http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 12:50:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 120781 times)
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 08, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 08, 2011, 01:12:38 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 08, 2011, 12:26:31 PM

Quote from: Razgon on November 08, 2011, 07:17:51 AM

Yeah, same password on Origin, EA and now SWTOR? Thats no good!
I'm trying to figure out how to link my accounts

Yeah -I hate going to EA's account page. I always get confused because apparently I have 19 different persona's there and I never know which is what.

Welcome to todays latest mental condition, digital schizophrenia. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 08, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »

Btw, The Wanderers already have the guild up and running.  Not decided yet, but looks like we are going republic and rule set is being decided now

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 08, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »

I'm definitely starting Imperial (for the Agent and Bounty Hunter). Is there a going to be a GT or a GT-sanctioned Empire guild in the game? Should we start talking about starting one?

- Ash
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 08, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 08, 2011, 06:39:32 PM

Btw, The Wanderers already have the guild up and running.  Not decided yet, but looks like we are going republic and rule set is being decided now

It would be good if we could co-ordinate on servers to potentially have the largest playerbase.  So far the Wanderers alliance guild has about 20 members.  Since a lot of GT folks already have accounts on the Wanderers forum and have played with us before, you are welcome to join of course.  But if there is a desire to create a GT guild, then maybe we could still go on the same server and become "Allies" or "Adversaries" (the option is in there on the OR guild management).
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 08, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »

Quote from: Asharak on November 08, 2011, 07:21:47 PM

I'm definitely starting Imperial (for the Agent and Bounty Hunter). Is there a going to be a GT or a GT-sanctioned Empire guild in the game? Should we start talking about starting one?

- Ash

This +1

While I have played with the Wanderers in previous MMO's, if I end up getting this game I will be playing as an Imperial....not as those Rebel Scum.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 08, 2011, 08:35:06 PM »

Forums noted another round of weekend beta invites went out. I hope some others who have given up hope have found their "another hope."  icon_smile
Sent Nov. 8: Beta Testing Weekend #3 Invites

Who was invited: Testers from North America
    What was sent: Beta Weekend #3 Invites
    Server locations: US East Coast
    Invite status: We are currently in the process of sending these invites, and will continue throughout this evening.
==========================
As far as the password stuff goes, while I appreciate it, I went to a lot of trouble to create a long, messy, hard to figure out (or remember) password already and boy it's a pain to do it again.  icon_razz

And I too question the secure-ness of having one password for three things (EA, Origin, swtor.com).
---------------------

As far as guilds go, I think I better just find one of East Coast players from a "we're online at the same time" standpoint. My LOTRO guild was mostly Aussies which of course meant I needed to be playing at about 2-6 a.m. in order to do group content. Didn't generally improve my health.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:37:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 08, 2011, 08:38:58 PM »

Zilch in my mail box. Come on BW, don't pass me by...

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 08, 2011, 08:48:01 PM »

Yay! More North America invites! I guess the rest of the world can go screw themselves?

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 08, 2011, 09:00:54 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 08, 2011, 08:48:01 PM

Yay! More North America invites! I guess the rest of the world can go screw themselves?

Charity begins at home first.. Tongue

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 08, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »

Bioware rep reminds that Origin won't be needed at all for the launched game nor Early Game Access:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10573398#edit10573398
Hi everyone! We've seen some continuing confusion over this topic. Some of you have quoted text that appears on the Pre-Order Page that indicates you'll need to install Origin software to download the game.

We are working to update the information on that page: you will not be required to install the Origin software in order to download, patch, or play the game (even during Early Game Access). You'll do that through our own site and launcher.
Lost in this is the fact so many people either hate or fear a service (Origin) that they're all lathered up trying to avoid letting it even in the vicinity of their PCs. Maybe EA should work on "customer perception," huh?  smirk

P.S. I believe they have done separate European server weekend testing earlier, and will probably continue to do so. That server's based in Ireland, which had been a sore point in the forums. Many seemed to think something down in France, Germany, etc. would've been better latency for a larger chunk of the European population. I suspect it probably boiled down partly to tax incentives and stuff.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:38:45 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: November 08, 2011, 10:45:09 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on November 08, 2011, 08:38:58 PM

Zilch in my mail box. Come on BW, don't pass me by...

Well, I did post in the Console forum that inviting me by this weekend would deter me from giving money to Bethesda, so I'm encouraged to know that they've at least scheduled a testing weekend to accommodate me. Now I just need to actually be invited.

- Ash
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: November 09, 2011, 12:42:14 AM »

They have French and German servers now. Not sure if those are available for weekend testing or not. Someone was saying they weren't up earlier, but that's not uncommon in this build. So don't fret not getting an invite. We're lucky if we can play 30 minutes before the servers go down for several hours. This build has been horrendous.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: November 09, 2011, 01:09:49 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on November 09, 2011, 12:42:14 AM

They have French and German servers now. Not sure if those are available for weekend testing or not. Someone was saying they weren't up earlier, but that's not uncommon in this build. So don't fret not getting an invite. We're lucky if we can play 30 minutes before the servers go down for several hours. This build has been horrendous.

What server are you on?  I have had absolutely no issues what so ever, but perhaps I am playing a different client since I am in the Employees/Friends of Employees beta, not the general beta.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1773 on: November 09, 2011, 02:01:40 AM »

Sweet - just got my invite.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: November 09, 2011, 03:07:23 AM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 09, 2011, 01:09:49 AM

Quote from: cheeba on November 09, 2011, 12:42:14 AM

What server are you on?  I have had absolutely no issues what so ever, but perhaps I am playing a different client since I am in the Employees/Friends of Employees beta, not the general beta.

Geez, you must be on a server not available to us. I'm on the PvP server, Darth Malak. There's also 2 PvE servers: The Leviathan and Cosmic Turbine. All 3 were down for several hours today and have had frequent bouts of going down and back up.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: November 09, 2011, 05:47:42 AM »

Quote from: Laner on November 09, 2011, 02:01:40 AM

Me too, but it looks to be only for this weekend.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: November 09, 2011, 09:01:48 AM »

got my invite, also....and it looks as though it is only for the weekend.

PSN: MythicalMino
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:37 AM »

IN!!

(for the single weekend, like everyone else). Boo-yah.

- Ash
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: November 09, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »

Quote from: Laner on November 09, 2011, 02:01:40 AM

crybaby  

At this point I think I just will wait to the game launches as if I had a choice.  Sad, as this is the first beta I really wanted to get into more than any other game.  Alas, it wasn't meant to be...

EDIT--- spoke to soon.  I might still opt out...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:00:08 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1779 on: November 09, 2011, 02:25:51 PM »

Ugh - downloading is a PITA.  Nearly every minute the download stops and I have to pause and restart it to get it going again.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: November 09, 2011, 03:01:38 PM »

Quote from: Laner on November 09, 2011, 02:25:51 PM

Ugh - downloading is a PITA.  Nearly every minute the download stops and I have to pause and restart it to get it going again.

That may be on your end.  The last beta my download was amazingly fast and downloaded without a hitch.  Of course there were apparently a lot of invites this time around so they may just be getting blasted right now as well.

I didnt get an invite this round, a bit disappointed because I wanted to try out the Empire side of things but its all good. The game is only about a month away, and I will have Skyrim to play this weekend. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: November 09, 2011, 03:41:53 PM »

Ok, they read my posts here and felt sorry for me...I got the invite today. But any link I click on says everything is down for maintenance. Now that I have the invite Im seriously considering waiting for the full launch.
I know with Skyrim out Friday I'll be playing alot of that...so for two days of beta play, I might be better off seeing everything new when it goes live. I feel just like my kids when they were younger, moan and moan for something and when they got it, they couldn't have cared less............ nod

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: November 09, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »

Although the official forums are down for maintenance, they had clarified some things yesterday (paraphrasing based on what I remember seeing last night, don't "quote me" icon_smile):
-The N. American testing invites would be going out through this morning.
-The North American invites were throughout U.S. and Canada and not limited to geographic regions (i.e., they're stress testing the East Coast U.S. server, not segregating who gets to test on it by location).
-They're not saying when, but European general testing (not just weekend) invites will be going out in the future.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: November 09, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »

I still haven't gotten an invite, but really at this point I'm content to just wait for launch and have everything be new to me.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: November 09, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »

Finally got an invite.   Headbanging!  Cabbage Patch

Servers are down and I can't even start to download the client.   *Fist Shaking* Head meets wall

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: November 09, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on November 09, 2011, 05:23:35 PM

Servers are down and I can't even start to download the client.   *Fist Shaking* Head meets wall

They're back up now (at least, enough to DL the client. Forum still comes back as down for maintenance but I don't care right now slywink).

Download speed could be better -- only about half of what I CAN get -- but I don't know if that's their fault or my ISP and, regardless, it's still going quickly enough to finish in under ten hours, which is more than good enough.

- Ash
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: November 09, 2011, 09:58:06 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on November 09, 2011, 03:41:53 PM

Ok, they read my posts here and felt sorry for me...I got the invite today. But any link I click on says everything is down for maintenance. Now that I have the invite Im seriously considering waiting for the full launch.
I know with Skyrim out Friday I'll be playing alot of that...so for two days of beta play, I might be better off seeing everything new when it goes live. I feel just like my kids when they were younger, moan and moan for something and when they got it, they couldn't have cared less............ nod
Here's hoping they read my post and feel sorry for me! I'm actually gonna hold off on Skyrim I "think".. I had also planned on skipping Saints Row, but caved for that over the weekend...
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: November 09, 2011, 10:43:47 PM »

Nothing here.  crybaby
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: November 10, 2011, 04:20:00 AM »

Hmm..looks like they are having a big test this weekend.  I got in also, and I'm in the process of downloading the client.  Pretty slow downloading speed though...not even hitting 200kb/s.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: November 10, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »

Quote from: Fez on November 10, 2011, 04:20:00 AM

Hmm..looks like they are having a big test this weekend.  I got in also, and I'm in the process of downloading the client.  Pretty slow downloading speed though...not even hitting 200kb/s.

I was downloading at a pretty steady 350kb/s.  Still had 5GB to go this morning, but it's getting there.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: November 10, 2011, 05:00:35 PM »

got my invite yesterday, downloaded the client, was averaging about 1.9mb/s.  Ready to go!
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: November 10, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »

Got my invite as well....I am all downloaded and ready to go! WOOT  icon_biggrin

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: November 10, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »

Some helpful tips for you guys playing this weekend:

If you are using ATI, update your drivers. I think it's 11.10 right now. You don't want 11.8.
You have from 5pm Central Friday to 11:59pm Central Sunday to play. You'll probably spend about 3-5 hours on your starter planet which takes you to level 10, or very close to 10. At around level 8-9 you'll get your first companion.
Once you finish off the planet you'll go to your space station hub. As soon as you walk on to the hub, if you are level 10 you will immediately see a quest giver who will tell you to choose your advanced class (AC). You will then go over to your trainer and make your choice.
At this level you're ready for your first Flashpoint as well. Make sure to do it as it's a good intro to the game and how it's different from other MMO's. You'll see people calling for tanks, heals, dps for the flashpoint. You don't need the trinity to do it. Just get 4 people of whatever class and run the thing.
This station is also the first chance you get to choose your gathering/crafting professions. Don't worry much about this as I don't think it'll be worth the limited time you have. But if you do want to take a look at the crafting by all means go ahead.
If you have any problems with something not displaying properly, hold ctrl and then hit u twice. This resets the UI. This fixes a surprising number of problems.
At level 10 you are able to enter warzones. On the bottom right of your radar is a republic/imperial symbol. Click on it to bring up the queue.
"When will I get my ship?" is one of the more common questions. You get it around level 17ish, more or less. It's part of your class story, so you have no chance of missing it. But it's at the end of the 2nd planet and many of you won't get that far in one weekend.
Go to the Game Test forum and read the stickies. Don't bother reading anything else, especially if it cuts into your play time.
Have fun!
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:38 PM »

Great, thanks for the quick write up and helpful tips.

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: November 10, 2011, 08:03:29 PM »

Quote from: naednek on November 10, 2011, 05:00:35 PM

got my invite yesterday, downloaded the client, was averaging about 1.9mb/s.  Ready to go!

Yeah, I finally got up to this rate as well, so the download didn't take too long.  I'm all ready to go as well.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: November 10, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »

More tips:

The first time you launch the client you may experience a rather lengthy black screen. Wait it out. It hasn't crashed and it only does this the first time you launch.

Quests that occur in areas with elite mobs can be soloed once you have your first companion

Quest areas are often larger than they first seem. If an area is too crowded, wander a little deeper into the area and you may find much less crowded areas.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:59 PM »

Please remember that saying "It's just WoW with light sabers and blasters!" is not in any way, shape or form useful feedback to Bioware at this juncture.  icon_razz

I'll be curious if any of numerous complaints about the lack of UI configuration (windows resizing, moving things around etc.) has been addressed, though I suspect maybe that's of the "not by launch" variety.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: November 11, 2011, 03:01:06 AM »

I'm in for this weekend as well.  icon_biggrin

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: November 11, 2011, 04:40:03 AM »

So... I get a text from my son.... he's in and wants to know if I am... so I login and check email...nothing...login to swtor...nothing... WTH!?!?  The kicker? I bought both of our copies and registered them the same day!
Why does Bioware hate me?
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: November 11, 2011, 04:45:15 AM »

Bought me and my wifes copies within minutes of each other, I'm in she's not.   Looking forward to checking it out this weekend. 

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: