http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 07:35:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What faction/type of server do you want to play on in WoW?  (Voting closed: November 10, 2004, 08:16:02 PM)
Alliance-PvE - 16 (48.5%)
Alliance-PvP - 5 (15.2%)
Horde-PvE - 7 (21.2%)
Horde-PvP - 5 (15.2%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Semi-Official CG WoW Guild Poll-Please Vote!!  (Read 3702 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2004, 08:16:02 PM »

Ok guys, please, no discussion in this thread. If you are interested in playing with a CG WoW guild, please vote what type of server you would rather play on!

The choices are:
Alliance/PVE
Alliance/PVP
Horde/PVE
Horde/PVP
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 09:15:12 PM »

Horde/PVP was my vote.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 09:41:42 PM »

Changed to Horde PvP.

Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 01:09:03 AM »

BTW, PvE in WoW still entails PvP.  It's just relegated to zones and instances rather than a free for all PvP server type situation.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 01:10:05 AM »

Uh yeah, I thought that was fairly well known-guys, if you didnt know that, well, listen up!
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 01:31:54 AM »

Yes I know, but just curious how the pvp all the time server was working out for him.

-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 01:47:39 AM »

Quote from: "Interloper"
Yes I know, but just curious how the pvp all the time server was working out for him.
It's hardly noticable, yet.

I sort of believe that if I see an Alliance player at any time, I should be able to attack him.  That's the essence of the PvP servers--it's not like Horde members can attack other Horde members or anything.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 01:58:15 AM »

I think I'm going to have an Alliance main and a Horde alt on PvE.
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 02:04:29 AM »

Having a well organized fun guild would be the ultimate on a PVP server where all the action is.  I voted Horde PvP.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 02:09:15 AM »

I sort of believe that if I see an Alliance player at any time, I should be able to attack him. That's the essence of the PvP servers--it's not like Horde members can attack other Horde members or anything

Ah, that's where I was confused then.  I thought it was PvP all the time, a free for all I guess you could say.  In that case I change my vote to Horde PvP server  slywink

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 03:50:32 AM »

Alliance PvP, assuming the PvP is just Alliance vs Horde.  That would be great.  

It looks like the only really good Horde race is the undead, and it looks like we'll see an overwhelming amount of them.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2004, 01:00:15 PM »

Grrr... Tauren SMASH!

I like Tauren more than Undead :-)
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2004, 06:00:58 PM »

It's hard to say right now, but I picked Alliance PvE.  Paladin and Hunter talents aren't in yet and high level spells/skills are still coming as well.  It really depends on what changes they make.

Why PvE?  Because I don't want to be fighting people when I want to quest or farm.  I'd rather go PvP when I go to the battlegrounds or raid a city.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2004, 10:30:02 PM »

Why PvE? Because I don't want to be fighting people when I want to quest or farm. I'd rather go PvP when I go to the battlegrounds or raid a city.

Can someone clarify PvP?  Is it always alliance vs. horde no matter where you are, or special zones?  Does the PvE server have any pvp stuff?

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2004, 10:59:08 PM »

Ok, check it out ninjas:

PvE: You can walk right next to a horde character and have nothing happen, but the minute you both /pvp yourselves (turn your flags on), you can go postal on each others asses. You find this happens ALL THE TIME in places like Southshore, raids on capital cities, and certain other battleground type areas (STV). As for real battlegrounds, the promised land of PvP interaction in PvE servers, well, we really dont know exactly how they will work, and while they were promised MULTIPLE times over the last few months and were said to certanily be in the upcoming patch (look for the new patch the day open beta starts), recent posts from the community directors sound like obvious prevarication-I wouldn't be suprised if we dont see them, for whatever reason. It just soudns like they are slowly setting us up to not expect them wtih the pre-launch patch-I imagine they will be in shortly after launch, though.

PvP: Anytime you see a Horde controlled player (or Alliance), he can attack you. For any reason-anytime. Its a free for all (although not WITHIN factions). I do not like this-I prefer the regimented, structured PvP offered by the flags and promised battlegrounds on the PvE servers to the insanity of ganking and griefing on the full PvP servers.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 12:47:34 AM »

Poll stays up until they release server names, at which time we will tabulate the results and choose a server. Sound like a plan?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 12:57:15 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"
PvP: Anytime you see a Horde controlled player (or Alliance), he can attack you. For any reason-anytime. Its a free for all (although not WITHIN factions). I do not like this-I prefer the regimented, structured PvP offered by the flags and promised battlegrounds on the PvE servers to the insanity of ganking and griefing on the full PvP servers.
From a roleplaying/rational viewpoint, though, I just can't understand why a Hordesman and an Alliance member wouldn't instantly attack eachother on sight.

I mean, if you were the noble Human Paladin and saw an Undead Warlock in your favorite leveling zone, shouldn't you be able to automatically smack the crap out of him?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 01:33:53 AM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Quote from: "Rage"
From a roleplaying/rational viewpoint, though, I just can't understand why a Hordesman and an Alliance member wouldn't instantly attack eachother on sight.

I mean, if you were the noble Human Paladin and saw an Undead Warlock in your favorite leveling zone, shouldn't you be able to automatically smack the crap out of him?

From a roleplaying standpoint, I agree with you completely, unfortunately, PvP to that extent in practice is much more problematic. High level players on both sides grief at will, camping newbie zones, slaughtering quest NPC's, vendors, players as soon as they spawn, etc. They also will camp out in certain quest areas and gank you while you are questing for XP or for an item, etc. While this type of FFA may sound fun for some, in practice for me and many others, it is an experience dependant on ganking, griefing and devoid of fun.

If the battlegrounds promised long ago make it into the PvE servers a reaosnable amount of time after release, I think the structured combat and pvp opportunities offered there will be much more fun!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 03:04:22 AM »

WoW Open beta release confirmed no later than November 8th.
Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 04:16:35 AM »

That is not exactly true... It's free for all when you're in one of the Contested zones. If you're in one of your Friendly zones (such as all the newbie areas) then you cannot be attacked by an enemy faction player unless you attack them first.  Likewise, if you're in Enemy territory you cannot attack enemy players unless they first attack you.

High level players on both sides grief at will, camping newbie zones, slaughtering quest NPC's, vendors, players as soon as they spawn, etc.

They cannot kill players in newbie zones unless the newbies attack them first. There is also the dishonor system designed to make life hard for griefers by giving them exp penalties, outlawing them from allied territory etc if they attack quest NPC's or players much lower in level (no way of knowing how effective it will be yet though).

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 09:46:44 PM »

Bump so people see this.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2004, 07:16:05 PM »

We have 31 votes so far. As of 11PM EDT tonight I am declaring this poll closed so we can announce the results and start to get a list of people we are pretty sure are going to be part of the guild-so please vote now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: