http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 08:36:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 127955 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 27, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on October 27, 2011, 05:51:32 PM

The empire starter companions all sound good.  I was surprised to read that the smuggler doesn't start with his Wookie.  Seems like that should be the 1st and most loyal companion.

I saw some screenshots of Khem Val in what looked like higher level sith armor, and he looked badass.
I think this is revealed in the medias' recent barrage of beta impressions (now that the press NDA was lifted), that the smuggler's first companion is ... oh man, I know there's a good joke I can tell here, but I'll wait on that.  icon_razz

... is this ranged attacker guy with a big assault rifle. He has this one ability to sort of lasso a target at range and drag it back to you. This can be useful for a Scoundrel. You let him lasso the target and bring him to you, and then you get on the target's backside and BOOM with the scattergun. But that ignores the fact there'll probably be several other targets blasting at you while you do that.

So I didn't much understand the reasoning there. Would seem more useful for a melee type who wanted his companion to  quickly lasso and draw in targets closer so the melee player can finish 'em off.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 27, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on October 27, 2011, 05:51:32 PM

I saw some screenshots of Khem Val in what looked like higher level sith armor, and he looked badass.

If only that were true in the game. So far in the beta, as I think I've mentioned before, Khem Val has horrendous clipping issues. His character is a bit bigger than a normal model, but uses a normal model for clothing. So if you put a helmet on him, the top sides of the helmet will come out of his temple and the eyes will come out somewhere near his mouth/nose. Boots will sometimes come out of his shins then go back in his feet. It looks awful. Khem also only has 2 companion kits, and unlike the other companions who get kits, you do not get one when you get him. It's one of the reasons I think Sith Inquisitor companions have just not had as much time spent on them as the other classes.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: October 28, 2011, 01:48:22 AM »

@ BJ:  Don't forget that ranged companions can be ranged "tanks".  If memory serves, all the ranged starter companions of the Republic have both a taunt ability and a "stance" that allows them to mitigate serious amounts of damage by the time they hit level 10... aka: ranged tank.  The companion for the trooper, smuggler, and Jedi Knight all fit this description.  I could go into a lot more detail as to why the ripcord that brings the enemy to you as a smuggler can at times be awesome, but I'd rather not spoil it.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:51:10 AM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 28, 2011, 06:31:50 AM »

I hope you guys have a lot of fun playing it....WHY WONT THEY LET ME IN!!!!! I PAY GOOD MONEY!

hmm. thats probably why.

A new one
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 28, 2011, 03:25:58 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 28, 2011, 06:31:50 AM

I hope you guys have a lot of fun playing it....WHY WONT THEY LET ME IN!!!!! I PAY GOOD MONEY!

hmm. thats probably why.

This is how I feel.  frown

I signed up for the beta back at the beginning and I pre-ordered the thing through their site.  They won't let me in, though. frown

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: October 28, 2011, 03:38:49 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 28, 2011, 03:25:58 PM

Quote from: Razgon on October 28, 2011, 06:31:50 AM

hmm. thats probably why.

This is how I feel.  frown

I signed up for the beta back at the beginning and I pre-ordered the thing through their site.  They won't let me in, though. frown

I'm certain its a conspiracy - we are the only guys not in yet!!

It would probably have been a better idea not to preorder though...or its just totally random, who knows :-)

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 28, 2011, 04:49:25 PM »

Nope, not the only two. Pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe version as soon as it became available to do so.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 28, 2011, 04:51:54 PM »

We're the exclusive ones it seems ;-)

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 28, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 28, 2011, 01:48:22 AM

@ BJ:  Don't forget that ranged companions can be ranged "tanks".  If memory serves, all the ranged starter companions of the Republic have both a taunt ability and a "stance" that allows them to mitigate serious amounts of damage by the time they hit level 10... aka: ranged tank.  The companion for the trooper, smuggler, and Jedi Knight all fit this description.  I could go into a lot more detail as to why the ripcord that brings the enemy to you as a smuggler can at times be awesome, but I'd rather not spoil it.
Maybe I was "doing it wrong," but my smuggler's first companion constantly dropped like a bag of potatoes at the first sign of durress.  icon_razz

Sure, the lassoing is useful if you want - as Scoundrel - to scattergun enemies at close range in the back (which we've discussed here, don't think that's spoiling anything) but usually while I was doing that I was getting blasted from all sides by other enemies. I'm sure I'll figure out something with that when it launches, I was just kind of getting tired of the smuggler at that point and wanted to try the other classes.

Honestly, I think if folks haven't gotten into the test yet, to some extent you might be better off not getting in until just a couple weeks before head start. Hopefully at least a little bit of what testers grumbled about will be addressed by then. Though much of what folks have grumbled about simply isn't going to get changed or solved or improved in a few weeks time, me thinks.

I'm glad I got to try it, I'm glad I got to submit a lot of feedback on it even if having a feedback form in your face seemingly every other minute gets old.
"What are you doing right now?"
"I'm not doing anything because this obnoxious form is in my face!"  icon_evil icon_smile
"I'm freaking standing around doing nothing!"
"I'm busy writing you more feedback about nothing!"  icon_smile

I'm not supposed to say that! Pretend you never saw anything!  paranoid

I'm not really convinced anything I submitted is going to make much difference in the game this close to launch. A lot of my concerns have already mentioned as "not at launch" variety stuff mentioned in recent interviews. What are ya gonna do? Uncle Bioware knows best, and Cousin Blackjack's dim little suggestions for improving the game or differentiating it from umpteen other MMOs are probably buried in some datametrics spreadsheet somewhere on an external hard drive, deep in the Bowels of Bioware...  paranoid
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 09:27:40 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 28, 2011, 10:14:27 PM »

I'm not sure that is even possible, to be honest.  I find these companions so ridiculously powerful in most situations, it isn't even funny.  But, you have no reason to lie, so I believe you.  I really have nothing else to offer.  I hope it gets better for you.

Quote from: Blackjack on October 28, 2011, 05:14:36 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on October 28, 2011, 01:48:22 AM

Maybe I was "doing it wrong," but my smuggler's first companion constantly dropped like a bag of potatoes at the first sign of durress.  icon_razz

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 29, 2011, 01:47:09 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 28, 2011, 04:51:54 PM

We're the exclusive ones it seems ;-)

Me neither.

- Ash
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: October 29, 2011, 05:03:24 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on October 28, 2011, 04:49:25 PM

Nope, not the only two. Pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe version as soon as it became available to do so.
Ditto... sadly...  crybaby AND I bought a regular version for my son.. he hasn't gotten in either..
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 31, 2011, 12:56:01 AM »

I pre-ordered the digital deluxe version today.  I wanna play now!   crybaby
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 31, 2011, 01:22:59 AM »

From the EA 2012 Q2 earnings conference c all on the 27th (emphasis mine):

Next, our biggest event of the year, the December 20th launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic.
This is inarguably the most anticipated game of the year, an epic MMO that makes each player
the hero of their own Star Wars saga. The Old Republic is in Beta right now and players are
blown away by the immersive story, dynamic combat and authentic Star Wars feel. In the
coming weeks we'll invite hundreds of thousands of players into our biggest Beta test to date.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 01:24:58 AM by Gryndyl » Logged

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 31, 2011, 01:58:49 AM »

Awesome,  I hope I get in for another go.  I just got a new computer with a GTX 580 and I want to see how the game is with all the settings maxed.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 31, 2011, 02:38:59 AM »

I hope I get in for my first try.  icon_confused
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 31, 2011, 01:15:19 PM »

Waiting for my invite as well.  icon_cry

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 31, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »

Hey, dev Georg Zoeller went a little posting crazy at forums to "break the silence" there. A few of note...

Imperial Agent -> Sniper Range 30-35m?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10318297#edit10318297
Quote from: Georg Zoeller
Snipers (and Gunslingers) have a range of 35 meters for most of their abilities, which is the longest range class for player abilities available. Troopers for examples have a maximum range of 30 meters on their long range abilities.

Imperial Agent -> Sniper gameplay theorycrafting (PvP)
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10318354#edit10318354
Quote from: Zoeller
Correct. Cover protects from Force Leap, being pulled via grapple, etc.

Using Entrench (An ability increasing the effectiveness of cover temporarily) will also make the Agent immune to any other kind of control (CC),. They become an unmovable object that cannot be charged, pushed, lifted, frozen, Force choked or in any other way incapacitated.

Jedi Consular -> How will the sage fair against up close melee characters?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10343899#edit10343899
You'll die. [if you try to tackle melee characters toe-to-toe using a Jedi Consular-Sage-bj]

To elaborate on this: If you try to outdamage any of the melee DPS classes at close range. 2 lightsabers > 1 lightsaber; Heavy Armor > light armor; Tons of powerful melee moves > small number of melee moves.

Sure, most of your abilities will still work close range, but you have a distinct advantage when they are at range, so you're going to have to make sure these guys don't make it into melee range or, if they make it, don't make it with enough health or stay there long enough to get their really powerful attacks off.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 09:55:27 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:11 PM »

For those in the beta, the new build is up. http://www.swtor.com/tester

For those not in the beta...

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 02, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »

lol that's cruel...but funny (I'm not in the beta).  It's sad that I keep checking my email each day with anticipation. 
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »

LET ME THE GORRAM IN!  crybaby

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:58 PM »

I keep forgetting that I'm in.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: November 02, 2011, 06:59:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 02, 2011, 06:19:58 PM

That statement could mean a lot......or not....

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: November 02, 2011, 07:58:10 PM »

This just screams a "that's what she said" quote  icon_twisted

In other news...I'm still not selected for the beta (or really any damn beta I've applied for in the past year).
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »

Woot!  Thanks cheeba!

Quote from: cheeba on November 02, 2011, 05:27:11 PM

For those in the beta, the new build is up. http://www.swtor.com/tester

For those not in the beta...

LD

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: November 02, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »

Quote from: ericb on November 02, 2011, 07:58:10 PM

This just screams a "that's what she said" quote  icon_twisted

In other news...I'm still not selected for the beta (or really any damn beta I've applied for in the past year).

They haven't invited anyone since Oct. 11th.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 03, 2011, 04:03:20 PM »

Some forum updates:

Early Game Access update coming soon
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10434325#edit10434325
Quote from: Stephen Reid
We'll be giving everyone an update on Early Game Access quite soon.

Server types and PvP rulesets
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10434480#edit10434480
Quote from: David Bass
There will be four different server types in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Here's how they work generally, and details on how we're dealing with roleplaying (RP) servers:

PvE (Player vs Environment) – Players will have to manually flag themselves if they wish to engage in PvP outside of designated Warzones and Open World PvP areas.

PvP (Player vs Player) – Players are automatically flagged for PvP outside of the designated 'safe' areas (such as Origin Worlds, Capital Worlds, and the Republic/Imperial Fleets; see below for more info).

RP-PvE
– Players are encouraged to roleplay and act ‘in-character’ while playing on an RP-PvE server. Players must manually flag themselves if they wish to engage in PvP outside of designated Warzones and Open World PvP areas.

RP-PvP – Players are encouraged to roleplay and act ‘in-character’ while playing on an RP-PvP server. Players are automatically flagged for PvP outside of the designated 'safe' areas (such as Origin Worlds, Capital Worlds, and the Republic/Imperial Fleets; see below for more info).

The pre-launch Guild Headquarters currently allows you to select between three different server types for your guild: PvE, PvP, and RP, which will determine your server placement during Phase 3: Deployment. During Deployment, we will be placing all eligible guilds that select 'RP' onto RP-PvE servers by default. If a guild wishes to exist on an RP-PvP server, they will need to create their guild manually on a new server once they reach their Capital World (Dromund Kaas or Coruscant) and create their guild.

The decision to make RP-PvP servers an option for players was made recently, which is why the choice was not available in the Guild Headquarters to start with. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but we hope you are as excited as we are to be able to choose this option for your guild in the game at launch.

PvP server rulesets

We also wanted to expand on what the PvP server ruleset means in The Old Republic. The obvious overarching rule is that in general, if you see a player of the opposite faction, you may immediately engage them in combat.

The exception to this rule is sanctuaries, which are large areas where PvP may not take place, regardless of whether you are flagged or unflagged for PvP. Examples of this are the Origin Worlds (Tython, Ord Mantell, Hutta, and Korriban), the Capital Worlds for both sides (Dromund Kaas and Coruscant), and the Republic/Imperial Fleets.

Hopefully this post helps inform your decision as to which server type you'd like to play on at launch. If you haven’t already, create a guild on the Guild Headquarters so that you can get placed on a server before the game launches!

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 03, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »

1 step forward, 2 steps back with this game, lol. Those of you not in the beta might be the lucky ones smile.

They've added a level of polish to the game that was badly needed. It's starting to look like a finished game. They increased the difficulty so it's not such a cake walk anymore. They've made usability upgrades to make things smoother, like not having to hit sprint every 2 seconds.

Then they added a shit-ton of new bugs and other problems. They removed all PvP gear except Republic level 50 gear. They removed the option to unify colors to the chestpiece, supposedly so they can see how badly colors match now I guess? It's hard to figure a lot of this stuff out because they don't communicate at all.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 04, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on November 03, 2011, 09:48:28 PM

1 step forward, 2 steps back with this game, lol. Those of you not in the beta might be the lucky ones smile.

They've added a level of polish to the game that was badly needed. It's starting to look like a finished game. They increased the difficulty so it's not such a cake walk anymore. They've made usability upgrades to make things smoother, like not having to hit sprint every 2 seconds.

Then they added a shit-ton of new bugs and other problems. They removed all PvP gear except Republic level 50 gear. They removed the option to unify colors to the chestpiece, supposedly so they can see how badly colors match now I guess? It's hard to figure a lot of this stuff out because they don't communicate at all.
There's a sprint key? Dammit, I knew I missed something.   icon_redface Seriously, if there was one, I could never figure it out or find it in options menu.

Difficulty increase sounds promising. I mean, aside from a couple bosses and one or two group-focused quests, much of my brief testing foray felt like too much of a cakewalk. I realize they talked about not wanting to follow the MMO norm or grinding away on one target until it falls. It just seemed pointless to have cover fire when so much of the time you could obliterate everyone in sight (in PVE) without breaking a sweat. At least on the 1-12 or so levels I got to try.

With the other stuff, imho, as long as it's pre-launch/pre-early head start, they oughta try whatever changes they want, listen to the feedback and examine the datametrics, and hopefully things will be in order by the head start (which is not considered a testing phase, Bioware said).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:16:05 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 04, 2011, 05:20:31 PM »

Zoeller had another lengthy post about Imperial Agent/Sniper stuff, in terms of how to fight them in PvP:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10435611#edit10435611
Quote from: Georg Zoeller
No, a Sniper in cover cannot be charged with Force Leap. Yes, your warrior will have to move into melee range to engage the Sniper (or use ranged abilities like saber throw).

Marksman specced snipers specifically are a very defensive class.

You rarely see them leading the charge onto an objective, but they are masters of area denial. It's not just that you have to bridge 35 meters to them, with them getting the alpha strike. They got tools that will temporarily root you (Leg Shot), the force of impact from their Ambush ability pushes close range enemies back and their cover generator is fitted with the a pulse detonator that pushes attackers out of melee range (Cover Pulse). They can also become faster and faster the more they hit you (Sniper Volley). And did I mention that they can call down a powerful orbital satellite strike to protect the area around them?

You really don't want to charge these guys head on. Just like what I said about a Sage going into close range combat with a Melee DPS class, charging a good sniper head on alone will likely result in you dead on the ground and the Sniper mildly irritated.

How is it balanced? Carefully... We force you to be smart about moving into the area protected by these guys. If you're not smart about it and think you can charge into the fray, that's the wrong class to try that on. Their weakness is the fact that their most powerful abilities require them to be entirely static, that they have little ability to kite or establish range against a close range attacker.

You want to sneak up on them, distract them or eject them from cover (there's a very limited number of abilities that can do that), utilize environmental features to avoid line of sight, hit them with long range DOTs and wear them down, or gang up on them. If you manage to catch them close range without having lost too much of your health, they are in a lot of trouble and without Stealth generator or any kind of active escape ability, they are likely dead.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: November 04, 2011, 06:50:55 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 04, 2011, 05:13:39 PM

There's a sprint key? Dammit, I knew I missed something.

It's an ability you get at like level 14ish (used to be 15 but I think they lowered it in this build).
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 05, 2011, 12:45:46 AM »

URGENT!  icon_smile [Below seems to suggest the early game access will be up to [depending on when you inputted the code] about Dec. 15-19, i.e., 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th.], Thursday through Monday.

Early Game Access Details Revealed
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111104-0
One of the benefits to pre-ordering Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is that you will gain Early Game Access before launch on December 20th. This is a chance to start your epic Star Wars saga early, as you’ll be able to create and play your character ahead of the official live game launch.

Many of you have been wondering how long Early Game Access will last, and we are now happy to announce that depending on when you redeem your Pre-Order Code, you will gain Early Game Access up to five days before the official game launch date.

Early Game Access is staggered over five days to ensure a quality experience for players at launch. Staggering access aids server stability and a gradual increase in player population through the game.

Early Game Access will be granted according to when your Pre-Order Code is redeemed at the Code Redemption Center. If you have not yet pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic, there’s still time! Visit our Pre-Order page for more information and watch the Collector’s Edition Unboxing video for a peek inside this highly coveted edition of the game.
Although I was expecting more of a two-week thing, I think that's because of all the MMOs the last couple years that would do a two-week  period for pre order players as a type of desperate last minute "marketing beta."

======================
Also, new Imperial Agent video:
Imperial Agent Character Progression
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/imperial-agent-character-progression
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:49:38 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 05, 2011, 01:45:52 AM »

The video, although welcomed for those of use who have decided on IA as a starting class, was a little rough around the edges.
The snipers armor looked nice, and the elephant gun sized sniper weapon did the trick very nicely on a couple of head-shots.

Still, if not even more, going with IA-Sniper for the first run through. Hopefully my 5 days head start will get me out of some of the more congested beginning zones before the onslaught begins.

Tons of back logged games to play over the next 5 weeks, we'll be in game soon enough. icon_lol nod

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 07, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »

Darth Hater pointed out a George Zoeller interview at RepublicTrooper.com that was, surprisingly enough, about...

Georg Zoeller talks Trooper combat with the RT team
http://www.republictrooper.com/2011/11/04/once-more-unto-the-breach-general-georg-zoeller-shares-combat-directives-with-the-troops/
However, a lot of the challenges to tanking are based in the tanks role as the ‘anchor’ of a fight. They are responsible for moving enemies into a position advantageous for their group and keeping them anchored. Tanking from range doesn’t lend itself well to this responsibility, so we saw quite a few problems from the Vanguard’s range: For example, it is much harder for group members to read the state of combat and who the tank is engaged with when the fight is taking place over large distances.

Ultimately, we’ve solved this problem by moving the ‘sweet zone’ for tanking on the Vanguard into mid-range, allowing for strategic use of ranged attacks while keeping him in the thick of the action.

Another problem we had to deal with was selling the ability to tank at close range for a gun wielding class. We had to use a lot of powerful visual effects such as technical shields to properly sell the Vanguard’s ability to go ‘hand to hand’ with a vibrosword wielding enemy.
GZ: The primary attribute for the Trooper class is Aim, which affects the damage, critical chance and healing of all ranged and tech abilities. Endurance is always a popular choice as secondary attribute, as it grants a higher health pool to draw on.

Depending on your role, specialization choices and play style, other stats such as Alacrity (reduces the activation time of many powerful talents) or Surge (improves the magnitude of critical hits or heals) make a lot of sense as well.
RT: What makes the Commando Combat Medic stand apart from his healing counterparts?

GZ:[/b] Commandos are the only medic class capable of increasing their target’s mitigation and receptivity to heals. They are also the only Advanced Class that features a ‘smart heal’, an auto-response heal that triggers on the target when they take damage. They also feature a unique mechanic with the aforementioned Combat Support Cell: Utilizing their main weapon to support their allies with a steady, reliable stream of healing, while building up Supercharge cell – which provides burst on demand capabilities when needed for either healing or even emergency damage.

GZ: The damage potential of all DPS trees is designed to be competitive with one another as we want the player to choose their specialization based on their play style preferences:

Assault Specialist – Using long range gameplay and mobility, this tree delivers high sustained and predictable damage to individual targets.

Gunnery – High burst damage created by a variety of build-up attacks. More sturdy and more utility than the Assault Specialist, but less mobile due to reliance on channeled abilities.

Tactics – Often compared to a ‘wrecking ball’ by our testers, this tree makes the Vanguard difficult to control, provides him with good mobility and anti-kiting tools and great area of effect damage.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:50:16 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: November 07, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »

Trooper (in general) is an incredibly fun class to play.  The videos of the class don't do it justice.  My humble opinion of course.

LD

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: November 08, 2011, 04:26:04 AM »

Did anyone else see the "Important Information about your Account" email from Bioware and think for a moment that it might be a beta invite?  As irrational as it sounds, I was...dissapointed to discover it was just a communication about changing passwords soon.  Boo.   

Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 08, 2011, 05:46:46 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on November 08, 2011, 04:26:04 AM

Did anyone else see the "Important Information about your Account" email from Bioware and think for a moment that it might be a beta invite?  As irrational as it sounds, I was...dissapointed to discover it was just a communication about changing passwords soon.  Boo.   

I was hopeful, then I was wondering if it was a well executed phishing scam.  Then I was annoyed - the new restrictions on passwords actually make them less secure than they were before due to new limitations on characters.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 08, 2011, 07:17:51 AM »

Yeah, same password on Origin, EA and now SWTOR? Thats no good!

A new one
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 08, 2011, 12:26:31 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 08, 2011, 07:17:51 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to link my accounts

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 08, 2011, 01:12:38 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on November 08, 2011, 12:26:31 PM

Quote from: Razgon on November 08, 2011, 07:17:51 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to link my accounts

Yeah -I hate going to EA's account page. I always get confused because apparently I have 19 different persona's there and I never know which is what.

A new one
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: