http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 03:56:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple WoW Question  (Read 1394 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2004, 04:33:56 PM »

So, I'm level 9 now and have a dumb question I'm sure.  

I see people talking about distributing points but I haven't done that at all yet.  Am I seriously missing something?  Every time I hit another level I go to the Hunter trainer and train a new skill.  Except this time I didn't train the skill because I have heard it isn't really worth it (Parry).  If I don't train a skill this level do I gain a benefit at all?  Or should I just go ahead and do it?  Thanks in advance, and don't laugh too hard.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 04:37:24 PM »

You don't get your first 'talent point' until level 10, and as far as skills go, I only train the ones I feel I'll actually use.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 04:37:47 PM »

The only benefit not training a skill gives you is the money saved from not buying it. I personally would get parry if you can... it's a passive skill so it's always on automatically, and every bit of protection helps. Of course it depends whether you want to spend the money for it or not (it's certainly not super high priority type of skill).
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 04:39:09 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"
So, I'm level 9 now and have a dumb question I'm sure.  

I see people talking about distributing points but I haven't done that at all yet.  Am I seriously missing something?  Every time I hit another level I go to the Hunter trainer and train a new skill.  Except this time I didn't train the skill because I have heard it isn't really worth it (Parry).  If I don't train a skill this level do I gain a benefit at all?  Or should I just go ahead and do it?  Thanks in advance, and don't laugh too hard.

I don't see why you wouldn't train parry.  It may not be ground breaking, but a blocked shot every so often with no other penalties could never be a bad thing IMHO.

Those points are talent points that you will start getting at level 10, one per level.  They allow you to focus on different aspects of your class and give you unigue bonuses.

You can play around with assigning talents here:
http://www.thottbot.com/?ti=Hunter

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 05:06:36 PM »

The real fun begins when you start second guessing your Talent Point selections. frown

You can wipe them, but it costs Gold!!!
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 05:12:55 PM »

Ahh, thanks for the clarification guys.  I'll go ahead and train Parry this evening.  

Quote from: "leo8877"
The real fun begins when you start second guessing your Talent Point selections. frown

I've never even laid eyes on a gold piece, much less held one.  The most I've ever had is 14 Silver.  frown

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 05:17:13 PM »

Ahh, thanks for the clarification guys.  I'll go ahead and train Parry this evening.  

I've never even laid eyes on a gold piece, much less held one.  The most I've ever had is 14 Silver.  frown

That's normal.  Once you get higher up, you'll start finding good loot from monsters that you can't use and you sell it.  It starts to accumulate and you'll find that you have gold in your wallet!  Sadly, higher level skills cost lots and you'll be poor again. frown

On a side note, I train Parry too, as any chance for me not to get hit is a good one.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »

That's normal.  Once you get higher up, you'll start finding good loot from monsters that you can't use and you sell it.  It starts to accumulate and you'll find that you have gold in your wallet!  Sadly, higher level skills cost lots and you'll be poor again. frown

On a side note, I train Parry too, as any chance for me not to get hit is a good one.

Ah, good to know.  Then I can buy the Almost Heroes Tabbard!  Once I hit level 10 and get a pet, am I safe to leave the first island?   I hear everything picks up even more once you leave it.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 05:54:03 PM »

Ah, good to know.  Then I can buy the Almost Heroes Tabbard!  Once I hit level 10 and get a pet, am I safe to leave the first island?   I hear everything picks up even more once you leave it.

You'll have plenty of gold.  I'm level 29 now and I have around 5-6 gold handy.  I buy stuff at auction and buy skills and it goes down, but you'll start raking in the dough.  Higher level monsters drop silver, etc.  Hell I sold a sword that I looted for 90 silver at auction.  Making money is fun!

Not sure what race you are, but I know for the ones that I've played, once you leave the starting area, things do pick up.  You'll get quests that require you to go to another area of the world and then you'll get a whole bunch of quests from there.  It's a really neat process.  Soon, you'll have so many quests from so many different areas, you won't know what to do!

Last night was the first time that my log was full and I had to abandon a quest that I just couldn't do at the time.  

Any way, it's just fun, fun, fun ahead for you!!!
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 06:13:17 PM »

Ah, good to know. Then I can buy the Almost Heroes Tabbard! Once I hit level 10 and get a pet, am I safe to leave the first island? I hear everything picks up even more once you leave it.

You'll be fine at 10 to leave.  Take the quest to kill the spider queen thing on the first island (found in the temple) too.  It'll give you some nice experience and money, but you'll need to group for it.  

I have a mage around level 11 or so.  We should hook up this weekend.  I'd love to let your new pet tank for me!

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: