50 i purchased 2 right away. when i did i had 800k, this was 2 days ago. i'm now almost back to 800k. this is a massive change from barely being able to afford speeder 1. people cry slicing was nerfed, you're doing it wrong.

i really hope bioware makes their planets more alive. we need a day/night cycle and some weather. when wow got weather is vastly changed how stale the world felt. i was on hoth with no snow. i guess that's pretty accurate to the weather in real life, but what? how do you have hoth with no snow? might as well make it rain tattooine!

the sage story is pretty good so far, it's like when chapter 3 hit shit went bonkers. finally got some companions i don't hate personality wise. nadia is awesome and just destroys. i got her a new double blade saber today but haven't tried it yet. plus her personality isn't that of bread.

it's like a lot of minor easily fixed things are holding this game back from greatness. my priority for things to fix should be
ability delay. this is absolutely game breaking right now
UI, i said enough a lot
make the worlds feel alive and different from each other.
and as a long shot. they game really needs branching leveling paths. I've messed around with a few alts here and there and just pretty much space bar things. but then I find i'm tired of this planet because it's literally the same quests. again and until i hit 50. i would give them a pass if the worlds didn't feel so dull. if someone told me these were hand crafted as much as wow's i'd call them a liar. and i'm sure bioware claims this too.

despite all this it's still fairly fun or maybe i'm just starved for a scifi mmo, or game in general.
Chordian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2759 on: January 12, 2012, 12:32:23 PM »

Personally I'd rather have BioWare did something about the shadow technology they use. I ran Crysis and Witcher 2 on my computer with almost everything at max, but the shadows in SWTOR did bad things to my framerate so I had to turn them off.

Agree with the respawning in dungeons. Often I just use my 30 minutes teleport at that point. Having to fight the same enemies on my way out is not fun.

I actually like that the game doesn't have day/night cycles. I hated it in LOTRO - made everything too dark and I'm not keen on just turning everything up with gamma. Sometimes when I logged onto LOTRO and discovered that it was nighttime I often groaned.

One thing I really like is the countdown before being PvP flagged. In WoW you were just PvP flagged instantly. Here you actually have a chance to back out and avoid it. (I'm probably the worst anti-PvP carebear in the world.)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:36:33 PM by Chordian » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: