http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 02:03:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 127695 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 02, 2011, 03:49:46 AM »

Latest blah-blah-blah update from the forums...

Ironfist Boss doesn't move, bad AI?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7813236#edit7813236
*Bearing in mind it's like an L8-12 boss; I wouldn't expect anything too creative that early.
Quote from: Zoeller
Iron Fist is a tank in heavy armor. Not a nimble Jedi, acrobatic Smuggler or Agent.

Past his initial jetpack charge, there is little tactical advantage for someone like him to just move. He's one of several sub-bosses in the Flashpoint.

update on "What happened to killing your companions?"
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7816194#edit7816194
The current plan is 'we are rolling out Advanced Class respec onto the test servers, along with a pricing curve and potential additional limits to prevent changing Advanced Classes after the early teens'.

We will then analyze the impact this has on the game from testing and go from there.

Obviously, the ideal is that people don't ever need to respec their Advanced Class. There are additional measures we are putting in place to improve the communication about that choice to the player before it happens. Ideally, we would also allow you to 'test drive' the AC , but that's fairly expensive and unlikely to happen. It's more likely that we stick with a short period (a few levels) during which you can change your AC class for a credit cost before it locks in. We might attach other limiters than just credits (e.g completely disable the option past level 20 instead of a very high cost of credits.). That's what testing will determine.
======================
Ammo Colors update
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7816741#edit7816741
There are multiple things that can change blaster colors on all classes, from the 'cell mechanic' on the Trooper to the ability to slot found or crafted color cartridges into your weapon via the mod system.

On top of that, you can find weapons with rare and unique weapon effects as well (e.g. some of the rare assault cannons have very unique sound and weapon signatures, people will turn their heads when you start unloading with them icon_smile)
===========================

What the Companions do seem to do (though not equivalent of a real player) is some sort of player team flexibility if someone has to leave early, or someone gets disconnected and can't rejoin (Lord knows those two things happened to me many times in every mmorpg I ever played). You can sift through each others' companions and see who you can draft to try to make up for the lost player. That sounds more fun to me than all the times I was ever on a group that spent hours on some endless instance only to throw up our hands and give up when someone had to leave, rage-quit, or couldn't re-connect.  icon_smile "We can't do this without a healer, we can't do this without a tank/off-tank, we can't do this without blah blah." I could do with fewer of those kinds of MMO memories....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:54:13 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 02, 2011, 09:11:38 AM »

For those interested in PvP, very extensive writeup of the Alderaan PvP scenario as played at Comicon.  Includes comments on how various Advanced Classes played out and even a hand drawn map of the battlefield.  Keep in mind that this is the first PvP battlefield and it looks like the player characters were fairly limited by their being level 11-12.

Writeup on the Esseles Flashpoint from the same player.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 02, 2011, 06:21:19 PM »

I missed this Dark Site/Light Choices post from Zoeller explaining there usually is no "neutral choice" per se (still talking about the dev walkthrough from Comic-Con):
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7816559#edit7816559
The situation given to you in this case really only had two options. As such, being neutral is impossible. While some quests in the game may give you a 'uh, I'm not going to get involved, I'll stay neutral' option (often dubbed the 'I don't want to take sides' or 'I don't want to make a decision'), in the grand scheme of things that's not a really viable option for the majority of quests. If it were, the neutral option would be 'refuse quest'.

In short: Neutral choices rarely make for interesting choices or interesting gameplay, which is why they don't exist on every quest, only once where it makes sense.

The game tracks both your light and dark side choices. Once a quest is completed, these choices are locked in final, forever. You can never 'reduce' the dark side influence your character has built up, you can only try to balance it out with light side choices.

So, short: Yes, you can play neutral, but in the context this game that would mean making per case choices in quest, trying to do both of light or dark choices of similar magnitude.
My metaphorical reading is that isn't like a Dark/Light see-saw where building up more of one reduces the other. So if you go way up one, the only way to even it out (if you're trying to purposely be neutral) is make more, or more heavily-weighed, choices on the other side to even things out.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 04, 2011, 01:59:29 AM »

Reminds me of old D&D True Neutral.   Do what the situation requires trying to keep both light and dark in balance for the good of all.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 05, 2011, 08:46:42 PM »

Jedi Consular newness!

Jedi Consular Records
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110805
Learn more details about the Jedi Consular:

Meet Qyzen Fess, a mighty Trandoshan hunter who joins the Consular’s cause
    Find out more about the mystical Mirialan, wise Force-sensitives who often become Jedi Consulars
    Take a tour of the Jedi Starship, the Corellian Defender-Class Light Corvette; it’s perfect for diplomatic missions, but well-equipped for combat if negotiations go sour.
    Don’t miss the new Jedi Consular class video!
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/jedi-consular
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:49:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1285 on: August 05, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on August 05, 2011, 08:46:42 PM

Now with 100% more Really Epic Sounding Trailer Music and Overlarge Shoulderpads for no reason!

Seriously, what's with the giant shoulderpads? Who thought this is a good reason again?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 05, 2011, 11:42:32 PM »

Still sticking with Imperial Agent. No interest in playing a farce user.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 06, 2011, 12:28:53 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 05, 2011, 09:48:26 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on August 05, 2011, 08:46:42 PM

Now with 100% more Really Epic Sounding Trailer Music and Overlarge Shoulderpads for no reason!

Seriously, what's with the giant shoulderpads? Who thought this is a good reason again?

It worked for WoW!
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 07, 2011, 04:09:40 AM »

Want my SWToR fix. NAO!

Shoulderpads ftw... but only on a Trooper... biggrin

Atomic
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 08, 2011, 10:07:42 AM »

I was thinking - since Claudia Black did such an excellent job as Morrigan, I might just pick my first class based on if she does the voiceover for it.  Anyone know if she was chosen for any of the classes?  I'd be willing to bet it's Imperial if anything.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on August 08, 2011, 10:07:42 AM

I was thinking - since Claudia Black did such an excellent job as Morrigan, I might just pick my first class based on if she does the voiceover for it.  Anyone know if she was chosen for any of the classes?  I'd be willing to bet it's Imperial if anything.

Yep, Female Sith Warrior   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 08, 2011, 11:25:59 AM »

On the off chance I play this at release, I would definitely be an Imperial Agent.  ninja
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 08, 2011, 11:25:59 AM

On the off chance I play this at release, I would definitely be an Imperial Agent.  ninja

Well now we all know.  You suck at this covert ops stuff.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 08, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »

nerf incoming smile

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 08, 2011, 12:00:14 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 08, 2011, 11:35:56 AM

On the off chance I play this at release, I would definitely be an Imperial Agent.  ninja

Well now we all know.  You suck at this covert ops stuff.

the best spies convince the enemy they are the worst spies!  ninja DOUBLE NINJA! ninja
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 08, 2011, 02:37:58 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 08, 2011, 11:48:14 AM

nerf incoming smile

yeash, agents are now going to be the worst class when the game starts.  sorry Arclight, Hark just killed your fun  Tongue

unless of course he doesn't plan on playing an Agent.   he'd better not be fibbing though, the Gamign Gods don't like that......

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Asharak
Gaming Trend Reader

Elitist Ash-hole

View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 08, 2011, 02:49:43 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 08, 2011, 11:25:07 AM

Quote from: Lockdown on August 08, 2011, 10:07:42 AM

Claudia Black

Yep, Female Sith Warrior   

Interesting. And tempting. Very, very tempting.

- Ash
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 08, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »

If I do play, it likely won't be for long and they usually buff the class once I'm done with it.  I hear even the Hunter in DAOC ended up being pretty good.   Roll Eyes
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 08, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »

It seems like they are using 1 voice actor per gender per class.  I've already heard 1 or 2 voice actors that make me want to stay away from some classes (like jedi knight), and some really good ones (mostly imperial classes).  I guess that's the risk of using voice acting for the player characters.

While I would love to play one of the lightsaber wielders, I continue to lean more torwards classes that are anti-force user, just for the challenge and fun (especially in pvp).  Hopefully the beta will open up more towards the end of August and early September so I can get my experimentation out of the way now, and start ruling out classes before launch.   
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 09, 2011, 08:01:12 PM »

I believe that I saw something about the voice files being stored locally.

If that's the case, it's only a matter of time before there are 3rd party replacement voice packs available. And as with most things, I'm sure most of them will be absolute crap. smile

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 12, 2011, 04:10:29 PM »

Wallpapers taken from Jar-Jar Binks' personal collection the cinematic trailer "The Return"
http://www.swtor.com/media/wallpapers

Been busy with work and my new kitty.  icon_smile Some interesting posts Aug. 9 about a guy's experiences playing The Gunslinger in PVP at Comic-Con:

Kiting?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8127567#edit8127567
As far as kiting goes, it's not easy being a Smuggler. Not impossible, but it wouldn't be my class of choice for that, and here is why:

- Try kiting a Sith Warrior, who can force charge up to 30 meters and can throw their Lightsaber.
- Try kiting a Sith Inquisitor, who has powerful control effects and the ability to enter Force Speed for a few seconds, with greatly increased movement rate.
- Try kiting a Bounty Hunter, who may have the ability to use their jetpack to catch up to you or use a grappling hook as well as good range with their blaster rifle.
- Try kiting Imperial Agents why may have a sniper rifle with long range equal or better than your own.

There's certainly the option to make use of environment/line of sight and advanced players will find that for example Warriors can be made miserable by a Smuggler dodging around in their dead zone (out of melee range, not yet in Force Charge range), hitting hard with the scatter gun (15m range) - but kiting overall in our game isn't simple due to the wide range of utility all classes have.

Cover fire in PVP
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8130547#edit8130547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viconiuz
@ Devs:
Why not design the class so that you - at any time, regardless available objects or portable cover - can crouch down with one knee on the ground in a similar shooter-position and gain the in-cover buffs and action-bar (but without the defensive bonuses from actual cover)?

That way you would get an incentive to use the cover-mechanic very often (at any time as soon as you're not forced to stay mobile in order to avoid dying) while still keeping the incentive to use real cover when it's available.

I don't know if the portable cover has a cooldown or not, but even if it doesn't, the mere fact that a bright shiny object lights up that you're hiding behind probably makes it feel very static to use either way. A system such as the one I suggested would completely remove the feeling of cover being cumbersome to use.
[I fixed several typos in the guy's post - he needs a proofreader!  icon_razz -BJ]

It's something we've looked at a number of times and might look at again. Ultimately portable cover kind of does this in the current iteration (it has a short cooldown but is off the GCD, and it's defensive benefit is not the same as cover as it only mitigates incoming damage - real cover negates it).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:18:10 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 12, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »

new Fan Friday: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110812-0

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 12, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »

I'm not dissapointed to hear that kiting may not work in this game...or not work well.  I've never liked kiting, on the receiving end or doing it to another player.  It always felt gamey and silly bunny hopping around and spinning about while jump shooting or spin shooting.  I'm glad the melee classes all seem to have the ability to close distance quickly.  With all of that said, the developers would need to give the smuggler and imperial agent abilities that if used well would at least give them a fighting chance to succeed when they have a lightsaber in their face.   

ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 12, 2011, 09:38:29 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on August 12, 2011, 07:54:16 PM

I'm not dissapointed to hear that kiting may not work in this game...or not work well.  I've never liked kiting, on the receiving end or doing it to another player.  It always felt gamey and silly bunny hopping around and spinning about while jump shooting or spin shooting.  I'm glad the melee classes all seem to have the ability to close distance quickly.  With all of that said, the developers would need to give the smuggler and imperial agent abilities that if used well would at least give them a fighting chance to succeed when they have a lightsaber in their face.   

I'm not a big kiting fan, but I think the issue in this case is that the Smuggler was the only character class that was supposed to be able to kite, so I understand the disappointment in his inability to do so.  He has been touted as the only character able to shoot behind him as he was running in the other direction (which is true to Han Solo form).
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 15, 2011, 12:42:30 PM »

Darth Hater pointed out this Videogamer.com interview with writer Daniel Erickson:
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/star_wars_the_old_republic/news/bioware_talks_star_wars_the_old_republic.html
I finally understood the companion deaths bruhaha better after reading this part...
Q: There are no companion deaths in this game, which is rare for a BioWare title. Does that speak to the differences in designing single player games to MMOs?

DE: It does. Companion deaths were one of the very last things to get cut from the game. We had some interesting plot lines we really didn't want to see go but the risk to game balance was just too huge.

Testing quickly showed that people would do things in the heat of the moment (and to see if they could) and then instantly suffer game-crippling remorse or would be fine with the decision until they ran into a situation where they really needed that companion.

For gameplay differentiation it was important to us that each CC had a clear and distinct combat role that works with the character class - which means being a tank and realizing you've killed your healer companion right before the Chapter boss fight... it wasn't something we could defend without a reload button for people who were going to have these characters for years.
I thought the concern was players accidentally killing their companions through friendly fire or something -- it seems to be more that testers were intentionally killing their companions to see how that changed the plot, and then getting frustrated later on when they didn't have that companion available for certain situations.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: August 15, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »

The classes look too similar to me.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 15, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »

Yep, it was never killing a companion in combat.  It was sacrificing them as part of the story.  I doubt you could ever attack them in combat, and if you can (maybe AoE?) you probably still can. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 16, 2011, 04:22:31 PM »

8 Imps take on the Eternity Vault (level 50 instance): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPsuhyN9fTU&feature=player_embedded

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 19, 2011, 12:08:35 PM »

Blah blah blabbity blah updates from the forums...

Confirmed - Rested XP will be in the game
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8325778#edit8325778
Quote from: lead systems designer Damion Schubert
To shed a little more light on how the system works right now: you earn Rest XP by going to a Cantina. You continue to earn Rest XP over time if you are logged out, provided you log out in a Cantina. Currently, Rest XP is capped at (meaning you can only accumulate up to) roughly a level's worth of experience.

As long as you have Rest XP, you earn double XP from any creature kills. Rest XP does not contribute to other sources of experience (completing missions, exploration, codex discovery, etc).
==============

Social points for purchase (not "money transactions" per se)
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8339919#edit8339919
Quote from: senior community coordinator David Bass
Just to confirm what others have already said in the thread: They were referring to using Social points to purchase items in-game, which you earn through group gameplay.

===============

Huttball, recreational PVP game
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8340267#edit8340267
Quote from: lead writer Daniel Erickson
I wrote Huttball personally and gave it my big stamp of approval. Huttball came from a request by the pvp team to have a mode that could mix sides in the event of unbalanced factions. So it's not Empire vs Republic playing insane death sports, it's anyone who wants to win some prizes and flex their muscles going to Nar Shaddaa, gambling center of the galaxy, and blowing off some steam.

Story is important but so are alternate, setting-appropriate activities that give some depth and variety to the world and the gameplay experience. There is a crazy Hutt that likes running huge arena events for his amusement. Your choice if that's the way your Bounty Hunter enjoys spending his downtime.

====================

Addressing endgame concerns raised based on PC Gamer article
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8359883#edit8359883
Quote from: community manager Stephen Reid
To clear some of this up...

First of all, loot containers. After every boss is defeated during a normal difficulty Operation, every player will receive a loot container. Inside that container each player gets a chance for loot specific to them, or commendations that can be exchanged for other loot. So to be specific (because this seems to be confused by PC Gamer) that happens after each boss is defeated in a normal difficulty Operation, and not just once at the end of the Op. (There are multiple bosses in Operation: Eternity Vault for example.)

Second, Gabe was misquoted a bit on the lockout thing (it's a bit loud here on the show floor!). There are lockouts, but they are designed to be 'flexible'. This means, for example, if I have killed Boss 1 in an Op group and Gabe has killed Boss 2 with another Op group, then I can join Gabe's Op group and together we can defeat Boss 3 - but Gabe can't go back to Boss 1, until the lockout expires.

As Gabe has said there are going to be difficulty modes. We've spoken about 'normal' and 'hard' modes so far, which will be available for both 8 and 16 player Op groups.

We'll talk more about difficulty modes and how they work later, but suffice to say, Gabe and his team are focused on making sure endgame content is both accessible and challenging.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 03:29:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 19, 2011, 03:59:37 PM »

Woo, just got my beta acceptance e-mail smile.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 19, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on August 19, 2011, 03:59:37 PM

Cool. I've been in for a short bit and can't say much, but I will say I hadn't planned on purchasing TOR 2 weeks ago.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 19, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »

Quote from: Booner on August 19, 2011, 06:29:56 PM

Quote from: cheeba on August 19, 2011, 03:59:37 PM

Cool. I've been in for a short bit and can't say much, but I will say I hadn't planned on purchasing TOR 2 weeks ago.
I hate you both with the white-hot hate of a thousand pouty, poorly-acting Hayden Christiansen clones  icon_twisted... oh yes, I know how to really insult people.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 19, 2011, 06:40:03 PM »

The gaming gods hate me.  No invite.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 19, 2011, 06:46:10 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on August 19, 2011, 06:38:18 PM

I hate you both with the white-hot hate of a thousand pouty, poorly-acting Hayden Christiansen clones  icon_twisted... oh yes, I know how to really insult people.  icon_razz

Did you have to add the 'poorly-acting' part? With Hayden, I thought it was a given. smile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 19, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »

Quote from: Booner on August 19, 2011, 06:46:10 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on August 19, 2011, 06:38:18 PM

I hate you both with the white-hot hate of a thousand pouty, poorly-acting Hayden Christiansen clones  icon_twisted... oh yes, I know how to really insult people.  icon_razz

Did you have to add the 'poorly-acting' part? With Hayden, I thought it was a given. smile
Redundant, true.  icon_smile Though I maintain he was pretty good in "Shattered Glass" as a corrupted, coldly calculating journalist -- sometimes you just gotta use an actor's limitations to good effect.

And here's the Huttball trailer (pretty loud music, get ready to mute it quickly if you're at work):
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/huttball
*Also a good chance to see a lot of flashier skills in use.
A new event has captured the hearts and minds of the citizens on the Smuggler’s Moon of Nar Shaddaa. Known as “Huttball,” two teams clash for the amusement of the masses and to win favor with the famed Giradda the Hutt in this new video that highlights just one of the Player-vs-Player (PvP) Warzones in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:18:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 19, 2011, 09:22:29 PM »

Read somewhere that they are inviting with priority given first to those who have registered the longest. Any truth to this?

I pre-ordered second day it was open to...I know that will give me a few days head start. But would still love me some testing.

One of you guys roll up an IA would ya? You don't have to tell me how the stealth is, or about the cover system. No, you don't have to tell me anything about the class. ninja

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 19, 2011, 10:49:38 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on August 19, 2011, 09:22:29 PM

Read somewhere that they are inviting with priority given first to those who have registered the longest. Any truth to this?

I pre-ordered second day it was open to...I know that will give me a few days head start. But would still love me some testing.

One of you guys roll up an IA would ya? You don't have to tell me how the stealth is, or about the cover system. No, you don't have to tell me anything about the class. ninja

They have said invites are completely random with skews for system specs.  I think there was a quote saying given the same system someone that signed up today had the same odds of getting in.  Something about them wanting statistically sound feedback (rather than have it skewed to superfan feedback only).

Now they have also said for the early access (not beta) pre-orders will be allowed in based on the order you entered your pre-order code.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 19, 2011, 11:01:53 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on August 19, 2011, 09:22:29 PM

I don't believe this.  I've been registered for testing a long, long time, and have not gotten invited.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 22, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »

I don't think it was registration, I believe it was pre-order code entry slot.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 22, 2011, 01:40:38 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on August 22, 2011, 12:27:57 AM

I don't think it was registration, I believe it was pre-order code entry slot.

Well I pre-ordered within 3 hours of the pre-order announcement and have my code entered, and I haven't gotten invited.  Plus Bioware explicitly said at that time that pre-order would have no effect on beta testing invites, just early access at actual release.  They might have changed their mine since, but they definitely said no when they first announced the pre-orders.

Maybe they just hate me  crybaby
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: