http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 01:57:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 78228 times)
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 07, 2011, 03:25:56 AM »

Hah!  Nice...I'll see if I can create one this weekend.
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:37 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 04, 2011, 01:04:12 AM

Yup, this guy needs to be corpse camped until he cries and cancels his sub:

http://twitter.com/#!/OMGYougotjacked

dude got me tonight, I was afk...

http://yfrog.com/j620110507231257j
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 08, 2011, 04:52:30 AM »

That's a different guy.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 08, 2011, 05:04:30 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 08, 2011, 04:52:30 AM

That's a different guy.

I checked the Twitter Teggy posted and naednek is on there.  maybe an alt?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 08, 2011, 05:06:48 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2011, 05:04:30 AM

That's a different guy.

I checked the Twitter Teggy posted and naednek is on there.  maybe an alt?

I wonder if he got renamed, both characters are dwarf rogues and similar level.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: May 09, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 08, 2011, 05:06:48 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 08, 2011, 05:04:30 AM

That's a different guy.

I checked the Twitter Teggy posted and naednek is on there.  maybe an alt?

I wonder if he got renamed, both characters are dwarf rogues and similar level.

That's my guess, same looks, same level and they have been talking about RP naming rules on the forums.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:34:34 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 09, 2011, 05:26:38 AM »

So, who here is in the Defiant guild on Sunrest, and can you list toon names?  Mine is Starbuck...made it this weekend.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 09, 2011, 07:32:30 AM »

Harkonis  slywink

Teggy has Teggy and Westia
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: May 09, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »

Quote from: Fez on May 09, 2011, 05:26:38 AM

So, who here is in the Defiant guild on Sunrest, and can you list toon names?  Mine is Starbuck...made it this weekend.

naednek, lvl 24 mage
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 09, 2011, 07:09:47 PM »

big patch tomorrow, which sadly coincides with Brink AND Space Pirates and Zombies.  *sigh*
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 10, 2011, 03:57:18 AM »

Suffering.   Defiant on Sunrest.
Haplo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 10, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »

Trying to get the steed for ascend a friend.
If anyone wants to try a Rift Trial, here is a link to use:
Rift Trial
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 10, 2011, 04:15:35 PM »

So Shadow Fire is a 25 second 35% ranger attack buff with a 20 second cooldown, so basically a permanent 35% attack buff after the first shot. It's awesome. And I'm sure they will be changing that cooldown.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 10, 2011, 04:19:20 PM »

i feel fairly confident when I say that I think they over did the rogue buffs.  Marksman, Ranger, Bladedancer and Assassin all just got really good in pvp.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 10, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 10, 2011, 04:19:20 PM

i feel fairly confident when I say that I think they over did the rogue buffs.  Marksman, Ranger, Bladedancer and Assassin all just got really good in pvp.

I'd have to disagree.  The rogue was by far the weakest of the souls even compared to the mage souls (except for the pyromancer).  They were adequate in PvE and close to useless in high level PvP.  When a 50 rogue from stealth and using a stun still couldn't get any other class (even the paper wearing mages) below 50% before they got away then something was wrong.  I gave up on my rogue at 30 because every other soul/class combo could kill the same mobs quicker and easier and with more health left.

Looking forward to trying out the new 1.2 patch.  Way too many patch notes to list here but I'm really looking forward to the LFD tool, the AH and crafting improvements and I may even try my rogue out again smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 10, 2011, 09:41:27 PM »

that's where you're 100% wrong though.  I am a 50 rogue and I have 100's and 100's of kills on other 50's of all classes.  Many times I jump groups 1v2 or 1v3 and still came out on top.

you gave up at 30, (where rogues were even more powerful compared to other classes fwiw, they got weaker at 50) so without trying to be rude you really don't know what you're talking about.  Tons of people complained all the time on the forums, but for the most part they are all just very bad rogue players.  Playing a rogue was difficult, but there were only a couple builds that were problematic to play against. (warlock armor ruins us, pyros actually are easy if you get your opener btw (unless they have warlock armor as well))

I was 51 assassin/15 infiltrator btw.

I'd fail a gank MAYBE 1 or 2 times a night and usually gained between 80-100 kills an evening (non-WF, I hate WF's) all on 50's and groups of 50's in Stillmoor. 
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: May 10, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »

Question now is which build to use as a rogue.  Looks like there are several viable options now, instead of just 1-2, for PvP.  Sin/BD/NB looks like a decent one for melee, and Ranger/Sin/MM just started looking a bit better too.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 10, 2011, 11:02:28 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 10, 2011, 09:41:27 PM

that's where you're 100% wrong though.  I am a 50 rogue and I have 100's and 100's of kills on other 50's of all classes.  Many times I jump groups 1v2 or 1v3 and still came out on top.

you gave up at 30, (where rogues were even more powerful compared to other classes fwiw, they got weaker at 50) so without trying to be rude you really don't know what you're talking about.  Tons of people complained all the time on the forums, but for the most part they are all just very bad rogue players.  Playing a rogue was difficult, but there were only a couple builds that were problematic to play against. (warlock armor ruins us, pyros actually are easy if you get your opener btw (unless they have warlock armor as well))

I was 51 assassin/15 infiltrator btw.

I'd fail a gank MAYBE 1 or 2 times a night and usually gained between 80-100 kills an evening (non-WF, I hate WF's) all on 50's and groups of 50's in Stillmoor.  

You say I'm wrong but then claim rogues were more powerful than other classes at 30...my other three classes would all beg to differ.  I easily exceeded the survivability and dps of my rogue in every case.  Still, I'm not going to argue PvP in a PvE game.  Rift is PvE...no realm vs realm, no open warfare and it wasn't designed for solo or 1v2 PvP in any way.  I'm sure PvP in a zone where everyone is questing, dodging mobs, reading quest text and everything else is easier but the bulk of people are PvE and the devs obviously agreed with the majority of people who thought the rogue was way, way underpowered at all levels past 20.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:12:11 PM by ericb » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 11, 2011, 12:34:43 AM »

I already answered that by saying that you, and the majority of rogues didn't play them 'properly'.  Assassin and Nightblade combo was more than enough at 30 to take on most class combos.  At 50, full assassin could handle anyone that wasn't full heal or warlock armored.

The other classes have a lower skill cap and are easier to play, that's why non-competitive minded people play better with them. 
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1739 on: May 11, 2011, 02:10:59 AM »

on please Hark, rogues suck in pvp wfs, even you admit you dont play wfs.  Sure rogues could gank people in wpvp since people were not looking for pvp in the world since its non existant.

If you tried your same strategy in wfs than you did in wpvp , you would of been eaten alive.   You pop out of stealth, before you can finish someone off, you get stunned, your victim healed, and since likely you are near the front lines at this point with your pants down, you get blown up.  Pyros melt face in a second or two.

I lived it, I had over 20,000 kills in wfs, and if I was a pyro I could of doubled that probably.

Rifestalkers were decent as runners, and horn grabbers,  not much else.  I had over 10k hits, tons of immunity etc, but I hit like a feather. Sins were good only in wpvp, all range rogues were jokes. NBs were OK,  but just that OK,    Pyros have wrecked pvp , I have never ever seen a more OP class ever in all my days of pvp.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:18:09 AM by tcweidner » Logged

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: May 11, 2011, 02:20:02 AM »

Quote from: tcweidner on May 11, 2011, 02:10:59 AM

on please Hark, rogues suck in pvp wfs, even you admit you dont play wfs.  Sure rogues could gank people in wpvp since people were not looking for pvp in the world since its non existant.

If you tried your same strategy in wfs than you did in wpvp , you would of been eaten alive.   You pop out of stealth, before you can finish someone off, you get stunned, your victim healed, and since likely you are near the front lines at this point with your pants down, you get blown up.  Pyros melt face in a second or two.

I lived it, I had over 20,000 kills in wfs, and if I was a pyro I could of doubled that probably.

Rifestalkers were decent as runners, and horn grabbers,  not much else.  I had over 10k hits, tons of immunity etc, but I hit like a feather.

I'm not sure Hark was even talking about WF pvp, only open pvp.  I can't comment on open pvp in other servers, but on Sunrest I've had open pvp everytime I played.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1741 on: May 11, 2011, 02:23:18 AM »

I was on sunrest from day 1 too, open pvp is basically none existent,  other than some gate ganking and the like. Hell noone left the city at 50.  You just did dailies, ran raids,and those that pvp, pop wfs. Iam in the Guardian guild, and we have fueds with some defiant guilds, yet even now , open pvp really doesnt happen.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 02:26:03 AM by tcweidner » Logged

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 11, 2011, 03:36:22 AM »

I do tons of open pvp every day in Stillmoor, not sure where you are, but you're not looking hard enough I guess.

I don't like WF's, never have liked battlegrounds.  If I wanted to play a battleground I'd fire up COD or Brink.  (btw, I have played a few WF's though, and I did just fine.  There will always be people who get separated from the pack.  In addition when group meets group if I jump on a cleric, they tend to start healing themselves and my group gets a break)
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 11, 2011, 01:44:59 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 11, 2011, 02:20:02 AM

I'm not sure Hark was even talking about WF pvp, only open pvp.  I can't comment on open pvp in other servers, but on Sunrest I've had open pvp everytime I played.

Yeah, but open world PvP with a rogue isn't hard when you're ganking players 3 levels below you while they're in their PvE spec and fighting mobs, which is Hark's MO.  He's no doubt a talented rogue and doing that is probably a good tactic to build up kill counts and level your PvP side, but it's also like shooting fish in a barrel.  

As such, it can be very hard to compare a rogue in open world PvP versus another class, simply because the rogue is almost always going to strike from a position of stealth (and therefore have the advantage) versus other classes which are seen coming from a mile away.  As such, it's typical for a rogue to be extremely overpowered in world PvP and extremely underpowered in warfront PvP just due to the preparation (spec, mindset) of the opposition.  Which very well may be the case in RIFT.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 11, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »

Well, I have to agree with Hark here for the most part.  At 50 it is tougher, but for the most part in WFs in the 40s I have been able to take on just about anything other than clerics and beat them at equal level one on one.  And I do use stealth whenever possible -- its been very effective in Codex and Whitefall for holding control points or planning a coordinated assault on the opponent's flag. 

Actually, here's a good story -- in Whitefall the other day, as often happens in a match, the Defiants and Guardians were both hiding in their fortresses with the other team's rock.  I snuck over to spy on them and looked for an opportunity to kill the one carrying our rock so we could get a point.  Patiently I waited for them to get a bit impatatient, and sure enough eventually they started leaving to try and attack us and recover their rock.  Left alone at the fort were a cleric and a warrior carrying our rock.  I snuck in, incapacitated the cleric, and beatdown the warrior (slowing him) fast enough so that he couldn't get to to the life boost orb found in each encampment.

This was all done in an Assassin/RS/Ranger build (I have yet to tailor this for the new patch), which sacrifices a bit of dps for more hardiness and escape opportunities.  Forget clerics though, unless I get a serious jump on them, I can't kill them alone, but I can distract them as Hark mentions.

Now, I also agree that pyros are OP, but typically their real bonus is when 2 of them stand together in WFs and spam AoEs.  Very effective near control points in Codex or near the rockcarrier in BG.  I'm not sure how the patch is affecting them yet because I couldn't play yesterday due to choppiness introduced with this patch.  Apparently, the developers left the error handler on in full debug.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 04:17:02 PM by Fez » Logged
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: May 11, 2011, 05:57:37 PM »

but for the most part in WFs in the 40s
 noone is talking about the 40's . we are talking endgame.  Rogues are OK at best, but mostly underpowered.  This new patch may change things, but for me, the pvp in this game is lacking and boring.

Stillmoor really Hark?  how is ganking someone during their dailies pvp?  its just annoying to people.  As I stated I played nothing but rogue since start, racked up around 400,000 favor. Dont think im resubbing. I did overall win way more wfs than I lost, so its not sour apples either, just boring ,unbalanced, design.  Getting killed over and over by some 14 your olds spamming macros in an overpowered class is hardly what I call good design.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 06:07:45 PM by tcweidner » Logged

Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 11, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »

Quote from: tcweidner on May 11, 2011, 05:57:37 PM

but for the most part in WFs in the 40s
  noone is talking about the 40's . we are talking endgame.  Rogues are OK at best, but mostly underpowered.  This new patch may change things, but for me, the pvp in this game is lacking and boring.

Stillmoor really Hark?  how is ganking someone during their dailies pvp?  its just annoying to people.  As I stated I played nothing but rogue since start, racked up around 400,000 favor. Dont think im resubbing. I did overall win way more wfs than I lost, so its not sour apples either, just boring ,unbalanced, design.  Getting killed over and over by some 14 your olds spamming macros in an overpowered class is hardly what I call good design.

Out of curiosity, what MMORPGs have PvP that you've liked?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:21:45 AM by Fez » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22:56 AM »

pretty sure he's a DAOC only kind of guy.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 12, 2011, 02:39:01 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 12, 2011, 11:22:56 AM

he's probably a dirty Hibby lover.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1749 on: May 12, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »

Loved me the set up of DAOC,  class balance wasnt always great, but world design was pretty nice , it was so fun I even didnt mind pvping, while Hark "sang" entire songs in chat.  icon_eek

Thank god vent wasnt invented yet.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 13, 2011, 01:18:44 AM »

had to have something to do while fletching for hours upon hours.
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 13, 2011, 02:52:45 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 12, 2011, 02:39:01 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 12, 2011, 11:22:56 AM

he's probably a dirty Hibby lover.

Dun be talkin' ugly about dem hibbies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlCco3tJx4w

Not that that really helps my case, but who can argue with a blast from the past? biggrin

DAOC had excellent PVP balancing due to the three-way realm setup. If one realm got too strong, the other two tended to team up against it. Combine that with the fact that as you increased your holdings in the RVR area, you had fewer and fewer npc guards, etc, to hold keeps with... made it hard to get ahead and stay ahead...

Class balancing lacked a bit... bonecasters vs... well.. anything, tbh, as an example... but overall DAOC had the best system I've seen yet.

I miss my cabalist (and my druid for that matter)

Atomic
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 13, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »

I was able to wrest some time back from work and rerolled Defiant on Sunrest, too.

Popped a mage to 37, named Superb
and a rogue to 22, named Prez

Would be psyched to touch base with the GT crowd.  Who in Technologic do I contact for invite?

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 13, 2011, 03:26:26 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on May 13, 2011, 02:44:51 PM

I was able to wrest some time back from work and rerolled Defiant on Sunrest, too.

Popped a mage to 37, named Superb
and a rogue to 22, named Prez

Would be psyched to touch base with the GT crowd.  Who in Technologic do I contact for invite?

I haven't been on a whole lot this week but should be this weekend.  The char names are mentioned above.  Pretty much anyone in Technologic should have invite privs.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 13, 2011, 03:53:40 PM »

Yeah, we added Fez yesterday.

Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: May 13, 2011, 04:44:59 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 13, 2011, 03:53:40 PM

Yeah, we added Fez yesterday.

Yep! Starbuck is now a leveling Defiant Mage on Sunrest.
Falcon554
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 15, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »

Quote from: tcweidner on May 12, 2011, 05:47:13 PM

Loved me the set up of DAOC,  class balance wasnt always great, but world design was pretty nice , it was so fun I even didnt mind pvping, while Hark "sang" entire songs in chat.  icon_eek

Thank god vent wasnt invented yet.

totally agree, I might of killed myself if there as vent back then smile

Scott
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 16, 2011, 05:10:53 PM »

So, I have mixed feelings about all the 1.2 changes.

-LFG is nice, but I've had varying success with the wait time. More importantly, all the changes they made to accomodate LFG is what I'm more concerned about.

1. By all accounts they have totally nerfed experts. I only had a chance to sample 2 T1s and part of a T2 before that happened, so that's kind of sad. If they had been easier from the get-go, I guess I wouldn't have complained, but I kind of liked the idea of learning the dungeons and overcoming the difficulty. It even makes running T1s to get the gear less important.

2. You get fewer plaques for running experts now, and plaque gear has gone up in price, including a massive hike on minor catalyst, although there are other methods for getting them. There's also no dps rogue standard plaque gear with +hit.

3. Supposedly experts are also totally bugged at the moment, where all of the bosses save the final drop lame blues.

-The 10-man raid is for people geared better than Greenscale. DUMB. I don't know what they were thinking here. This was an opportunity to give higher-level content to smaller guilds that were not ready for 20-mans yet.

As a note, Expert rifts are a really nice source for extra gear. You can do with 5 once you know the rifts, but I'd recommend 7 or 8 for smooth sailing. If you finish them, there will usually be an epic essense and an epic gear and they take a lot less time than getting a dungeon run going.

-Guild crafting quests are nice, but I expect I will never give up good mats for a small amount of guild XP.

-Making Mathos rep so much easier to get was great. There was no reason for it to be so hard. They should do the same for Icewatch.

-Crafting rifts are great.

-Wardrobe is fun, although as expected there are a lot of scantily clad mages and rogues running around now icon_lol

-I'm glad I can make Cinerium now, but so can everyone else, meaning it's worthless on the AH (along with serveral other rare mats). Not a big fan of this change in the end.

-Regarding class changes, I'm pretty indifferent because I don't PvP. Ranger got a nice boost, which is fun, but generally it doesn't matter unless I'm getting shunned from groups, which hasn't happened yet.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 16, 2011, 07:09:11 PM »

I haven't played much lately. What are crafting rifts? Where do you buy plaque gear?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 16, 2011, 07:59:28 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on May 16, 2011, 07:09:11 PM

I haven't played much lately. What are crafting rifts? Where do you buy plaque gear?

Crafting rifts are new. You can get one lure per week which will turn any tear into a crafting rift. They are easy fights and you loot crafting materials based on the lure type instead of weapons and armor and stuff. If you finish the bonus stages you can get minor catalysts and other similar rare things.

Plaque gear is bought from vendors in the main cities (kind of near Asha in Meridian, don't know about Sanctum). There are 3 dealers - "minor relics", "major relics" and one other (rare maybe?).

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: