http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 06:35:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ryzom joins the free to play club  (Read 345 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2011, 12:50:26 AM »

starting March 9th

We are pleased to announce that from now on, players that create a new account can play Ryzom without time or place limits. Instead, free trial accounts are now limited to a maximum level of 125 in all different skills, enabling everyone to sample all aspects of Ryzom and to discover what makes this MMO unique. When you reach level 125 in a skill you can still continue playing, but you will gain no more experience points. The second limitation is storage: you cannot own any mektoub packers, use the inventory of your apartment or take any items from a guild hall.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 01:59:26 AM »

Ryzom desperately needs some population, so this can only help. It's a pretty good sandbox game that has always suffered from there being almost no-one playing. Nice looking world with seasons, creatures that migrate and hunt each other, material nodes that change with the time of day, weather and season, and a classless skill system that lets you build/modify your own skills. Allowing free play to level 125 in every skill tree is pretty generous, too.

I'll load it up again, although I'm short on MMO time as it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: