http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 08:42:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic (GT forum member characters)  (Read 6122 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »

>>>>I actually haven't even done a Flashpoint yet...not entirely sure what they are.   icon_redface

These are group instances.

After Esseles, most Flashpoints involve wiping out 90% trash mobs, before eventually receiving hot, burning, jagged metal-fireplace-poker enemas (team wipes) over and over from certain bosses (for those actually into that, you'll have to come up with another metaphor). Again, that's just me, and I'm very bitter, and planning to stay away from them for the time being cause most of mine ended like this smiley.  mad     icon_razz Most folks seem to either have better teams than me (I get very little sympathy in-game when I kvetch about it), or they smartly wait until they're about 5 levels past the Flashpoint level so they have more room for error with the bosses.

You can read the official description here:
http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/flashpoints

I'll try to find some time this weekend to change my initial post to a "master list" of everyone's character listed here so far. I'll try to organize it a bit.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:36:14 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2012, 05:37:34 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 03, 2012, 04:59:37 PM

Quote from: hepcat on January 02, 2012, 04:48:29 AM

Okay, crafting is just genius in this game.  I find myself looking forward to every crafting mission I send my companion on.  Will he return with something I need?  Or will he bring me back a broken toaster oven?  Good times, good times. 

Speaking of which, does anyone in GT Heroes need some "green goo" and other stuff from the archaeology and bioanalysis gathering trees? I am just doing gathering for now since I assume that crafters are going to have to make a lot of crap to get to the good stuff. So if any crafters need/want this stuff just let me know. Seems a waste to sell them for such low credits when someone else can use them to make crappy items to improve their crafting skills.

Just throw them in the guild bank and people can use them as needed.   Oh, never mind....   I really hope that they get guild banks in place soon.  Resource sharing through the guild bank is a big  bonus when joining a guild.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »

Ive been playing on the Imperial side of things but have been thinking about starting a Republic character and joining the guild.  Ive never run an actual healer so i thought Id give it a go.  Whats the best class/spec for healing on the Republic side of things?

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2012, 06:46:00 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on January 05, 2012, 05:39:46 PM

Ive been playing on the Imperial side of things but have been thinking about starting a Republic character and joining the guild.  Ive never run an actual healer so i thought Id give it a go.  Whats the best class/spec for healing on the Republic side of things?
I would guess the Jedi Consular>Jedi Sage? (The "Seer" advanced class tier seems to have the strongest heals, but I don't speak from experience). The Smuggler>Scoundrel (Sawbones tier) and Trooper>Commando (Combat Medic tier) can also offer up substantial healing abilities if spec'd that way.

The various fan site skill calculators can be helpful in understanding all that, like Darth Hater's:
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/jedi_knight/guardian/
*Use the button-panels at the bottom there (you might need to scroll to see them) to choose other advanced class builds to look through.

*I've revamped my first post on page 1 here to include everybody in the guild who had posted here (I'm sure we have a few that are in the guild in-game but didn't post in the forum, I'll add them later). Then I'll also list everyone else's listing here (I thought by Server Type, and then by server name, would be useful).

*NOTE: If you see yourself in post #1 listed with a question mark, I didn't see your character name or basic info (class type) in the posts here. PM me if you'd like me to update that. smile I tried to include everyone even the posts that said "I'm on so and so server" and didn't give more details. Later I'll check the GT Heroes guild list online and add anyone missing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:20:31 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2012, 07:26:18 PM »

I have the following:

Jabberwock - Smuggler - Lvl 29 - Elysium Server
McKraken - Trooper - Lvl 34 - Elysium Server
Yog-Sothoth - Sith Warrior - Level 11 - Elysium Server
??????? - Jedi Consular - Level 4 - Dreshdea Cantina

I never use the Jedi because Dreshdea is always full.  I have never had a wait queue of any kind or significant lag at all on Elysium server.  I always get right in.  Of course, it helps that I'm usually logging in at 5AM

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2012, 07:44:46 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on January 05, 2012, 07:26:18 PM

I have the following:

Jabberwock - Smuggler - Lvl 29 - Elysium Server
McKraken - Trooper - Lvl 34 - Elysium Server
Yog-Sothoth - Sith Warrior - Level 11 - Elysium Server
??????? - Jedi Consular - Level 4 - Dreshdea Cantina

I never use the Jedi because Dreshdea is always full.  I have never had a wait queue of any kind or significant lag at all on Elysium server.  I always get right in.  Of course, it helps that I'm usually logging in at 5AM
fwiw, I've not had any wait cues on Dreshdea Cantina in about a week. So if you haven't logged in there recently, please join us.  icon_smile The holidays are over for most folks now, and I don't think wait ques will be what they were, for the most part.

And I just finally remembered the TK-421 reference...
"TK-421, why aren't you at your post? TK-421? Do you copy? ... Oh, he's got an equipment malfunction." (something like that  icon_smile)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:49:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2012, 02:26:03 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 05, 2012, 06:46:00 PM

Ive been playing on the Imperial side of things but have been thinking about starting a Republic character and joining the guild.  Ive never run an actual healer so i thought Id give it a go.  Whats the best class/spec for healing on the Republic side of things?
I would guess the Jedi Consular>Jedi Sage? (The "Seer" advanced class tier seems to have the strongest heals, but I don't speak from experience). The Smuggler>Scoundrel (Sawbones tier) and Trooper>Commando (Combat Medic tier) can also offer up substantial healing abilities if spec'd that way.

The various fan site skill calculators can be helpful in understanding all that, like Darth Hater's:
*Use the button-panels at the bottom there (you might need to scroll to see them) to choose other advanced class builds to look through.

*I've revamped my first post on page 1 here to include everybody in the guild who had posted here (I'm sure we have a few that are in the guild in-game but didn't post in the forum, I'll add them later). Then I'll also list everyone else's listing here (I thought by Server Type, and then by server name, would be useful).

*NOTE: If you see yourself in post #1 listed with a question mark, I didn't see your character name or basic info (class type) in the posts here. PM me if you'd like me to update that. smile I tried to include everyone even the posts that said "I'm on so and so server" and didn't give more details. Later I'll check the GT Heroes guild list online and add anyone missing.

One note on Jedi Consular/Sage/healers - the Consulars have a fixed force regeneration rate during combat. Sure you can put skill points into increasing the max force you have or slightly increasing the force regeneration rate, but they have nothing like the skills given to Troopers and Smugglers that let them regenerate their ammo or energy while in combat. So, while it may seem that Sages can heal the most health, people playing that class have to manage their force bar so they don't run out of force at a critical moment.

I just found this out after doing one flashpoint with a group. I thought I was doing pretty well, throwing out heals and in between casting DPS on targets. Then I see that one group member is at 50% health and fading fast, but I'm all out of force power. And not to mention another baddie has targeted me and is causing MY health to drop. Luckily we were able to survive by the skin of our teeth. After that I read up on how to improve the Sage's force regen during combat and found out that you basically can't smile.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 06, 2012, 02:26:03 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on January 05, 2012, 06:46:00 PM

Ive been playing on the Imperial side of things but have been thinking about starting a Republic character and joining the guild.  Ive never run an actual healer so i thought Id give it a go.  Whats the best class/spec for healing on the Republic side of things?

One note on Jedi Consular/Sage/healers - the Consulars have a fixed force regeneration rate during combat. Sure you can put skill points into increasing the max force you have or slightly increasing the force regeneration rate, but they have nothing like the skills given to Troopers and Smugglers that let them regenerate their ammo or energy while in combat. So, while it may seem that Sages can heal the most health, people playing that class have to manage their force bar so they don't run out of force at a critical moment.

I just found this out after doing one flashpoint with a group. I thought I was doing pretty well, throwing out heals and in between casting DPS on targets. Then I see that one group member is at 50% health and fading fast, but I'm all out of force power. And not to mention another baddie has targeted me and is causing MY health to drop. Luckily we were able to survive by the skin of our teeth. After that I read up on how to improve the Sage's force regen during combat and found out that you basically can't smile.

Yeah, the trooper does have an "oh crap" button for a quick resupply of ammo, but mostly you want to be using its 0 ammo ability as much as possible and then send out healing probes when that isn't enough to do the job. I haven't gotten my first healing ability for my sage yet, but I assume that they have a similar 0 force ability?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 06, 2012, 02:34:53 PM

Yeah, the trooper does have an "oh crap" button for a quick resupply of ammo, but mostly you want to be using its 0 ammo ability as much as possible and then send out healing probes when that isn't enough to do the job. I haven't gotten my first healing ability for my sage yet, but I assume that they have a similar 0 force ability?

Yes, our "Saber strike" ability costs 0 force, and only requires us to get into melee range. Don't get me wrong, I love having to be all strategic about my force management and carefully plotting what skill I'm going to use next during combat. I'm just putting information out there so other sages don't get caught flat-footed like I did.

Also, unlike the Trooper and Smuggler, our regen rate during combat does not change regardless of how much force we have left. As I understand it, the Trooper and Smuggler regen rate drops when their ammo or energy bar goes below a certain point.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 06, 2012, 02:42:56 PM

Yes, our "Saber strike" ability costs 0 force, and only requires us to get into melee range. Don't get me wrong, I love having to be all strategic about my force management and carefully plotting what skill I'm going to use next during combat. I'm just putting information out there so other sages don't get caught flat-footed like I did.

Also, unlike the Trooper and Smuggler, our regen rate during combat does not change regardless of how much force we have left. As I understand it, the Trooper and Smuggler regen rate drops when their ammo or energy bar goes below a certain point.

Well Saber Strike is an offensive ability, so that doesn't really help you keep healing up. The trooper gets to use various cells to modify their abilities - with Combat Support Cell active, you can actually shoot your allies with your 0 ammo ability and it heals them. It doesn't look like there is a similar type of ability for Sages.

At lvl 20, there is a Noble Sacrifice ability that will get some force back. I haven't looked too deep into the Sage tree, but I imagine they start to become much more powerful healers as they progress. Combat Medic does seem to offer a wider range of healing abilities earlier.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2012, 05:22:40 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 06, 2012, 02:42:56 PM

I assume this is similar to the Sith Sorcerer, but there is you can talent up your Force Lightning equivalent to increase your Force regen rate (stacks up to 3x).  It's really all you've got.  Noble Sacrifice sort of works, but it's a pretty poor 'oh shit' button.

Basically, your default answer is that you shouldn't be throwing any damage at an enemy that isn't Force Lightning if it's going to be a hard right.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2012, 05:26:21 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 06, 2012, 05:22:40 PM

Basically, your default answer is that you shouldn't be throwing any damage at an enemy that isn't Force Lightning if it's going to be a hard right.

What's a hard right? Is that like a Tea Partier?

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 06, 2012, 05:26:21 PM

Quote from: gellar on January 06, 2012, 05:22:40 PM

What's a hard right? Is that like a Tea Partier?

LOL.  Fight.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2012, 03:02:32 PM »

'Spaceman' Spiff my Gunslinger is now up to level 18 and just got his ship.  If he was looking to join the GT gang of Rebels whom would he need to talk with?

morlac00 on PSN
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »

Quote from: morlac on January 10, 2012, 03:02:32 PM

'Spaceman' Spiff my Gunslinger is now up to level 18 and just got his ship.  If he was looking to join the GT gang of Rebels whom would he need to talk with?
If you're on Dreshdae Cantina server, try to message any of us listed in my initial post here (I've listed everyone I'm aware of, but am probably missing some):

List of GT players by server
http://gamingtrend.com/forums/massive-multiplayer-madness/star-wars-the-old-republic-%28gt-forum-member-characters%29/

Playing
PC
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2012, 05:07:25 PM »

Begeren Colony (PvE-RP West Coast)

Empire

Djynn, Marauder
Leng,  Sniper
Leech, Sorcerer
Gryndyl, Powertech

Republic

Wick, Shadow
Kallysta, Marksman
Meesha, Guardian
Kanjia, Commando

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2012, 02:37:31 AM »

I don't know if this is worth something to someone, but I got schematics: avenger boots (requires synthweaving 30). I can send it to a crafter in Gaming Trend Heroes if they want it. I'm just a gatherer, not crafting at all, so this is useless to me.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2012, 07:10:12 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 12, 2012, 02:37:31 AM

I don't know if this is worth something to someone, but I got schematics: avenger boots (requires synthweaving 30). I can send it to a crafter in Gaming Trend Heroes if they want it. I'm just a gatherer, not crafting at all, so this is useless to me.

My Jedi (Aggronobi) in the guild is going to try Synthweaving though I really haven't gotten anywhere with it just yet.

Wanted to give anybody in a guild a heads up that according to an mmorpg.com interview, March is the tentative time frame for Bioware introducing guild storage to the game.

Playing
PC
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »

Great!~! Thats four. Lets start the adventure.

It seems that everyone would be okay with playing the Empire side. Lets start on Monday and then discuss our best days while online. If everyone is okay, lets use voice on steam. My steam name is scoop20906.

If there are no objections I will create a character on the Rubat Crystal server.

I will be online at 8:00 pm tomorrow night. I will post my character name here so we can find each other.

Name: Scoop20906
Character Name: Zafeed
Preferred Server: Rubat Crystal
Preferred Side/Class: Empire/Sith Inquistor
Preferred Days and Times: Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday starting at 8:00 or 9:00 pm
Time Zone: Eastern
Steam UN: Scoop20906

Name: Arkon
Preferred Server: Rubat Crystal
Preferred Side/Class: Empire/Bounty Hunter.
Preferred Days and Times: Mondays and Tuesdays are likely my best days
Time Zone: Eastern
Steam UN: Arkon

Name: drifter
Preferred Server: Any
Preferred Side/Class: Empire
Preferred Days and Times: Mondays
Time Zone: Texas
Steam UN: ??

Name: Jaddison
Preferred Server: Any
Preferred Side/Class: Any
Preferred Days and Times: ???
Time Zone: ???
Steam UN: ??

UPDATE:
Arkon chose a bounty hunter so since we are on different start worlds we decided to level until we get off the starter worlds and can join up. When drifter and Jaddison create their characters we can come back and help you guys level up. We still need one Sith Warrior and one Imperial Agent.

We can talk about how to craft our characters so we become an unbeatable team.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:38:19 AM by Scoop20906 » Logged

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2012, 12:04:04 AM »

Going online now, Scoop, sent you a steam friend request.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »

I made a character on Rubat.  Cluedo who is a Stih Warrior.  I can go tank route or damage depending on what other people want.  Eastern time zone.  I there is a better character class that fits our mini-group I am happy to change as I like them all and enjoy healing as well.

my steam name is jaddison80

am flexible and fit most schedules starting at about 1900-2000

sent steam friend requests
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:49:11 PM by Jaddison » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »

I am arkon262 on Steam.  I tried finding jaddison80 and it returned 0 results.

My character is Keothis, Bounty Hunter, looking at either tank or DPS spec.  Just about finished with Hutta.

I think it would be cool if we had 1 of each of the 4 base classes.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:08:44 PM by Arkon » Logged
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2012, 04:13:49 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 10, 2012, 04:03:41 PM

I think it would be cool if we had 1 of each of the 4 base classes.

The only bad part to that is you won't be grouping together until about level 6 when you leave the starting planet.  The two Sith classes start on one planet, and the two others on a different planet.

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2012, 04:30:14 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on April 10, 2012, 04:13:49 PM

The only bad part to that is you won't be grouping together until about level 6 when you leave the starting planet.  The two Sith classes start on one planet, and the two others on a different planet.

Level 6?  I have never gotten off of the starter planet before level 9-10.  It took me a few hours between last night and this morning to finish Hutta as a Bounty Hunter, not too bad really.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »

I believe that is the earliest you are allowed to leave, and I think you'd have to skip all side-quests and just do the main story.   Though I could be mistaken smile

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on April 10, 2012, 04:34:15 PM

I believe that is the earliest you are allowed to leave, and I think you'd have to skip all side-quests and just do the main story.   Though I could be mistaken smile

Ah yeah that makes sense...I am a quest completionist and almost never skip quests.  After completing every quest on Hutta I am halfway between level 11 and 12, although I still need to find 2 datacrons.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:52 PM »

ugh my sigin name is jaddison80...apparently I am jaddison for other steam steam purposes
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

Hey Jaddison. I added you on steam. Have you created a character yet? I'm still working my inquisitor through the starting planet and like Arkon I can't skip
Quests either. Hopefully one of you becomes Sith Warrior so we can group
up.

Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 12, 2012, 12:28:03 AM »

I am at fleet now at level 11.  I am a sith warrior tank.  name is Cluedo (misspelled my own character name)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:29:59 PM by Jaddison » Logged
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 12, 2012, 03:57:45 AM »

Excellent. I'll join you shortly sometime tomorrow. Where's drifter?

Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »

Arkon do you know which ones you need.....for starting planets I know where all the datacrons are.

This Sith warrior I started is a tough bugger....or they made that one quest on Corriban easier...the one where you get the skull and then the elite thing pops up out of a pool of blood......I could never solo that thing before and this time soloed it at level 7 and didn't die once....was a close fight but I made it.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2012, 03:51:27 PM »

Quote from: Jaddison on April 12, 2012, 02:32:19 PM

Arkon do you know which ones you need.....for starting planets I know where all the datacrons are.

This Sith warrior I started is a tough bugger....or they made that one quest on Corriban easier...the one where you get the skull and then the elite thing pops up out of a pool of blood......I could never solo that thing before and this time soloed it at level 7 and didn't die once....was a close fight but I made it.

I have the Matrix Shard from the elite area, I just need to get the two stat datacrons.  I know one is in the far northeast of Hutta and the other is in the southern area outside of town, I just didn't think to look for them while questing.  Was going to grab them both this morning until I remembered the servers were down for the 1.2 patch.

I never had an issue with that quest as a Sith Warrior, but the final class quest on the planet always crushed me.  Were you able to get the datacron/matrix shard that is behind the champion in the cave?
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 12, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »

I got 3...is there a fourth?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 12, 2012, 04:31:59 PM »

Quote from: Jaddison on April 12, 2012, 04:10:44 PM

I got 3...is there a fourth?

You know, I found it way back in the friends and family alpha and haven't been back since.  Looking on some spoiler sites, I don't see it listed.  Maybe when I finish Hutta I will take a trip to Korriban and double check.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 12, 2012, 09:11:35 PM »

Been a bit busy everyone.  I have things going on at my sons school and the state of Texas change the youth protection requirements for scouting camps about a month ago; online training doesnt suffice it has to be face - face training.  I am able to teach the training and with this being the start of prime camping time we have a lot to do.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 12, 2012, 09:54:38 PM »

Updated to 1.2 and created an agent named farnum.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »

I got Keothis to the Imperial Fleet, level 12 by the time I went to Korriban to get the datacrons and picked up my advanced class.  I went DPS spec Power Tech, that way he can off tank.  Was very torn on the decision.  I am right by the quest NPC for the first flashpoint.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »

My agent is at level 11 almost 12 I haven tpicked my advanced class, leaning towards operative.
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2012, 10:05:28 PM »

Cluedo is at level 15, ready to tank you all to glory and riches
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2012, 10:48:29 PM »

Were we going to try grouping up tonight for the flashpoint and beyond?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: