http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 11:42:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic announced  (Read 132075 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »

Fan art female bounty hunter smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:31 PM »

more fan stuff.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2010, 09:37:55 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 12, 2010, 01:32:40 PM

Assuming that's what he meant, that's about what I expected. If they weren't recording voice lines for every single line in the game, maybe this year would've been feasible. I feel good if they aren't rushing it.

Yeah, I'd rather see that they take their time with it rather than rushing it like Cryptic has done with STO.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on January 15, 2010, 09:37:55 PM

Assuming that's what he meant, that's about what I expected. If they weren't recording voice lines for every single line in the game, maybe this year would've been feasible. I feel good if they aren't rushing it.

Yeah, I'd rather see that they take their time with it rather than rushing it like Cryptic has done with STO.
Oh, C'mon. Let's push up the SWTOR beta to next month! With only 2/3 of the voice lines done! Missing quests! Missing features! Missing classes - they'll add the rest in DLC! $300 lifetime subscription with 'guaranteed beta access' for Mass Effect 3*! Yeah! It'll be awesome! (I'm kidding... I think)

*Fine Print Disclaimer: Mass Effect 3 is not guaranteed to exist. You are not guaranteed spot in closed beta. You are not guaranteed spot in first day of open beta. You are not guaranteed spot in open beta in a timely fashion. If you whine about that like a bleating goat, you are not guaranteed a timely response, and we will not refund your money. We're a heartless corporate organization, not a bleeding heart club! And why are you reading 5 pt. type? It's bad for your eyes!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:58:37 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 17, 2010, 10:17:29 PM »

Well I am disappointed that this is still over a year away but Id rather they get this thing done right than push it out the door early and incomplete ( Im looking at you STO )  While not many games will have a chance at kicking WoW in the jublies, this game may just have the pedigree.  The fantasy MMO thing is getting tiresome and a future/ space based MMO may be just what we need.    Now just implement some small ship space combat along with the planet based stuff and Ill be ecstatic.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 18, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 15, 2010, 10:52:39 PM

Quote from: Rumpy on January 15, 2010, 09:37:55 PM

Oh, C'mon. Let's push up the SWTOR beta to next month! With only 2/3 of the voice lines done! Missing quests! Missing features! Missing classes - they'll add the rest in DLC! $300 lifetime subscription with 'guaranteed beta access' for Mass Effect 3*! Yeah! It'll be awesome! (I'm kidding... I think)

*Fine Print Disclaimer: Mass Effect 3 is not guaranteed to exist. You are not guaranteed spot in closed beta. You are not guaranteed spot in first day of open beta. You are not guaranteed spot in open beta in a timely fashion. If you whine about that like a bleating goat, you are not guaranteed a timely response, and we will not refund your money. We're a heartless corporate organization, not a bleeding heart club! And why are you reading 5 pt. type? It's bad for your eyes!

So, in other words, just like KOTOR 2, right? Tongue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2010, 07:45:54 AM »

a new timeline trailer, this time about the Onslaught of the Sith Empire.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »

Taris.

didn't they blow up the planet?

Because I can,
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 12, 2010, 03:55:17 PM

Taris.

didn't they blow up the planet?

Yeah, though I guess one could say it wasn't completely destroyed, and only part of the planet was affected.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2010, 12:48:19 AM »

sorry Starshifter.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2010, 12:45:29 AM »

some new fan art and the fan site kit has been released.  now Blackjack can make his 'I <3 the Old Republic Sith' fansite he's always wanted to make.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 26, 2010, 07:13:15 PM »

Return to Taris (now w/ video and interviews):
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/developer-dispatch-6?sourceid=eag1545
Cool environs. Can't wait to see how many 'Kill 20 Bantha Rat' quests they fill them with.  smirk

I was into fan sites when it involved using HTML (for a years, I actually felt I was learning something). I don't know what the heck people use today. Everything's scripted to death. I don't think my old copy of Homesite (put out of its misery by Adobe last year in favor of the $400 Dreamweaver) would do much today.  icon_neutral

Most of what I fan-sited for (Incubation, Darkstone, the PS2 game Ring of Red, and some lost bargain shooters) really needed fan site support. I've always enjoyed shining a light on something underappreciated or underseen.

The omnipotent, all-devouring Bioware Multimedia PR Machine for SWTOR needs no fan support at all.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:17:51 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 26, 2010, 07:41:20 PM »

Very cool, I'm very much into this game.  I've always been a huge Star Wars fan.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 26, 2010, 08:11:26 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 26, 2010, 07:13:15 PM

Return to Taris (now w/ video and interviews):
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/developer-dispatch-6?sourceid=eag1545
Cool environs. Can't wait to see how many 'Kill 20 Bantha Rat' quests they fill them with.  smirk

I was into fan sites when it involved using HTML (for a years, I actually felt I was learning something). I don't know what the heck people use today. Everything's scripted to death. I don't think my old copy of Homesite (put out of its misery by Adobe last year in favor of the $400 Dreamweaver) would do much today.  icon_neutral

Most of what I fan-sited for (Incubation, Darkstone, the PS2 game Ring of Red, and some lost bargain shooters) really needed fan site support. I've always enjoyed shining a light on something underappreciated or underseen.

The omnipotent, all-devouring Bioware Multimedia PR Machine for SWTOR needs no fan support at all.  icon_razz

saw the video - very interesting, and I cant wait... One thing though - they talk about making you as a player decide what happens with Tarsis... How do you make a choice in an MMO that effects the way that a planet will continue?? Unless its a singleplayer MMO?

A new one
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »

I can think of a few ways: either you go the shifting allegiance way where one side or the other builds 'points' in some way (taking keeps, completing specific quests in a day, etc..), or you use those points over time by each side & who has the most at a certain point wins, or you can use GM sponsored events, etc...

I'm hoping that the way that they use is more RP than less (i.e. GM events).
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 26, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »

Ah, true - but then its not really "you" or "your choices" that decided the fate of the planet, but the faction you are in, right?  I guess we'll see, but I'm very wary of game designers telling me I have meaningfull choices in MMO's....

Also, its not a permanent change, but something that might change 15 minutes after you play your part

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2010, 07:08:03 AM »

want NOW!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2010, 05:32:51 PM »

finding balance in the Force

Because I can,
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2010, 08:38:47 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 26, 2010, 08:26:52 PM

Ah, true - but then its not really "you" or "your choices" that decided the fate of the planet, but the faction you are in, right?  I guess we'll see, but I'm very wary of game designers telling me I have meaningfull choices in MMO's....

Also, its not a permanent change, but something that might change 15 minutes after you play your part

Well, what I'd like to see is NPCs do something based on what you say, that does have an impact on you and the world around you, so due to selection of choices one has on a conversation, the more people select a choice, the more impact it would have. And then you'd have this change affect battles or other events. In this way, it's not direct, but you would have a chance to make a change.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 11, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »

most expensive EA game evar!

Because I can,
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 11, 2010, 10:49:56 PM »

Tried making an account to sign up for beta.  After filling out the form it said I "wasn't eligible".  WTF?!  No explanation, nothing. 

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:13 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on March 11, 2010, 10:49:56 PM

Tried making an account to sign up for beta.  After filling out the form it said I "wasn't eligible".  WTF?!  No explanation, nothing. 

no Ewoks allowed.

Because I can,
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:20 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 11, 2010, 11:28:13 PM

no Ewoks allowed.

Their loss.  Seriously though, how can anyone over 18 be ineligible to make an account?

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: March 12, 2010, 02:51:34 PM »

I could've sworn I heard that the site has severe incompatibilities with Firefox. Or at least the beta signup page when it first launched.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 12, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 12, 2010, 02:51:34 PM

Tried making an account to sign up for beta.  After filling out the form it said I "wasn't eligible".  WTF?!  No explanation, nothing.  

I could've sworn I heard that the site has severe incompatibilities with Firefox. Or at least the beta signup page when it first launched.
There was an issue initially (don't think it was related to Firefox) that the "system testing" tool wasn't properly sending in your test results or something.

As far as signing up, I'm assuming Elmo registered as a SWTOR community member and that he checked the box indicating he was interested in testing:
http://www.swtor.com/tester
Also, I've also found testing app forms sometimes throw various "do you agree to this" blah blah, and on occasion I've forgotten to check something, or I misread it and checked it when I didn't want to:
To be eligible for consideration and possible selection as a game tester, you must be a registered member of the Star Wars: The Old Republic community and be 18 years of age or older. There are confidentiality and license restrictions as well as other terms you must agree to in the Game Testing Agreement in order to complete the tester application process.
But if he's tried repeated times, then my theories are shot.  icon_confused

The budget numbers are about what most fans expected. And it's clear EA isn't rushing them the way they would just about any other dev in their stable. But the MMO market's full of mega-budget titles that flopped badly or didn't come near the projected subscriber-bases. If succeeding as an MMO just meant throwing millions of dollars at the project, the industry would have a bunch of other games with multi-million subscriber bases. So we'll see...

I think the biggest advantage WoW had to this day is it didn't have to compete with or be compared to in subscriber base to... WoW. Everquest had a pretty big base but nothing remotely comparable to WoW today.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 09:28:50 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 12, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »

I used Firefox so that might be it.  I tried multiple times.  No big deal.  I'll probably have a couple of years to keep trying.  Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2010, 12:47:47 AM »

Belsavis, the Republic super max prison.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 17, 2010, 07:59:56 PM »

TTH video interview with SWTOR's Lead Writer on blah blah blah
http://www.tentonhammer.com/events/gdc2010/swtor_erickson

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2010, 03:05:34 AM »

I watched the TTH interview video. There's no shocking revelation, but you do get a little better understanding of a few things.

Also, he mentioned that one of their lead designers was the lead designer of Shadowbane and Meredian 59.

I'm guessing it's this guy, Damion Schubert:
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,41468/

=============
TTH also had a smattering of new Republican Trooper screenshots (other sites posted it as well, it's not an exclusive per se, but is new):
http://www.tentonhammer.com/events/gdc2010/TORscreens
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:09:30 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2010, 01:50:44 PM »

I get a growing sense EA is shoveling too much expectations upon SWTOR (as they did before with Warhammer, imho):

BioWare and EA expect 2+ million subs, potential pricing model 'twists'
http://www.massively.com/2010/03/19/bioware-and-ea-expect-2-million-subs-potential-pricing-model/

Some big MMOs like Age of Conan have "crested" past the million subscriber mark at launch, but retention is a whole other ballgame.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2010, 10:51:33 AM »

The Sarlacc Enforcer class.  Make sure to watch the videos and see the Sarlacc Enforcer in action.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2010, 02:34:54 PM »

Funny stuff. I can see the opposite class as a giant bottle of Pepto.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2010, 02:47:19 PM »

awesomeness.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

the Third Element.

it's not as cute as the Fifth.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 02, 2010, 02:15:46 PM

the Third Element.

it's not as cute as the Fifth.

or

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 02, 2010, 04:15:38 PM »

now if she had force powers she'd be the perfect woman.

Because I can,
Wargus

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 03, 2010, 07:05:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 02, 2010, 04:15:38 PM

now if she had force powers she'd be the perfect woman.

Some womanly curves would be nice too.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2010, 05:12:00 PM »

Peace for the Republic?

yeah, right, and I got some beachfront property for sale on Tatooine.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »

I almost hate seeing these teasers as the game is still about a year away but damn it has the potential to be one kick ass mmo

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on April 16, 2010, 08:48:13 PM

I almost hate seeing these teasers as the game is still about a year away but damn it has the potential to be one kick ass mmo
I think you can paste that pull quote in on every MMO released in the last 10 years.   icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: