http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 08:05:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So, what's a man gotta do to get back in on some COD4 shootyface action?  (Read 1876 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:06:10 PM »

I have been out of the online forum and MP loop for quite some time (since the Christmas holiday, partially due to travel, a new career, a new car, a new year, a new flu strain), but now I'm hoping to get back into the online MP swing of things.  Many have moved on to "teh new hotnezz" Burnout Paradise, but I'm still hoping to find some remaining interest in COD4.  It has been far too long since I last heard fuzzball's profane lamentations, or I last had USMC Kato snatch yet another kill right from within my grasp, or I last had reason to call Harkonis a no-good goddamn motherfucking turd-sucker, or I last got so angry with a game that I turned it off mid-game and dropped all of my teammates from a match.

I'm back and once again ready to shake off the MP rust and kill without mercy.  WHO'S WITH ME!   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 10:18:58 PM »

I'm here. I have been here. I will be here.

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »

I've recently got back into it.  Look for me.. I'm always looking to party up.  I've taken a real liking to HEADQUARTERS.

"Goonies never say die"
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 11:27:24 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 05, 2008, 10:06:10 PM

I have been out of the online forum and MP loop for quite some time (since the Christmas holiday, partially due to travel, a new career, a new car, a new year, a new flu strain), but now I'm hoping to get back into the online MP swing of things.  Many have moved on to "teh new hotnezz" Burnout Paradise, but I'm still hoping to find some remaining interest in COD4.  It has been far too long since I last heard fuzzball's profane lamentations, or I last had USMC Kato snatch yet another kill right from within my grasp, or I last had reason to call Harkonis a no-good goddamn motherfucking turd-sucker, or I last got so angry with a game that I turned it off mid-game and dropped all of my teammates from a match.

I'm back and once again ready to shake off the MP rust and kill without mercy.  WHO'S WITH ME!   

Dude, welcome back buddy! I don't know if I'm with you because during Multiplayer, it seems I'm almost always against you  ninja   See you soon.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:55:41 AM »

Give me an invite if you see me on man!  Glad to see you back!

Pikachu, I Blame you!
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 06:29:39 AM »

Bring on the pain, son.

I'm ready smile

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:54 AM »

as always, if you see me online shoot an invite over.  if i'm not in burnout, i'll jump over.  if i am in burnout, it depends if i'm well, burned out on it or not. 

i need to put cod4 back in my 5 recent games played anyways.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 02:39:43 PM »

Last night the turnout was rather slim, but I managed to hop into a game with El-Producto and SuperHiro.  Some of our matches were a bit overrun with younger, less mature folks, but it was still great fun, especially when the more irritating players were on the opposing team.  Perhaps it was newfound beginner's luck, or maybe a break from the game is just what I needed, but I was able to consistently place in the top two or three players in each game, even managing to place 1st in one of my last games of the night (calling in a helicopter does wonders for your kill/death ratio).  Of course, there was the occasional "pissed me off so much that I remembered why I stopped playing" game, but most of the night was great fun and I can't wait to play again, especially with more familiar faces on our team.

It was great to get back into MP again, and I look forward to playing with some of the other usual suspects soon.  Thanks for the invite, Producto.  I had a lot of fun.  It's good to be back. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 02:42:32 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 06, 2008, 02:39:43 PM

Last night the turnout was rather slim, but I managed to hop into a game with El-Producto and SuperHiro.  Some of our matches were a bit overrun with younger, less mature folks, but it was still great fun, especially when the more irritating players were on the opposing team.  Perhaps it was newfound beginner's luck, or maybe a break from the game is just what I needed, but I was able to consistently place in the top two or three players in each game, even managing to place 1st in one of my last games of the night (calling in a helicopter does wonders for your kill/death ratio).  Of course, there was the occasional "pissed me off so much that I remembered why I stopped playing" game, but most of the night was great fun and I can't wait to play again, especially with more familiar faces on our team.

It was great to get back into MP again, and I look forward to playing with some of the other usual suspects soon.  Thanks for the invite, Producto.  I had a lot of fun.  It's good to be back. 

You gonna be on tonight?
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 02:46:06 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 06, 2008, 02:42:32 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on February 06, 2008, 02:39:43 PM

You gonna be on tonight?

I might be.  Last night my wife had obedience class with Nala and so I had the house to myself for a few hours.  It depends on if my wife is occupied with something.  Lately she's been obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer and now Angel (she's been watching an entire season in just a few days at a time), and I have a feeling that tonight she'll hole up in the bedroom again to watch more Buffy and Angel.  If so you will certainly see me online. 

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 03:35:42 PM »

Yeah.. that was a lot of fun thanks Pete and Hiro.  After a hiatus during the live problems I've realised why I loved this game in the first place.  It really rewards my playstyle.  Like Pete, I can come back after 5 weeks rest from the game, and consistantly place in the top 3 every game.  It's not because I have uber skillz, I think it just rewards my style of play.  Unlike Halo 3 which is the opposite of the way I like to play.

That was a lot of fun laying the smackdown to that trash talking clan.  They were pretty quiet after we smoked them.

"Goonies never say die"
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on February 06, 2008, 03:35:42 PM

Yeah.. that was a lot of fun thanks Pete and Hiro.  After a hiatus during the live problems I've realised why I loved this game in the first place.  It really rewards my playstyle.  Like Pete, I can come back after 5 weeks rest from the game, and consistantly place in the top 3 every game.  It's not because I have uber skillz, I think it just rewards my style of play.  Unlike Halo 3 which is the opposite of the way I like to play.

I also saw why I enjoyed the game so much.  But, there were also times when I saw why I could both love and hate this game at the same time.  But even in matches when I started slow I still managed to make up for it later in the game and still finishing in the top 50% most of the night.  Certainly a great way to get back into the game. 

That was a lot of fun laying the smackdown to that trash talking clan.  They were pretty quiet after we smoked them.

icon_lol

That was certainly the highlight of the night for me.  If I remember correctly, that may have even been the game when I placed 1st and called in the air strike followed by the helicopter of death.  I was picking enemies off like fish in a barrel.  That was the absolute quietest I've ever heard the lobby.  Good times.   icon_biggrin

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 04:17:14 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on February 06, 2008, 03:35:42 PM

What's your playstyle? Nevermind! I'll start a thread about it!

Pete-

I should be on as early as 7:30 EDT.
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »

Tonight boys - CSL's off to London CoD 4 smash up party!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 10:49:12 PM »

Looks like I won't be on early after all.. disgust
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 10:54:31 PM »

No worries.  I'm rarely home from work by 5:30pm anyway (7:30 EDT).  Factor in time with the dogs, dinner, etc, I'm lucky if I can log on to play any earlier than 7 or 7:30.

I'm expecting my wife to hunker down for another Buffy marathon so I should be on tonight.  I just hope to find a better turnout than last night (not to say I didn't have fun with SuperHiro and Producto, but I have more fun with a team made up of players from my Friends list).

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 11:24:42 AM »

I'm planning on playing some of this later this week/weekend
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »

Ended up getting on around 9 and played for about 1.5.

The night started out as the previous two have- with me unable to hit anything and being a half beat too slow.

Then about the 4th match or so, I seemed to remember how to play and ended up going on a tear.

I haven't played with a crew in a while and  it would be nice to take on some clans again.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 03:51:16 PM »

My wife was interested in trying out Poker Smash and so we played that for a bit followed by a test run with Team Fortress 2 with Doopri and Starshifter.  My god is that game awful.  When compared to COD4, Team Fortress 2 was merely an exercise in frustration with twitchy controls, limited classes, uninspired maps, and repetitive in-game dialogue.  Never have I wanted a game to end so desperately.

I'm considering trying to revive our Geezers Gone Wild nights with COD4.  Perhaps a new thread is in order.  Seems to work for ATB.   icon_wink 

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on February 07, 2008, 03:51:16 PM

My wife was interested in trying out Poker Smash and so we played that for a bit followed by a test run with Team Fortress 2 with Doopri and Starshifter.  My god is that game awful.  When compared to COD4, Team Fortress 2 was merely an exercise in frustration with twitchy controls, limited classes, uninspired maps, and repetitive in-game dialogue.  Never have I wanted a game to end so desperately.

I'm considering trying to revive our Geezers Gone Wild nights with COD4.  Perhaps a new thread is in order.  Seems to work for ATB.   icon_wink 
I'll try to make time to blast some folks in the face in the near future.  Time is limited - got lots of writing to do. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: