http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 01:44:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SOE - the cesspool of online gaming companies when it comes to launches  (Read 621 times)
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »

So, I try to subscribe today for DC Universe, and my credit card gets rejected, so I try again and it gets rejected again.  My credit card company calls me and asks about the charges saying one of the two payments was accepted even though SOE says it was not.  Try to call SOE, their help number is just busy and online chat support has an enormous wait-line.  I keep forgetting how bad this company is with their launches.  Why did I insist on getting DC Universe!   icon_confused

Ed. I am now in the game FINALLY, and I have good things to say about it at least.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:26:16 PM by Fez » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »

Whoah... They're having issues on launch day?  icon_wink Tongue

Seriously though, by now they should be used to launch days and have everything running smoothly.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:18:44 PM »

Yeah, it's amazing that this company can't get their act together with the experience they have.  A real mess so far. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »

One of the reasons I stopped playing EQ years ago and haven't played a SOE game since. Well except for Planetside after it went F2P. slywink
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »

Considering what they did to their customers in Star Wars Galaxies I'm surprised anyone buys anything from them.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 04:04:59 PM »

I remember picking up their online version of Final Fantasy on the cheap and deciding to give it a whirl.  I was supposed to get a month free, but the sheer amount of hoops you had to jump through just to register for it was too much and I just gave up and threw the game out. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:10:02 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 12, 2011, 04:04:59 PM

I remember picking up their online version of Final Fantasy on the cheap and deciding to give it a whirl.  I was supposed to get a month free, but the sheer amount of hoops you had to jump through just to register for it was too much and I just gave up and threw the game out. 

...that wasn't through Sony Online, dude.

on-topic, while they have some dumb moments, I'm still overall actually impressed with SOE as an MMO publisher.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on January 17, 2011, 09:10:02 PM

on-topic, while they have some dumb moments, I'm still overall actually impressed with SOE as an MMO publisher.

"some dumb moments?" They blatantly lied and mismarketed an expansion to their current SWG customers, exciting them with ideas for changes to their favorite classes, only to completely change the combat and class system of the game a week after the expansion came out, actually deleting many of these classes they promised to add new features to. All this was done without any knowledge or input from the current customer base, and indeed they admitted they didn't care about the current customers because they wanted a bigger market that they thought the stupider, stripped down game would appeal to. Under threat of mass lawsuits they eventually caved and, to my knowledge, are the only gaming company in history to offer a refund on a game because of blatantly misleading statements and advertising. They basically told their paying customers, "fuck off, we're going a new direction for a new audience" except no one new bought the game and like 90% of their customer base canceled.

This wasn't "a dumb moment," it was the biggest fuck-up in the history of MMO's, and perhaps all of video games.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 07:53:37 PM »

Quote from: Farscry on January 17, 2011, 09:10:02 PM

Quote from: hepcat on January 12, 2011, 04:04:59 PM

...that wasn't through Sony Online, dude.

d'oh...sorry...in looking it up, turns out it was PlayOnline that was the bane of my existence while trying to sign up for their game.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: