http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 02:39:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 124378 times)
Vidiot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 21, 2011, 05:04:41 AM »

Well ads are going up around the internet, so it looks like we get the pre-order tomorrow.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 21, 2011, 05:25:34 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 20, 2011, 03:26:03 PM

I'm "wait and see" on that, in part because I'm hoping there'll be a boxed version with some Star Wars Geek goodies in it.  icon_smile

I was very pleased with my experience buying Starcraft 2 via Blizzard's own digital download service last year. I just don't have particular faith that an EA service would be as well designed. Blizzard's service just hawks its own few old (albeit great) titles, while EA would probably be shoving 3,942 games most of us don't care about via obnoxious advertising on the Origin service. But it it's designed well and isn't a mess and doesn't bog my system down, I'd consider it.

I have been purchasing games from Origin since it was called EA Online Store and use the client since it was called EA Download Manager. The client is running just fine and there is no obnoxious advertising on Origin store page, it is comparable to Steam store page. Origin is just like Impulse for EA games, you only need Origin client to download games, but you don't need it to play them just like Impulse except you also don't need it to patch games since EA don't use Origin to patch games.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 21, 2011, 08:28:23 AM »

Ok, thanks for the Origin insights, good to know some first-hand observations.  icon_smile

Yes guys, pre-order is official! Hell froze over!  icon_cool (it's too damn hot here in Virginia, I can't get back to sleep, so I saw this just now)
http://www.swtor.com/preorder

[$149.99! icon_eek, including $20 pre-order fee] Boxed, Collector's Edition [for U.S., it's available from Origin [i.e., EA directly], Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, Amazon, Target]

Pre-Order Exclusive:
    Early Game access
    Color Stone (virtual item) [changes color of light saber and blaster bolts]

30 Days Game Time included

Limited Collector's Edition Includes:
    Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
    Game disks collectible metal case
    The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan
    The Old Republic galaxy map
    Custom Security Authentication Key
    Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
    High-quality Collector's Edition box

Includes 7 Additional Digital Items:
    Flare Gun
    Training Droid
    HoloDancer
    HoloCam
    STAP
    Exclusive Mouse Droid
    Exclusive Collector's Edition Store
===================
[$79.99, including $5 pre-order fee] Digital Deluxe
    Pre-Order Exclusive:
    Early Game access
    Color Stone (virtual item)

Includes 5 Additional Digital Items:
    Flare Gun
    Training Droid
    HoloDancer
    HoloCam
    STAP
===================
[$59.99, including $5 pre-order fee] Standard (boxed OR digital, I believe)
    Pre-Order Exclusive:
    Early Game access
    Color Stone (virtual item)

Aaand, Pre-Order FAQ:
http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq

I suspect official forums will be a mixture of delight and screaming bloody murder that collector's edition buyers get this or that. I have no doubt the "collector's edition exclusive store" will piss a lot of people off.  *Fist Shaking*  icon_razz And it looks like it's a 4-DVD-ROM game.

And that Darth Malgus statue looks sweet. Although I'm trying to avoid box purchases these days (I'm overrun with them even after dumping some old stuff), it might be hard to resist that even at that nutso price.

Apparently pre-orders are already going like crazy at this hour and are considered "while quantities last," according to the Origin pre-order page. I just don't know if I can do a crazy pre-order for something I still haven't gotten to try yet.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:03:27 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 21, 2011, 08:54:17 AM »

digital deluxe edition is $79.99..... 20 bucks more for 5 virtual items?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 21, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 21, 2011, 08:54:17 AM

digital deluxe edition is $79.99..... 20 bucks more for 5 virtual items?
Hey the prices I dug up include the pre-order fee ($5 except for $20 on the mega CE). Is that usually refunded as a deposit? I forget...

What I'd want to know is if these are "exclusive" items or something you can eventually get or craft in-game. Be sure to click the items on the official site page there so you can see what they do/look like.

I haven't bought any games in months, so I might go for the crazy box. I figure I'm either gonna go nuts like that or just get the cheapest Origin digital edition, not something in between and I won't bother with a box unless it's got crazy great stuff in it.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:04:52 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: July 21, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »

Got my CE pre-order from Amazon and with credit I was saving for this I got the game from 79.00 smile  Already got my early access code and will be entering it today

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 21, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on July 21, 2011, 10:59:42 AM

Got my CE pre-order from Amazon and with credit I was saving for this I got the game from 79.00 smile  Already got my early access code and will be entering it today

Same, except for the amazon credit.  Early access code is already entered.
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:37 PM »

I got the email about the preorder this morning too!  I hope there's some of the CE's left when I get off work tonight...  I'm seriously thinking about buying one  icon_cool

Xbox LIVE: Mirage775
Steam: Mirage775
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 21, 2011, 12:20:50 PM »

Down and clear! Setting up to maintain perimeter and wait for extraction run. You over there! Set up the medical tent, we're gonna have wounded! biggrin

Atomic
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 21, 2011, 12:32:30 PM »

So if you pre-order via Amazon, you get a code that will allow you to download the game early via Origin?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 21, 2011, 12:36:53 PM »

Yeesh, Origin already sold out of the collector's edition (retailers may still have it). Who knew the pent up demand for Darth Malgus statues?  icon_smile
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7473666#edit7473666
Oh well, I didn't feel like making a decision at 5 a.m.  icon_razz Then I changed my mind (see below).

Amazon is still offering:
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Collectors-Bundle-Pc/dp/B005B8DRVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311252012&sr=8-1
*I don't think the Dec. 31 release date is "official."

afik, anywhere you pre-order will get you a chance for early game access and presumably d/l the client some way (I don't think they'd make you wait for the physical discs to arrive) eventually, whether by Origin or something else. Just don't expect to d/l it today unless you've lucked into the testing category.  icon_smile

And, a curses on you all and forum effect, just placed my Amazon CE order just now. If I'm going to contribute so much hot air to this thread, it was time to put my money where my cyber mouth is, right?  smirk As my sig says, I'm out of gaming altogether right now. I have lot of eggs in this basket. Don't let me down, Bioware!  icon_smile
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:28:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 21, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »

My orders in at Amazon as well.  Heres hoping they eventually set up free release day delivery.  Still since it includes early access, you will have to have some access to the game before its actually released so it may be moot.

Heres also hoping that the release dates a placeholder.  They had better have a pre christmas release because Im off work from December 23rd through January 2nd.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 21, 2011, 01:15:35 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 21, 2011, 12:36:53 PM

Yeesh, Origin already sold out of the collector's edition (retailers may still have it). Who knew the pent up demand for Darth Malgus statues?  icon_smile
Oh well, I didn't feel like making a decision at 5 a.m.  icon_razz

Dang!
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 21, 2011, 01:28:35 PM »

I can hear the apocalyptic groaning coming from a half-dozen MMO's as they watch the gathering storm of the Juggernaut that is Star Wars: The old Republic.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 21, 2011, 02:30:17 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on July 21, 2011, 01:15:35 PM

Dang!
Ydejin, the crazy CE box pre-order is still (I think?) available via Amazon and the various retailers (I didn't see any versions yet listed yet on Target's site just yet, even though it's supposedly participating). In case you missed the rest of my admittedly rambling post.  icon_smile Even if I somehow don't like the game, I'll get a ridiculous Darth statue, which is priceless.  icon_smile

I'd like to know more about the "custom authentication key," haven't seen anything more just yet. I dunno, probably it's just your serial key in a goofy gadget.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:34:45 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 21, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 21, 2011, 02:30:17 PM

Dang!
Ydejin, the crazy CE box pre-order is still (I think?) available via Amazon and the various retailers (I didn't any versions yet listed yet on Target's site just yet). In case you missed the rest of my admittedly rambling post.  icon_smile Even if I somehow don't like the game, I'll get a ridiculous Darth statue, which is priceless.  icon_smile

I'd like to know more about the "custom authentication key," haven't seen anything more just yet. I dunno, probably it's just your serial key in a goofy gadget.

I ended up just pre-ordering the digital version.  I assume the custom authentication key is basically an RSA SecureID.   Which is definitely a good thing to have, although I guess WoW is now providing that type of functionality via iPhone.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 21, 2011, 02:38:24 PM »

strangely I'm not as excited about the pre-order as I expected to be.  can't say I'm too fond of the 'the earlier you enter your code the earlier you'll get access' deal, especially since Amazon doesn't bother to mention that.  no biggie for me, since I'm mainly going to be in it for the solo stuff so I won't be worried about getting out leveled by getting in later.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 21, 2011, 02:57:20 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on July 21, 2011, 02:36:39 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on July 21, 2011, 02:30:17 PM

Dang!
Ydejin, the crazy CE box pre-order is still (I think?) available via Amazon and the various retailers (I didn't any versions yet listed yet on Target's site just yet). In case you missed the rest of my admittedly rambling post.  icon_smile Even if I somehow don't like the game, I'll get a ridiculous Darth statue, which is priceless.  icon_smile

I ended up just pre-ordering the digital version.  I assume the custom authentication key is basically an RSA SecureID.   Which is definitely a good thing to have, although I guess WoW is now providing that type of functionality via iPhone.

Im pretty sure youre correct.  They will probably do the same as WoW, sell the physical device for about 6 bucks and have an app available for smartphones.  They are definitely worth having as it adds a major level of security to your account and makes it far less likely to be hacked.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 21, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »

Went ahead with the Origin basic download edition. That virtual stuff sure as hell isn't worth $20 to me. Now if that vehicle were a bloodfin, that woulda been a different story slywink.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 21, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »

Ah, I'm familiar with the app authentication for Rift, though I didn't use it.

I agree the digital deluxe edition seems overpriced unless there is something else in it they're not mentioning yet.

I'm sure everyone is going to try multiple characters, and I certainly hope to group with folks from here. As far as the head start, my thinking is I'll either sample everything (assuming I don't get to participate in testing) or I'll just plow ahead with one class. Then if others wanted to group up a lot, could just roll other types.

Though Lord Knows we never had much luck getting groups together in Champions, STO, Tabula Rasa etc. I think we've got so much diversity in terms of time zones and stuff it's tough to coordinate. Still, I look forward to trying. It's really the social aspect of MMOs I liked but in recent years, just haven't found much of it.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »

Almost exactly what I paid.  My company has a kudos system and one of the options are amazon cards, so I generally have a bit of credit floating around.

Make sure you attach your code right away.  There is a rumor going that they are going to stagger people in in the order they submitted pre-order codes.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 21, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 21, 2011, 02:38:24 PM

strangely I'm not as excited about the pre-order as I expected to be.  can't say I'm too fond of the 'the earlier you enter your code the earlier you'll get access' deal, especially since Amazon doesn't bother to mention that.  no biggie for me, since I'm mainly going to be in it for the solo stuff so I won't be worried about getting out leveled by getting in later.

Im thinking that the pace for TOR will be a bit different than WoW's  power level to end game style.  Because of that, getting out leveled in the early stages of the game probably wont be a big issue, especially if youre going solo for the most part.
 I definitely plan on checking out everything I can in game as I play and have no intentions of rushing thru to top level as fast as possible. I do want to get early access, since Ive been out of MMo's for awhile and am really looking forward to TOR but if I have to wait a few days longer to get in, Im not going to kill anyone over it......  well probably not anyway  ninja

ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 21, 2011, 04:34:56 PM »

Quote from: Vidiot on July 21, 2011, 03:58:35 PM

Got my CE pre-order from Amazon and with credit I was saving for this I got the game from 79.00 smile  Already got my early access code and will be entering it today

Almost exactly what I paid.  My company has a kudos system and one of the options are amazon cards, so I generally have a bit of credit floating around.

Make sure you attach your code right away.  There is a rumor going that they are going to stagger people in in the order they submitted pre-order codes.

That's not a rumor.  It says so right on the pre-order page.

The order in which you redeem your Pre-order Code is the order in which you will gain Early Game Access before the game’s official release.

Now as to whether or not the pre-order access period is long enough for that to be meaningful who knows.

Also don't forget to not only pre-order but redeem your code.  I put in an order and then didn't enter the code until I saw someone's post mentioning having to enter it on the webpage.  I originally assumed since I pre-ordered via EA Origin that's all I needed to do, but turns out you still need to manually enter in the pre-order code they give you.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 21, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »

Ah found the quote:

Does pre-ordering affect my chances of being accepted into the Game Testing Program for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

No, pre-ordering the Game in no way affects your chances of gaining entrance to the Game Testing Program. However, the sooner you redeem your Pre-Order Code the sooner you will be eligible to gain Early Game Access.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 21, 2011, 05:13:39 PM »

Still waiting on them to give me my damn code.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 21, 2011, 05:17:48 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on July 21, 2011, 05:13:39 PM

Still waiting on them to give me my damn code.

I ordered from Amazon and got the code the instant the order went through.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 21, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »

Same here (Amazon, got the code at hyperspace speed). Who did your order from, cheeba? Keep us posted... The Origin site does indicate it might take up to 48 hours to get an e-mail confirmation sent back, but I assumed one would receive the code right away.

If the game isn't the greatest thing since the invention of the flush toilet (much less, sliced bread), I'm stuck with about a $130-$150 paperweight.  icon_lol Although I've done far stupider things in my years as a PC game consumer.  smirk
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:42:34 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 21, 2011, 05:48:54 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 21, 2011, 05:39:23 PM

Same here (Amazon, got the code at hyperspace speed). Who did your order from, cheeba? Keep us posted... The Origin site does indicate it might take up to 48 hours to get an e-mail confirmation sent back, but I assumed one would receive the code right away.

If the game isn't the greatest thing since the invention of the flush toilet (much less, sliced bread), I'm stuck with about a $130-$150 paperweight.  icon_lol Although I've done far stupider things in my years as a PC game consumer.  smirk

are you hoping for a lfietime subscription?  Tongue

Because I can,
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 21, 2011, 05:55:16 PM »

Sounds like launch will not be until October at the earliest.  From Massively:

If you're one of the many eager players of Star Wars: The Old Republic jumping all over this morning's pre-order, there's more good news on the way. According to TOROcast, an investor report from Electronic Arts shows that the game will be opening up special "beta weekend" events for players to get a glimpse of the game starting in September. This looks like the perfect opportunity for players to start jumping in and playing in advance of the launch date (which presumably would not be until at least a little after September, naturally).

While the report doesn't say if these tests will be open or closed, they certainly bring to mind the beta weekends that RIFT popularized, with a limited number of players, but a great deal of freedom in access. Seeing as how these will be tests, however, it's unlikely that this will constitute the early access set forth in the pre-order bonuses -- so if you're looking forward to the game, ordering now is still advisable.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 21, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »

The problem I had was they wouldn't accept my credit (debit) card. I re-entered the info after doing a transfer of some money and they charged the full $64 or whatever it was to my account. I thought it would just be $5 for now. I can't afford the $64 right now so I'm trying to cancel it frown.

So I talked to live chat, asked them why it charges the full amount when it said it'd charge $5 and then the rest when the game came out. The guy said I'd get a refund within 2-3 business days. Unacceptable, I said, I need that money this weekend. So I'd like to cancel and get a refund. Sure, he says... you can get your full amount back in 2-3 days. Fucking hell.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:11:09 PM by cheeba » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 21, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on July 21, 2011, 06:08:13 PM

The problem I had was they wouldn't accept my credit (debit) card. I re-entered the info after doing a transfer of some money and they charged the full $64 or whatever it was to my account. I thought it would just be $5 for now. I can't afford the $64 right now so I'm trying to cancel it frown.

So I talked to live chat, asked them why it charges the full amount when it said it'd charge $5 and then the rest when the game came out. The guy said I'd get a refund within 2-3 business days. Unacceptable, I said, I need that money this weekend. So I'd like to cancel and get a refund. Sure, he says... you can get your full amount back in 2-3 days. Fucking hell.
Who was this from again? That sounds wrong on their part for sure.

From the pre-order FAQ:
http://www.swtor.com/preorder/faq
Will I be charged for my pre-order?

Pre-order charges will vary by retailer. In most cases, upon purchase of your pre-order you will be charged an advance payment. Pre-order charges vary by country, so check with your preferred video game retailer for exact details.

The recommended advance payment price for Standard and Digital Deluxe Edition is $5 (USD)/ £5 / €5. The recommended advance payment price for Collector’s Edition is $20 (USD)/ £15 / €20. (Prices and currencies may vary by country.)
Sounds like you know all that. The retailer didn't "get the memo" apparently.  mad

Hey, forgot to paste in the Collector's Edition details:
What is included in the limited Collector’s Edition of the Game?

The limited Collector’s Edition of Star Wars: The Old Republic (which is only available as a physical edition, at retailers) includes the Game software and thirty days of game time, as well as the following items:

The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural: 111 pages of notes and sketches by the revered Jedi Master from the early years of the Great Hyperspace War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Features never-before-seen artwork and all-new information.
    Darth Malgus statue: The villainous Darth Malgus comes to life with this exclusive 9 in. collectible statue from Gentle Giant studios. [more info on the studio here: http://www.gentlegiantstudios.com/traditional-sculpting/sculpting/; though I suspect this is more likely a "digital sculpture" of a 2-D image from SWTOR]
    The Old Republic Galaxy Map: 14 x 20 inch at-a-glance look at the known galaxy.
    Security Authentication Key Fob: Keep your Lightsaber and credits safe with this custom Security Authentication Key Fob for your game account.
    Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD: Seventeen orchestral music tracks from Star Wars: The Old Republic.
    Star Wars: The Old Republic Game: The Star Wars: The Old Republic game on DVD-ROM in a collectible metal case.
And then the digital items, which I think we did see the details on at the pre-order page.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:44:01 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 21, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 21, 2011, 06:31:13 PM

Why, EA/Origin, of course!   Roll Eyes

They said it's an "authorization fee" to make sure the money's in my account. They actually took $64 from my account when they said they'd take $5. The $59 is being refunded, but I may not see that money until Monday or Tuesday.

Unbelievable.
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 21, 2011, 07:16:37 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on July 21, 2011, 06:52:25 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on July 21, 2011, 06:31:13 PM

Why, EA/Origin, of course!   Roll Eyes

They said it's an "authorization fee" to make sure the money's in my account. They actually took $64 from my account when they said they'd take $5. The $59 is being refunded, but I may not see that money until Monday or Tuesday.

Unbelievable.

Sounds like a hold.  It is pretty common to put a hold and release on a card to verify the funds exist.  In the case of a credit card this is nothing (you shouldn't. be charged financing charges for it, although it may be deducted from available credit).  In the case of a debit card most banks seem to lock up the funds until it clears.  They may have already released the hold but it needs to make its way though the system.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 21, 2011, 07:21:19 PM »

I just preordered the standard edition through amazon.  Worked well.  I received my pre order code immediately, with a link to register.  It detected my prior EA bioware account after I entered my email in the registration form, and then updated my EA/Bioware password with my new SW:TOR password.  I was asked if I wanted to be considered for testing, and entered in the required info plus system scan.  This step was optional.  Once validated I entered my preorder code, and that was it.  Pretty easy.  Early access is a big plus for me.  I like getting in ahead of the masses, even if it's just a few days.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 21, 2011, 07:39:33 PM »

So what's the conventional wisdom about the game from those who have been following beta more closely than I? A must-buy? A wait-and-see? A trainwreck?

I'm still really on the fence about pre-ordering but I don't want to wait around too long.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: July 21, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on July 21, 2011, 07:39:33 PM

So what's the conventional wisdom about the game from those who have been following beta more closely than I? A must-buy? A wait-and-see? A trainwreck?

I'm still really on the fence about pre-ordering but I don't want to wait around too long.

I am in the beta. The story aspects made this a must buy for me.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 21, 2011, 08:21:03 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on July 21, 2011, 07:43:29 PM

Quote from: YellowKing on July 21, 2011, 07:39:33 PM

I am in the beta. The story aspects made this a must buy for me.

I'm unsure whether I told you this previously, but here goes

BASTARD!  icon_evil

And I mean that in the nicest possible way ;-)

A new one
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1157 on: July 21, 2011, 08:46:22 PM »

The Old Republic

Pre-order link for Amazon with GT Affiliateship.  Juuuust saying.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 21, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »

Preordered because I like MMOs and Star Wars.  Still don't have high hopes but at least it passes the time until Guild Wars 2 smile
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 21, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 21, 2011, 05:39:23 PM

The Origin site does indicate that it could take a while, but I got mine shortly after ordering.  Not sure what the exact timing was, but certainly within 15 minutes or so, might have been sooner.

What actually took the most time for me was resetting my SWTOR password, because I couldn't remember what it was -- for some reason that took quite a while, I didn't check the exact time, but somewhere around an hour between the request and receiving the reset e-mail.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:17:40 AM by ydejin » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: