http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 02:09:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 127294 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: January 05, 2012, 03:17:01 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 05, 2012, 12:35:19 AM

There are 3 GTNs per server - all the good guys, all the bad guys, and Nar Shadda (or whatever the planet is called) that holds a 'neutral' GTN (that both sides can use). So yes, the GTNs are linked on their respective sides.

I found one in the contested zone on Tatooine.  didn't get to try and access it though as a level 45 Sith player was in the building that held it, but I'd imagine it was a neutral one too.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: January 05, 2012, 03:23:59 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on January 05, 2012, 02:28:24 AM

Anyone hit 50 yet?  What all is there to do once you hit it?  If nothing, I am okay with making an alt, but I probably won't put in the insane amount of time I've been putting in to rush this trooper to 50.  My PC backlog will thank me.

I hit 50 tonight on my sith warrior juggernaut tank. I already had my speeder bike built (from schematic I bought off the auction house). After I bought the skill, all the 50th skills, I went over to my cybertech trainer and trained a bunch of stuff. Due to money concerns I only was learning enough cybertech trainer patterns to level it up and make stuff only relevant to my character. I STILL didn't have enough credits to get them all.

The next "step" is to go to Ilum or whatever its called (lvl 50 planet) and work on getting commendations for epic mods. I got all the epic ship components but still having some trouble with the last two space missions. Gonna work on getting those done at some point. Other than that, I am trying to uncover some epic cybertech patterns by making greens, reverse engineering those to discover a blue pattern, then RE'ing it to get an epic one. So I having been sending 5 companions out at a time to scavenge and underworld trade for materials.

I got 4 alts between 10 and 15, so will soon be looking to get those going.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: January 05, 2012, 05:37:03 AM »

Got a little time to play in tonight and got my speeder and level 2 skill.  I took the one vehicle that had teeth painted on the display model, but when you buy it, it doesn't have the cool teeth painted on there.  I feel ripped off.  I actually would have gotten a different one had I known it didn't have that cool paint job.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:52 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on January 05, 2012, 05:37:03 AM

Got a little time to play in tonight and got my speeder and level 2 skill.  I took the one vehicle that had teeth painted on the display model, but when you buy it, it doesn't have the cool teeth painted on there.  I feel ripped off.  I actually would have gotten a different one had I known it didn't have that cool paint job.
It had the teeth on it when I bought it, but not when I looked at the display model.  I was disappointed mine had the teeth. lol
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: January 05, 2012, 09:17:55 AM »

sometimes I just want to be able to take out my lightsaber and lop off the head of a new quest giver, especially when I think I'm done with a planet and they just keep popping up.  of course I'd probably have to hit them a few dozen times to kill them, because their collar would be lightsaber resistant......

Because I can,
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: January 05, 2012, 09:23:57 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 05, 2012, 09:17:55 AM

sometimes I just want to be able to take out my lightsaber and lop off the head of a new quest giver, especially when I think I'm done with a planet and they just keep popping up.  of course I'd probably have to hit them a few dozen times to kill them, because their collar would be lightsaber resistant......

I really love the game.  But I would say the planets are about 30% larger than I would like.  They should have created more smaller planets. 
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:28 AM »

Quote from: Toe on January 05, 2012, 03:23:59 AM

Quote from: The Grue on January 05, 2012, 02:28:24 AM

Anyone hit 50 yet?  What all is there to do once you hit it?  If nothing, I am okay with making an alt, but I probably won't put in the insane amount of time I've been putting in to rush this trooper to 50.  My PC backlog will thank me.

I hit 50 tonight on my sith warrior juggernaut tank. I already had my speeder bike built (from schematic I bought off the auction house). After I bought the skill, all the 50th skills, I went over to my cybertech trainer and trained a bunch of stuff. Due to money concerns I only was learning enough cybertech trainer patterns to level it up and make stuff only relevant to my character. I STILL didn't have enough credits to get them all.

The next "step" is to go to Ilum or whatever its called (lvl 50 planet) and work on getting commendations for epic mods. I got all the epic ship components but still having some trouble with the last two space missions. Gonna work on getting those done at some point. Other than that, I am trying to uncover some epic cybertech patterns by making greens, reverse engineering those to discover a blue pattern, then RE'ing it to get an epic one. So I having been sending 5 companions out at a time to scavenge and underworld trade for materials.

I got 4 alts between 10 and 15, so will soon be looking to get those going.

Now there's a guy who is milking this game for all it has to offer..Good on ya. Where I fail at MMO's. well one area only I guess...is the grouping. I don't know what happened, because years ago I was an avid grouper(isn't that a fish?)...I think since WoW I've been turned off it completely. I've been playing ToR since the first day of early head start. I've grouped once. I have yet to do a flashpoint, or any other "more than one" needed content.
I've lost my desire to really socialize in MMO's, which probably is my root problem for all the non-group stuff I do. But it bugs me at times that I lack the desire to socialize and group because I know Im missing out on content that talented people created to be part of the over-all experience.
But obviously it doesn't bother me enough to change my game play habits....My loss, for sure.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: January 05, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on January 05, 2012, 03:01:21 AM

Um...what is GTN?

Galactic Trade Network.  Equivalent to an auction house in other MMO's.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Chordian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2688 on: January 05, 2012, 12:13:50 PM »

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: January 05, 2012, 01:47:28 PM »

Guild chat bug was fixed in a patch this morning.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: January 05, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on January 05, 2012, 10:57:49 AM

Um...what is GTN?

Ah, thanks.  I haven't come across that yet, so I'm not sure how it works.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Chordian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2691 on: January 05, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »

I also had a commendation in my bank since low levels. I think I got it in a mail. No matter what I tried it wouldn't go into my Currency tab.

Commendations received via in-game mail are now correctly added to the Currency tab.

The commendation was gone from the bank as I logged in. Mission apparently accomplished (but I couldn't remember how many commendations of that type I already had).
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: January 05, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on January 05, 2012, 01:56:01 PM

Quote from: Elmo on January 05, 2012, 10:57:49 AM

Um...what is GTN?

Ah, thanks.  I haven't come across that yet, so I'm not sure how it works.
The first AH access in in Coruscant I think, near the galactic market vendors. Although I used it a bit early on to get better pistols, the reward loot eventually was pretty awesome and I didn't feel the need to use AH much.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Chordian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2693 on: January 05, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »

The AH in SWTOR gets a lot of flak these days, but at least they have one thing right that LOTRO never did: A reset button. I never understood why Turbine wouldn't want to add this logical button to their AH interface. Every time I had to make a new search I had to meticulously delete or correct text input and close previously opened item trees. Not fun.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: January 05, 2012, 04:15:26 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 05, 2012, 03:43:30 PM

The first AH access in in Coruscant I think, near the galactic market vendors. Although I used it a bit early on to get better pistols, the reward loot eventually was pretty awesome and I didn't feel the need to use AH much.
[/quote]

Actually, it is the Fleet.  They have them on there in the same section where you can buy speeders, light and dark side stuff, etc.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: January 05, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »

Without selling any gathering resources or loot items at the auction house, I easily had enough credits to purchase a speeder at lvl 25 from just questing and selling junk.  48K for speeder training plus a noob speeder, and I had about 75k when I hit 25.  Credits seem to come fairly easy in this game (at least upto lvl 25).  If it's that easy to amass enough credits for the major purchases, hopefully the gold selling companies won't find enough customers in swtor to justify their time/expense.   
Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: January 05, 2012, 06:16:55 PM »

I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far.  I have a bounty hunter up to level 28 now.

Just curious, what are all these droid parts I keep getting, i.e. core, motor, etc. used for?  Can you build a droid somehow and what does he do? 

This part has not been intuitive to me so any help is appreciated.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: January 05, 2012, 06:22:34 PM »

Quote from: Dunamis on January 05, 2012, 06:16:55 PM

I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far.  I have a bounty hunter up to level 28 now.

Just curious, what are all these droid parts I keep getting, i.e. core, motor, etc. used for?  Can you build a droid somehow and what does he do? 

You equip them on your droid companion. He's called T7 on the Republic side, not sure if there's an Empire equivalent.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: January 05, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on January 05, 2012, 06:22:34 PM

You equip them on your droid companion. He's called T7 on the Republic side, not sure if there's an Empire equivalent.
I've been equipping them on my ship steward droid, since I don't think bounty hunters get another droid-type companion.  Although, I don't know why I'd want to bring him anywhere outside the ship since Mako handles healing duties.  Maybe those parts can be used by Jedi Knights and Troopers for their droid combat companions.   
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: January 05, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

Because I can,
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2700 on: January 05, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 05, 2012, 06:36:17 PM

I've been equipping them on my ship steward droid, since I don't think bounty hunters get another droid-type companion.  Although, I don't know why I'd want to bring him anywhere outside the ship since Mako handles healing duties.  Maybe those parts can be used by Jedi Knights and Troopers for their droid combat companions.   

They can.  The trooper gets a rather impressive battle droid companion.  Unfortunately, I haven't acquired enough suitable droid parts to make him a viable combat companion so have stuck with using either Aric or Elorna as they both have well leveled arms, armor, and equipment.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: January 05, 2012, 07:29:36 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 05, 2012, 07:16:57 PM

They can.  The trooper gets a rather impressive battle droid companion.  Unfortunately, I haven't acquired enough suitable droid parts to make him a viable combat companion so have stuck with using either Aric or Elorna as they both have well leveled arms, armor, and equipment.

I guess I should have just assumed you'd play a Trooper.

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 05, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »

smile

Actually the Smuggler is much closer to my lecherous, larcenous heart but I hit a wall with him on Tatooine (final boss battle for that story/planet) and had to quite playing him before I had a stroke, fully intending to return to him shortly.  I then started on the Trooper and have been having so much with the story that I've kept going with him.  Now I've hit a wall with him on a story boss battle (that doesn't take place on a planet) so I might just go back and level up my Smuggler a bit and go back to take on the boss battle that was giving me such a difficult time earlier.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:33:58 PM by TK-421 » Logged

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 05, 2012, 10:07:37 PM »

And it looks like I may have found a cheesy solution to my boss problems.

Apparently, typing /getdown during a fight will cause your toon to break into a funky routine that not only constantly interrupts the boss attacks but also conveys invulnerability on your funkalicious avatar.

Edit:  Aw dang.  It looks like they fixed it today.

Bug Fixes:
Social emotes (like /getdown) can no longer interfere with combat.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:09:44 PM by TK-421 » Logged

ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 05, 2012, 10:11:23 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 05, 2012, 05:40:16 PM

Without selling any gathering resources or loot items at the auction house, I easily had enough credits to purchase a speeder at lvl 25 from just questing and selling junk.  48K for speeder training plus a noob speeder, and I had about 75k when I hit 25.  Credits seem to come fairly easy in this game (at least upto lvl 25).  If it's that easy to amass enough credits for the major purchases, hopefully the gold selling companies won't find enough customers in swtor to justify their time/expense.   

Credit really start rolling in at a good clip starting in Alderaan.  I'm sure I would have a huge amount of cash saved up if I hadn't wasted it all crafting.  The training costs go way up too though as do the repair costs.  At level 40 it's not unusual to spend 50-60k at the class trainer on level up (although 30k is more common -- usually about 30k per skill sometimes there's one, sometimes there's two).  I've also spent over 10k on repair costs, although I think that's repairs for more than one player death.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 05, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 05, 2012, 07:30:14 PM

smile

Actually the Smuggler is much closer to my lecherous, larcenous heart but I hit a wall with him on Tatooine (final boss battle for that story/planet) and had to quite playing him before I had a stroke, fully intending to return to him shortly.  I then started on the Trooper and have been having so much with the story that I've kept going with him.  Now I've hit a wall with him on a story boss battle (that doesn't take place on a planet) so I might just go back and level up my Smuggler a bit and go back to take on the boss battle that was giving me such a difficult time earlier.

I just meant because of your forum name.

Dunamis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 06, 2012, 12:14:41 AM »

Ahhh, thank you.  Yes, there is an annoying droid on my ship (I'm Imperial).  I never thought to try to upgrade any of his parts.  He is quite annoying (he always chatters about repainting the walls inside my cabin or using a new recipe to make a meal) so I'm not sure he has any combat skills.  Sounds like he majored in Home Economics instead of blasters.  I guess I'll have Mako stay in the ship and I'll take the dude out to get some power converters down at Toshi station and see if we can drum up some trouble with the locals and see if he's got game.

I only do two things; kick ass and chew bubblegum.  Right now, I'm all out of bubblegum...
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 06, 2012, 01:00:27 AM »

Quote from: Dunamis on January 06, 2012, 12:14:41 AM

I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far.  I have a bounty hunter up to level 28 now.

Just curious, what are all these droid parts I keep getting, i.e. core, motor, etc. used for?  Can you build a droid somehow and what does he do?  

While he may tell you that he can heal, he likes to punch stuff.  You can't equip a weapon, so he will run into the scrum and try and get in some traditional boxing (he's old school).  He also likes to talk...a lot.  If you think he's bad on ship, just spend 15 minutes with him exploring.  His comments about his last master wanting to scrap him will make even more sense.

Ahhh, thank you.  Yes, there is an annoying droid on my ship (I'm Imperial).  I never thought to try to upgrade any of his parts.  He is quite annoying (he always chatters about repainting the walls inside my cabin or using a new recipe to make a meal) so I'm not sure he has any combat skills.  Sounds like he majored in Home Economics instead of blasters.  I guess I'll have Mako stay in the ship and I'll take the dude out to get some power converters down at Toshi station and see if we can drum up some trouble with the locals and see if he's got game.
While he may tell you that he can heal, he likes to punch stuff.  You can't equip a weapon, so he will run into the scrum and try and get in some traditional boxing (he's old school).  He also likes to talk...a lot.  If you think he's bad on ship, just spend 15 minutes with him exploring.  His comments about his last master wanting to scrap him will make even more sense.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 06, 2012, 02:04:35 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on January 05, 2012, 11:41:48 PM

Quote from: TK-421 on January 05, 2012, 07:30:14 PM

smile

I just meant because of your forum name.

I know.

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: January 08, 2012, 03:11:39 PM »

Man I suck at this game.  At least as the Smuggler/Gunslinger.

The final class mission on Tatooine just repeatedly kicks my ass.  It is supposed to be a level 27 mission but I have tried at each level from 27-31 and still can not get past it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I know I'm supposed to take out Diago first but he just flat out heals any damage I can do even with my throwing interrupts at him.  I have myself and Corso specced with gear at a much higher level than what is expected for this mission.

I know that it's all about managing your companion, interrupts, DPS etc but this is my first MMO and I'm just not wired for that sort of thing.  There's just too much going on for me to effectively manage all the aspects of this fight.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: January 08, 2012, 04:34:03 PM »

can't you CC him?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: January 08, 2012, 05:10:50 PM »

Has anyone tried running a smuggler as a healer?  If so please tell me they actually can heal on down the road.  It seems when youre in the teen levels you have no really ability to heal at all.  Do I need to get higher level before I can heal anything or am I missing something?

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: January 08, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on January 08, 2012, 04:34:03 PM

can't you CC him?

I don't know what that means. 

Cold cock? 
Credit card? 
Collect call? 
Chicken choke?
Chastise chimp?

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: January 08, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »

Crowd Control

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: January 08, 2012, 05:38:52 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on January 08, 2012, 05:10:50 PM

Has anyone tried running a smuggler as a healer?  If so please tell me they actually can heal on down the road.  It seems when youre in the teen levels you have no really ability to heal at all.  Do I need to get higher level before I can heal anything or am I missing something?

You have to run him as a Scoundrel and go up the Sawbones branch.

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2715 on: January 08, 2012, 05:39:20 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 08, 2012, 05:38:03 PM

Well there's only one of him so....

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 08, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 08, 2012, 05:39:20 PM

only one?  in those cases I send in my companion to attack first, so the enemy is focused on them while I do most of the damage.  on the flip side couldn't you try finding someone to help with the combat?

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:28 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 08, 2012, 05:39:20 PM

can't help you then, I assumed you were having problems because of another guy there.  Sounds like you just aren't doing it right (tm)

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: January 08, 2012, 06:49:06 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 08, 2012, 03:11:39 PM

Man I suck at this game.  At least as the Smuggler/Gunslinger.

The final class mission on Tatooine just repeatedly kicks my ass.  It is supposed to be a level 27 mission but I have tried at each level from 27-31 and still can not get past it.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I know I'm supposed to take out Diago first but he just flat out heals any damage I can do even with my throwing interrupts at him.  I have myself and Corso specced with gear at a much higher level than what is expected for this mission.

I know that it's all about managing your companion, interrupts, DPS etc but this is my first MMO and I'm just not wired for that sort of thing.  There's just too much going on for me to effectively manage all the aspects of this fight.

Diago mission (check the comments)

http://www.torhead.com/mission/enG8E5S#comments
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 08, 2012, 06:57:42 PM »

yeah, I found that earlier.  I'm just not good at interpreting when I should throw the interrupts (or even which ones are best) or how to control the companion.  My is usually dead within 25-30 seconds so he's not much help at all.

Like I said, this is my first MMO so a lot of what seems to be second nature to the people making those posts is all new stuff for me.

Is there anybody on Elysium server of the appropriate level 27-30+ that feels like lending me a hand?

I've already sailed way past this area with my trooper who is up to 37 and well past completing Chapter 1 of his story line so it's not like I'm a completely helpless player, it's just managing this one friggin' mission that is giving me such a hard time.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: