http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 12:10:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rift  (Read 72728 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1520 on: April 08, 2011, 02:05:22 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on April 08, 2011, 12:52:52 AM

On a whim, I grabbed a copy of this at WalMart about 30 mins ago.

Should I break the wrapper and join in?    I've tried MMOs before but none have compared to the fun that was the original WoW back in the day.

Why not try the free weekend thing and see what you think first?  What's to lose?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: April 08, 2011, 02:15:38 AM »

Should I break the wrapper and join in?    I've tried MMOs before but none have compared to the fun that was the original WoW back in the day.

Totally your call.  FWIW:  Best MMO launch in years.  You will not be bored for the first 200 hours as long as you actually play.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: April 08, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »

Incoming patch 8am PST:

Quote from: Trion
Hotfix #14

WORLD EVENT
* Rings from the event merchants are now properly labeled as 'Unique'. These rings were previously set to be Unique but the text was not appearing on their tooltips.
* Added a display for the level requirements to Shadetouched Weapons Cache quest starting items. The level requirements existed previously but were not displayed on the item tooltip.
* Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
* The Battle for Freemarch zone event now rewards Otherworldly Sourcestone for participation while the River of Souls event is underway.
* Adjusted the stage objectives for the River of Souls event Rift, 'Pride Before the Fall'. Added better messaging to the stages involving the Soothing Stone Light.

GENERAL
* Fixed the Normal Practice Dummy having the defenses of a Boss Practice Dummy.
* Guild Perk: Planar Protection: Fixed a bug that caused this perk to consume Banner reagents.
* Fixed a bug where the Sir or Dame title would occasionally not be sent to eligible characters.
* Corrected the stats on the essence 'Elusive Prey' to have Melee Critical Hit instead of Spell Critical Hit.

ZONES
* Fixed issues in high-level zones that could cause Invasions to not spawn. This should help with zone events not spawning their Invasions as well.

SANCTUM
* Scotty's Induction Ceremony for the Runeguard will no longer be interrupted by hostile creatures appearing in the same area.

SILVERWOOD
* The rare spawn mob, 'Pandora', can now be killed by Defiants.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* Over 100 new item drops have been added to Expert Dungeons and Raids!

DARKENING DEEPS
* Expert: Scarn: Fixed the fires so they stay stuck on the bone piles.
* Expert: Scarn: Molten Phlegm effect is now cleansable. If your buddy is on fire, put them out!
* Expert: Scarn: Reduced area of Scarn's frontal cleave so it shouldn't catch players who are visibly outside of the front area of effect.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
* Duke Letareus, Infiltrator Johlen, and Oracle Aleria now drop 3 items when killed.
* Prince Hylas now drops 4 items when killed.
* Greenscale now drops 4 items when killed, and additional Relic items have been added to the possible drop list.
* Resolved a rare edge case where the instance would crash during a raid wipe-triggered Lord Greenscale reset.

AUDIO
* Addressed a bunch of audio issues with combat sounds being very quiet or not playing at all.
* The Lute purchased from Artifact rewards has more even-volume sound effects.
* More audio volume-level fixes for sounds playing too loudly (level up, anyone?) or too quiet.

CRAFTING
* A system fix to Unique-Equip crafted items that made them look for the base item when checking the Unique-Equip status went in with the 1.1 patch. This made identical rings or weapons with different Augment or Rune types unable to be equipped at the same time (or re-equipped if you already had them on a character and removed one or both). We are taking a look at the current Unique-Equip crafted items affected by this to see if further adjustments to their power are needed in order to keep them desirable.
* You can no longer close opened crafting reward containers and lose items left inside.
* Quests from dropped Cloth starters (The Caress of Cloth, Textile Texture, and From a Humble Scrap) can once again be completed and lead to the follow-up provided by the turn-in NPC.
* Calamitous Runes and Ravaging Runeshards now provide Spell Critical Hit. Devastating Runes and Destructive Runeshards now give Melee Critical Hit.

SETTINGS
* Added a self-cast modifier key dropdown under Settings -> Combat. This allows you to set a key that will always try to self-cast an ability if that key is held while the ability is used (such as setting up 'Alt' to allow 'Alt+1' to attempt to self-cast the ability in hotbar slot 1).
* There are now two sliders to scale the size of player and NPC nameplates under Options -> Name.
* Video recording: A bit rate slider has been added to the recording options window that will affect the quality and size of the video created.

CLIENT/SERVER
* Coin lock should be behaving better for players who also run VPN software on their machines.
* Server performance improvements.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: April 08, 2011, 03:38:02 AM »

Wonderful.    I decided to go ahead and take the plunge.   I install it, patch it, set up an account on Trion.

Then I realize that I need to add my game code so that it knows I've got it.    Try to go back to the damn Trion website?   Nothing... nada....  wheels spin for 10 mins no matter how many times I try to go back.    Apparently the site is down or something.    

I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow, but NOT a good first impression.

Edit:  can get to Rift game page, but if I try to log in, it's busted and just grinds without letting me.    WOO HOO!   Awesome first night.    icon_mad   Going to bed and will try again tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:40:21 AM by msduncan » Logged
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: April 08, 2011, 06:57:09 AM »

For what it's worth, the website is working just fine for me right now.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: April 08, 2011, 08:15:39 AM »

Btw Huw - or Reemul, would you guys mind telling the guild I'm not playing this month? thanks

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 08, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »

Sure thing Raz, I'll let them know.

Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 08, 2011, 08:50:13 AM »

Thanks Huw - I think my main there is either Demosthenes or Khergan :-)

A new one
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 08, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »

omg, they FINALLY fixed stillmoore's invasion, eh?
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 08, 2011, 01:42:02 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 08, 2011, 02:05:22 AM

Why not try the free weekend thing and see what you think first?  What's to lose?

Free weekend?  i have been waiting for a trial to try it.  Is that this weekend?

morlac00 on PSN
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: April 08, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »

Quote from: morlac on April 08, 2011, 01:42:02 PM

Free weekend?  i have been waiting for a trial to try it.  Is that this weekend?

Event Dates
10am PDT April 8, 2011 through 10am PDT April 11, 2011

Ally Code:  YQL2-YQ3M-9XRY-DGD3-CW2Z

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:15 PM »

Someone toss me a weekend pass.   I got a itching to play....

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 08, 2011, 03:01:52 PM »

Quote from: Elmo on April 08, 2011, 02:12:24 PM

Quote from: morlac on April 08, 2011, 01:42:02 PM

Free weekend?  i have been waiting for a trial to try it.  Is that this weekend?

Event Dates

Ally Code:  YQL2-YQ3M-9XRY-DGD3-CW2Z

Thanks Elmo.  Big download coming at awfully slow speeds but I guess it's better than not trying.  Looks like i can log on about 3 am tomorrow morning.  Getting less then 200kb a second....icon_cry

edit : LOL  Just when I was about to say F it nt worht the hassles for one night of play the speed jumped up to 1.2 mb

....and then back down to 100kb as i was typing this

...hmm and now back to +1.0gb.

This almost a game in itself! 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:09:44 PM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
Bcarle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 08, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »

Here is a code any one can use if they want to for this weekend

Ally Code

JCFX-PG7T-L3XT-WM7Z-K9RK

bob
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 08, 2011, 05:34:57 PM »

sigh....almost half way done with the Dload.  I should stop watching it as it is driving me crazy by teasing me with these short 2 min burst of good speeds.  Anyhow, if and when it finishes what server is everyone on?  Assuming most of us are on the same one?

morlac00 on PSN
Elmo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 08, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »

I think people are all over the place unfortunately.  Most, but not all, of The Wanderers are playing Guardian on Molinar.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 08, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »

I'm reposting for those asking - if it's the same as last weekend, these codes are five-use so give it a try even if you think someone else has nabbed it.

RIFT is holding a special Allies of the Ascended event. As my chosen ally, you can use this code to join me during the dates below, free of charge! Heed my call, and together we shall battle the Blood Storm!

Event Dates
Ally Code

QFFX-ZMPX-QZXW-ZH2N-MDQR

Visit www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally instructions on how to apply your Ally Code and to download the RIFT patcher.

Steam profile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 08, 2011, 07:49:31 PM »

Since this thread's pages are scrolling to the next so fast, here's my code again (someone holler if it isn't working, I assume it hasn't been used up if they're still e-mailing it to me). Sorry i misread the dates earlier (that it runs through late Monday morning Pacific/ or 1 p.m. Eastern)
Event Dates
10am PDT (1pm EST) April 8, 2011 through 10am PDT (1 p.m.) April 11, 2011
Ally Code

M2XE-T3CD-HQ6X-YCCM-RP3E
Supposedly the latest patch "reverted" melee combat sounds  High five!, but there is still some muffling of some key combat abilities:
To crazy chester. Audio since patch
http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?157957-To-crazy-chester.-Audio-since-patch&p=2065054&viewfull=1#post2065054
the melee sounds are reverted, thanks. The remaining problem is some abilities still lack "oomph" and are too quiet since last patch. An example would be the judgment ability. Before you could hear the impact of it, now it is still muted.
It's progress though.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:53:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 08, 2011, 07:51:45 PM »

RIFT is holding a special Allies of the Ascended event. As my chosen ally, you can use this code to join me during the dates below, free of charge! Heed my call, and together we shall battle the Blood Storm!

Event Dates
Ally Code

KJNL-2H3N-W9C3-T6Y6-P9ZG
Visit www.RIFTgame.com/en/ally instructions on how to apply your Ally Code and to download the RIFT patcher.

have fun most likely lurkers!

people play with sound on?
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 09, 2011, 12:01:51 AM »

Quote from: Elmo on April 08, 2011, 06:33:17 PM

I think people are all over the place unfortunately.  Most, but not all, of The Wanderers are playing Guardian on Molinar.

We have a sizeable Defiant Guild on Estrael.  At least 14 unique players...  Not sure where we'll be at for endgame but for now we have a very pleasant bunch having fun on a fairly regular basis.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 09, 2011, 04:12:47 PM »

played some last night on Suncrest defiant going to be playing on either Kenji or Vandale

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 09, 2011, 05:48:27 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 09, 2011, 04:12:47 PM

played some last night on Suncrest defiant going to be playing on either Kenji or Vandale

look up the sunrest defiant guys, we're on Kato's vent at times.  Most of us are in the same guild, but not Kato, that's just how he rolls.  If Kato and I were in the same guild, the game would implode due to sheer awesomeness.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 10, 2011, 01:27:08 AM »

As anyone who played probably noticed, the event that should have started at noon was moved to next weekend (which is perfect since I had all day today to play and won't be home next weekend).  At least I have another week to collect more shards and it will be interesting to see what they add to the vendor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 10, 2011, 02:51:14 PM »

Hmmm, I'm a US Server player but have a European bud on Steam (Finland I think). Would he be able to use my Friends code to play this weekend on an EU server? I'll check official forums, just wondering if anyone here had been in that situation.

Yeah the event seems to be running into a lot of technical issues, so Trion talked about extending the current phase for a week, improving the rewards for stuff during it and then bringing phase 2 in a week once the issues have hopefully been ironed out. The Sunday morning update is taking longer than originally planned.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:54:21 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 11, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »

Being on a lower population server is showing its down side already. Trying to find a T-1 dungeon group is a ton more miss than hit on Kelpmere.
The only time I bump into others is at night or weekends. Other than that its the odd person riding by.

I think they're going to have to think about server merges soon.

Also really feeling the small size of the world. Now that questing(a few dailies are the exception) is done there isn't much need to go to any other zone other than Stillmoor.
I really loved this game at the start, but starting to see that leveling alts will have to be my game play option most of the time.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: April 11, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »

Right around 40 or so there seems to be a nice divergence of questing areas (Moonshade, Roughlands, Whitefall) although I don't know how long that lasts. That was something I liked about LOTRO -- having several different areas to go to in a given level range, most of the time. It seemed to make me less prone to burn-out (though that did happen to me there eventually) and also let me feel like each alt wouldn't just end up going through the exact same content. My tank's up to 42 now. I still feel like once I hit 50 I might put the game away, at least for a while.

I've started a few alts but just don't quite have that alt-crazy itch I used to (I got 3 characters into the 50s/60s in LOTRO, and several to the level cap in City of Heroes).

The weekend event I've found puzzling on my server cause it just seemed to dry up a lot of zones, to the point there was often very little Rift or invasions going on. There was some major craziness Saturday night over in Moonshade that was kinda fun.

And a little mainstream media coverage:
'Rift' takes on 'World of Warcraft'
http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/gaming.gadgets/04/08/rift.trion.online/index.html?hpt=Sbin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:50:53 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 14, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »

I'm looking forward to this weekend's event.  Most of my Saturday afternoon activities have been moved to Friday so I'll actually be able to join the event.

On my warrior I've switched to a riftblade/paragon build (45/15) and it's amazing.  I'm killing much quicker than before with my champ/bm build and taking a lot less damage.  I don't have the huge crit burst damage and stuns of the champ build but at 45 I'm killing most melee npcs before they get to me.  Ranged I just riftwalk to them.  It's got full aoe capability and switches between ranged and melee dps with no problems.  It's also a high crit build so using elemental affinity I'm getting a lot of health back and not running out of energy either.  I honestly didn't think I would like it but it's a nice change and very nice dps.  I took void knight as a zero point third just for the magic damage reduction.  The warlord 5% never seemed to help (I never noticed them missing) and I'm too high level for the zero point pet.  Using a blue 2H now but may try sword and board to see if my dps drops much...I wouldn't mind the extra 2000 armor, blocking and stats if my dps only drops 10-15% and the majority of dps is elemental based anyway.

Cons: no way to solo an elite with this build.  Not a lot of self healing...I have to drink after 15 or so mobs.  Don't use big finishers (only two I'm using are alternating flame burst and strike like iron but nothing else is really needed 1 on 1).  High defense but nothing compared to builds with paladin in them.  No room at all for points in the third soul because I'm going to 51 in RB.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 16, 2011, 04:28:11 AM »

iOS authenticator is out.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 16, 2011, 04:48:38 AM »

The devs just posted about what to expect in the future regarding class balancing/changes, PvP, crafting etc.  Start here.

Steam profile
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 16, 2011, 06:42:25 AM »

Assasin lovin.............YES! They did hear us........!

Grace: Unmerited favor.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 16, 2011, 06:45:53 AM »

still not fixing healing in pvp? g fucking g
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 16, 2011, 06:50:12 AM »

Your Leet speak is to mighty for me - What does you last sentence mean? Oh, and I get the middle word...you should totally get that patented!

A new one
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 16, 2011, 07:23:18 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on April 16, 2011, 06:42:25 AM

Hartsmann keeps mentioning in interviews that one of Trion's best characteristics is how reactive they are to player feedback, and I have to say that I agree.  It's quite remarkable.  They may not say much on the forum, but every update clearly proves they're listening to all of us (with the exception of Jersoc apparently).

Steam profile
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: April 16, 2011, 08:05:21 AM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 16, 2011, 04:48:38 AM

The devs just posted about what to expect in the future regarding class balancing/changes, PvP, crafting etc.  Start here.

From the Dev post:

Warfront Notoriety

Another area of improvement slated for the next patch is improving the flow of Notoriety advancement so itís more fun.

What is this notoriety thing they are talking about.  Is that the same as Prestige or something else I haven't run into yet?
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: April 16, 2011, 08:08:21 AM »

I don't do warfronts but I assume it works the same as other notoriety; earn enough of it and NPC factions will sell you their gear.  I think there's a load of warfront faction NPCs in the main cities (i.e. Sanctum and Meridian).

Steam profile
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 16, 2011, 09:55:38 AM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 16, 2011, 08:08:21 AM

I don't do warfronts but I assume it works the same as other notoriety; earn enough of it and NPC factions will sell you their gear.  I think there's a load of warfront faction NPCs in the main cities (i.e. Sanctum and Meridian).

At least on the Guardian side there's Favor and then Prestige.  Although now that I think about it maybe Notoriety refers to individual factions whereas Favor and Prestige are universal?

[Edit] Okay, yeah that's it.  I wonder what they're doing with Faction advancement?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:01:26 AM by ydejin » Logged
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 16, 2011, 02:19:14 PM »

Just remember that the information in those links are just the highlights and there will be many more fixes...no need to panic yet.  At least it looks like they are buffing most of the classes this time instead of nerfing most of them down.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on April 16, 2011, 06:42:25 AM

this worries me.  My main is 51 assassin and if they increase my burst anymore there won't be anything I can't kill in pvp.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 16, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »

I'm out of town until tomorrow; would be glad to read impressions of the next phase of the world event!

Steam profile
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 16, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »

Wow, first time in a long time I ran into a queue on Sunrest. Last week I was able to jump right on at the planned start of the event. Now I've got a 30 minute queue that I doubt is going to drop very quickly frown

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: