http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 09:13:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So who will be playing Metal Gear Online?  (Read 1937 times)
Frogstar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »

With the new Battlefield game coming soon, I'm trying to decide whether to buy the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4.  I'm really only interested in the online portion of the game. 

That said, would it be worth it to buy the game just for MGO?  Also, how many of you--particularly, those who played the beta--expect to be playing MGO a few months from now?  Will MGO have staying power?     

I'd certainly be more inclined to buy the game if I knew lots of GT'ers will be playing MGO for at least a few months.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »

I'll try it, but I really wasn't enamored with the beta.  Perhaps when not playing with folks who are mildly (or worse) retarded it'll be better?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »

It works better when playing with a good team and friends.  But, even so it's still missing things like more direct support skills.  TML, Depward, and I had fun helping each other out.  TML saved me a lot of times from CQC guys who grabbed me.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:11:59 PM »

Quote from: Frogstar on June 10, 2008, 02:35:53 PM

With the new Battlefield game coming soon, I'm trying to decide whether to buy the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4.  I'm really only interested in the online portion of the game. 

That said, would it be worth it to buy the game just for MGO?  Also, how many of you--particularly, those who played the beta--expect to be playing MGO a few months from now?  Will MGO have staying power?     

I'd certainly be more inclined to buy the game if I knew lots of GT'ers will be playing MGO for at least a few months.

Have you tried the demo for both? If not, do. I am absolutely in love with the BF:BC demo (on 360) and know that quite a few others are as well. So if you're interested in playing with some GT crew, that's probably the best choice, however, I don't know how many are interested in MGO.

BUUUUT. To only be interested in MGS4 for the Online game has me going  retard
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 09:04:29 PM »

Yeah, even though I haven't tried it yet, I'd have to say if you want an even better team experience you'll want to go with BFBC simply because the team aspects are more fleshed out with classes and such.  In MGO, none of the teamwork  staples are there like medic skills, support weapons, etc...  Heck, there was an ability in a trailer I saw where you could boost teammates up to higher locations on the map that I was unable to do in the beta.

MGO has a good start, but they really meant it when they said MGO in the MGS4 disc would just be a starter pack.  Later on when they add more things to the game it'll definitely be worth playing long term.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 06:38:56 PM »

Konami's damn registration process for the online portion of MGO killed me. I still haven't gotten past it.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 04:38:26 AM »

Playing it, loving it.  They've already added a new game mode, some new titles and a game variance, I guess is what you'd call it.  I've been on fire as of late, solely focusing on aiming for the head and not freaking out when I get an enemy in my sights.

They truly need to introduce a kind of lobby system ala Halo 3 and other popular MP games of this ilk for MGO to have a chance of surviving.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 04:44:07 AM »

Was playing a lot until the PS3 went bonkers.  Won't be able to play until late, late July... but I definitely will be then.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 06:52:33 AM »

The Team Sneak mode sounds interesting.  I may have to join up again to try it.  It may replace the Splinter Cell Multiplayer that I loved.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 04:26:17 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on July 06, 2008, 06:52:33 AM

The Team Sneak mode sounds interesting.  I may have to join up again to try it.  It may replace the Splinter Cell Multiplayer that I loved.

That Splinter Cell MP was pretty awesome, you're bringing back memories of Calvin, Depward and myself crawling along the ceiling of a room with baddies trying to find us biggrin

Auto-aim is worthless, for those of you reading this.  You *have* to aim for the head, or you'll get whooped.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: