http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 04:14:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone hijacked my WoW account...long  (Read 23003 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2010, 05:33:34 AM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on August 07, 2010, 02:23:28 AM

If you tie your account to an authenticator, what happens when you lose that authenticator? How hard is it to get Blizzard support to disable the authenticator from your account and let you access it using static password?

AFAIK, at that point you have to prove that you still own the accounts and then it can be removed. But I really don't know to be sure.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2010, 06:03:14 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 07, 2010, 05:33:34 AM

If you tie your account to an authenticator, what happens when you lose that authenticator? How hard is it to get Blizzard support to disable the authenticator from your account and let you access it using static password?

AFAIK, at that point you have to prove that you still own the accounts and then it can be removed. But I really don't know to be sure.

that's my only hesitant part of using one.  I may dump the iphone one, get the 7 buck one and duct tape it to my PC case.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2010, 08:01:16 AM »

I got a your account has been banned email today with a link to get the ban removed, spelling was also poor. I have an authenticator and logged in via the eu website and no issues so was a phish. Did look real at first glance but the fact i had the authenticator made me think no way.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2010, 08:58:36 AM »

Quote from: Reemul on August 07, 2010, 08:01:16 AM

I got a your account has been banned email today with a link to get the ban removed, spelling was also poor. I have an authenticator and logged in via the eu website and no issues so was a phish. Did look real at first glance but the fact i had the authenticator made me think no way.

I got this too, with a link supposedly going to the EU Battle.net.  silly hackers, I'm American  Tongue

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2010, 12:17:54 PM »

yeah i got the email from Battle.net...saying my WoW Character transfer or faction change something like that has been approved

i had never even heard of Battle.net until this

and also,i have only played a 14 day trial of WoW...and that was about 2 years ago

so i just ignored it and deleted it

here is CVG on the matter(apparently Starcraft 2 is targeted as well)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=258258

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »

A new favorite trick for hackers is to grab your account and quickly tie it to an authenticator.  This prevents the owner from having the chance to log in and contact Blizzard in game.  As we know, its damn near impossible to get a rep on the phone so it gives the hacker a few days before Blizzard is even aware that the account has been hacked.  Anyway, this happened to my account and once I actually talked to a Blizz rep I had to jump thru hoops and circles to get the authenticator removed, because the hacker also changed a lot of the info that account was set up with. 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2010, 01:56:57 AM »

Got 2 new ones again today.1 says my they see Im trying to sell my account and I'm in trouble  smile  But my favorite one is the 2nd one that says I've been accepted into the Cataclysm beta opt-in hahaha. Best of all is the email it is from...Return-Path: <[email protected]>...geez Jim can't you do better than this?

I hope all phishers burn in hell when their times come.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2010, 03:58:17 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on August 07, 2010, 06:40:47 PM

A new favorite trick for hackers is to grab your account and quickly tie it to an authenticator.  This prevents the owner from having the chance to log in and contact Blizzard in game.  As we know, its damn near impossible to get a rep on the phone so it gives the hacker a few days before Blizzard is even aware that the account has been hacked.  Anyway, this happened to my account and once I actually talked to a Blizz rep I had to jump thru hoops and circles to get the authenticator removed, because the hacker also changed a lot of the info that account was set up with. 

those bastards.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2010, 06:22:01 PM »

Lolz'r check out this latest one....

This is an automated notification regarding your Battle.net account. Some or all of your contact information was recently modified through Battle.net Account Management. If you recently made changes to your account information, please disregard this automatic notification.

You can log in to Account Management at the following link to review your account settings:
http://battlesurverus.net/

hahahah battlesurverus.net.....very funny Return-Path: <[email protected]>

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »

i had never even heard of Battle.net until this

No wai!

Because I can,
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »

So is Battle.net not valid? I thought that is what it is called??? I also got hacked on my closed account. I contacted Blizzard and got all the emails back saying that my account was hacked and they have reset my password and all of my character info, which they provided to me via email with all of my gear and coin. But I need to click on the link to change my password to battle.net. What do I do? Click on it and change my password. I also cannot log into my WoW account or SC 2 account because it say the user ID and or password is incorrect.

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »

Technically it's http://us.battle.net/en/ (at least for US users).

And now you need to have a Battle.net login in order to do anything with their games (as of a few months or so back). That's your 'master account' user/pass, and games are run through that.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Vindel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2010, 08:40:46 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 09, 2010, 07:17:14 PM

Technically it's http://us.battle.net/en/ (at least for US users).

And now you need to have a Battle.net login in order to do anything with their games (as of a few months or so back). That's your 'master account' user/pass, and games are run through that.

Ok cool, thanks, I logged in and changed my password. Everything looks good once again.

Now playing:
PC
Forsaken World

Xbox 360
CoD BO

PS3
Uncharted 3 MP beta
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2010, 09:05:37 PM »

So end of May my account was hacked, used for goldspamming and temp-banned.I changed the password as soon as I saw the temp ban. A week or two later I got a note my account was in chargeback status because whoever hackedit probably used a stolen credit card. I didn't bother to do anything at the time as I wasn't interested in playing WoW. The chatter here about Vorret's wife/girlfriend playing got me interested again and I tried for a while to get throguh on the phone to clear up the issue and finally sent an email to WoW billing. The next morning I had an email in my inbox saying they unlocked the account and to change my password again. I was good to go.

I signed up for the WotLK 10 day trial and logged into my highest guy, level 62 warrior from the Burning Crusade trial (ha!). I couldn't decide what to do so I went to create a new character instead... I was clicking around with out much interest, then noticed the Deathknight, I created one and went through the pretty awesome starting area and ended the day (saturday) at level 60. I didn't have as much time to play on Sunday, but I still squeezed in a few hours and now my Deathknight is the same level as my highest character.  saywhat She'll pass him as soon as I get another couple hours to play. Holy cow the DK is awesome.

Anyhow, I think they are scaring me into getting an authenticator since they say another hack/chargeback could have my account closed permanently.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »

I leveled a death knight in blood spec.  They are damn near impossible to get killed.  At level 77 I took on an 80 elite boss and finished him off with over 90 % of my health left.  Yeah DK's are a bit over powered, though I hear they are gonna get hit with a nerf bat in Cataclysm   ( some people in beta are saying that its not a nerf bat, its a nerf tree )

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
MaxSteele

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 10, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »

I had this exact situation happen to me.

I had downloaded and activated the authenticator on my HTC Hero.  When the 2.1 update came out, it had to reset my phone to factory defaults.  I did not realize I needed to remove the authenticator from my account before getting rid of the authenticator, which rendered my account unusable.

Yesterday, I called Blizzard Tech Support, gave them my email, answered my security questions, proved my previously used credit card, and they removed the authenticator from my account.

It would have been easier if I hadn't called from work, because giving them the CD key for any WoW game you have registered works as proof on your account as well.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 13, 2010, 07:36:51 PM »

i have had another 3 emails in the last few days saying the same- either about my faction transfer request or change of email request

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2010, 01:19:17 AM »

I just got one about my Aion account. I DON'T HAVE AN AION ACCOUNT!!..at all. hahahah

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2010, 01:22:35 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 13, 2010, 07:36:51 PM

i have had another 3 emails in the last few days saying the same- either about my faction transfer request or change of email request

yeah, me too.  they're all the rage now.

Because I can,
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2010, 03:00:46 AM »

Ok, I've gotten the best one yet.  They claim I bought SC2 digitally and they give me a key, most likely fake.  But my favorite part was the payment information:

(1) StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty? - $59.99

Credit Card Number : ****-****-****-9527
Credit Card Type : Vista
Item Subtotal: $59.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Shipping Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $59.99

I love the ? after the name of the product, as well as the Credit Card Type biggrin   And no, the last 4 aren't even close to mine.

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2010, 05:18:47 AM »

What, you mean you don't own a Windows Vista Credit Card? I never leave home without mine! biggrin

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2010, 07:21:29 AM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on August 16, 2010, 03:00:46 AM

And no, the last 4 aren't even close to mine.

Aha! Now I can use the process of elimination to figure out your actual credit card number. So close!

biggrin
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »

Got the same email with the same last 4 digits of my Vista card.   Roll Eyes

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2010, 10:52:29 AM »

Its an email from the future - a remake of SC2 and now we all use Vista Credit cards...

A new one
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2010, 02:49:42 PM »

Got the same e-mail about SC2

Order Date: 2010-8-10
Order #: 2573775

(1) StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty? - $59.99

Credit Card Number : ****-****-****-9527
Credit Card Type : Vista
Item Subtotal: $59.99
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Shipping Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $59.99

If all the world's a stage...then I want better lighting.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2010, 11:22:22 AM »

these have been getting worse and worse,i have had two this week

From Tuesday
Hello, thank you for shopping at the Blizzard Store!

World of Warcraft® Mount: Celestial Steed : 0233163025748930367896724

To use this key to activate the pet, simply follow these instructions:

* Create a Battle.net account (or if you already have one, log in) at ***************************

* Verify your e-mail address. (If you have previously verified your address, skip this step.) From the main Account Management page, click the 'verify this e-mail address' link. Then, check your e-mail account for a verification e-mail. Click the link in this e-mail to verify your e-mail address.
    * Return to the Battle.net account management page, then click on 'Code Redemption'.
    * Enter the above Pet Key in the code field.
    * Once you have successfully redeemed this code, you will be able use the pet in World of Warcraft.

NOTE: If you have previously chosen to gift your digital purchase, attaching this key to their Battle.net account will prevent the gift recipient from being able to redeem this key with your Battle.net account.

from today,has no mention of battle.net
Hello,

This is an automated notification regarding your World of Warcraft account. Your account options was recently modified through the Account Management website.

If you made this change to your subscription type, please disregard this automatic notification.

*** If you did NOT make any changes to your account or subscription, we recommend you login to Account Management at the following link to review your account settings:

If you cannot sign into Account Management using the link above, or if unauthorized changes continue to happen, please contact Blizzard Billing & Account Services for advanced assistance.

Billing & Account Services can be reached at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499 Mon-Fri, 8Am-8PM Pacific Time) or at ****************

Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.

Regards,

The World of Warcraft Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 12:10:54 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 26, 2010, 11:44:54 AM »

Hmm, despite all my years of identifying spam, I can't see anything wrong with the last one you posted. Are you sure it's spam? Did you modify the links in the email before posting here?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 26, 2010, 12:09:59 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 26, 2010, 11:44:54 AM

Hmm, despite all my years of identifying spam, I can't see anything wrong with the last one you posted. Are you sure it's spam? Did you modify the links in the email before posting here?

no the links are as they were,i haven't clicked on them,i will modify the quotes now

and i have no idea if that second one is real or not,all i know is that i have never got an email of Blizzard before all this started,i don't play WoW

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: August 26, 2010, 12:14:19 PM »

Well, it looks real to me. You might want to log into your WoW account (if you have one from earlier, perhaps) to check that everything is as it should be. If you don't have a WoW account, I have no idea what that email was about.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 26, 2010, 12:49:08 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 26, 2010, 12:14:19 PM

Well, it looks real to me. You might want to log into your WoW account (if you have one from earlier, perhaps) to check that everything is as it should be. If you don't have a WoW account, I have no idea what that email was about.

the only account i have is from about 4-5 years ago when i tried a 14 day trial of the game,but i only played for about an hour

even if i went to that account(if it still exists) i wouldn't know right from wrong in there,LOL...no credit card details are in there anyway

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »

Here's the one I got today. You'd think with all the money they get off dopes that fall for this they could high a better English translator. I removed the link in it.

Hello!
   More recently, an account of the invasion of the players is increasingly enormous players'equipments poor and virtual money stolen. This seriously damaged the interests of the masses of players, but also the company lost many customers.
  The company has taken some measures to safeguard our common interests, to strengthen the masses players'accounts Anquan, firmly resist the account stolen again.Through our corporate research and investigation to the XXX customers, we will make the following decisions: We introduce a software package to strengthen the system update the code and dynamic code protection card, which can effectively prevent the invasion of the account. We will send this code protection system package of players for free.
Please open this link: REMOVED
If your account by check is successful, we will send in this form of electronic dynamic code card package to protect your e-mail.
3 days after you receive the email, if you do not submit your information, we have the right to freeze your account, each player has a responsibility to protect the security of your account. You must join us in the game determined to combat all acts of sabotage.
If you have verified your account, please ignore this automatic notification.
Regards,
World of Warcraft Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2010, 06:34:13 PM »

Yeah I got a bunch too.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2010, 07:45:11 PM »

I think they should just shut down hotmail. All mine come from fools on there.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »

Hey, look, a cataclysm one.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 20, 2010, 05:39:57 AM »

UnF'n believable. As you know I got my account back a few months back. Just now I try to log in and find I can't. Someone grabbed it and changed my pass...HOW!???????? So I change it to something else by email and log in. Someone has been using a 10 day free trial to access WoW with my account. Says it still has 9 days left. think Ill log in and see wft is going on after i install it. I hope I have screwed them up in some bad way. bastards. And yet Blizzard has no security problem. Right. WORST COMPANY EVER for security. I'd  NEVER play another online game of their's. this is just stupid.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 20, 2010, 05:40:26 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 27, 2010, 06:34:13 PM

Yeah I got a bunch too.

haven't seen any in awhile now.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 20, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »

Now this is fun. I log in and see about 15 servers with just one character. I've logged into about 4 so far. They are all orc and all standing outside the bank in ogrimar. So far onlt one has stuff ...and boy does he have stuff. The mail box is FULL of auction house stuff..looks like stuff to craft with....tons and tons of greater planar essence, armor vellum III and gems out the wingwang. It also had 32 gold on it. ill keep it till I figure out what that stuff it.

Ill post more as I find it. I also see all of them have a Mr Chilly Penguin and a mini thor to grab in the mailbox. No idea what a mr chilly is even. More to come.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2010, 07:54:40 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 16, 2010, 07:21:29 AM

Quote from: Cragmyre on August 16, 2010, 03:00:46 AM

And no, the last 4 aren't even close to mine.

Aha! Now I can use the process of elimination to figure out your actual credit card number. So close!

biggrin

did you buy a vacation with it yet?

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2010, 08:15:15 AM »

I was wrong, there are about 25 characters. Found a few more things....more gold..around 70g....pattern for hurricane boots.... a belt of the blood nova...high lvl stuff it looks like. Still deleting as I go. not sure what I can do with this stuff Im finding. i dont think I can mail to my main guy on another server. So kinda useless.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 20, 2010, 08:16:50 AM »

Quote from: Jag on June 08, 2010, 02:12:33 PM

So many people use the Curse client, that I wouldn't determine that was the source. I've read just as many people who have inactive accounts get hacked and they don't use the Curse client.

since I got an authenticator I'm going to try curse again.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: