http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 03:18:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 80402 times)
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: May 03, 2011, 04:56:34 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 02, 2011, 07:50:57 PM

I started up again with my lvl 27 warrior on molinar...only to find out over the weekend that the guild is practically dead.  I have a defiant alt on estrael, a VERY low level mage alt on sunrest and 3 alts of varying levels on molinar.  i'm not sure whether to play the warrior to max or just start over somewhere else/concentrate on my defiant rogue.   icon_confused

Yep, most of the Wanderers on Molinar have wandered off.  Some of the holdouts moved this past weekend, and I'm about to.  The main choices appear to be SIN, Accidenrtal Discharge ("AD"), or Pandemonium.  Sin and AD appear to have the largest player bases.  That being said, Molinar often seems to be dominated by Defiants, and I think we are bleeding Guardians at end-game because of the ganking in Stillmoor.  I was there yesterday as  was off work, and at one point I was the only Guardian in the zone with about 20+ Defiants.  Got ganked repeatedly.  This may become a game-wide issue on the PvP servers at some point...time will tell.

If I create a toon on Sunrest, any guilds have some outfitters who can make me a set of bags?  I find bag space to be a big deterrent in starting out a new toon.
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 03, 2011, 06:55:21 PM »

any way to move alts to other shards?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 03, 2011, 07:32:35 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 03, 2011, 06:55:21 PM

any way to move alts to other shards?
Yep, create it on the shard you want to play on and start leveling up  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 03, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »

No server transfers just yet, although word around the campfire is that they're coming.  If I recall correctly Trion hinted at it in a recent podcast.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 04, 2011, 01:04:12 AM »

Yup, this guy needs to be corpse camped until he cries and cancels his sub:

http://twitter.com/#!/OMGYougotjacked

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 04, 2011, 01:12:01 AM »

OMG You got jacked like a boss!

Because I can,
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 04, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 04, 2011, 01:04:12 AM

That reminds me of some little prick on Sunrest who has some /yell macro that he spams ("This is a PvP server, NOOB!!!") when he thinks he's going to kill you.  So even his own side hates him because he's that annoying.  Funny thing is that I'm not very good at PvP, yet this guy has never managed to beat me one on one.  Hell, I was AFK for a bit and came back to find myself about 1/3rd health and this guy trying to finish me off.  He started spamming the macro just as I came back.  So I drank a pot, healed up and proceeded to wipe the floor with him. 

As Bugs Bunny would say..."what a maroon!"

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on May 04, 2011, 12:16:10 PM

That reminds me of some little prick on Sunrest who has some /yell macro that he spams ("This is a PvP server, NOOB!!!") when he thinks he's going to kill you.  So even his own side hates him because he's that annoying.  Funny thing is that I'm not very good at PvP, yet this guy has never managed to beat me one on one.  Hell, I was AFK for a bit and came back to find myself about 1/3rd health and this guy trying to finish me off.  He started spamming the macro just as I came back.  So I drank a pot, healed up and proceeded to wipe the floor with him. 

As Bugs Bunny would say..."what a maroon!"

Funny thing I noticed is that since he automatically twitters before his gank attempts, you can see where he fails and when he gets embarrassed by people half his lvl.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 04, 2011, 01:16:29 PM »

...so there's a guild called "Fat Kids Are Hard to Kidnap" now.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 04, 2011, 01:21:12 PM »

I love it how he has 487 tweets but only 5 followers.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 04, 2011, 02:18:41 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 04, 2011, 01:16:29 PM

...so there's a guild called "Fat Kids Are Hard to Kidnap" now.

invite please! Tongue

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 04, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »

Looks like there's some new content coming today in prep for the big patch:

Latest Update Adds Facebook Integration, New Raid Content, and More!

Trion Worlds announced today the second major update to its popular MMORPG Rift™ hits servers on Tuesday, May 10th. In Rift 1.2 “The Spoils of War,” Trion adds Facebook integration, a new type of instanced content called a “Sliver,” additional zone events, and several in-game features, including a Looking-for-Group system, an additional role, and a Wardrobe.

With Facebook integration, players can open a rift from the Plane of Bragging Rights by updating their profiles with screenshots, YouTube video links, and Achievements directly from in-game. The update also introduces “Slivers,” 10-person raids that put players in alternate realities where invaders from the planes have “won” and Ascended must fight to set things right.

In advance of Rift 1.2, Trion is kicking things off today with the Spoils of War prelude. Earth and Fire rifts are opening unexpectedly all across Telara, spilling forth mysterious fragments of golden dragon eggs along with the usual monstrosities. Daily quests in Meridian and Sanctum offer special rewards to those Ascended who attempt to solve this planar conundrum.

Full list of Rift 1.2 Features:
■Facebook Integration – Post updates, screenshots, or Achievements from Telara directly to your Facebook profile!
■Looking for Group– Automatically form groups for dungeons, rifts, and group quests.  Complete random expert dungeons for additional bonuses, both for the daily player and the weekend warrior!
■Wardrobe – Players can configure up to five outfit slots to choose between - look however you want, and break out those costume items.
■New Ascended Powers – Omen Sight (Guardian) and Quantum Sight (Defiant) reveal openings to Slivers and even more in the future.
■Additional Role – By popular demand, players can purchase a 5th role for even more class flexibility.
■Many UI Improvements –Auction House, Crafting, and Artifacts all receive useful new refinements.

New Content in Rift 1.2:
■Gilded Prophecy Sliver – Rift extends its support of 10-player raids to this new type of instance! Fight against Golden Maw cultists from another reality to prevent them from gaining relics of vast power.
■New Dynamic Content – Two new raid rifts, one new expert group rift, rifts specifically designed around rewarding crafters, and easier access to expert group rifts.
■New Zone Events:

o   Planar Chill – Control strategic locations in Iron Pine Peak against planar onslaught

o   Scourge of the Sands – Defend precious resources as they are moved to critical locations in Shimmersand Desert, then launch a counter attack

o   An Eye for an Eye– Guardians and Defiants summon their respective champions in order to defeat the Colossi in this end-game brawl.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 04, 2011, 04:58:47 PM »

Was hoping to get the assassin changes this week, since I'll be busy with Brink next week. frown
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 04, 2011, 06:40:21 PM »

well my guild randomly disbanded and no one knows what happened. Guess i'm done with the game. see how the lfg pans out, but meh. haven't really played in weeks anyways.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 04, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on May 04, 2011, 06:40:21 PM

well my guild randomly disbanded and no one knows what happened.

Did you finally convince them that Rift is shit? icon_lol

Steam profile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: May 04, 2011, 06:57:13 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 04, 2011, 06:54:03 PM

ninja nice
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 04, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »

Rangers might get a buff! I feel so loved.

Hey all,
Just wanted to give you a quick look at the upcoming Rogue changes, these should go to TEST with the next patch either today or tomorrow. Please try them out and give us your feedback.

Marksman
 -- Master Archer now scales with Points in Soul
 -- Sniper Training now gives a 7/14/21% bonus
 -- Added a new ability at 24 points Deaden: Blasts the enemy interrupting spellcasting and silencing them for 5 seconds on a successful interrupt. This ability is not affected by global cooldown.
 -- Leaving a Pedestal will now apply a 15s buff with the Pedestals damage bonuses

Ranger
 -- Shadow Fire now increases the damage of Ranger attacks by 35%

Assassin
 -- Impale now gains additional bonuses from attack power
 -- Physical Trauma now increases your Final Blow damage by 4/8% to targets affected by your Impale

Bladddancer
 -- Soul renamed to Bladddancer
 -- Bladd Finesse now increases the Attack Power bonus for Deadly Strike by 50/100/150/200/250%
 -- Deadly Dance bonus increased to 7/14/21% and can occur up to 3 times
 -- Bladd Finesse and Combat Expertise swapped positions in the Soul Tree
 -- Due to changes to the Bladddancer a free respec has been give

Bard
 -- Added a new ability at 36 points Verse of Rebirth: Brings the fallen ally back to life and restores 20% of their health and mana. This ability cannot be used while in combat.

(and supposedly the "Bladddancer" is just a joke based on an in-game typo).

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 04, 2011, 08:12:43 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 04, 2011, 06:54:03 PM

it's not Dragon Age 2.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 04, 2011, 08:38:38 PM »

bards finally getting a rez. nice

bladddancer was a typo on an in-game tooltip that they fixed a couple patches ago fwiw.

those changes sound really nice and actually make the marksman a tempting soul for pvp imo.

The assassin changes have the potential to make assassin primary a viable pve spec without changing too much in pvp.  (you don't often get more than 2 finishers off on one target in pvp)

that ranger change will shake some rotations up since 35% is probably enough to make shadow fire worth using again.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 04, 2011, 08:42:44 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 04, 2011, 08:38:38 PM

that ranger change will shake some rotations up since 35% is probably enough to make shadow fire worth using again.

Well since you told me to use it with Splinter Shot to get my first 4 combo points I am going to pretend I didn't just read that.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 04, 2011, 08:50:53 PM »

YES!  I've only gone and bloody done it!  I finally hit the level cap in a MMORPG (apart from Guild Wars which doesn't count)!  Me, with one of the worst cases of gaming ADD I've ever known!  I cannot overstate what a huge personal achievement this is for me.

If I wasn't sitting down I'd need to sit down now! icon_biggrin

Steam profile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 04, 2011, 08:51:31 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 04, 2011, 08:42:44 PM

Well since you told me to use it with Splinter Shot to get my first 4 combo points I am going to pretend I didn't just read that.

that was way back before I played as a ranger.  (and for the record I prefaced what I said with 'I don't play ranger, but here's what should work')  You ignored all my advice after I actually had time under my belt slywink

Ranger is now my primary pve dps build, so now I know a lot about it.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 04, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 04, 2011, 08:50:53 PM

YES!  I've only gone and bloody done it!  I finally hit the level cap in a MMORPG (apart from Guild Wars which doesn't count)!  Me, with one of the worst cases of gaming ADD I've ever known!  I cannot overstate what a huge personal achievement this is for me.

This year was the first time I hit the cap in an mmo as well, and I put a LOT of hours into games slywink

hit 80 in AoC AND 50 in Rift smile
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 04, 2011, 09:07:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 04, 2011, 08:51:31 PM

Quote from: Teggy on May 04, 2011, 08:42:44 PM

that was way back before I played as a ranger.  (and for the record I prefaced what I said with 'I don't play ranger, but here's what should work')  You ignored all my advice after I actually had time under my belt slywink

What advice? I hardly see you on for more than 10 minutes every 3rd day these days. Any way, I'm all about the cleric these days. Well, not really but it may wind up that way eventually. I figure if I play the support dude in the FPS's I should go with the support dude in the MMOs.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 04, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 04, 2011, 08:50:53 PM

(clap clap clap)

I've never reached max level with a toon on any MMO ever. Congratz, Huw!
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 04, 2011, 09:36:37 PM »

Cheers mate!  Yeah, it took some doing I tell ya.  I've been playing the hell out of Rift like no other game in a long time.  For reference my /played is something like 5 days and 4 hours. smile

Steam profile
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 04, 2011, 10:48:50 PM »

i like the game, but no Hark or Kato makes soloing boring. 

*Hear Hark over vent eating taffy " told you should have started when the game came out."   Tongue *

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: May 04, 2011, 11:21:39 PM »

Kato just got his second char to 50, but has been working a lot lately.  I am avoiding alts, but will group with ya when 50! 

Do i get taffy now?
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 05, 2011, 01:41:26 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 04, 2011, 11:21:39 PM

Kato just got his second char to 50, but has been working a lot lately.  I am avoiding alts, but will group with ya when 50! 

Do i get taffy now?

Yeah, its just bad timing for me. When Soul and Ken moved to our server my training cycle is now in the field for a while. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 04, 2011, 10:48:50 PM

*Hear Hark over vent eating taffy " told you should have started when the game came out."   Tongue *

Hey Soul when I get back, I have a lvl 20 Cleric alt, and a level 10 rogue alt.

Semper Fidelis

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: May 05, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »

Cool I'm a lvl 21 mage!  So I won't be so far behind Tongue  I'm averaging an hour a night.  Weekends are going to be busy this month and next month.
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 05, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 05, 2011, 02:02:47 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 04, 2011, 10:48:50 PM

*Hear Hark over vent eating taffy " told you should have started when the game came out."   Tongue *

Hey Soul when I get back, I have a lvl 20 Cleric alt, and a level 10 rogue alt.

It's cool I'm in no rush.  I've decided to level for fun this time instead of rushing forward and I am enjoying myself much more.   I have a lvl 22 Cholor Mage, 16  Reaver, 12 Nightblade and lvl 4 Cleric

NiM$
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 05, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »

So i hit 50 a while back....but I ubervillain status today....i'm taking over the world! Via the auction house!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541767472294723925/745E2A1F55F0D404DD39B068703B079FE29A4EAD/
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 06, 2011, 12:01:28 AM »

Quote from: naednek on May 05, 2011, 04:42:52 PM

Cool I'm a lvl 21 mage!  So I won't be so far behind Tongue  I'm averaging an hour a night.  Weekends are going to be busy this month and next month.

Hey Ken and Soul, can you list your character names and alts? Hark doesn't want me in his guild because I'm too awesome, and I am not able to see your names  icon_twisted

Semper Fidelis

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 06, 2011, 01:23:47 AM »

naednek
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 06, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »

Kenji - Mage
Vandale - Rogue
Liege - Warrior
Preach - Cleric

NiM$
Fez
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 06, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »

You guys are Defiants on Sunrest?  Since Wanderers is kind of dead, been thinking of creating a Defiant, but can't stand the idea of not having bag space.  Anybody able to make decent bags on Sunrest?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: May 06, 2011, 09:29:58 PM »

Kato's guild has a max outfitter who i'm sure would be willing to make em.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 06, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 06, 2011, 09:29:58 PM

I can do it also Fez, my Mage is a lvl 300 outfitter/runecrafter

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: May 06, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 06, 2011, 10:56:45 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 06, 2011, 09:29:58 PM

I can do it also Fez, my Mage is a lvl 300 outfitter/runecrafter

you took the slyness out of my post, bastard.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: