http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:41:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 128156 times)
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: November 22, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 22, 2011, 07:28:03 PM

I just now tried to open it again and it let me back in to the log in screen, but it says my account needs to be verified. When I click the link I can see it is trying to take me to a security question screen, but it can't get past the first page of the website. They must be getting hammered.

Yeah, they're both getting hammered and the bigger problem is that they just added that security question stuff as a requirement and it's borked for a lot of people. Keep an eye on the Dev Tracker on their forum (when the site isn't down for maintenance, which I don't think is a coincidence at this point) and someone will probably be shouting when that stuff is all fixed. At that point, you should be able to DL the full client in advance of the weekend (FWIW, I left my client updating when I came to work this morning, so once the technical issues are out of the way you should be able to DL).

- Ash
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: November 22, 2011, 07:38:30 PM »

Yeah , they are being hammered but a loop bug with the security question has been found that Bioware is working on.  Luckily, I didn't have this issue at 5 am when I accept my invite and started my install prior to going to work

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: November 22, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »

This is why I stick mostly to console gaming

Yeah, it's not like the servers to play any multiplayer game online with a console ever gets borked during high demand.  smile

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: November 22, 2011, 08:24:10 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 22, 2011, 07:45:58 PM

Yeah, it's not like the servers to play any multiplayer game online with a console ever gets borked during high demand.  smile

That's right!  For instance, it was my imagination when XBL had issues for weeks a couple of years ago.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: November 22, 2011, 08:42:22 PM »

This is why I stick mostly to console gaming, but I loved the KOTOR games and I'm really excited for this. I'm even willing to upgrade my computer if needed.
From what I've read, console games can also have lag, frame rate and problems that have to be patched (see Space Marine, War in the North, and others), and they also have connectivity issues when too many people log on. It's really not the cure-all for technical problems even if developing for one fixed, never-changing platform seems like it should be perfect.  icon_smile

You'll be OK. This is a beta, and now they're probably letting in too many people for their own good to see if the servers can take it, culminating with the stress test from hell (which I think is in December, not sure). I wouldn't assume you need a new system for this until you see how it runs under more optimal conditions at launch.

Although I think the game looks fine and generally animates well (not so crazy about the "conversation dialogue animation style" but it's probably a technical limitation), it really didn't seem like a "OMG I need to upgrade if I'm gonna turn this game into anything more than a slideshow!" type game when I tried it.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:44:49 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: November 22, 2011, 08:46:12 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 22, 2011, 07:45:58 PM

Nope. Never.  ninja

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: November 22, 2011, 09:07:30 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 22, 2011, 08:42:22 PM

You'll be OK. This is a beta, and now they're probably letting in too many people for their own good to see if the servers can take it, culminating with the stress test from hell (which I think is in December, not sure).

No: this upcoming weekend IS the stress test from hell. There are no plans for any further beta weekends prior to release, as per this post. Of course, they always reserve the right to change their minds about this stuff.

Also, "beta testing weekend" or "stress test" != "early game access", which is the up-to-five-days-early-start that preorders will get (similar to this weekend, however, there will be graduated entry into that, with later preorders getting less than the full window).

---

@ msteelers: their forums are back up (were for a minute? They seem to be done again now) and have the following to say about your technical issues: "Overnight our ops team isolated and manually fixed the majority of affected accounts. There are scripts running to continue to try to 'catch' anyone with this issue. Those still have some time to run. If you find that you still have this issue past 9AM CST (in about 30 minutes from the time of this post) please email [email protected] with the subject line 'RSVP Issues.'"

- Ash
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: November 23, 2011, 01:07:02 AM »

OK, thanks for clearing that up, Asharak. Lets try and enjoy the Stress Test From Hell then!  icon_smile

This ain't much, but at least they've prettied up the game launcher/updater screen.  icon_cool

I wonder if I can play the D3 beta with this downloading going on in the background.  smirk The meter says it will take "the rest of your life" to download it. Oh well... Actually the d/l speed is improving as time goes by.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:30:25 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: November 23, 2011, 02:41:33 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 23, 2011, 01:07:02 AM

I wonder if I can play the D3 beta with this downloading going on in the background.  smirk The meter says it will take "the rest of your life" to download it. Oh well... Actually the d/l speed is improving as time goes by.

I played Skyrim while my update was DL'ing yesterday evening. Even a couple Skyrim CTDs didn't disrupt it.

- Ash
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: November 23, 2011, 03:08:30 AM »

Quote from: Asharak on November 23, 2011, 02:41:33 AM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 23, 2011, 01:07:02 AM

I played Skyrim while my update was DL'ing yesterday evening. Even a couple Skyrim CTDs didn't disrupt it.

- Ash
Yeah I just played some D3 beta for quite a while and it didn't impact the d/l speed. D3 was maybe a tad laggy but nothing too bad.

I moused around Darth Hater's quest database for a while. While I didn't see anything earthshaking, I certainly saw enough that looked interesting to feel like getting through the early stuff will eventually lead to some more interesting things to do.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1890 on: November 23, 2011, 03:11:43 AM »

I got it to work around 4:00 EST. Logged in and added my security questions, then started downloading the client.

Now, over 6 hours later, it's still downloading.  eek

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 23, 2011, 04:10:03 AM »

It looks like they got the authentication issue fixed.  I was able to log in and was directed to select a series of security questions and answers.  I was then able to download the installer and log into the client.  Its either patching or finishing the DL as we speak.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2011, 03:11:43 AM

I got it to work around 4:00 EST. Logged in and added my security questions, then started downloading the client.

Now, over 6 hours later, it's still downloading.  eek

It's a 20+ GB client. The audio files for the fully-voiced dialogue are a large chunk of that (between about 5-10 GB of my download, IIRC).

- Ash
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 23, 2011, 12:27:21 PM »

I got all d/l and installed OK last night. They musta beefed up the server infrastructure since my last time cause it was a painless experience.  icon_smile I hope the head start and launch go like that technically. I'm sure the launched game will take its share of critical this and that, but you want it to at least be about the game, not about whether you can login, or update properly or d/l the client.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:51:03 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 23, 2011, 12:41:57 PM »

Yep  the dl was as smooth as silk.  No problems at all after the initial security issues.
Looking forward to trying the Empire side of things this weekend but due to holiday and travel plans, I wont be able to play until Saturday. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 23, 2011, 12:52:18 PM »

Everything looks like it installed fine. I tried to go to their forums to see when the stress test weekend officially started, and it looks like their website is down again for maintenance. Just an FYI if you are still trying to update your account and download the client.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 23, 2011, 01:07:52 PM »

You guys all got the timeschedule and download link in your mails?? I only got the"You are invited to the beta" mail and nothing else.

A new one
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 23, 2011, 01:17:07 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 23, 2011, 01:07:52 PM

You guys all got the timeschedule and download link in your mails?? I only got the"You are invited to the beta" mail and nothing else.

Oh good, you posted this over here, too. I almost felt compelled to actually create a QT3 account to respond to it: no, I didn't (and haven't) received those details by e-mail yet. I keep an eye on the DevTracker on their forums, however, and the general schedule has been mentioned there. We will all be getting e-mails with our specific start times before the weekend, though.

(And the e-mails don't contain a direct DL link, just a request to go to http://www.swtor.com/tester to accept your invitation, at which point the DL link is on that page).

- Ash
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 23, 2011, 01:18:56 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 23, 2011, 12:52:18 PM

it looks like their website is down again for maintenance. Just an FYI if you are still trying to update your account and download the client.

Yep. This one was at least scheduled and seems normal, unlike yesterday's "our site is totally FUBARed" maintenance. It's supposed to be up again by noon CST today.

- Ash
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 23, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »

Quote from: Asharak on November 23, 2011, 01:17:07 PM

Oh good, you posted this over here, too. I almost felt compelled to actually create a QT3 account to respond to it: no, I didn't (and haven't) received those details by e-mail yet. I keep an eye on the DevTracker on their forums, however, and the general schedule has been mentioned there. We will all be getting e-mails with our specific start times before the weekend, though.

(And the e-mails don't contain a direct DL link, just a request to go to http://www.swtor.com/tester to accept your invitation, at which point the DL link is on that page).

- Ash

Ah, Thanks Ash! I guess I will try and have some patience then ;-)

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 23, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »

Per Darth Hater fan site's post (w/ official site being down so much, DH's site becomes even more useful):
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19712-bioware-sends-invites-for-thanksgiving-beta
Expect another e-mail before the weekend for the exact time your testing access will begin.

From the comments thread there:
To simulate a launch environment, testers who have accepted new invites to weekend testing will gain testing access in staggered intervals based on when their invites were accepted. The first group of testers will be able to log on beginning on Friday morning (11/25) at 10:00AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin). Then, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin) the second and final waves of testers will gain access. Please watch your email for details about when your phase of testing begins. This will come in a separate email from your invite.
fwiw, I haven't gotten that one yet.

I think I was in stress tests for both WoW in 2004 and LOTRO in 2007. I recall those going pretty well in terms of the servers not going gooey kablooey from the influx of players.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:05:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 23, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »

I was actually invited for this round.  After a bewildering experience accepting the invite and then downloading the client, I'm still in the dark about when this weekend starts?  Is it tomorrow?

I apologize if this info is posted clearly somewhere I should have seen it.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 23, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »

Look one post above yours.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 23, 2011, 04:02:01 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on November 23, 2011, 03:50:14 PM

I was actually invited for this round.  After a bewildering experience accepting the invite and then downloading the client, I'm still in the dark about when this weekend starts?  Is it tomorrow?

I apologize if this info is posted clearly somewhere I should have seen it.
fwiw, it's (as I understand it?) Friday, Nov. 25 through Monday, Nov. 28. You'll get to login starting either Friday, Saturday or Sunday morning, depending on when they got your RSVP. I keep saying "as I understand it," cause I'm so wrong, so often.  icon_razz

Nobody ever uses the forum's calendar function aside from birthdays, so I put the beta event in there:
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/calendar/
*Some day, I'd like to start using the calendar function to try to arrange games among GT folks, in SWTOR, eventually Diablo III, or whatever people fancy though maybe it's most useful for mmo's and "drop in" hack'n'slashes. icon_smile

Keep an eye on your e-mail inbox to see which login "round" you're in (as I understand it, there's one each morning Friday through Sunday), and maybe check your junk mail folder occasionally just to make sure there's not an accidental "catch."  icon_smile
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 04:03:40 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 23, 2011, 05:38:15 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 23, 2011, 12:41:57 PM

Yep  the dl was as smooth as silk.  No problems at all after the initial security issues.
Looking forward to trying the Empire side of things this weekend but due to holiday and travel plans, I wont be able to play until Saturday. 
Same for me, no issues with the download even though I was playing Skyrim the entire time.  I'm also looking forward to trying Empire.  My order of what I'd like to try:
1.  Sith Inquisitor
2.  Bounty Hunter

And if I have time to try Republic:
3.  Smuggler
4.  Trooper
StewMeat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: November 23, 2011, 05:49:33 PM »

Sorry for sparse postings, fed up with mmorpg.com a buddy sent me over here to a much better expience and I thank him for that. However it was around that time I got my invite and began testing SWTOR.
It's funny when I see comments on the graphics being cartoony, with the newest build the level of detail went through the roof, I put it on par with Age of Conan (may it rest in piece) that is if you have the system to crank the settings up.
Sith corruption is amazing and close up inspections of the characters show very well.
I love the scenes in the space battles now, I know many want a pvp experience in space and I think once they hit a certain benchmark with subs "The Wall of Crazy" will be mainstream thinking and we can have those ellements.
I do like the break space combat gives, it's short bursts of intense if not over the top action and helps sell the Star Wars feel even further when I fly back down to my hangar on Tatooine.
Likewise it's amazing how good you feel when you get your personal speeder, I ride a crazy looking short model kind of like what Maul and Dooku had with my Sith, it adds to role when you pull up and leap right into a group of life donors.
I have a ship full of companions milling about that I have cultivated relationships (good and bad) with, funny that as thier affection meter grows, I become more attractive to them even though I have banged several npc's in front of them and me and a nice lady Sith are cool like that.
This game is a role players paradise, they did well not to follow a purely theme-park format and you will be happier in the long haul because you dont feel as lonely at "endgame".
I quote that because they have real potential for changing that dynamic in mmorpg's as we know them, with you being the center of the story, burried in personal content and ownership even relationships, all Bioware has to do is keep adding more story for each class in future expansions and you will absolutely loose track of yourself.
I think the PVP portion is much better than the old grindy feel of other venues, teamwork pays dividends and controlling assets matters, hell even the idea of hutball deserves a pat on the back, a bit buggy right now you can still clearly see some folks are gona want to be the galaxies Huttball MVP.
I dont miss being able to hang pictures in my house, Instead of fighting the ideas they have, I just started playing and what I found was, I forgot what I was supposed to be looking for and just have fun.
I know thinkers will love this one especially, I have been making a point to try and find the Datacrons on each planet, they tell a story that is vast and some add attributes that will give me an actual physical edge. Not an easy task as the planets become quit large as you move up in levels and many require some thought on how the hell you even get to them.
I will try and field questions as the weekend testers haven't gotten to see the latest build and you can only see so much in a weekend.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: November 23, 2011, 05:54:10 PM »

funny that as thier affection meter grows, I become more attractive to them even though I have banged several npc's in front of them and me and a nice lady Sith are cool like that.
Are you sure you're not having some sort of Age of Conan flashback?  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Quote from: Roguetad on November 23, 2011, 05:38:15 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on November 23, 2011, 12:41:57 PM

Same for me, no issues with the download even though I was playing Skyrim the entire time.  I'm also looking forward to trying Empire.  My order of what I'd like to try:
1.  Sith Inquisitor
2.  Bounty Hunter

And if I have time to try Republic:
3.  Smuggler
4.  Trooper
I think I'll focus on the Bounty Hunter, which I really didn't end up trying at all in my little weekend testing stint.

I enjoyed the Sith Inquisitor's versatility, and I think it gave me enough taste of light sabering that I can maybe leave alone the Jedis and Sith Warrior until the head start. I spent most of my time with the Smuggler and Trooper in that previous testing weekend.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
StewMeat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: November 23, 2011, 05:58:36 PM »

The love scenes tastefully cut away, and it is 100% nipple free Tongue
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: November 23, 2011, 06:13:43 PM »

Quote from: raydude on November 23, 2011, 03:56:57 PM

Yeah, I see now.  Sorry.  I'm quite tired and just didn't read the quotes.

And thanks, Blackjack, for posting it.

I hope to see some of you this weekend.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: November 23, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on November 23, 2011, 06:13:43 PM

Quote from: raydude on November 23, 2011, 03:56:57 PM

Yeah, I see now.  Sorry.  I'm quite tired and just didn't read the quotes.

And thanks, Blackjack, for posting it.

I hope to see some of you this weekend.
Sure. I wish Bioware would stop putting it in a wall of text. Here's my attempt to "format" it, sticking with US times...

Three "waves" of when we can start logging in for the weekend beta stress test...

First Group: Fri., Nov. 25, at 8 a.m. Pacific/10 a.m. Central/11 a.m. Eastern
Second Group: Sat., Nov. 26, at same morning time
Third Group: Sun., Nov. 27, at same morning time

There is some grousing at the forums about "why are they doing this on a holiday weekend when so many people are gonna be out of town?" And I did mistakenly think this was "too soon" for a final testing weekend; although my understanding (or am I wrong again? icon_smile) is General Testing will continue for a bit longer.

btw, i think they busted the Dev Tracker in the latest "maintenance period."
=======
If there's interest in a guild, we can still try to work together to create one before launch:
So how do you ensure that your guild makes it into the game for launch? It’s simple! All you have to do is make sure at least four members of your guild have pre-ordered the game and redeemed their Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center. Once you’ve done that, you can check your guild’s page within the Guild HQ to see if you have met all of the pre-designated conditions.
Gonna look into it.

The other details are over at:
Guild HQ:
http://www.swtor.com/guilds
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:42:10 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: November 23, 2011, 06:47:37 PM »

If we wanna create one, here's the choices (maybe we could do a poll here on Republic or Empire). I'd probably suggest PVE and skip the RP servers, at least for a general GT guild. There's nothing to stop us from creating more than one GT guild (i.e., a PVE one, a PVP one, a PVE-RP one, an East Coast players one etc.). Although maybe making a bunch of little ones would result in few in any of 'em.

Each guild gets its own web site, btw. Could be fun.  icon_smile I am not sure how we verify that we have 4 pre-order customer players. I guess maybe I'd need to get other folks' usernames or something. I'll look into that more.

Allegiance: Republic or Empire
Server Type: PVP, PVE, or PVP-Role Playing
Language: I assume we want English?  icon_smile fwiw, other options are French, German or "other."
When Will Your Guild be Most Active?: U.S. East, U.S. West, Europe (GMT) [this determines what server your guild will be on]
What Will Your Guild Be called?: Oh gawd, don't remind me of my poll on what to call our STO guild.  icon_lol

I'm inclined to create a Republic/PVE/English/U.S. East Coast GT guild at least as a starting point. I have no idea what to call it. I have writer's block! Help!  icon_smile

"Gaming Trend Guild" is my most boring, "if nobody can think of something better" suggestion.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:54:24 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: November 23, 2011, 07:04:01 PM »

I'm rolling Imperial to start, BJ, but otherwise we're of like mind (PVE, US East, English). Come over to the Dark Side...you know you want to. slywink I have pre-ordered, FWIW.

Actually, given that the Republic/Empire is a pretty sharp divide in the game (with different worlds, quests, etc. for much of the game), we're almost certainly going to need one on each side, unless we really don't think the game will have enough interest here to sustain that.

EDIT> Oh, and this seems like a reasonable point to also mention again that my beta characters (again, Imperial) are on a server called Shadow Hand, if anyone wants to join me this weekend.

- Ash
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: November 23, 2011, 07:10:53 PM »

I was foolish to think the SWTOR site wouldn't be going up and down like a see-saw all this week. I'm stuck on the guild creation screen.  icon_neutral

If the site lets me at some point, I'll create a a Republic guild called "Gaming Trend Knights" on the East Coast PVE server, as a starting point, and we'll see how that goes. It seems to indicate I'd need to get 3 other pre-order players who had inputted their codes, to join the guild, and then meeting that minimal requirement would get the guild into the game at the head start.

UPDATE: Hmmm, new requirement -- the guild leader has to provide their first and last real name, and phone number so that support can contact you in an, I assume, emergency.
Quote from: Bioware
We are collecting basic contact information for all guild leaders. Since the guild leader holds a large number of players' experience in their hands, we want to ensure our support group can contact guild leaders in the event of any problems or questions about the guild.
I hope they're adding this into their Privacy Policy statement.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:42:54 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: November 23, 2011, 07:42:17 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 23, 2011, 07:10:53 PM

I was foolish to think the SWTOR site wouldn't be going up and down like a see-saw all this week. I'm stuck on the guild creation screen.  icon_neutral

If the site lets me at some point, I'll create a a Republic guild called "Gaming Trend Knights" on the East Coast PVE server, as a starting point, and we'll see how that goes. It seems to indicate I'd need to get 3 other pre-order players who had inputted their codes, to join the guild, and then meeting that minimal requirement would get the guild into the game at the head start.

I'd be up for it. I've pre-ordered, but not sure how to help you exactly.  I guess it will have to wait, anyway, because it won't even let me log into my account on the site.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: November 23, 2011, 07:45:57 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 23, 2011, 07:42:17 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 23, 2011, 07:10:53 PM

I'd be up for it. I've pre-ordered, but not sure how to help you exactly.  I guess it will have to wait, anyway, because it won't even let me log into my account on the site.
"Knights" is a restrict word.... oh well. Let me think... I might have to check some sort of SW terms directory for inspiration.

I went with Gaming Trend Heroes. Hey, at least it gets through the filter.   icon_smile Will post a link soon, it does set up a web page for it, and a Message of the Day option.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:51:03 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: November 23, 2011, 08:02:44 PM »

G & T Rocks...(Gin and Tonic on the rocks)

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: November 23, 2011, 08:03:36 PM »

OK, here's the guild page (with huge caveat the SWTOR site is still going up and down and up and down):
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/276092/gaming-trend-heroes

There's a big "APPLY" button on the right side there. You'll need to (be able to) login in to the site to be able to do that.

I'm confused because it does not see me as a pre-order customer although I entered the code months ago and believe I confirmed everything. It doesn't ask you to enter it again or something at the guild creation or join pages, so maybe it's just a web site updating issue.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »

So who wants to go in with me on starting an Imperial GT guild at this point?

EDIT> And should I assume that going with "Gaming Trend Villains" would be the obvious choice, to set us up as Adversaries with BJ's band of diaper-soiling toddlers?

- Ash
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:08:55 PM by Asharak » Logged
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: November 23, 2011, 08:24:46 PM »

6 days now and I still can't access my SWToR account. Anyone else think that they've been cutting costs in areas that are starting to rise up and snap at their heals now?
Basic stuff and they seem all befuddle by it.

I'm concerned about my DDE pre-order and early access codes. Not one repsonse from support, to any of my e-mails. Not even a bot spawned one, lying to me by saying they are looking into it.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: November 23, 2011, 09:22:18 PM »

For those of you still having problems getting logged in and patched, if you haven't seen it already on the testing forums.

Bioware/EA has enhanced their security. You MUST setup security questions and answers, via your account at swtor.com, before you can login via the patcher. Before you do that it will give you various errors including 'this account is logging in from a location that is not blah blah blah'. It flashes at the top of the patcher very quickly, and then disappears.

Basically, login to account, setup security questions, and you should be good to go.

Assuming you haven't caused the automated defenses to vaporize your account in the meantime (frozen account).

I'm assuming it will tell you if the account is frozen, if you login to swtor.com and check it.

Atomic

PS: Once you do all this and get logged in, it of course flashes a nice message at you that you need to login to your swtor account and setup the security questions, etc etc. Nice placement, eh? smile
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: